Start by marking “Dead Reckoning” as Want to Read:
Dead Reckoning

Dead Reckoning

3.9 of 5 stars 3.90  ·  rating details  ·  244 ratings  ·  26 reviews
Assistant D.A. Kate Megason is about to prosecute the case of her career when someone starts sending her terrifying messages. Someone who obviously knows her deep, dark secret. Now, she needs the help of Frank Matrone--an investigator with his own shadowy past--or else Kate may have no chance of surviving a killer's brutal wrath.
Published December 6th 2005 by Berkley Books (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Dead Reckoning, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dead Reckoning

Saly
Dead Reckoning by Linda Castillo was a good read. I enjoyed how the characters were all tortured.

Kate Megason is an assistant DA. She loves her job and is too dedicated to it. She works and works and people call her a ball-buster but she cares deeply hides it. As a 17 year old she and her twin were brutalized, with her sister ending up in a convalescent home and she with guilt and her life changed forever. So, justice matters to her, that is all she has. Her parents never got over what happened
Bevjirwin
thought this was a mystery-turned out to be a romance-lady in distress thriller-not my cup of tea
Sanna
Gordon Howard
Frank is a retired cop who receives an assignment working as an investigator for the Dallas DA's office. His boss is Kate, an Assistant District Attorney who has been given her first high profile murder case to prosecute. Both have tragic past experiences that seem destined to derail Kate's case.

A clash between Frank and Kate is inevitable when Kate's type 'A' personality meets head-on with Frank's inability to follow the rules and show up at work on time. In spite of Kate's concerns about his
Darcy
Kate is a lawyer who was the victim of a brutal crime when she was a teen, Frank is the celebrated ex-cop/war hero, now investigator who lost his love in a bombing, together they clash during their meeting on Kate's first big death row case. As they are forced to spend more and more time together researching the case the start to get under each other's skins, every way they turn irritating the other, all the while the office has started a betting pool of when they will end up together. This is a ...more
jenjn79
Jocelyn
Fantastic!!:)I absolutely loved this book by Linda Castillo
Anna Balfour
A so so thriller. Not much to it.
Sheila
This was my first standalone novel that I have read by Linda Castillo. The lead character is Kate who is an ADA who is getting ready to try a particularly brutal double homicide in a gas & go type store. Someone or ones absolutely don't want her to look too deep into the case. I will definitely read more books by her. She already had me won over with her Kate Burkholder series. 5 stars.
Jeri

I read and enjoy Castillo's current series and thought her backlist looked interesting. This was a good quick read. Heroine tortured with guilt over something that happened when she was 17. Hero badly injured in Israel. Can these two wounded souls find happiness with each other? Umm. It's a book right?
Naomi
I am a fan of Linda Castillo's Kate Burkholder series and stepped out to read this book by her. I enjoyed it alot. It is a great mystery with very light on the romance, which is perfect for me. I plan to learily check out some of her other suspence novels and hope they are the same.
Naomi
An assistant district attorney hides a secret from her peers. Until a case she is trying concerning the death of 2 women in a convenience store brings it to light. Castillo writes a good plot once again but sometimes overdoes the rehash of information. Still an entertaining novel.
Rhonda
This may have been my favorite of Linda Castillo's books I have read. It may just be that I was kind of tired of the detective type plot and wanted more romance. This book had some pretty erotic scenes in it to go along with the detective theme.
Lori
The storyline was very readable and believable. It moved along rather smoothly so it made it hard to put down. It's a very intense storyline and the growing relationship between the characters is yummy.
Shirley
Will not be reading any more of Linda Castillo, except her Amish series. Others plot not bad, but she is definitely a romance author, which I had not realized.
Cheryl Karkoff
Good fast reading book. Really like this author. Assistant D A working on a solid case of rape and murder encounters trouble when her past is brought up.
Donna
I just finished this book by Linda Castillo. It was a good book, however, I did enjoy her series
she wrote on the amish killings better.
Jessica
I actually enjoyed this book and it kept my interest. I'm gonna have to read more of Linda's soon books.
Jewett
I really like some of Castillo's books. This is one I really enjoyed. They are violent but worth reading.
Leona
Good reading even though a little predictable story line. Writing kept my intrest.
Anne OK
Note: This is the book I asked for help in finding on allaboutromance.com.
Heather Cardinale
Eh, pretty predictable, but what did I expect?
Denise Untersee
It was good and kept my attention.
Susan
great book. page Turner!
Dale
Dale marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2015
Linda Lipko
Linda Lipko marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2015
Grace
Grace marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2015
  • Hallowed Ground (PI Julie Collins, #2)
  • Without a Sound
  • The Wrong Side of Dead (Sweet Justice, #2)
  • Cold Midnight
  • When the Storm Breaks
  • Beneath the Moon and the Stars
  • Seeking Vengeance
  • Shattered Sky
  • Run from Fear (Dead Wrong, #3)
  • Run for Your Life
  • Edge of Survival
  • As Darkness Falls (Dungirri, #1)
  • Darker than Midnight (Mordecai Young #3)
  • Lot's Return to Sodom (A Liv Bergen Mystery #2)
  • Killing Spree
  • Evidence of Trust (Colorado Trust #1)
  • Hot Pursuit
  • Love You to Death
Linda Castillo is the New York Times bestselling author of the Kate Burkholder series, including Sworn to Silence and Gone Missing, crime thrillers set in Amish country. Sworn to Silence was recently adapted into a Lifetime original movie titled An Amish Murder starring Neve Campbell as Kate Burkholder.

Castillo is the recipient of numerous industry awards, including the Daphne du Maurier Award of
More about Linda Castillo...
Sworn to Silence (Kate Burkholder, #1) Pray for Silence (Kate Burkholder, #2) Breaking Silence (Kate Burkholder, #3) Gone Missing (Kate Burkholder, #4) Her Last Breath (Kate Burkholder, #5)