Start by marking “Theodora Twist” as Want to Read:
Theodora Twist

Theodora Twist

“I’m going to have to come up with something really good to get you back into the public’s good graces. I have no idea what, but trust me. I’ll think of something.”

Well that’s what Theodora pays her agent $100,000 a year for, isn’t it? Theodora Twist is the girl everyone wants to be. She’s Hollywood’s hottest young actress. Producers court her, fans mob her, and the tabloi
Published December 18th 2007 by Delacorte Books for Young Readers (first published May 23rd 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Theodora Twist, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Theodora Twist

Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Me for TeensReadToo.com

I admit it--I'm a sucker for light, fun, fast reads that deal with situations I would never in a million years find myself in. Such is the case of THEODORA TWIST, a book that deals with a sixteen-year old Hollywood starlet, a beautiful teen who has experienced more in her young life than I'll ever experience in mine.

The problem starts when Theodora Twist, young star and Hollywood's darling, gets caught one too many times in a scandalous situation. Since she's
Joana (The Boundless Booklist)
Why I read this: I decided that after The Mortal Instruments series (which I loved), I wanted to read something that didn't have anything to do with vampires, werewolves, witches, etc.

Plot: Theodora Twist, a 17-year-old movie star, has been getting herself into trouble since her first movie role. After a crazy night out with her boyfriends (she is dating the Bellini Brothers, twin rockstars), her agent feels that if Theodora doesn't do something fast to show people that she is, in fact, a regul
Robin
Sep 09, 2012 Robin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read an ARC of The Love Goddess' Cooking School in 2010, and I liked it so much that I put Melissa Senate on my list of authors to ready everything by. Since then I've picked up four more of her books, but this is the first one I've gotten around to reading. Theodora Twist is a YA novel, and I've kind of drifted away from YA over the last two or three years, so I wasn't sure how well I'd like it, but it was quite enjoyable.

Theodora is a 16 year old actress who's Hollywood star is quickly risi
Starry
Nov 09, 2012 Starry rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Nian
Oct 13, 2007 Nian rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Girls
Shelves: 2007
Although shorter than I would have liked it to be, I thought it was interesting as well. This book is written in two perspectives: Theodora, sixteen year old sensational actress, and Emily Fine, a normal sixteen year old who couldn't be more normal.

After being exposed to some juicy gossip, Theodora's bad-girl image has shot up a notch. Her manager Ashley decides then that something needs to be done to save Theodora's career, and thinks up of the reality tv show idea. For one whole month, Theodo
Gabriella
Jun 15, 2016 Gabriella rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
I really enjoyed this book! It had a great perspective on both sides of the girls. Theodora is a wonderful character who has half of her heart in hollywood and the other half as a "Regular Teen Girl". She isn't sappy. It shows how hollywood can affect a young girl and her life. How she feels loss and heartbreak the same way. Emily is also a fantastic character. She stays true to herself and still has a sense of reality. I really enjoyed that about her. All the character were great! The storyline ...more
Evelyn Medina
Jan 23, 2016 Evelyn Medina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My book Theodora Twist is a taking in Oak City.This book is about 2 girls one regular teenager,heername is Emily Finethe other is a world wide popstar who was Emily's friendand left in middle school to the HOLLYWOOD WORLD,her name was Dora Twisler before shewent to the HOLLYWOOD WORLD AND her agents changed it to Theodora Twist.Let me tell you about Emily Fine ; her father died and her mother was depressed until she met Stew and they were soon married and they soon had a child who was Emily's st ...more
Kristin
Nov 20, 2010 Kristin rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: abandoned
Not done yet, but...

I'm not sure about this book because it seems just like every other "Fame and Fortune" tale. Some average, typical girl becomes famous overnight after being covered with a made up name, bias opinions, untrue friends, and an overall fake life then makes terrible mistakes in her life only to end up where she started... but changed. Yeah, whatever. I'm sticking with it though in the hopes that the first fifty pages just give the entire story an undesirable start but makes up fo
Pyper at Reading Lark
I've enjoyed most of Melissa Senate's book, but this one didn't do much for me. It was nice to see a change come over Theodora by the end of the book. However, the book was too superficial for my taste. I think it was too short. She could have expounded a bit more on Emily & Theodora and it would have been better.
Kara
Jun 06, 2012 Kara rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
I love Melissa Senate as an author for adults, not so much as an author for YA! Probably because it was too real at times, giving me PTSD related flashbacks to my own teenage years.
Emily
Apr 17, 2011 Emily rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It was an ok book. I did not feel as though it was a book i needed to keep reading and i found myself wanting to finish it so i could start a new book.
Mangafreak :P
Mangafreak :P rated it it was amazing
Jul 06, 2008
Nagham Meqari
good story for a teenager
Iman
Iman rated it really liked it
Jul 30, 2010
Frezanda
Frezanda rated it really liked it
Oct 11, 2008
Court
Court rated it really liked it
Sep 11, 2009
M
M rated it really liked it
Dec 31, 2015
Tdr85
Tdr85 rated it really liked it
Aug 10, 2012
Melody
Melody rated it liked it
Jun 01, 2012
Kayla
Kayla rated it really liked it
Oct 14, 2012
Bella
Bella rated it it was amazing
Feb 05, 2014
Kateri
Kateri rated it liked it
Dec 08, 2013
Meredith
Meredith rated it liked it
Apr 01, 2009
Aug 06, 2012
Erika
Mar 20, 2014 Erika rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
I love her adult novels but I am just a bit too old for these.
Meredith
Meredith rated it really liked it
Apr 17, 2013
Emily
Emily rated it really liked it
Sep 23, 2009
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • And Then I Found Out the Truth
  • Manga Shakespeare: Julius Caesar
  • Baby Needs a New Pair of Shoes
  • The Malcontent
  • Hancock Park: A Novel
  • It Chicks
  • Pretty on the Outside (Young, Loaded & Fabulous, #1)
  • GoldenGirl (Bradford, #1)
  • Sweet as Sugar, Hot as Spice (Farrel Sisters, #3)
  • La Petite Four
  • Turn Left At Sanity
  • Rescue Me
  • Entr@pment: A High School Comedy in Chat
  • Bayou Bad Boys
I'm the author of fourteen novels, including my debut, SEE JANE DATE (also available in cute TV movie form on DVD) and THE LOVE GODDESS' COOKING SCHOOL. I've recently had two novels published under a secret pen name, but I will happily share if you message me to ask!

My debut romance series for Harlequin will be published in 2016 under the pen name Meg Maxwell (MegMaxwell.com). A COWBOY IN THE KITC
More about Melissa Senate...