Start by marking “Deadly Affairs (Francesca Cahill Deadly #3)” as Want to Read:
Deadly Affairs (Francesca Cahill Deadly #3)

Deadly Affairs (Francesca Cahill #3)

4.09  ·  Rating Details  ·  648 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
Brenda Joyce has enthralled millions of readers with her New York Times bestselling novels. Now, join us in the next chapter of her unforgettable storytelling: the Francesca Cahill novels. Enter the glittering world of turn-of-the-century New York City, where a metropolis booming with life also masks a dark world of danger, death, and daring desire...

As the heiress to a va
Mass Market Paperback, 333 pages
Published April 15th 2002 by St. Martin's Paperbacks (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Deadly Affairs, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deadly Affairs

Yaseena
Deadly Affairs was another great instalment in Brenda Joyce’s Deadly series. The same characters are back as in the first two with a few new additions here and there to make the story work. As always I loved some of the characters and was annoyed at various points by others – mainly the heroine Francesca Cahill. Heiress, reformer, amateur sleuth, this woman is vastly different from the other young women of wealth in her social circle – which is why I suppose, Miss Cahill has attracted the attent ...more
シ Pen*Cil シ
***4.25/5***

Cette série n'en finit pas de me séduire. Cette Francesca Cahill, femme moderne dans le New-York des années 1900, est un réel rafraîchissement, une série totalement à part dans les A&P. Mais ce tome 3 se démarque des précédents par une enquête de meilleure qualité, et une réelle évolution des relations entre les différents personnages, y compris les secondaires, pour mon plus grand plaisir.

J'avais déjà une folle passion pour l'héroïne, ainsi que pour Rick Bragg, plein de fougue e
Paganalexandria  **Jesse Williams is my #ActivistBae**
My Francesca Cahill re-read continues with us finding our heroine in a quandary. Her parents are finally getting a clue in regards to her sleuthing adventures. This is especially concerning to her mother Julia because she hates the idea of her spending time with Rick Bragg. Which only makes him more attractive to our heroine.

This is book that so many things are revealed to all the players involved. Of course, Calder asserts himself in the storyline, but his motives are hidden to everyone. All Fr
ChloeLeeNH
Oct 12, 2008 ChloeLeeNH rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Edwardian Age Mystery fans
This is another great novel... Calder or Bragg... it is killing me LOL. Again, the mystery takes a backseat to the constant tension between these three. I am reading right through them... and I don't know or want to know who she ends up with (unless I read it first!)
Denise
Oct 18, 2014 Denise rated it it was amazing
I am enjoying this series. Not many romantic suspense books are set in New York at the beginning of the 20th century.
Belle
Jun 25, 2015 Belle rated it did not like it
Shelves: unfinished
I didn't realize that this was the third book of a trilogy (or more I am not sure) but even accounting for that, all the characters are either boring or unlikable. I made it eight chapters in and I don't care about any of them. The mystery isn't even really a major plot. I'm sure I missed something in the previous two books about Bragg and Francesca but I hardly care about them. There appears to be a lot going on and passages are happening in short snippets that make it impossible to care about ...more
Patrícia
Deadly Affairs is book three of the "Deadly Series". These books focus on the character of Francesca Cahill, an american heiress in turn-of-the-century New York who is a bit of a sleuth. She and police comissioner Rick Bragg have a new mystery to solve.

