Start by marking “Deadly Pleasure (Francesca Cahill Deadly, #2)” as Want to Read:
Deadly Pleasure (Francesca Cahill Deadly, #2)

Deadly Pleasure (Francesca Cahill #2)

4.10  ·  Rating Details  ·  650 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
Brenda Joyce has enthralled millions of readers with her New York Times bestselling novels. Now, join us in the next chapter of her unforgettable storytelling: the Francesca Cahill novels. Step into the glittering world of New York City's high society at the turn of the last century, where murder and pleasure are one and the same, and love becomes the ultimate weapon...

Fra
Mass Market Paperback, 344 pages
Published March 15th 2002 by St. Martin's Paperbacks (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Deadly Pleasure, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deadly Pleasure

Paganalexandria **wicked juices bubbling over**
The second book in this book introduces one of my favorite book boyfriends of all time, Calder Hart. He is the nemesis and half brother of Commissioner Rick Bragg. While both are beautiful intriguing men, each represents the dark and light of what women find irresistible. Rick is brave, honorable, selfless, and the passionate nature that simmers just underneath the surface saves him from boring. Calder is as blatantly seductive and carnal as Lucifer himself which means every woman should be on h ...more
Yaseena
This book was a lot better than the first in the series Deadly Love . The mystery, relationships, and overall plot evolution worked so much better and captured my interest so much more.

I think a lot of the improvement had to do with the character of Calder Hart. He's so intriguing. At once so cold and seemingly heartless (pardon the pun) there were such subtle moments when Hart let his vulnerability show. I loved his burgeoning friendship with Francesca, who although undoubtedly reluctant to a
Mariiine
Jun 23, 2015 Mariiine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Francesca Cahill a encore frappé ! Décidément, je pense que je vais prendre beaucoup de plaisir à lire les prochaines aventures de cette héroïne attachante et si contemporaine :D
Stacy
Sep 14, 2012 Stacy rated it really liked it
Beautiful and wealthy heiress, Francesca Cahill, fresh off her success in catching a killer and falling in love with the new New York City police commissioner is now passing out business cards calling herself Crime-Solver Extraordinaire. Life is looking good. Rick asks her out, she has her first paying job, and her parents remain unaware of her college studies and most of her sleuthing. But in the course of her investigation she catches her brother-in-law having an affair with a murder suspect a ...more
Patacaisse
May 27, 2015 Patacaisse rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Francesca est embauchée par une femme qui lui demande de l’aider à …. planquer un cadavre. Ce n’est pas ce qu’elle escomptait avoir comme affaire quand elle a fait faire ses cartes de détective privée. Accompagnée de Joël, jeune garçon débrouillard des bas-fond, la voilà partie à essayer de résoudre ce meurtre.
Il n’est pas indispensable de lire le tome 1 avant celui-ci mais ce serait se priver du plaisir de suivre l’évolution des personnages. Surtout que le premier était du tonnerre !

Francesca d
Shirlene
Francesca was with her father, Andrew Cahill, her mother, Julia Van Wyck, and her brother, Evan, attending a party at the home of Stanford White. Evan had recently become engaged to Sarah Channing. He was being forced to marry her by his father in exchange for Andrew paying off his gambling debts. Evan would not even try to get to know Sarah because he felt he was not ready for marriage. He also didn't like being forced into the marriage.
Francesca's sister, Connie, was married to Lord Neil Montr
Rach~The Highlander luverrr
Lately I haven’t bothered to write many reviews on books because they are all so monotonous… and well i haven’t really read anything exceptional in ages ..

So when I finished this book I thought that the readers deserved a little insight to a very average read!

