Start by marking “The Iron Rose (Dante Pirates, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Iron Rose (Dante Pirates, #2)

The Iron Rose (Dante Pirates #2)

4.08 of 5 stars 4.08  ·  rating details  ·  577 ratings  ·  36 reviews
After the Spanish galleon attacked the English merchant ship, Varian St. Clare was shocked to learn that the captain of the privateer who saved him was Juliet Dante, daughter of legendary Pirate Wolf...
Varian had been sent by the King to tell Juliet's father about a new peace treaty between Spain and England. Juliet agrees to bring Varian to her father-but only as her ho
Published March 4th 2003 by Signet (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about The Iron Rose, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Iron Rose

Bound by the Buccaneer by Normandie AllemanThe Pirate Lord by Sabrina JeffriesThe Windflower by Laura LondonRescued by the Buccaneer by Normandie AllemanThe Hawk by Monica McCarty
Pirate/Swashbucking Romance
11th out of 139 books — 183 voters
Gentle Rogue by Johanna LindseyRescued by the Buccaneer by Normandie AllemanCaptive of My Desires by Johanna LindseyBound by the Buccaneer by Normandie AllemanThe Gift by Julie Garwood
Historical Pirate Romance Books
38th out of 165 books — 364 voters

More lists with this book...

Katrina Passick Lumsden
Maybe I should give this one a higher rating but, truth be told, it was just too formulaic for me to praise it too highly. I loved the fact that the heroine was a pirate captain, I loved that the hero wasn't an overbearing alpha male, and the amount of action was, again, commendable. I was, however, confused about a rather glaring inconsistency that marks the author as perhaps a bit lackadaisical; the character of Lucifer is speaking in this sequel. Perhaps I'm remembering wrong, but I could hav ...more
Danette Steward
Super read!! LOVE Marsha Canham and her brilliant skills as an author!! If you like high seas adventure with some really HOT smoldering romance then you HAVE TO READ the Dante Pirates Series...there's only two books. Read Across a Moonlit Sea FIRST.
Kim H
This was my very first Marsha Canham book, and it hooked me so thoroughly, I spent the next two weeks finding the prequel to this one, Across a Moonlit Sea - and every other book of hers I could find by nosing through used bookstores & shopping ebay (she has a fairly long out of print list). I hadn't read romances in years before I picked this one up, and my first thought was that romance heroines had drastically changed in the intervening years...

Juliet Dante is a pirate and the captain of
Anna
YARRR!!! This is pirate romance at its best. In a genre often plagued with terrible, laughable stories like the much maligned "pirate's secret baby" plots, extremely stereotypical gender roles, bodice ripping and what have you, The Iron Rose probably seems better than it really is because it suffers a distinct lack of secret babies, actual bodice ripping and the gender roles in this one is surprisingly mellow. Goodreads also thankfully supplied a much more sedate cover than the one I got on my r ...more
HÜLYA

17 Yüzyil başlarinda Ingiltere-Ispanya savasi zamaninda gecen müthis bir korsan hikayesi.Demir Gül sıradisi insanların sıradisı hikayeleri. 17 Yüzyıl korsanlarinin inanilmaz agir şartlarda hayatlarini sürdürmeleri,kendi kanunlarini koyup kendi kanunlarını uygulamalari. Bu sartlarda yasayan Korsanlar Krali Simon Dante'nin kızi Juliet Dante'nin bir erkek gibi Demir Gül'ü kaptani olmasi bunu büyük bir basari ile yapmasi ve hayatini diledigi gibi yaşamasi. Kralin elcisi Harrow Dükü Varian St.Clare'i
Mayu
Podríamos decir que cuando leí esta novela, me gustó, pero no sería del todo cierto. Sus personajes principales, me cayeron muy bien, pero su trama no fue lo que yo buscaba, y me aburrí completamente leyendo esta novela. Tanto que no quise repetir con Marsha. Y no pienso volver a leer nada de ella. Tiene personajes simpáticos y atractivos pero no me gusta nada su forma de escribir. Además, de romántica tiene poco, más bien, yo destacaría su aspecto marítimo-naval. La rosa de hierro fue una novel ...more
Kellie
Now that was HOT, as in having to take a break and fan myself/drink some water kind of hot. I don't normally indulge in historical romance, or any kind of romance for that matter, but I find myself captivated by this series. I enjoyed the romance, liked the characters, and found myself pretty much hooked from start to finish. Fun read, looking forward to the third.
Stevie
Feb 19, 2011 Stevie rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Romance lovers who enjoy great action and wonderful story lines
Recommended to Stevie by: following the author
If I could I would rate this 3.75, but only in the context of comparison to Marsha Canham's other books I have read. As a whole I would leave it at 4. Again, she writes such life into her books that you are transported on to the wood deck of a great ship in the middle of a rolling sea and you feel like wiping the salt mist from your eyes to watch story unfold around you. That said, this was not my favorite book of MC's. I was surprised with the rating and my findings. The story was really good a ...more
Serpil Kır
marsha canham farkı <3

Marsha Canham__Demir Gül__Okudum ve Bitti__SeRpiL....