In this book, yet again, the mystery/murder story wasn't very good. It is rather simple, straightfoward and not that interesting. So, I'd think the author would press more on the romance between the two main characters and on the upcoming love tri
Stacy
Sep 14, 2012 Stacy rated it really liked it
There is romance, mystery and a wonderful sense of New York City in 1902. The mystery was solid and it wasn’t until all was revealed that it made complete sense, which is a good thing! And while I like Rick, he does have a wife and in 1902 he is really bringing scandal on Francesca by continuing to encourage her. They are perfectly suited, but he is not available. That is the interest in this series for me because it is so true to life. Sometimes there is just no perfect choice and the journey t ...more
Thea
Sep 05, 2015 Thea rated it it was ok
I loved the mystery but I didn't expect Francesca to be involved with a married man and his half brother.
Eőri Veronika lilla
Jun 13, 2015 Eőri Veronika lilla rated it it was amazing
Where's the next booook???!!!!
Lisa
Much better than the first two books in the series. Francesca wasn't as naively stupid in the one. Despite his bad boy persona, I really like Hart and am looking forward to seeing how the relationship between he and Francesca develops.
Mikko Peralta
Sep 07, 2012 Mikko Peralta rated it it was ok
Everybody seems to be either beautiful and rich or dashingly handsome and rich and I am not too sure on whether Brenda Joyce wants to focus more on the love story or on the investigative part of the plot.
Alicia
Nov 29, 2008 Alicia rated it really liked it
We met Calder in the second book. We get to know him better in each novel. Francesca also encounters Calder more and is curious about him. Her and Rick are out to solve another crime.
Gaynell
Aug 04, 2013 Gaynell rated it it was amazing
Shelves: joyce-brenda
I guess that by this book, I have begun to root for Calder Hart, Bragg's half-brother. I guess I'm just attracted to the bad boy :). I'm still intrigued by Francesca's soap opera life.
Nicci
Jul 25, 2012 Nicci rated it liked it
Lots of laughs in this book. The mystery part is lacking a little but I think that is due to how many characters lives and stories are involved in this series. Nice fun read.
Monique J.
Jan 04, 2012 Monique J. rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romantic-mystery
Read my review on my blog: Too Many Books, Not Enough Time. Here is the URL.

Gina
Apr 12, 2013 Gina marked it as to-read
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Lesli
Jul 14, 2010 Lesli rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction, 2002
Francesca makes a fascinating character. This is clearly romantic suspense at the dawn of the 20th century.
Karen L
Nov 20, 2011 Karen L rated it really liked it
I read this a couple of years ago. It was so good it started me reading the whole series.
Md09
Feb 06, 2016 Md09 rated it really liked it
Shelves: best-of
Die Romanze rückt mehr in den Vordergrund!
Herlem Coker
Oct 06, 2013 Herlem Coker rated it it was amazing
Love this saga! Quite enthralling :)
Teniola
Apr 17, 2012 Teniola rated it liked it
Love the book.
Bigedsgirl1 Edwina Brown
Bigedsgirl1 Edwina Brown rated it really liked it
Jul 21, 2016
Kathy Gallagher
Kathy Gallagher marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2016
Sharon Williams
Sharon Williams marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2016
Yasemen
Yasemen marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2016
MrsMascara
MrsMascara marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2016
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Mar 18, 2015 07:28AM
  • The Chosen
  • Scandal on Rincon Hill (Sarah Woolson, #4)
  • Pregnant on the Upper East Side? (Park Avenue Scandals, #5)
  • Maximum Exposure
  • Heartwood (Carved Hearts, #3)
  • Veils of Silk (Silk Trilogy, #3)
  • Thirteen (Love by Numbers, #4)
  • Gramercy Park
  • Dial Emmy for Murder (Soap Opera Mystery, #2)
  • Fountain of Fire (Akora, #6)
  • A Match Made in Scandal (Donally Family, #3)
  • Jane Austen: Three Complete Novels: Sense and Sensibility; Pride and Prejudice; Emma
  • Catch Me If You Can (New Orleans Trilogy, #1)
  • Knight Triumphant (Graham, #4)
  • India Black and the Widow of Windsor (Madam of Espionage, #2)
  • The Twenty-One (Emerald Cove #2)
  • Dangerous Cravings (Dangerous Cravings, #1)
  • Yours Always
Brenda Joyce is the bestselling author of forty-one novels and five novellas. She has won many awards, and her debut novel, Innocent Fire, won a Best Western Romance award. She has also won the highly coveted Best Historical Romance award for Splendor and Two Lifetime Achievement Awards from Romantic Times BOOKreviews. There are over 14 million copies of her novels in print and she is published in ...more
More about Brenda Joyce...

Francesca Cahill (9 books)
  • Deadly Love (Francesca Cahill Deadly, #1)
  • Deadly Pleasure (Francesca Cahill Deadly, #2)
  • Deadly Desire (Francesca Cahill Deadly, #4)
  • Deadly Caress (Francesca Cahill Deadly, #5)
  • Deadly Promise (Francesca Cahill Deadly, #6)
  • Deadly Illusions (Francesca Cahill Deadly, #7)
  • Deadly Kisses (Francesca Cahill Deadly, #8)
  • Deadly Vows (Francesca Cahill Deadly, #9)