***SOME SPOILERS******

Now I think I was spoilt in having read Brenda Joyces “Splendor” Splendor
it was phenomenal memorable 5 star read for me absolutely brilliant so I decided to read anther book which I selected purely on the good review
Devesh Yamparala
Oct 10, 2014 Devesh Yamparala rated it really liked it
Nice thriller (if I remember right; read it long time back)
Barbara
Oct 23, 2008 Barbara rated it liked it
Just a 3?... I know, I know! I have no idea why I didn't really enjoy this book. Brenda Joyce is one of my Top 5's, but this book wasn't all that great. Maybe it's because I went out and bought all the books in the series and just found out she doesn't plan on FINISHING the series (per her publisher). For the life of me I can't believe she wouldn't fight to finish a five or six book series. I think her fans deserve at least a proper ending. I guess we'll have to use our imaginations and end the ...more
Dr Goodreads
need more Hart!
Sandy
Nov 14, 2014 Sandy rated it really liked it
Shelves: audible, series, 2014
I liked this book but many times would doubt that some of the things said or depicted were true to the time period. It is a nice continuation of the last book and I will probably read the next one by may wait a while.
ChloeLeeNH
Oct 08, 2008 ChloeLeeNH rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Edwardian Age Mystery fans
I really like the tension between Fran and Bragg. The forbiddeness but the pull that can't stop them is very well written. The mystery was not as robust as it could be and the addition of Bragg's half brother is interesting but not sure where that is going to lead. I guess I must keep reading!
Nicci
Jun 19, 2012 Nicci rated it liked it
Still loving this series. I really like how it starts right after the first one left off. This book I think was more about the development of the characters and relationships than the murder/mystery. It didn't hook me as much as the first one. Looking forward to book three.
Lisa
I almost didn't read this book -- the first 50ish pages were awful. Francesca, Bragg, and Hart were all equally stupid and annoying as hell. Thankfully I stuck with it and actually enjoyed the last half of the story.
Alicia
Dec 05, 2008 Alicia rated it really liked it
Francesca and Rick are thrown together to solve another crime once again. We also meet Calder, who Rick's half brother. Will Rick and Francesca end up together?
Lesli
Jul 14, 2010 Lesli rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction, 2002
I love seeing a continuation to the Bragg family. Francesca makes a fascinating character. This is clearly romantic suspense at the dawn of the 20th century.
Monique J.
Jan 04, 2012 Monique J. rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romantic-mystery
Read my review on my blog: Too Many Books, Not Enough Time. Here is the URL.

Karen L
Nov 20, 2011 Karen L rated it really liked it
I read this book a few years after I had read number three in the series. I loved it.
Gaynell
Aug 04, 2013 Gaynell rated it it was amazing
Shelves: joyce-brenda
Francesca's life becomes more intriguing. I love the soap opera feel of this series.
Missy Kibe
Sep 24, 2009 Missy Kibe rated it it was amazing
Loved every book in the Cahill series!
Herlem Coker
Oct 06, 2013 Herlem Coker rated it it was amazing
Totally love it! Brains and beauty :)
Md09
Feb 06, 2016 Md09 rated it really liked it
Shelves: best-of
Es geht spannend weiter ;-)
Sylvia
Sep 25, 2009 Sylvia rated it it was ok
1902
Lorrie Fritz
Lorrie Fritz marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2016
Lexi Fairfax
Lexi Fairfax rated it it was amazing
Feb 06, 2016
Randee Manley
Randee Manley rated it it was amazing
Feb 06, 2016
Mj rooney
Mj rooney rated it it was amazing
Feb 01, 2016
Jenny
Jenny marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2016
Nicole Negron
Nicole Negron rated it it was amazing
Jan 31, 2016
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Mar 18, 2015 07:30AM
Harlequin Cancels Francesca Cahill - Deadly Series 8 21 Dec 17, 2013 06:32AM
  • Pregnant on the Upper East Side? (Park Avenue Scandals, #5)
  • Catch Me If You Can (New Orleans Trilogy, #1)
  • Dial Emmy for Murder (Soap Opera Mystery, #2)
  • Yours Always
  • Sands of Time (Out of Time #6)
  • Dangerous Cravings (Dangerous Cravings, #1)
  • Heartwood (Carved Hearts, #3)
  • Heart of Ice (Western Lovers: Denim & Diamonds #24)
  • The Emerald Swan (Charm Bracelet, #3)
  • Suspicious
  • High Heels And Homicide (Maggie Kelly Mystery, #4)
  • Her Scoundrel (Bad Luck Brides, #6)
  • Murder on Waverly Place (Gaslight Mystery, #11)
  • Murder on Nob Hill (Sarah Woolson Mystery, #1)
  • After the Kiss
  • Collision (The Fight for Life Series Book 1)
  • All Things Beautiful
  • The Chosen
Brenda Joyce is the bestselling author of forty-one novels and five novellas. She has won many awards, and her debut novel, Innocent Fire, won a Best Western Romance award. She has also won the highly coveted Best Historical Romance award for Splendor and Two Lifetime Achievement Awards from Romantic Times BOOKreviews. There are over 14 million copies of her novels in print and she is published in ...more
More about Brenda Joyce...

Francesca Cahill (9 books)
  • Deadly Love (Francesca Cahill Deadly, #1)
  • Deadly Affairs (Francesca Cahill Deadly #3)
  • Deadly Desire (Francesca Cahill Deadly, #4)
  • Deadly Caress (Francesca Cahill Deadly, #5)
  • Deadly Promise (Francesca Cahill Deadly, #6)
  • Deadly Illusions (Francesca Cahill Deadly, #7)
  • Deadly Kisses (Francesca Cahill Deadly, #8)
  • Deadly Vows (Francesca Cahill Deadly, #9)