Start by marking “Realm Of Shadows (Vampire, #4)” as Want to Read:
Realm Of Shadows (Vampire, #4)

Realm Of Shadows (Vampire #4)

3.94  ·  Rating Details  ·  985 Ratings  ·  45 Reviews
When an ancient tomb is uncovered in Paris, something goes horribly wrong. For American visitor Tara Mason, the romantic city of her dreams suddenly turns sinister. At the country estate where she seeks refuge, a shadowy man calls himself a guardian. He is sworn to protect the innocent--including Tara--from the evil that won't stop until it claims her, body and soul.
Published October 1st 2002 by Zebra

To ask other readers questions about Realm Of Shadows, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Realm Of Shadows

Gina
Mar 15, 2008 Gina rated it really liked it
Still not as great-great as the first two in the series, but great-good. I thought Tara to be a strong female character, who knew her own strength and still pushed on. I thought it was planned out, and you never really know who the 'bad guy' is, but you still manage to figure it out by the end. What I like is the ties from the past to the present and what it means for the characters.
April Sarah
Jan 08, 2015 April Sarah rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned
I have re-read this book and I found it as wonderful a read as the first time around. It is a great read when it is pooring outside and the only light in the room is a small reading lamp.
Nickie
Jul 17, 2012 Nickie rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. It actually scared the crap out out of me. Which is funny because. I have read much scarey books. I thin it was the suspense.
Andrea
May 16, 2010 Andrea rated it it was amazing
I just finished this book and I loved it! The story was exciting and I was totally drawn into it.
Elaina Evans
Feb 07, 2011 Elaina Evans rated it really liked it
Slow start but killer ending!! Ready to start the next one tomorrow night!
Jenna Storm
Oct 02, 2010 Jenna Storm rated it really liked it
Once again, Shannon Drake transports me to another place with her writing.
Trudy Whatnot Books
Aug 01, 2011 Trudy Whatnot Books rated it really liked it
Shelves: wnbooks-com
I enjoyed this book throughly.
colleen
Apr 14, 2008 Brett rated it liked it
Dark Fantasy
Lauren
Dec 09, 2015 Lauren rated it really liked it
Traveling back to a little town outside of Paris to visit her grandfather, Tara just did not know what she was getting in to. She did not believe her grandfathers fantastic stories of vampires but when a murder takes places and strange things start happening she has to quickly figure out just who she can trust. She might just have to rely on one of the creatures of the night.

The detective was quick to give up information about the five other missing people.

Tara is extremely stubborn when she g
Doris
Sep 12, 2014 Doris rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: heather-graham
This book turned out to be part four of six of the 'Alliance Vampires' series and one of the earlier works of Heather Graham. It shows.
White the writing itself is as competent as always - this is after all a very gifted author we are talking about - the characters are fleshed out and the locations described to make the reader feel s/he is actually there. However, he way the story was laid out is somewhat disconcerting. Let me explain what I mean by that.
There are quite a number of people involve
Connie
Nov 06, 2008 Connie rated it really liked it
Loved it!
Emily
Apr 01, 2011 Emily rated it did not like it
[Spoilers] Shannon Drake has added another element to her vampire series: The Alliance. This is apparently a combination vampire slayer/watcher organization that’s been around since the beginning of time. Our newest heroine, Tara, is the genetic inheritor of her family’s membership in this alliance. However, this does not make her as cool as Buffy. She’s got the dreams about vampires, but no super-powers, although she might be a little better at killing them than the average human. She’s also go ...more
Johanna
Mar 30, 2012 Johanna rated it liked it
Realm of Shadows
(Vampire Saga Book #4)
by Shannon Drake (aka Heather Graham)

Genre: Paranormal Romance

Every Nightmare Has Its Beginning

In an ancient churchyard just outside Paris, archeologists uncover an ancient tomb certain they have stumbled onto the find of the century. But something goes very wrong as the tomb is opened. Something too frightening to imagine...and too terrible to utter.

