Start by marking “Reye's Gold” as Want to Read:
Reye's Gold

Reye's Gold

3.99  ·  Rating Details  ·  553 Ratings  ·  39 Reviews
A wealthy white college student has a passionate affair with an African-American woman who is not from his elite world, and unexpectedly loses his heart to her. Original.
Published November 1st 2010 by Genesis Press (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Reye's Gold, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reye's Gold

Tina
I was so curious about this book! I see that it has quite a positive rating on Amazon, but as everyone knows these days that ratings can be manipulated shamelessly so that doesn't help. There is no editorial review available and of all the ratings not a single person gives a synopsis. I had no idea of the plot. Added to that, this publisher does not allow a peek inside nor does it provide e-books, so I couldn't even see a sample of the writing. I waffled for awhile as this is a a new to me autho ...more
Emotonal Reads
*********might be spoilerish***********

Okay, where was the relationship here, actually, there was none, they had a sexual friendship, that's all they did, no real date, well, one to the movies, but all their dates, from the first was about
sex.
She kisses him the first time she meets him, when next they meet at his frat party, the dry humped each other on the steps of the frat house, second time at her house for dinner sex, all their dates was for sex she went along with this just sex relationshi
Gisèle Altagracia
Nov 17, 2015 Gisèle Altagracia rated it really liked it
I’m not sure what the 1 or 2 star givers are raging about, talking about too much sex and instant like and no romance in this book. So totally missing the point. I wonder if these people ever experienced college life or if they just forgot how it was being 20-somethings just kicking it and going for the occasional hook up without it having to end up in marriage.

Having said that…
I loveLOVE this book. I like the realness of the romance, which didn’t start out to be one in the first place. We have
Nico
Most time the guys start as a dick, but halfway through their dickishness starts to become charming or something along those lines.

Or the guy is really a decent fella but forced into dickishness due to circumstances beyond his control, and he spends the majority of the novel saying "hey, I'm really a good guy if you give me a chance."

Something like that.

The guy in this - dubbed the golden One by the girl - is basically just a straight up prick. Not due to circumstances out of his control. He's j
Shawnette
Nov 04, 2010 Shawnette rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Shawnette by: find books by title or author or isbn
Fashionista
D.lee
Jun 20, 2012 D.lee rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed this story. It kind of had a different spin, because it dealt realistically with Stephen's fear of the future with Reye. I agree the love scenes were HOT, but it flowed with the story.

I felt both Reye and Stephen were relate-able characters and they had a very strong supporting characters. Their dialogue flowed and although Stephen was a bit selfish, it is to be expected, after all he was an only child.

I really appreciated the fact that Reye really made Stephen work to prove
Flip
Feb 29, 2016 Flip rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. It was a nice and simple kind of romance. I called Stephen a dumbass a couple of times but I still think it was a beautiful relationship that He and Reye shared.
Jooniebug
May 01, 2012 Jooniebug rated it it was amazing
Bloody interesting!!! Loved it too much and definitely a keeper!!!
Margie
Feb 19, 2012 Margie rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book. It is a nice, quick read. I liked the interaction between the characters. I loved the way they met and couldn't help smiling at their antics.

Additionally, the conflict read true. It wasn't earth shattering. It was just that the two were on different paths, yet the chemistry between them kept pulling them together. I thought that was refreshing.

A couple of things stopped me from rating this book more highly. First, the author would tell us something about Reye and immediatel
Bluecreek
Jun 14, 2012 Bluecreek rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ir-bw
This is a truly wonderful novel. Reye is an amazing woman from the very first page to the very last. Yes, she is young and she does some growing throughout the novel, but at every step I felt for her and believed in her. Stephen, however, was a bit harder to associate with. Yes, he's a sexy and confident male lead, and he *almost* treats her perfect, but you never feel like he really deserves her, that he really is too weak and noncommittal for the kind of man she deserves. It's that *almost* th ...more
D
Jul 07, 2013 D rated it really liked it
Reye's Gold tells the story of Stephen and Reye, an interracial couple, whose chance meeting turns into something more significant. However, Stephen (who is white) refuses to acknowledge just how important Reye is becoming to him because he does not want to deal with the issues that come with being a part of an interracial relationship. Reye, on the other hand, is willing to make Stephen a part of her world regardless of the consequences. And so the story unfolds and we see two people grow and l ...more
Littybell1 Harris
Jun 30, 2011 Littybell1 Harris rated it it was amazing
Let me just say........WOW! The author has done an excellent job with this story. The essence of any good romance is how two people meet and fall in love with each other. The same should also be for IR romances but alas my experience has been less then stellar because many IR authors get two engrossed in the racial differences and forget to develop a realistic, meaningful story of how two people meet and fall in love. Thankfully Ms. Ruthie Robinson has done both and done them extremely well. I b ...more
Elle
Nov 05, 2015 Elle rated it liked it
Hmmm.. well I read the book and I will say that it was a simple read. I was expecting a little drama or some type of action of some sort.. you know the moment in a book where you fall in love with the characters... yeah was hoping for it but it never came for me.

Besides the temporary parting... the book just was simple. Girl meets commitment “phobe" and it's all sugar and spice from there.

So I would suggest this book as a pick me up after a dark read maybe.