Bu kitbı tam üç kez elime aldım ve en fazla 20.sayfaya kadar okuyabilmiş ve bir türlü adapte olamayarak kütüphaneme geri koymuştum...Çevirisinde beni zorlayan,konuya girişindeki karışıklık bir türlü ilerletemedi beni..Son kez dişimi sıkarak şansımı zorladım ve ilk gece okumaya başladığımda nasıl olduğunu anlamadan 113.sayfaya kadar geldim...Marifet ilk yirmiyi geçebilmekteymiş :))

Karakterlere hayran oldum,belki ilk kez
Mad about
Thank god the erotic scenes came about sooner than Beau and Dantes as the tension was unbearable! As ever the characters were engaging and it chock full of romance, adventure and full story to keep you wanting more and have you up late into the night wanting to read one more page.

Love this series so sad there's only one more in it so far!
Diane Hoover
Enjoyable read. However, I felt like Juliet's strong character emasculated Varian. Wanted to love the book but couldn't because Juliet couldn't bear Varian manning up
Diana
Juliet is the daughter of the legendary privateer Pirate Wolf, and a privateer and ship captain in her own right. On a training exercise, she comes across an English ship being attacked by Spanish pirates and rescues the crew, including English duke Varian, who happens to be on a mission from the king.

I love the portrayal of Juliet for the most part--she is a very self-confident woman, who is strong and equal in every way to Varian. She even bests him with swords (and not just with the element o
Camxso
This one way far better than the first in this series. I can't wait to read the last and many more of Marsha Canham's books.
*.Amaia.* Team Derry :)
Liked it but there were two many similarities between the two books, sometimes I felt I was reading the first book all over again.
Julia Zurbrugg
First book I have read with a female pirate captain. I enjoyed it
Julie Kuhn
Even better than the first book! You can really visualize everything! It made me laugh and it made me cry. Everything I like in a book!
Nadia
I don't know how I feel about this book. I liked the characters and I liked the story, but in some places it seemed to be painfully slow and then just rushed to be over with it. Oh, but Varian and Gabriel were awesome. I loved them.
Sylvia
This book was wonderful! The author really knows how to spin a pirate tale! The action was fast, with fantastic fight scenes. There are some gritty parts, not too bad, but if your easily bothered by this, this may not be the book for you. The romance was sweet, I love Juliet, such a strong woman! The attention to historical detail was well done. My only complaint is that it ended too soon! I wish there had been an epilogue telling what happened after.
Mitzi
Juliet Dante, Daughter of The Pirate Wolf, rescues Varian St. Clare at sea. Juliet and family and privateers for the crown and send a portion of their take home every year, but the King has decided on a peace treaty with Spain and wants them to quit; there by sending Varian as him envoy to convince them. Wonderful Story!!! Wish I had 10 more like it to read!!! Awesome.
Buqet
İlk kitabından bir adım yüksekte. Juliet sıkı kızdı ve sıkı kızları okumayı seviyorum. Yine Marsha tarih öğretmekten geri kalmamış. Normalde tarih derslerini severim ama sevgili yazara öğretmenliği kariyer olarak düşünmemesini salık veriyorum , zira çok sıkıcı anlatıyor.
Sophie v
The best romance/pirate novel I have ever read in my life!! It's by far one of my favourite book. It keeps you hooked until the very end and every character is a new adventure! Combines the perfect dose of action, drama, humour and romance!! Must read!
~Leslie~
Marsha Canham is hands down the best writer of pirate romances. Her characters are impeccable and her descriptive language is amanzing. This is the second in the series and it centers around the child of Simon and Isabeau Dante who has a ship of her own.
Katherine
This is the second book in the Dante Pirate series and worth reading. Juliet is quite her fathers daughter. My only negative is it gets lengthy in descriptions at times and I perused in those instances. Otherwise a fun read.
Jillian Black
It all started with Across A Moonlit Sea, and scrambling for more of the same, The Iron Rose quickly found its place on my somewhat exclusive list of absolute favorites! Marsha is now one of my favorites, too.
Denise
I liked everything about this book from beginning to end. I only go for pirate stuff occasionally, but this was definitely worth the read. I'm going to have to look for more from this author!
sakura_txell
Ha habido fragmentos que me han resultado muy lentos, pero en general la novela me ha gustado mucho. Me gusta que la protagonista sea distinta a lo que se espera en una novela de piratas...
Maria
Loved the interaction between characters.. and the way the story is written... made me look up for some similar books on the library.:)
Paula
I'm actually enjoying these pirate stories, all the swashbucking and swords and grappling hooks. Not to mention hot pirate lovin'!
Donna
Ready for the next one! What can I say - love this family - can I come cook for them in the Wolf Pirates liar?
  • Pirate's Bride
  • Embrace and Conquer
  • My Lady Pirate (Heros of the Sea, #3)
  • Magic Embrace
  • The Pirate's Jewel (Pirate, #2)
  • Sea Change
  • The Black Rose
  • A Pirate's Pleasure (Cameron Family Saga #2)
  • The Pirate and the Pagan
  • Swept Away by a Kiss (Rogues of the Sea, #1)
  • The Pirate Hunter (Regency Pirates, #2)
  • The Buccaneer
  • The Pirate Prince
  • Pleasuring the Pirate
  • My Wicked Pirate
  • The Pirate Prince (Ascension Trilogy #1)
  • Once in a Blue Moon
  • The Last Knight

Dante Pirates (3 books)
  • Across a Moonlit Sea (Dante Pirates, #1)
  • The Following Sea (Dante Pirates, #3)
The Pride of Lions (Highlands, #1) The Blood of Roses (Highlands, #2) Across a Moonlit Sea (Dante Pirates, #1) Through a Dark Mist (Robin Hood, #1) The Last Arrow (Robin Hood, #3)