For American visitor Tara Mason, the romantic city of her dreams has suddenly turned sinister. For she has
Jessica
Apr 23, 2014 Jessica rated it liked it
Book was ok. Felt like something was missing from the storyline, cant quit put my finger on it. Did enjoy that the book was descriptive and action filled.
Wendy Brandt
Liked this book a lot! The story line was good and moved along nicely and I really liked the characters.
DK Hoffman
May 24, 2014 DK Hoffman rated it liked it
Shelves: urban-fantasy
A good read with interesting characters. Set in France, which was nice for a change.
Kathryn
Nov 21, 2009 Kathryn rated it it was ok
This book was difficult to read. There were a lot of times where the author would just go on about a character in a flashback and only refer to them as he or she. Sometimes it wasn't obvious that it was a flashback and this just served to confuse the situation even more. For the first third of the book I thought there were twice as many character as there really were. Another thing that I found irritating was the way the author kept using... Yeah, ellipses. They were everywhere! On just 2 pages ...more
Diane
Feb 12, 2015 Diane rated it liked it
see book 2 for review/
Steph Moyer
Sep 18, 2014 Steph Moyer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
Damnit, once again I picked up in the middle of a series. It wasn't too bad though. Characters from previous books showed up, hinted at previous stories that have happened. But didn't pull away from the book or leave me confused.
The plot was good, killer vampire lady gets dug up, starts killing people, a group of people are going to stop her. I didn't yell at any of the characters for being stupid. And I didn't want to throw the book across the room when I finished reading it because it pissed m
Jan 28, 2016 Jennifer rated it really liked it
Due to her French grandfather Jacque's insistence, American visitor Tara Adair is investigating the progress of an archeological dig in a small village outside of Paris. Jacque is certain that an old evil is soon to be unleashed when an ancient tomb is discovered onsite. Tara does not believe in such nonsense, but when one of the workers is murdered in a most gruesome way, Tara may have to start listening to her grandfather's talk of an old Alliance and vicious predators of the night.
Angie
Jun 19, 2010 Angie rated it liked it
Shelves: 2010
3 & 1/2 stars. Shannon Drake's ability to transport me to a different time and place is what makes her books appealing. She has a way of making a book's setting come alive. I'm looking forward to reading the fifth book in the series because it's set in Salem, MA- a place I've always wanted to visit.
June B Black
May 16, 2015 June B Black rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Realm of Shadows

The story is light reading. The plot is not one of the author's best. There were no warnings of breaks between the past and present which made it hard to follow the storyline. There was no flow from one event to another. Not one of Heather Graham's best works.
T.M. Carper
Dec 29, 2014 T.M. Carper rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, paranormal
Basically everyone except Sean and Maggie appear in this Paris-set book. This time, there is no vampire-human romance.... There are wolves.

Resistant to the idea of vampires and the Alliance, Tara almost makes herself easy prey for the two older vampires. The final showdown is thrilling.
Katie
Jun 14, 2013 Katie rated it it was ok
I found this book underwhelming. There were parts where I wanted to keep reading to find out who was good/evil, but by the end, I had to push myself to finish. Not one of my favorites...not sure if I will read any other in the series...
Serra Zander
Nov 20, 2014 Serra Zander rated it did not like it
Meh. Vampire, werewolves, hot chicks... The overall story was boring and the dialogue was weird. Nothing special to write home about. Not going to lie, I didn't finish it, it was predictable and boring.
Carrie
Oct 24, 2013 Carrie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sadly, I didn't realize this book was part of a series when I picked it up and it is book 4 in the series. I still enjoyed the book and intend to read the previous books in the series.
Anthrina Leonardi
Spellbinding

Captivating and pivoting. Could not put down. Love the storyline. I love reading anything from Heather Graham. Awesome work here.
Megan
Jan 02, 2015 Megan rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no one
as far as paranormal romance goes, this one missed the mark. the murder/mystery part was good but I felt at times the plot was just smashed together
Maggie
Dec 03, 2013 Maggie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Adults
Shelves: heather-graham
Heather Graham also writes under the pen name Shannon Drake. I've read this same book a couple months ago. It is none the lesss a very good read.
  • Kiss of Darkness (Alliance Vampires, #7)
  • Be Mine Forever (Forever Vampires #3)
  • Midnight Embrace
  • Night Moves
  • For All Eternity (Vampire, #2)
Heather Graham Pozzessere
aka Heather Graham, Shannon Drake

Heather Graham was born on March 15, 1953 and grew up in Dade County, Florida, and attended the University of South Florida at Tampa, majoring in theater arts and touring Europe and parts of Asia and Africa as part of her studies. After college, she acted in dinner theaters, modeled, waitressed, and tended bar. She married Hershey Dennis Po
More about Shannon Drake...

Vampire (6 books)
  • Beneath A Blood Red Moon (Vampire #1)
  • When Darkness Falls (Vampire #2)
  • Deep Midnight (Vampire #3)
  • The Awakening (Vampire, #5)
  • Dead By Dusk (Vampire, #6)