Reye's Gold

Reye's Gold

4.04 of 5 stars 4.04  ·  rating details  ·  343 ratings  ·  25 reviews
A wealthy white college student has a passionate affair with an African-American woman who is not from his elite world, and unexpectedly loses his heart to her. Original.
Published November 1st 2010 by Genesis Press (first published January 1st 2010)

Tina
I was so curious about this book! I see that it has quite a positive rating on Amazon, but as everyone knows these days that ratings can be manipulated shamelessly so that doesn't help. There is no editorial review available and of all the ratings not a single person gives a synopsis. I had no idea of the plot. Added to that, this publisher does not allow a peek inside nor does it provide e-books, so I couldn't even see a sample of the writing. I waffled for awhile as this is a a new to me autho...more
Emotonal Reads
*********might be spoilerish***********

Okay, where was the relationship here, actually, there was none, they had a sexual friendship, that's all they did, no real date, well, one to the movies, but all their dates, from the first was about
sex.
She kisses him the first time she meets him, when next they meet at his frat party, the dry humped each other on the steps of the frat house, second time at her house for dinner sex, all their dates was for sex she went along with this just sex relationshi...more
Shawnette
Nov 04, 2010 Shawnette rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Shawnette by: find books by title or author or isbn
Fashionista
Nico
Most time the guys start as a dick, but halfway through their dickishness starts to become charming or something along those lines.

Or the guy is really a decent fella but forced into dickishness due to circumstances beyond his control, and he spends the majority of the novel saying "hey, I'm really a good guy if you give me a chance."

Something like that.

The guy in this - dubbed the golden One by the girl - is basically just a straight up prick. Not due to circumstances out of his control. He's j...more
Margie
I enjoyed this book. It is a nice, quick read. I liked the interaction between the characters. I loved the way they met and couldn't help smiling at their antics.

Additionally, the conflict read true. It wasn't earth shattering. It was just that the two were on different paths, yet the chemistry between them kept pulling them together. I thought that was refreshing.

A couple of things stopped me from rating this book more highly. First, the author would tell us something about Reye and immediatel...more
D
Reye's Gold tells the story of Stephen and Reye, an interracial couple, whose chance meeting turns into something more significant. However, Stephen (who is white) refuses to acknowledge just how important Reye is becoming to him because he does not want to deal with the issues that come with being a part of an interracial relationship. Reye, on the other hand, is willing to make Stephen a part of her world regardless of the consequences. And so the story unfolds and we see two people grow and l...more
Brandi
One of the best IR I have read in a long time. Realy good story about the heartbreak of being in an IR relationship.
Jooniebug
Bloody interesting!!! Loved it too much and definitely a keeper!!!
Bluecreek
This is a truly wonderful novel. Reye is an amazing woman from the very first page to the very last. Yes, she is young and she does some growing throughout the novel, but at every step I felt for her and believed in her. Stephen, however, was a bit harder to associate with. Yes, he's a sexy and confident male lead, and he *almost* treats her perfect, but you never feel like he really deserves her, that he really is too weak and noncommittal for the kind of man she deserves. It's that *almost* th...more
D.lee
I thoroughly enjoyed this story. It kind of had a different spin, because it dealt realistically with Stephen's fear of the future with Reye. I agree the love scenes were HOT, but it flowed with the story.

I felt both Reye and Stephen were relate-able characters and they had a very strong supporting characters. Their dialogue flowed and although Stephen was a bit selfish, it is to be expected, after all he was an only child.

I really appreciated the fact that Reye really made Stephen work to prove...more
Littybell1 Harris
Let me just say........WOW! The author has done an excellent job with this story. The essence of any good romance is how two people meet and fall in love with each other. The same should also be for IR romances but alas my experience has been less then stellar because many IR authors get two engrossed in the racial differences and forget to develop a realistic, meaningful story of how two people meet and fall in love. Thankfully Ms. Ruthie Robinson has done both and done them extremely well. I b...more
SheReadsALot
This story was pretty good. It's an interracial love college love story with believable characters. Likeable, though, is left to question. I both liked and disliked both main characters. The story is a HEA and both characters redeemed themselves. There weren't really outstanding parts to the story.

Stephen was surprisingly alpha-like in the bedroom. I was surprised because I didn't expect that from him, a man who kept Reye as a dirty secret. I did not think he respected Reye, even though he told...more
LaTosha Bradley
Excellent

I've had a chance to re-read all my favorite parts and have come to the conclusion that this story is beautiful, the characters are wonderful, and the writing is superbly done...it doesn't get much better...
Davina
One of the first multicultural romances I ever, it remains one of my favorites. Mainly because I can identify with the scenario of the main obstacle as something similar happened to me, though without the HEA, so it touched me on another level.

I like both characters despite shaking my head at Stephen more than a few times. I appreciated that the reader gets a peek into the thoughts of both Stephen and Reye so that you get where both are coming from throughout the story. It's an entertaining rea...more
Diana
Well, I am glad I gave this book a chance because I almost skipped over reading it. The plot isn't very original, we all know how it goes, Black girl and wealthy White boy. But the thing that was original for me was there raw attraction to me and the way the author manages to make their attraction jump off the pages. I mean, this book is very sexy and very touching. I really enjoyed it.
Nadia

Overall I enjoyed this book, I REALLY did... BUT I like other readers felt the h gave in too easily to the H. I felt like the hero coasted through the whole book without really having to answer for himself.

I would have loved if her love interest turned out to be Joe... now THAT would be an amazing read.
April
It was a great read! The thing is that I wished was the Stephen was a more endearing character. In the end I wasn't exicited about them getting back together, I thought that Reye was great and deserved someone better. But HEY whatcha gonna do. I still really liked the book.
Kesha
This book was very good. I laughed and cried. Loved her family and his friends. Haven't read too many IR books where the black person's family is welcoming and don't have to be convinced of the white person's love, so very refreshing.
Deloris
Reye's Gold as golden I really enjoyed this book you get involved with the characters I really liked Reye .I rooted for this couple and did not ant the story to end.
Tracy
I enjoyed this book and it's two lead characters, Stephen and Reye. The love scenes were hot and passionate; just the way I like them!
Ashley
This book was GREAT!!! I could hardly put it down.
Lorice
Words cannot express how I so loved this book!
Nmb
Nmb marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
Yoki
Yoki marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2014
  • Being Plumville
  • Burn
  • Rock Star (Rockers of Storm Crow #1)
  • The Real Thing
  • Love Script
  • The Question
  • The Color of Love
  • The Grunt
  • Thierry's Angel (Chevalier Men #1)
  • Kincade's Rose (The Megalodon Team, #1)
  • Juicy
  • The Alpha Promise
  • No Commitment Required
  • Something Unexpected
  • I'll Be Your Shelter
  • Special Forces
4208926
Ruthie Robinson resides in Austin, TX with her husband and two teenage children. She holds a bachelors degree in economics from Clark College and a Master's degree from the University of Texas at Austin. (Hook em Horns!). She worked for more than a decade in the banking industry before turning her love for stories into a second career.

Ruthie enjoys being a mom, gardening, traveling and reading.
More about Ruthie Robinson...
Steady So Different Light's Out When You Fall The Games We Play