Start by marking “Prossia” as Want to Read:
Prossia
Open Preview read excerpt* *Different edition

Prossia

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  25 ratings  ·  16 reviews
"A teenage alien girl might endanger her comrades in-arms due to an unknown secret she keeps while fighting in a galactic war. Herself."

Where were you, when you had to grow up?

For a seventeen-year-old Goolian named Aly, it was on another planet called Argutas, a world where she had to "adjust" in order to fit her new surroundings. Daydreaming got replaced with nightmares.
Published May 25th 2010 by Xlibris Corporation

To ask other readers questions about Prossia, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Prossia

L. Maci
Confession, I'm a sucker for an interesting book cover. The cover of Prossia caught my eye. It turns out the author is a talented graphic artist and therefore does his own artwork. Neat, right? Another ensnaring detail is Prossia does not revolve around humans. In fact, there are no humans at all in the story. Intriguing. As a huge sci-fi fan, I was officially hooked from the beginning.

I love the premise of the book. The story’s tagline is catchy as well. Where were you when you had to grow up?
Masquerade Crew
WALKI'S REVIEW

PROSSIA is a sci-fi novel about an inter-planetary war in another galaxy. Refreshingly it doesn't feature any Earthlings; however the people featured are not so psychologically different, including when it comes to differences between genders.

The main character is Alytchai of the Kutenbriun tribe (Aly). She lives on the planet Gooliun with her father Shanvi. Her best friend is Cattalice (Catty). They're referred to as greenies by peoples from other planets, as Gooliun is mostly co
Mia Darien
Okay… this is going to be a complex review. There were a lot of elements that I liked about this story, but I had issues with it in equal turns. It makes me uncertain about whether I actually liked it or not. I was able to finish it, but between my issues and sci-fi not always being my favorite, I might not have kept on with it had I not taken it for review.

What I didn’t like…

I had some problems with the language in the writing. It would have been okay, since this is a sci-fi book with no humans
Scott
Prossia is an interesting scifi offering by Raphyel Jordan. The story follows a young lady whose planet is filled with a people who have pretty amazing agility and are known for their martial prowess. Aly seems to be pretty typical Goolian teenage girl, but life is about to change drastically. She and a a whole lot of other Goolians are getting shipped off to another planet to fight in a war against the Cyogen.

Raphyel sent me a print copy of his book to review and the first thing that popped ou
Douglas Owen
Jan 18, 2013 Douglas Owen rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: None
Recommended to Douglas by: Raphyel M. Jordan
Lisa Cox
I received this book as a Goodreads First Reads win.
I loved this book. Lots of action. The descriptions of the characters was great
and very creative. I'm a big sci-fi fan so anything involving aliens of multiple
different planets is a hit with me.
The ending is a bit of a cliff hanger, but it gives the reader the chance to hope for
a sequel and/or create their own ending. I did both, LOL.
I don't like giving a summary of the book in my reviews as I assume anyone reading my
review has already read
Devyn
I received this book from Goodreads.

I feel really lucky that I won this book from Goodreads. I honestly would never have given this book hardly more then a half-hearted glance nerveless checked it out and bought it. If that was the case I would have missed out on a really good book.
Okay, in the beginning I found the book boring and more confusing then a Young One on a new planet. Be that as it may, there was still something that made me keep turning the pages.
I'm glad I did.
This book is intense!
Ilona Mustafin
A true sci-fi book. I liked Prossia because it has action and keeps the reader engaged in the storyline. Aly encounters danger and enigma in her world. Prossia kept me interested to find out what was next.
Billy Dominguez
Prossia is about a special Goolian teenage girl who along with friends and family and immediately thrown into a war that takes place on an allied planet. The entire story was just ok for me, the characters were all really likeable though. Most of the alien species introduced and described were like creatures created in Spore. There was a decent amount of action in the whole book. I wished there was more detail in it, I was left wondering what the planet of the war looked like along with the terr ...more
C.V. Madison
As a part of the Prossia blog tour, Raphyel was kind enough to offer a copy of his book if I would do a review. I’m not a huge sci-fi fan, but I thought I’d give it a shot. At worst, I would retract my offer of review. At best, I’d find an entertaining read.

Prossia surprised me.