Signing off... a little too basic for
Stacy Anita Edwards
Great read!

I'm giving this four stars because of the cover....honestly how many of you readers like myself reference the cover of the book when the author describes the lead characters? Aside from that, this was a good book. Yes it ended abruptly but it was enough to the story that I felt satisfied. I will read this again. And I am one of those females who shamelessly check out good looking men in line be it the airport, grocery store, bank etc. And my family is similar to Reye's where color is
Davina
One of the first multicultural romances I ever, it remains one of my favorites. Mainly because I can identify with the scenario of the main obstacle as something similar happened to me, though without the HEA, so it touched me on another level.

I like both characters despite shaking my head at Stephen more than a few times. I appreciated that the reader gets a peek into the thoughts of both Stephen and Reye so that you get where both are coming from throughout the story. It's an entertaining rea
Red
Aug 30, 2014 Red rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was a real nice surprise!!
See, I usually read the bad reviews first, to check if any of the book I intend to buy and read contain any of the (many) things that annoy me in this genre. And from the 1 star review I had read, it sounded not good. I was about to forget about the book but, I don't know why, I finally got it. And, damn, was I pleased I overlooked the bad review! This is a very good book; I really liked it.
1st thing : the writing is very good, it flows effortlessly, making u
Miggyrow
LaTosha
Feb 24, 2014 LaTosha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent

I've had a chance to re-read all my favorite parts and have come to the conclusion that this story is beautiful, the characters are wonderful, and the writing is superbly done...it doesn't get much better...
Angela
Feb 22, 2015 Angela rated it it was ok
I know this is the author's first book so I will take it easy. But this book reminded me so much how I hate romantic novels. I'm currently in an interracial relationship, dealing with some of the same issues that Reye dealt with. But what bothered me the most was how predictable this book was. There was no doubt in my mind that they would get back together.
The plot was good, but I wished it would have focused more on their issues and how they overcame them rather than the sex. It seemed like ev
Robin Harris
Dec 17, 2014 Robin Harris rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome

Love her books you really get caught up in the story and the love I can't wait to read more from this author
Brandi
Oct 21, 2011 Brandi rated it really liked it
One of the best IR I have read in a long time. Realy good story about the heartbreak of being in an IR relationship.
Rachel Smalls
Jul 16, 2016 Rachel Smalls rated it it was ok
I read this book a while ago. I wish there had been more development between Reye and Stephen. Their relationship was based nearly entirely off of sex. Reye naturally fell for Stephen harder but he let his parents racism and prejudice dictate being with Reye, which created the all-too-familiar angst in interracial romance novels. In the end everything worked itself out, but I wouldn't label this as a memorable read. It could have had more layers and depth to it.
SheReadsALot
This story was pretty good. It's an interracial love college love story with believable characters. Likeable, though, is left to question. I both liked and disliked both main characters. The story is a HEA and both characters redeemed themselves. There weren't really outstanding parts to the story.

Stephen was surprisingly alpha-like in the bedroom. I was surprised because I didn't expect that from him, a man who kept Reye as a dirty secret. I did not think he respected Reye, even though he told
Shay
Dec 29, 2014 Shay rated it liked it

She was way too spineless for me and he didn't quite redeem himself enough to excuse his callous behavior throughout most of the book.
Katrina
Aug 18, 2014 Katrina rated it it was amazing
Loved it!!!
Kadisha Rollins
Jun 20, 2016 Kadisha Rollins rated it it was amazing
I love everything about this book!!!
Diana
May 26, 2012 Diana rated it really liked it
Well, I am glad I gave this book a chance because I almost skipped over reading it. The plot isn't very original, we all know how it goes, Black girl and wealthy White boy. But the thing that was original for me was there raw attraction to me and the way the author manages to make their attraction jump off the pages. I mean, this book is very sexy and very touching. I really enjoyed it.
Nadia

Overall I enjoyed this book, I REALLY did... BUT I like other readers felt the h gave in too easily to the H. I felt like the hero coasted through the whole book without really having to answer for himself.

I would have loved if her love interest turned out to be Joe... now THAT would be an amazing read.
Laverne Brewster
Feb 19, 2015 Laverne Brewster rated it it was amazing
5 stars. Loved, loved, loved this story. The story of Reye and Stehen was told beautifully by the author, it was interesting and believable: girl runs into guy at airport, find that they attend the same college and have similar interest in hockey-change meeting turns to love.
  • Being Plumville
  • Burn
  • Rock Star (Rockers of Storm Crow #1)
  • The Color of Love
  • The Real Thing
  • Anatoly Medlov: Complete Reign (The Medlov Crime Family, #3)
  • The Politics of Love
  • The Question
  • Choices
  • Juicy
  • The Alpha Promise
  • Love Script
  • No Commitment Required
  • Kincade's Rose (The Megalodon Team, #1)
  • The Fancy (The Fancy Series #1)
  • Inside Out
  • Zoe
4208926
Ruthie Robinson resides in Austin, TX with her husband and two teenage children. She holds a bachelors degree in economics from Clark College and a Master's degree from the University of Texas at Austin. (Hook em Horns!). She worked for more than a decade in the banking industry before turning her love for stories into a second career.

Ruthie enjoys being a mom, gardening, traveling and reading.
More about Ruthie Robinson...