Start by marking “Theodora Twist” as Want to Read:
Theodora Twist

Theodora Twist

3.44 of 5 stars 3.44  ·  rating details  ·  142 ratings  ·  20 reviews
“I’m going to have to come up with something really good to get you back into the public’s good graces. I have no idea what, but trust me. I’ll think of something.”

Well that’s what Theodora pays her agent $100,000 a year for, isn’t it? Theodora Twist is the girl everyone wants to be. She’s Hollywood’s hottest young actress. Producers court her, fans mob her, and the tabloi...more
Published December 18th 2007 by Delacorte Books for Young Readers (first published May 23rd 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Theodora Twist, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Theodora Twist

Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Me for TeensReadToo.com

I admit it--I'm a sucker for light, fun, fast reads that deal with situations I would never in a million years find myself in. Such is the case of THEODORA TWIST, a book that deals with a sixteen-year old Hollywood starlet, a beautiful teen who has experienced more in her young life than I'll ever experience in mine.

The problem starts when Theodora Twist, young star and Hollywood's darling, gets caught one too many times in a scandalous situation. Since she's...more
Joana (The Boundless Book List)
Why I read this: I decided that after The Mortal Instruments series (which I loved), I wanted to read something that didn't have anything to do with vampires, werewolves, witches, etc.

Plot: Theodora Twist, a 17-year-old movie star, has been getting herself into trouble since her first movie role. After a crazy night out with her boyfriends (she is dating the Bellini Brothers, twin rockstars), her agent feels that if Theodora doesn't do something fast to show people that she is, in fact, a regul...more
Starry
OctoberWoman
I read an ARC of The Love Goddess' Cooking School in 2010, and I liked it so much that I put Melissa Senate on my list of authors to ready everything by. Since then I've picked up four more of her books, but this is the first one I've gotten around to reading. Theodora Twist is a YA novel, and I've kind of drifted away from YA over the last two or three years, so I wasn't sure how well I'd like it, but it was quite enjoyable.

Theodora is a 16 year old actress who's Hollywood star is quickly risi...more
Nian
Oct 13, 2007 Nian rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Girls
Shelves: 2007
Although shorter than I would have liked it to be, I thought it was interesting as well. This book is written in two perspectives: Theodora, sixteen year old sensational actress, and Emily Fine, a normal sixteen year old who couldn't be more normal.

After being exposed to some juicy gossip, Theodora's bad-girl image has shot up a notch. Her manager Ashley decides then that something needs to be done to save Theodora's career, and thinks up of the reality tv show idea. For one whole month, Theodo...more
Kristin
Not done yet, but...

I'm not sure about this book because it seems just like every other "Fame and Fortune" tale. Some average, typical girl becomes famous overnight after being covered with a made up name, bias opinions, untrue friends, and an overall fake life then makes terrible mistakes in her life only to end up where she started... but changed. Yeah, whatever. I'm sticking with it though in the hopes that the first fifty pages just give the entire story an undesirable start but makes up fo...more
Galion Public Library Teens
Review by C.E.: "I liked this book more than I thought I would."
Nagham Meqari
good story for a teenager
Meaghan
cute fun story about hollywood and regular girls in a reality show.
Pyper (momof5)
I've enjoyed most of Melissa Senate's book, but this one didn't do much for me. It was nice to see a change come over Theodora by the end of the book. However, the book was too superficial for my taste. I think it was too short. She could have expounded a bit more on Emily & Theodora and it would have been better.
Kara
I love Melissa Senate as an author for adults, not so much as an author for YA! Probably because it was too real at times, giving me PTSD related flashbacks to my own teenage years.
Erika
I love her adult novels but I am just a bit too old for these.
Emily
It was an ok book. I did not feel as though it was a book i needed to keep reading and i found myself wanting to finish it so i could start a new book.
Emily
This was a good way to show how the life of a normal girl can become very unnormal.
Linnea
It was very slow in the bginning, but then once you are into the book it gets better
Cheyenne Cummings
I really liked this book
Samantha
Jul 26, 2007 Samantha rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Teens, girls
Predictable, but engaging.
Maria
Maria marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2014
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2014
Asmirda Rusli
Asmirda Rusli marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2014
Beth
Beth marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2014
Allie Canon
Allie Canon marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2014
Corinnagoodwin
Corinnagoodwin marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
I'm the author of ten novels, including my debut, SEE JANE DATE (also available in cute TV movie form on DVD) and my latest, THE LOVE GODDESS' COOKING SCHOOL.

I'm the proud mother of a wonderful eleven-year-old boy. We (and our adorable beagle) live on the coast of Maine, where I'm working on my next novel.

Hope you'll visit my website: http://www.melissasenate.com
More about Melissa Senate...
See Jane Date The Love Goddess' Cooking School The Solomon Sisters Wise Up (Red Dress Ink) The Breakup Club (Red Dress Ink Novels) Love You to Death