Warfare is a large part of Prossia. An alien girl, Alyichai, lives on the planet Gooliun. Her people train from the time they are young to be warriors in case the call for war is sent out. Aly is friends with Cattalice, a
Kelly
Well, this is going to be the most conflicted and complicated review I've ever written. First off, I received this book for free through Goodreads First Reads.

All right, so, I hated the typesetting and the typos. I know that most books have typos, but there were a ridiculous amount. Sometimes words were omitted so that the sentence wasn't even a sentence. This about drove me crazy. The editor really should have caught these and I hope they will be corrected in future editions because they really
Anna Tan
Alytchai (Aly) is seventeen and has been drafted to fight a war on a planet she has never been to amongst a people she has never seen against an enemy who would wipe out their entire civilisation. Dealing with teenage hormones whilst trying to focus on the war and their mission, Aly has a harder time at it than her fellow Goolians who can make fireballs of hot plasma out of their hands. On the way she learns to mix with other races - the cheeky Ufrian called Gruago, the imposing Hethroycken, Lor ...more
Abigail
Jan 01, 2014 Abigail marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I am a bit of a Science Fiction virgin, so this book should be an exciting first for me. Prossia sounds like something I will really enjoy reading and I am looking forward to giving it a go. Also, may I point out that lovely cover?! I have always been a sucker for beautiful and interesting/unique covers, and this one fits that category. I am anxiously waiting to receive and read this one. Will do my best to update this review after I have had the privilege of reading it.
Mary E. Hastings
I received this through First Reads Giveaways.

I have to admit, I wasn't a huge fan of this book. I can't point to any one specific thing that I didn't like about it, but it took me a LONG TIME to read it because I kept stopping and starting other books on top of it. It simply didn't hold my interest. I don't know why exactly. I LOVE sci-fi. But this one just didn't do it for me.

I wish I could give a better review, but I just didn't care enough about the book to give a more detailed review. To be
Kimberly
One word to describe this book , SCI-FI ♥. It takes place on another planet , not EARTH. Can you believe that. Jk! :p Whats better then aliens. Aliens at war. Alytchai is the main character and she is fighting for the Allies. However, through out this book the point of view changes from Alytchai to the Prossia people. (Who are neutral, they are not evil but they are not good either.) This book is very action and has alot of betrayal. All the elements to make this book a GREAT BOOK ♥
Elizabeth
I'm a sucker for a good science fiction book!
Courtney
Courtney marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2014
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
Deepti
Deepti marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2014
Maegen Schmidt
Maegen Schmidt marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2014
Isabella
Isabella marked it as to-read
May 20, 2014
Gmc
Gmc marked it as to-read
May 07, 2014
Lord Ghirahim
Lord Ghirahim marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2014
Benjamin Thornton
Benjamin Thornton marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2014
Andy Veo
Andy Veo marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2014
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2014
Ashley Visneski
Ashley Visneski marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2013
Holly
Holly marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2013
Goodreads Authors...: 15 Copies Giveaway of YA Sci-Fi Adventure Novel 1 9 Sep 06, 2012 08:35AM
Indie Book Club: Free Book Giveaway Contest 6 24 Jul 02, 2012 08:15PM
  • Sanctuary (Mesmer, #1)
  • Perfection Unleashed (Double Helix, #1)
  • Fable (The Lorn Prophecy)
  • The Other Slipper
  • Contract of Defiance (Spectras Arise Trilogy, Book 1)
  • Heavenly Bride Chapter 1
  • Book of Mercy
  • The Aberration
  • Blood and Guitars (Blood and Guitars, #1)
  • The 13: Fall
  • The Bone Sword
  • Rowena's Key (The Golden Key Chronicles, #1)
  • Atticus for the Undead
  • Crypto-Squad (Volume 1)
  • Elements of Darkness (Twist's Tales Vol. IV)
  • Foreign Identity
  • Fixer
  • Amulet of Aria (Bakkian Chronicles, #3)
4194723
Raphyel Montez Jordan grew up in a household sensitive to the creative arts. As a child, his hobbies were drawing favorite cartoon and video game characters while making illustrated stories. This passion for art never left and followed him all the way up to his high school and college years.

It wasn’t until college when he underwent a personal “renaissance” of sorts that Jordan took his interest i
More about Raphyel M. Jordan...
Evaluations of the Tribe Bellator (An Anthology of Warriors of Space & Magic) Prossia Revolution