Start by marking “God Chicks: Living Life as a 21st Century Woman” as Want to Read:
God Chicks: Living Life as a 21st Century Woman

God Chicks: Living Life as a 21st Century Woman

3.77 of 5 stars 3.77  ·  rating details  ·  111 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Holly Wagner believes it is no accident that you and I are alive and on the earth at this time in history what an awesome privilege it is. Granted, terror is alive and real on the planet but so are we and the purposes for which we have been placed here.

The King of heaven is waiting for women to take their places on the earth we have a job to do. Proverbs 31:8-9 says it lik
Published April 1st 2003 by Thomas Nelson (first published February 29th 2000)

To ask other readers questions about God Chicks, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about God Chicks

Once I got used to the author's generous use of exclamation marks, side comments, and smiley faces, I really enjoyed this book and found it uplifting.
This book is awesome! Every Princess should read it!:) not only will you know more about what a woman truly is, you will find out that as a beautiful lady of Daddy God you are blessed and so blessed to be a blessing :)
Holly Wagner, in my opinion, is amazing.

I have heard some of her sermons prior to picking up this book, so I felt like I could understand how she was talking right from the beginning. The way it read, specifically with all of the exclamation points, bothered me for awhile but I got used to it.

I absolutely loved it though. I love who it calls women to be. I love her explanation of the woman of Proverbs 31. I remember my first time reading that bit of scripture and being immediately turned off t
What is a God chick?
Holly Wagner coins this fun phrase and spends the duration of her book discussing what it means and how each of us can become one. I have to say that she did it very well! She created a book filled to the brim with inspiring quotes, exciting stories and a genuineness that most authors do not have. Wagner explains the importance of becoming a God chick- a woman that is confident, strong, persistent, engaged in relationships and present in the world! The whole book, in my opin
I read this book as part of a women's church book club. It's not my style of book or writing. It was a nice quick read and gave us something to talk about. Easily relatable.
God Chicks just was not my style. The writing was very casual as if she was talking directly to you. It was more of a self-help and empowerment book. There were a lot of quotes I highlighted that I liked, and I could relate to some of the scenarios. It just isn't something I would normally pick up and read. I read this as part of a book club.
The style of her writing in this book is aimed so much so at 13 yr olds, even though the target audience is "young women", married or single. It is her first ever book, and her style of writing does improve in her later books. She raises so many good points and aside from the slightly annoying writing, it is a good book.
A decent enough read, but a little on the shallow side so I didn't get much out of it. That said, I think I read it much older than its intended audience.
Ashley Katsuyama
Too corny for words. I just couldn't get passed the writing style to even notice if the content was any good.
Holly Wagner is an amazing woman. This book changed my life. I could go on and on about it but I won't.
Dawn Wells
Jun 16, 2008 Dawn Wells rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Christian Women
Recommended to Dawn by: Oasis Christian Center
Got to give a shout out for the author and pastor of Oasis in L.A. -- she's so amazing.
A light, thought-provoking read from our church library.
Jul 25, 2011 Linda added it
Great book by an amazing God Chick!
Kirsty added it
Nov 06, 2015
Rhiannon marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2015
Gelynn marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2015
A.E.M. A.E.M.
A.E.M. A.E.M. marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2015
Angela marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2015
Rebecca Van daniker
Rebecca Van daniker marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2015
Chenita is currently reading it
Aug 03, 2015
Avril added it
Aug 02, 2015
Chelsea marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2015
Ashley Yager
Ashley Yager marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Success Is Never Ending, Failure Is Never Final
  • Happiness Now!
  • Your Journey to be the Ultimate U (Ultimate U, #1)
  • The Power of Giving
  • After Silence: Rape & My Journey Back
  • Don't Sweat the Small Stuff for Women: Simple and Practical Ways to Do What Matters Most and Find Time For You
  • Ten Things I Wish I'd Known Before I Went Out Into the Real World
  • A Love Worth Giving: Living in the Overflow of God's Love
  • Why You Act the Way You Do
  • The Path to Love: Spiritual Strategies for Healing
  • Disciplines of the Beautiful Woman
  • Toxic Faith: Experiencing Healing Over Painful Spiritual Abuse
  • Can I Have and Do it All, Please?
  • Everything But the Burden: What White People Are Taking from Black Culture
  • Fascinating Stories of Forgotten Lives: Rediscovering Some Old Testament Characters
  • Changes That Heal: Workbook
  • Qualities of a Spiritual Warrior (Way of the Warrior Series)
  • Captains Outrageous (Hap and Leonard, #6)

“The bride, the beautiful princess, a royal daughter is glorious. She waits within her chamber, dressed in a gown woven with gold. Wearing the finest garments, she is brought to the King. Her friends, her companions, follow her into the royal palace. What a joyful, enthusiastic, excited procession as they enter the palace! She comes before her King, who is wild for her!