Start by marking “The Finer Things (Saint Georges, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Finer Things (Saint Georges, #2)

The Finer Things (Saint Georges #2)

The Power...The Passion...The Incomparable Romance of Brenda Joyce

The Pretender
An orphan from London's East End, a fugitive from the poorhouse, Violet Cooper was tired of sleeping on stoops and being hungry and cold. But she dared to enter a world forbidden to her and her kind. Even marriage to a gentle, elderly knight and the title Lady Goodwin could not open closed doors
Published April 15th 1997 by St. Martin's Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about The Finer Things, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Finer Things

Barbara
May 13, 2009 Barbara rated it it was amazing
Yes Mam...the finer things (sigh!). Joyce has once again given us another Cinderella story to remember.

Violet was unlike any character I've ever read and her strength was of course storybook... Now Blake he's another matter. I would have told him to hit the road after the third time he apologized for his stupid self, but hey women these days are a different breed (or at least I am). In the end though Blake was SUCH a man, and Violet finally, finally got the ending she deserved.

I would for sure
Kindaangelic
Apr 26, 2010 Kindaangelic rated it it was amazing
This book had it all....a great love story that didnt leave me bored and a secondary story that I was also interested in and that didnt leave me hanging as to an an outcome. I cried and I loved it....that a big 5 stars from me!One of my new all time favorites. I will read more of Ms Joyce's historicals for sure!
Al
Aug 13, 2015 Al rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favs
I cant count how many times i have read this book, its like my 'go to' book whenever i want to read a story that encompasses all aspect of romance for me. A fantastic read
vampirebitme
Nov 18, 2010 vampirebitme rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book. It made me cry but its so very good.
Shirlene
Voilet was ten years old and searching for her father in an opium den in London. She located him and he soon passed out. Violet left with her friend Ralph. They were approached by a man that was trying to recruit Violet as a prostitute. Ralph told Violet that he was no good and to run away. They both ran and they ended up in a well-to-do neighborhood and snuck onto the property called Harding House. A party was going on and Violet and Ralph watched through the windows. A couple came out onto the ...more
Sarita
May 15, 2015 Sarita rated it liked it
Oh wow. Okay first let me say Brenda Joyce is an amazing story teller. She has the ability to bring each of her characters to life in such a way that you feel you have known them for years.
This particular story just didn't work for me. There was too much "wishy-washy" for me. I'm a direct person, and often when I pick up a book with hero/heroines that don't share their thoughts or feelings...I just get perturbed.
I did enjoy the book! I read all of it! Brenda Is one of my all time favorite autho
Lorka
May 10, 2016 Lorka rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf-at-all
I lost interest in this book because I did not like the hero, for some reason he seemed creepy and stalker'ish to me, the way he was staring and following the heroine while she was married. I checked out Goodreads to see if anyone else was complaining about the same thing and I saw a reviewer had typed a huge synopsis retelling the whole book. So I read that and that was enough for me and did not feel the need to continue reading.
Melann
Aug 29, 2015 Melann rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Que j'en veux au héros de ne pas savoir ce qu'il veut ! Il ne déclare sa flamme que dans la toute dernière page. Que de temps perdu et de péripéties inutiles !
Quand à elle, elle me semble bien naïve pour une fille qui est née et a grandi dans la rue !
Chantell  Petrell
Apr 25, 2010 Chantell Petrell rated it really liked it
Such a good book! I've read it twice; it just really hits close to home for me, for some random reason.
Karlene Elliott-mclean
Aug 13, 2012 Karlene Elliott-mclean rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery, romance
Although you were born poor you can elevate yourself to whatever position you want in life. There will be struggles and heartaches but the path to greatness is smoothly paved.
gma007
Sep 27, 2013 gma007 rated it it was amazing
This is my all time favorite romance book! It wasn't to predictable and had a great story line. Highly recommend this book if you want a good story!
Cheryl Tollestrup
May 01, 2011 Cheryl Tollestrup rated it it was amazing
Emotional roller coaster ride! The lovers are constantly physically and emotionally torn apart! The reader really feels their turmoil in a manner that hurts so good! The romance was wonderful!
Elle
Elle rated it it was amazing
Aug 09, 2010
Kira
Kira rated it it was ok
Dec 30, 2012
Holly
Holly rated it really liked it
Dec 03, 2012
Anastasia Watson
Anastasia Watson rated it it was ok
Aug 03, 2011
Cynde mitchell
Cynde mitchell rated it really liked it
Nov 13, 2008
allthingswander
allthingswander rated it really liked it
Jun 28, 2014
Cheryl Behr
Cheryl Behr rated it liked it
Apr 09, 2016
Leah
Leah rated it it was amazing
Aug 01, 2016
Cheryl
Cheryl rated it liked it
Jul 04, 2010
Melissa
Melissa rated it really liked it
Jan 03, 2011
Cattaway
Cattaway rated it it was amazing
Sep 05, 2015
Desiree
Desiree rated it liked it
Jun 04, 2013
Felicia Murray
Felicia Murray rated it it was ok
Nov 02, 2012
Sallie
Sallie rated it really liked it
Jan 11, 2014
Sarah rated it really liked it
Mar 06, 2016
Paganalexandria
Paganalexandria rated it liked it
Jun 17, 2015
Ryan
Ryan rated it liked it
Jul 24, 2012
Deanna
Deanna rated it it was amazing
Apr 03, 2013
  • Beloved Enemy
  • When We Touch (Graham, #6)
  • The Tiger Prince
  • Fair is the Rose
  • The Perfect Mistress (Mistress, #2)
  • When Marrying a Scoundrel (Victorian Soap Opera, #2)
  • Lover's Gold
  • Flame (MacPherson Clan, #5)
  • Bedazzled (Skye's Legacy #2)
  • Midnight Masquerade (Louisiana #6)
  • After the Kiss (Captive Hearts,#2)
  • The Dragon and the Jewel (Medieval Plantagenet #2)
  • Temporary Mistress
  • The Mistress Diaries (Pembroke Palace, #2)
  • My Warrior (Knights Of de Ware, #2)
  • Uncertain Magic
  • Seduced By A Scoundrel
  • Moontide Embrace
Brenda Joyce is the bestselling author of forty-one novels and five novellas. She has won many awards, and her debut novel, Innocent Fire, won a Best Western Romance award. She has also won the highly coveted Best Historical Romance award for Splendor and Two Lifetime Achievement Awards from Romantic Times BOOKreviews. There are over 14 million copies of her novels in print and she is published in ...more
More about Brenda Joyce...

Saint Georges (2 books)
  • Beyond Scandal (Saint Georges, #1)