Start by marking “Crabs' Moon” as Want to Read:
Crabs' Moon

Crabs' Moon (Crabs #5)

3.4 of 5 stars 3.40  ·  rating details  ·  93 ratings  ·  10 reviews
They lurched out of the water - moon-driven, coldly mad in their need to destroy, to kill, to eat. In their hundreds, huge and evil, they crawled, waving their claws of death, feeling their way towards their prey...
Published April 1st 1984 by New English Library

To ask other readers questions about Crabs' Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crabs' Moon

karen
ahhhh - more crabs!! this is more of the same, but somehow even funnier on the second go-round.

it is racist and sexist and homophobic and full of unbelievably sex-starved people making incredibly bad decisions.horrible characters abound: bad parents, bad spouses/future spouses, bad lovers, bad soldiers, etc but these people aren't campy-bad in their faults - this doesn't read like parody - this is the genuine article, an artifact of the hilarious time when men were men, and it was totally accept
Michael
(Cue Star Wars theme. This paragraph scrolls up the screen in yellow letters.

A nuclear accident creates a new breed
of gigantic, evil crabs, who like feasting
upon the flesh of mankind. Their shells
are nearly indestructible, with the heaviest
of artillery simply denting their bone shells.
The King Crab, even bigger than the other
very big crabs, is leading his army onto
the beach of...oh, some place. It doesn't
really matter, does it? They're giant crabs,
and the full moon is approaching...the time
to f
Caris
Jan 11, 2011 Caris rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Caris by: Michael
Shelves: 2011, pulp
I fucking love these books. Guy N. Smith is my goddamned hero.

There’s no explaining it. My horror phase quickly fizzled out when I was in high school. I’ve never looked back. But then, all of a sudden, Michael introduces me to these crazy pulp novels about gigantic killer crabs and I’m hooked.

They’re the perfect palate cleanser. I’ve been reading a lot of Cormac McCarthy lately and was getting rather bogged down by the seriousness of his literary efforts. His books are pretty amazing, but they’r
Thomas Strömquist
The fifth book in the crab series is really an extension to the very first - Night of the Crabs as this one fills in the story of that one and follows some parallel story lines. So, basically more monster mayhem (including the infamous King Crab!), cheesy b-movie-like dialog, gruesome gory deaths and campy fun, what's not to like?
Dreadlocksmile
First published back in 1984, Guy N Smith’s pulp horror novel ‘Crabs’ Moon’ was the fifth instalment into the Crabs series. Only one final full length crabs novel followed; the 1988 crabs finale ‘Crabs: The Human Sacrifice’.

Although this is the fifth crabs novel to be released, it finds itself slotted in alongside ‘Night of the Crabs’ in the storylines sequential order. Indeed, on the inside title page, underneath the books title, it declares this with the subtitle ‘Night of the Crabs 2’. If tha
Timothy Keable
I'm having a terrific time reading these books.

Great fun.

And to those who don't think they've any literary value I say this: Dickens may be pretty good but he never wrote a line like"I'm in the Greencoat Show tonight, a special performance to keep the campers happy and try to make 'em forget the crabs." Did he?
Michael
Die Ereignisse von CRABS MOON finden gleichzeitig zu denen statt, die Smith im ersten Crustacean-Schocker NIGHT OF THE CRABS erzählt hat. Die Angestellten und die Gäste der Ferienpark-Anlage Blue Ocean Holidy Camp sind potentielles Krabbenfutter, und, click-click-clickety-click, wieder einmal lassen etliche ihr Leben. Neben Horror finden auch eine Love-Story und etliche verkaufsförderliche Sex-Szenen ihren Platz.
Smith erzählt hier weniger trashig als in den ersten Krabben-Romanen und die Figuren
Rachel Maldonado
I read this book when I was about ten years old. I was drawn in by the campy horror story and the giant menacing crab on the cover. I might read this again just for the sake of nostalgia. I enjoyed it when I was younger and love all things horror. If you love all horror books and movies, even the B-movies, this book is worth checking out.
Neil Davies
Interesting to go back to the events of the first book but from a different angle and different characters' stories and locations. Loved it. Short break to read a different book and then onto the next Crabs installment.
Red Siegfried
See my review from Origin of The Crabs.

Pretty much without any redeeming qualities whatsoever. Maybe even worse than the first.

Groan.
Hope L. Justice
Hope L. Justice marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2015
Emma
Emma marked it as to-read
May 19, 2015
Sessan
Sessan marked it as to-read
May 14, 2015
Aj
Aj marked it as to-read
May 18, 2015
Kelly
Kelly is currently reading it
May 07, 2015
Troy Palmer
Troy Palmer marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2015
Tanner
Tanner marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2015
Shane
Shane added it
Dec 26, 2014
Shar
Shar marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2014
MIchael
MIchael marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
I was born on November 21, 1939, in the small village of Hopwas, near Tamworth, Staffordshire, England. My mother was a pre-war historical novelist (E. M. Weale) and she always encouraged me to write.
I was first published at the age of 12 in The Tettenhall Observer, a local weekly newspaper. Between 1952-57 I wrote 56 stories for them, many serialized. In 1990 I collated these into a book entitled
More about Guy N. Smith...

Crabs (8 books)
  • Night of the Crabs
  • Killer Crabs
  • The Origin of the Crabs
  • Crabs on the Rampage
  • Crabs: The Human Sacrifice
  • Killer Crabs: The Return
  • Crabs' Fury
Night of the Crabs Killer Crabs The Origin of the Crabs Crabs on the Rampage The Slime Beast