Start by marking “Steady” as Want to Read:
Steady

Steady

3.57 of 5 stars 3.57  ·  rating details  ·  112 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Katrina Jones is Hampton Heights' reigning gardening queen, leading the city to three consecutive gardening competition championships. As she prepares for the next upcoming competition, she finds out that her spot has been given to Will Nakane, the new eco-friendly kid on the block. Swayed by his home's sustainable construction and adjacent Japanese-inspired backyard garde ...more
Published March 1st 2011 by Genesis Press (first published February 28th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Steady, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Steady

Tina
2.5 stars. To say I was disappointed in this book is an understatement.

First, I enjoyed and was very impressed with this writer's freshmen effort Reye's Gold. I have been recommending that book all over the place and still encourage everyone to read it. Once of the things I enjoyed about that book was the writing. I have said in my review that the polish and sophistication of the writing felt like someone who had been writing a long time.

The upside of this book is that the writing level is still
Linda D. Christiani
Linda Christiani

This was a good read for me. I like it when the man realized love is more than good looks or that normal is really overrated!
Laverne Brewster
4.50 stars. Fun story, I enjoyed the humor and banter between Katrina and Will and how they gradually became lovers. Will Nakane is a successful businessman, sportsman and handsome Japanese-American, who is Katrina's neighbor and object of her affection. Katrina is an avid gardener and attends a party at the estate of Will's best friend, she gets drunk and Will takes her home. They become rivals for a position with the gardening club and they also fall in love.
★ Codie Papageorgiou ★
This book was dragged out . It was far too many pages for a book that could have been told in about 200 or so pages. The author rambled about gardening through out the entire book, so much that I didn't know if I was reading a romance or a book on gardening. The lead male was pompous and full of himself, and the lead female was just a big waste of ink. The whole book was just a waste of time and I didn't care for it at all.
Julia Pinnock
I cannot even begin to describe how much I dislike this book. I have read hundreds of romance novels and never once did I dislike the main female character as much as I did in this book. Halfway through the book, I was hoping she wouldn't get together with the guy. Absolutely horrible character development. Horrible story. And the fact that gardening brings the two together is beyond lame.
Jeanna-Has Probably Read It!
Cute story although it had it's moments where the girl's insecurities were getting on my nerves though. But I wished it didn't feel rushed in the end. Like I would have liked to read more about how the relationship developed more with Will and Katrina.

Akeisa Abercrombie
I love this author, her first novel Reye's Gold was awesome, this novel was just as good. Kind of started slow for my taste as for as the romance aspect goes, but still a great romance between characters. Ruthie Robinson knows her stuff.
Alicia
This author's first novel, "Reyes Gold," is a good novel. This novel, "Steady," is a better novel with a sweeter story line, more interesting characters and a heartwarming ending
Lalatrinigirl
Long drawn out story,Katrina was a straight up stalker, and it was creepy as I was reading I was only thinking of The Police "Every Breathe you Take"... did not like.
Keya
the story was very cute. I agree I do feel that towards the end of the story it was rushed. I don't regret reading this story.
Jennie
Not as solid as Reyes Gold but a decent story. Her later books are better and a great read.
Jacqueline Henderson
lovely story without being overly erotic, believable, cozy, quaint.
Rosepetal78
Slow. It was like reading a book recommended by HGTV.
Therese Joseph
Therese Joseph marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2015
Pat
Pat added it
Apr 01, 2015
Wandy Campbell
Wandy Campbell marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2015
Crystal Brooks
Crystal Brooks marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2015
Muhammad Zubair
Muhammad Zubair marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2015
Will2pear95
Will2pear95 marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2015
Joselyn Brown
Joselyn Brown marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2015
lover-of-good-books
lover-of-good-books marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2015
Yaismen Abubeker
Yaismen Abubeker marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2015
  • Worth Waiting For
  • Caught Up In The Rapture
  • Try a Little Tenderness
  • Crossing The Line
  • Finding Opa! (The Lonely Hearts, #2)
  • Ebony Eyes
  • Burn
  • Renee And Jay
  • To Tempt a Wilde
  • Zoe
  • Crash
  • Connelly's Flame (The Megalodon Team, #3)
4208926
Ruthie Robinson resides in Austin, TX with her husband and two teenage children. She holds a bachelors degree in economics from Clark College and a Master's degree from the University of Texas at Austin. (Hook em Horns!). She worked for more than a decade in the banking industry before turning her love for stories into a second career.

Ruthie enjoys being a mom, gardening, traveling and reading.
More about Ruthie Robinson...
Reye's Gold So Different Light's Out The Games We Play When You Fall