Start by marking “No Other Man (No Other, #1)” as Want to Read:
No Other Man (No Other, #1)

No Other Man (No Other #1)

Discover the new Shannon Drake!There is no other passion so breathtaking and real, no other love so wild yet tender. And no other can set the heart racing with such glorious unbound abandon.

No other man.

Skylar Connor was widowed before she met the man she married by legal proxy. Now she has come to the Dakota badlands for the home and goldmine left her by her late husband.
Published November 1st 1995 by Avon Books

To ask other readers questions about No Other Man, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about No Other Man

Elizabeth
The outline of this book may fool you, like it did me, into expecting something nail-biting, adventurous and passionate, thirty pages in and it'll be more than clear that you're wasting your time with this awful book. Amateurish writing, inane characters, a TSTL heroine (one of the most TSTL I've ever come across), and constant headache inducing bickering between the two main characters. Why do writers like Shannon Drake think that women like the heroine could ever inspire love? More like a kick ...more
Foxfire
Jul 04, 2013 Foxfire rated it liked it
I would have enjoyed this book more without some aspects I found annoying.

1. It's not really clear why Skylar's stepfather wants to kill her.

2. Skylar is constantly bickering with Hawk, even when Hawk is acting reasonably. I see no reason for her not to trust him and seek his help.

3. The sex scenes are well done but it bothers me a little how close to rape some of them are.

4. The long political discourses about the Indian situation were boring and stopped the story moving forward.

5. The constant
Mary23nm
This certainly was not the best romance I've read, but it did keep me reading. (view spoiler)
Diah Didi
Aug 02, 2011 Diah Didi rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, series, own, 2011
Interesting, that's all I can say for this is my very first novel of Shannon Drake. I didn't realize it was a series novel and this was the second.
Well, I didn't really pay attention to the conflict between Indians and whites, looked more to the story between Skylar and Hawk.
I do like the way Skylar put on more fight everytime she was caught. But the way Dillman (her stepfather) haunted her was not described so much in the beginning.
I was a bit surprised that the story of this second novel mi
Sandra Dagg
Dec 12, 2014 Sandra Dagg rated it it was amazing
This is the first book of a 3 book series. It takes place in the Dakotas in 1875, and is just an amazing read! The Native American history is wonderfully portrayed, and the hero & heroine explosively irritating and lovable at the same time! I can hardly wait to start book two! Highly recommend this book to anyone who likes Historical Romance in the Native American genre...I think you'll enjoy this book immensely!
Chinyere
Jan 01, 2013 Chinyere rated it liked it
It was an interesting book, I found myself awake into the midnight trying to finish the book. I love Skylar and Hawk's story, looking forward to reading Sabrina and Sloan's. Though I didn't really get the Brad Dillman's part in the novel and why he wanted Skylar killed aside the fact she knew he was her father's killer. Also, how he found out she was now the 'new Lady Douglas'.
Julie Hoffpauir
Jul 10, 2016 Julie Hoffpauir rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I've read by Shannon Drake and I've read all three in the No Other series and love them all, the author really pulls you into the story of each book and each couple. This one is probably my favorite.
Kit★
Never tried the author before, but it sounded interesting and was only fifty cents, so add it to TBR mountain.
Norma Gaddy
Norma Gaddy rated it really liked it
Aug 17, 2015
Bigedsgirl1
Bigedsgirl1 rated it really liked it
May 07, 2016
Debbie Hayward
Debbie Hayward rated it really liked it
Aug 13, 2012
Amy Houser
Amy Houser rated it really liked it
Jun 22, 2014
Nel-ly
Nel-ly rated it liked it
Nov 01, 2012
Tonya
Tonya rated it it was amazing
Oct 01, 2013
Cona Hartwig
Cona Hartwig rated it really liked it
May 30, 2010
Mhollie
Mhollie rated it it was amazing
Mar 23, 2010
Felisa Harris-mitchell
Felisa Harris-mitchell rated it it was amazing
Feb 07, 2015
Ciera Jenkins
Ciera Jenkins rated it liked it
Aug 15, 2010
Samantha Mcallister
Samantha Mcallister rated it really liked it
Jun 22, 2015
Sharon
Sharon rated it liked it
Jun 18, 2014
Peggy
Peggy rated it it was amazing
Sep 22, 2016
Sandra Cook
Sandra Cook rated it really liked it
Sep 07, 2016
Sharon Warrix
Sharon Warrix rated it liked it
Apr 28, 2013
A
A rated it liked it
Jan 26, 2013
Karen
Karen rated it it was amazing
May 30, 2011
Debbie
Debbie rated it it was amazing
Sep 06, 2016
Jessie
Jessie rated it it was ok
Sep 11, 2016
Alicia Coleman
Alicia Coleman rated it it was amazing
Oct 17, 2009
Tonjia
Tonjia rated it it was amazing
Feb 14, 2012
  • Rebel (Florida Civil War, #3)
  • Lakota Renegade
  • Velvet Chains
  • Winter Raven
  • Too Tough to Tame (Tough Man, #1)
  • Only Mine (Only Series, #2)
  • Winter's Touch (Arapaho Touch, #1)
  • Cheyenne Song
  • The Lone Warrior (Once Upon a Time in the West, #3)
  • Lakota Winds (Lakota Skies, #1)
  • Wind Rider (Trails West Trilogy, #2)
  • Fair is the Rose
  • Sea Jewel (Viking Trilogy, #1)
  • Temptation
Heather Graham Pozzessere
aka Heather Graham, Shannon Drake

Heather Graham was born on March 15, 1953 and grew up in Dade County, Florida, and attended the University of South Florida at Tampa, majoring in theater arts and touring Europe and parts of Asia and Africa as part of her studies. After college, she acted in dinner theaters, modeled, waitressed, and tended bar. She married Hershey Dennis Po
More about Shannon Drake...

No Other (3 books)
  • No Other Woman (No Other, #2)
  • No Other Love (No Other, #3)