Start by marking “Deadly Pleasure (Francesca Cahill Deadly, #2)” as Want to Read:
Deadly Pleasure (Francesca Cahill Deadly, #2)

Deadly Pleasure (Francesca Cahill #2)

4.09 of 5 stars 4.09  ·  rating details  ·  544 ratings  ·  19 reviews
Brenda Joyce has enthralled millions of readers with her New York Times bestselling novels. Now, join us in the next chapter of her unforgettable storytelling: the Francesca Cahill novels. Step into the glittering world of New York City's high society at the turn of the last century, where murder and pleasure are one and the same, and love becomes the ultimate weapon...

Fra
Mass Market Paperback, 344 pages
Published March 15th 2002 by St. Martin's Paperbacks (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Deadly Pleasure, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deadly Pleasure

Unearthly by Cynthia HandDie for Me by Amy PlumThe Girl in the Steel Corset by Kady CrossRumors by Anna GodbersenEverneath by Brodi Ashton
Red Dress, Red Coat
101st out of 400 books — 499 voters
The Selection by Kiera CassFallen by Lauren KateEntwined by Heather DixonTorment by Lauren KateRemembrance by Michelle Madow
Best Dressed Covers
235th out of 309 books — 300 voters

More lists with this book...

Yaseena
This book was a lot better than the first in the series Deadly Love . The mystery, relationships, and overall plot evolution worked so much better and captured my interest so much more.

I think a lot of the improvement had to do with the character of Calder Hart. He's so intriguing. At once so cold and seemingly heartless (pardon the pun) there were such subtle moments when Hart let his vulnerability show. I loved his burgeoning friendship with Francesca, who although undoubtedly reluctant to a
Paganalexandria **wicked juices bubbling over**
The second book in this book introduces one of my favorite book boyfriends of all time, Calder Hart. He is the nemesis and half brother of Commissioner Rick Bragg. While both are beautiful intriguing men, each represents the dark and light of what women find irresistible. Rick is brave, honorable, selfless, and the passionate nature that simmers just underneath the surface saves him from boring. Calder is as blatantly seductive and carnal as Lucifer himself which means every woman should be on h ...more
Stacy
Beautiful and wealthy heiress, Francesca Cahill, fresh off her success in catching a killer and falling in love with the new New York City police commissioner is now passing out business cards calling herself Crime-Solver Extraordinaire. Life is looking good. Rick asks her out, she has her first paying job, and her parents remain unaware of her college studies and most of her sleuthing. But in the course of her investigation she catches her brother-in-law having an affair with a murder suspect a ...more
Rach~The Highlander luverrr
Lately I haven’t bothered to write many reviews on books because they are all so monotonous… and well i haven’t really read anything exceptional in ages ..

So when I finished this book I thought that the readers deserved a little insight to a very average read!

***SOME SPOILERS******

Now I think I was spoilt in having read Brenda Joyces “Splendor” Splendor
it was phenomenal memorable 5 star read for me absolutely brilliant so I decided to read anther book which I selected purely on the good review
Devesh Yamparala
Nice thriller (if I remember right; read it long time back)
Barbara M.
Just a 3?... I know, I know! I have no idea why I didn't really enjoy this book. Brenda Joyce is one of my Top 5's, but this book wasn't all that great. Maybe it's because I went out and bought all the books in the series and just found out she doesn't plan on FINISHING the series (per her publisher). For the life of me I can't believe she wouldn't fight to finish a five or six book series. I think her fans deserve at least a proper ending. I guess we'll have to use our imaginations and end the ...more
Md09
Es geht spannend weiter ;-)
Sandy
I liked this book but many times would doubt that some of the things said or depicted were true to the time period. It is a nice continuation of the last book and I will probably read the next one by may wait a while.
ChloeLeeNH
Oct 08, 2008 ChloeLeeNH rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Edwardian Age Mystery fans
I really like the tension between Fran and Bragg. The forbiddeness but the pull that can't stop them is very well written. The mystery was not as robust as it could be and the addition of Bragg's half brother is interesting but not sure where that is going to lead. I guess I must keep reading!
Nicci
Still loving this series. I really like how it starts right after the first one left off. This book I think was more about the development of the characters and relationships than the murder/mystery. It didn't hook me as much as the first one. Looking forward to book three.
Lisa
I almost didn't read this book -- the first 50ish pages were awful. Francesca, Bragg, and Hart were all equally stupid and annoying as hell. Thankfully I stuck with it and actually enjoyed the last half of the story.
Alicia
Francesca and Rick are thrown together to solve another crime once again. We also meet Calder, who Rick's half brother. Will Rick and Francesca end up together?
Lesli
I love seeing a continuation to the Bragg family. Francesca makes a fascinating character. This is clearly romantic suspense at the dawn of the 20th century.
Monique J.
Read my review on my blog: Too Many Books, Not Enough Time. Here is the URL.

Karen
I read this book a few years after I had read number three in the series. I loved it.
Gaynell
Francesca's life becomes more intriguing. I love the soap opera feel of this series.
Missy Kibe
Loved every book in the Cahill series!
Herlem Coker
Totally love it! Brains and beauty :)
teri
teri is currently reading it
Nov 20, 2014
Sabrina The Book Lover
Sabrina The Book Lover marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2014
Kassandra
Kassandra marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2014
Vasuda
Vasuda marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2014
Harlequin Cancels Francesca Cahill - Deadly Series 8 21 Dec 17, 2013 06:32AM
  • Irresistible (Banning Sisters trilogy, #2)
  • After the Kiss
  • Catch Me If You Can (New Orleans Trilogy, #1)
  • The Russian Hill Murders (Sarah Woolson Mystery, #2)
  • Dial Emmy for Murder (Soap Opera Mystery, #2)
  • Murder on Fifth Avenue (Gaslight Mystery, #14)
  • The Wild Child (The Bride Trilogy, #1)
  • Lord Ruin
  • Silent on the Moor (Lady Julia, #3)
  • Heart of Ice (Western Lovers: Denim & Diamonds #24)
  • Her Scoundrel (Bad Luck Brides, #6)
  • The Rules Of Seduction (Rothwell Brothers, #1)
  • The Emerald Swan (Charm Bracelet, #3)
  • The Other Guy's Bride (Braxton, #2)
  • The Chosen
  • Suspicious
  • A Promise of Thunder (Horizon Set, #2)
  • Not Quite A Gentleman (Regency #3)
Brenda Joyce is the bestselling author of forty-one novels and five novellas. She has won many awards, and her debut novel, Innocent Fire, won a Best Western Romance award. She has also won the highly coveted Best Historical Romance award for Splendor and Two Lifetime Achievement Awards from Romantic Times BOOKreviews. There are over 14 million copies of her novels in print and she is published in ...more
More about Brenda Joyce...
Dark Rival (Masters of Time, #2) Dark Seduction (Masters of Time, #1) The Conqueror Dark Embrace (Rose Trilogy, #1; Masters of Time Series, #3) Dark Victory (Rose Trilogy, #2; Masters of Time, #4)