Start by marking “Steady” as Want to Read:
Steady

Steady

3.54  ·  Rating Details  ·  132 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
Katrina Jones is Hampton Heights' reigning gardening queen, leading the city to three consecutive gardening competition championships. As she prepares for the next upcoming competition, she finds out that her spot has been given to Will Nakane, the new eco-friendly kid on the block. Swayed by his home's sustainable construction and adjacent Japanese-inspired backyard garde ...more
Published March 1st 2011 by Genesis Press (first published February 28th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Steady, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Steady

Tina
Mar 10, 2011 Tina rated it it was ok
2.5 stars. To say I was disappointed in this book is an understatement.

First, I enjoyed and was very impressed with this writer's freshmen effort Reye's Gold. I have been recommending that book all over the place and still encourage everyone to read it. Once of the things I enjoyed about that book was the writing. I have said in my review that the polish and sophistication of the writing felt like someone who had been writing a long time.

The upside of this book is that the writing level is still
Gisèle Altagracia
The sighs of slight annoyance:
- Again a hero that is too handsome for his own good and a heroine who is not
- Again a guy who is a ho and a girl who is practically a virgin
- The overkill on gardening info. Normally I like that Ruthie Robinson invest in creating a solid backstory but I could have done without a quart of the gardening stuff.

The big likes:
- Katrina is so quirky, some readers found her extremely annoying, but to me she was a hoot. She is so contrary in everything, I liked that.
Gail
Jan 25, 2016 Gail rated it it was amazing
This was a re-read- I loved both characters. Katrina would say one thing when she meant something else; she spent a lot of time contradicting herself. She was shy, but she was bold, she was reserved, but totally wild. By having Katrina's contradictions in the story it worked. It gave this woman who, although dealing with issues, was wild without being unlikable, and reserved without being a boring.

Then there's Will, who is definitely the highlight of the story. I loved the fact that the hero was
Linda D. Christiani
Linda Christiani

This was a good read for me. I like it when the man realized love is more than good looks or that normal is really overrated!
Laverne Brewster
Feb 19, 2015 Laverne Brewster rated it really liked it
4.50 stars. Fun story, I enjoyed the humor and banter between Katrina and Will and how they gradually became lovers. Will Nakane is a successful businessman, sportsman and handsome Japanese-American, who is Katrina's neighbor and object of her affection. Katrina is an avid gardener and attends a party at the estate of Will's best friend, she gets drunk and Will takes her home. They become rivals for a position with the gardening club and they also fall in love.
★ Codie Abibliophobic ★
Oct 05, 2012 ★ Codie Abibliophobic ★ rated it did not like it
This book was dragged out . It was far too many pages for a book that could have been told in about 200 or so pages. The author rambled about gardening through out the entire book, so much that I didn't know if I was reading a romance or a book on gardening. The lead male was pompous and full of himself, and the lead female was just a big waste of ink. The whole book was just a waste of time and I didn't care for it at all.
Julia Pinnock
Mar 31, 2013 Julia Pinnock rated it did not like it
I cannot even begin to describe how much I dislike this book. I have read hundreds of romance novels and never once did I dislike the main female character as much as I did in this book. Halfway through the book, I was hoping she wouldn't get together with the guy. Absolutely horrible character development. Horrible story. And the fact that gardening brings the two together is beyond lame.
Jeanna-Has Probably Read It!
Cute story although it had it's moments where the girl's insecurities were getting on my nerves though. But I wished it didn't feel rushed in the end. Like I would have liked to read more about how the relationship developed more with Will and Katrina.

Akeisa Abercrombie
I love this author, her first novel Reye's Gold was awesome, this novel was just as good. Kind of started slow for my taste as for as the romance aspect goes, but still a great romance between characters. Ruthie Robinson knows her stuff.
Alicia
May 23, 2011 Alicia rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
This author's first novel, "Reyes Gold," is a good novel. This novel, "Steady," is a better novel with a sweeter story line, more interesting characters and a heartwarming ending
Lalatrinigirl
Jun 09, 2012 Lalatrinigirl rated it it was ok
Long drawn out story,Katrina was a straight up stalker, and it was creepy as I was reading I was only thinking of The Police "Every Breathe you Take"... did not like.
Keya
Sep 22, 2012 Keya rated it liked it
the story was very cute. I agree I do feel that towards the end of the story it was rushed. I don't regret reading this story.
Jennie
May 06, 2013 Jennie rated it liked it
Not as solid as Reyes Gold but a decent story. Her later books are better and a great read.
Jacqueline Henderson
lovely story without being overly erotic, believable, cozy, quaint.
Rosepetal78
Jul 31, 2011 Rosepetal78 rated it it was ok
Slow. It was like reading a book recommended by HGTV.
Melanie Steward
Apr 06, 2011 Melanie Steward rated it it was amazing
good book
destiny
destiny marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2016
Angel Colbert
Angel Colbert rated it liked it
Jul 18, 2016
Micki
Micki added it
Jul 05, 2016
Sarah Toussaint
Sarah Toussaint marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2016
Susan Grant
Susan Grant marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2016
AmiNickris
AmiNickris rated it really liked it
Jun 19, 2016
Rose
Rose marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2016
Kielee Ferrell
Kielee Ferrell rated it it was amazing
Jun 03, 2016
Do Your Reading
Do Your Reading rated it it was ok
Jun 10, 2016
Cynthia
Cynthia marked it as to-read
May 17, 2016
Alicia King
Alicia King rated it it was amazing
May 17, 2016
Yalanda Romero
Yalanda Romero rated it really liked it
May 03, 2016
  • Crossing The Line
  • Inside Out
  • No Commitment Required
  • Ivy's Twisted Vine
  • To Tempt a Wilde (Wilde in Wyoming, #1)
  • Beneath the Surface
  • Try a Little Tenderness
4208926
I truly enjoy sharing my More Than Skin Romances with a large variety of readers.

I grew up in Fort Worth, Texas. Attended Clark College as an undergrad, and completed my Masters at the University of Texas in Austin. Both of my degrees are in Economics. After working in the Banking industry, I am now doing what I love - telling stories.

I enjoy reading, gardening, movies and hanging out with my sp
More about Ruthie Robinson...