Start by marking “See How She Dies” as Want to Read:
See How She Dies

See How She Dies

4.03  ·  Rating Details ·  2,236 Ratings  ·  72 Reviews
Dear Reader:

There's something special about your first novel, and See How She Dies is no exception. It was my first romantic suspense, originally published in 1994 under the title Treasures. I love these characters and their story, but still, looking back, I felt I hadn't quite finished. I've learned so much since then that I wanted another crack at it. So I've added mor
Published August 1st 2004 by Zebra

To ask other readers questions about See How She Dies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about See How She Dies

MuchAdo
Barbara ★
The fact that the hero (yeah right) had sex with his step mother just grossed me out. The added fact that he also knowingly had sex with his step-sister (same father) was just too much for me. I just couldn't get past the yuck factor though the author tried to get past this fact in the last chapter. LAME!!!

And don't even get me started on Nelson, Jason and Trisha. What a bunch of money-grubbing assholes. Not a likable on in the entire bunch. They got exactly what they deserved though twenty year
Alasandra Alawine
Possibly one of the stupidest plots ever. Adria Nash shows up claiming to be London Danvers who was kidnapped from her very wealth family as a child.

Her half-siblings of course are convinced she is yet another fake even though she bears a strong resemblance to their Step-Mother Kat. Jason (the eldest) hires a private detective to dig up dirt on Adria and uncover the truth. And Zach and Adria fall deeply in love with each other, which is sickening since Adria is suppose to be his HALF-SISTER.

No D
Peggy
Jan 17, 2013 Peggy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: finised-books
I really liked it you got Andria tneli, girl taken at age 4 froma very wealthey family.
Now 20 years later she returns to clam her birth right.
Only to fall in love with her half broutner.
The big mystry is hopig one of them is not realted.
There is mystry here and some who done it.
Zac and Andra do find there answer and it an't like you think.
Ver very good book I loved it from the frist page.

1/279/2013
Tanya
Apr 01, 2008 Tanya rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW...What a great book! I was a little grossed out by the relationship of the main character and her interest, but since it happened more towards the end of the book, there was no way I was going ti stop reading it! =)
Lillian
Feb 10, 2011 Lillian rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
just okay story. I am annoyed by all the typos, though - don't authors have editors and proof readers anymore?
Mjinn d.A.
Su historia comienza con un “último aviso” ligeramente sangriento que promete una dosis de intriga bastante interesante. Los capítulos intercalan pasado y presente para relatar, siempre en el momento más oportuno, la investigación que tuvo lugar tras la desaparición de London Danvers. El secreto familiar resulta excelente, ya que está muy bien narrado y la autora hila bastante fino todas las relaciones de sus personajes, que no son pocos.
Sin embargo, su argumento no funciona como novela romántic
Mel
Nov 01, 2016 Mel rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
n/s
took a little bit of time to get into
Brodiebert
Feb 06, 2017 Brodiebert rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
you know it's bad when you are composing the bad review in your head while you are still listening to it.

The only good thing about this book was that I didn't know 'who dun it?' until the end, that's the only thing that kept me hanging on.

SPOILERS AHEAD

Full of plot holes
-they can't do a DNA test to see if she is London because the parents are dead, yet the siblings are alive and kicking, so they could have easily checked them. Also if you're going to leave millions in a Will for someone, would
Rachel Kovacs
While Lisa Jackson does a great job at creating sympathy for even her antagonists through point-of-view insights and emotions, the book contained too much fantasizing between the two main characters about how they would be in bed. As a reader, I want action. In the case of a romance, I want to see the characters work through those subtle advances of allowing a compliment, allowing closeness, allowing touch, etc.

The novel was somewhat predictable, even with the twist of who the real father is in
Kerri
Nov 19, 2011 Kerri added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Nobody
Shelves: didn-t-like-it
I just finished reading this umm *what is the polite way to say effing disgusting sh##* incestuous filth. Hey I'll take a good old erotic romance any day but no I cannot take a book where the main love story is whether these almost definitely legal brother and sister (though perhaps not blood related) should give into baser urges. Hold on one sec while I puke.
....
.....
......
Er right, where was I? FAMILY RELATIONS HAVING RELATIONS IS WRONG!!!!

I don't wanna go miss manners on your ass but come o
K
Apr 05, 2013 K rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Ashlyn
Aug 15, 2014 Ashlyn rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The plot of See How She Dies was okay, in the sense that it was able to keep me reading to find out who was the one who kidnapped London and who killed Kat. The story ended well, though the it lacked suspense and was quite predictable.

The romance was just disgusting. The teenage Zach sleeping with his stepmother already was gross enough. He even went on with Adria, even though they both knew that there was a chance they could be half-siblings. I just couldn't keep rolling my eyes at the both of
Erin
Jul 13, 2014 Erin rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I give Lisa Jackson props for not only revisiting her first romantic susepense( originally titled as "Treasures") but revising it. Most authors once they hit a bestselling streak tend to re-release their first novels without fixing the rookie mistakes. The suspense was top notch and I kept turning pages to see who was the killer because there was no shortage of good suspects.

The STUMBLING BLOCK in the storyline for me was that Adria and Zach spent way too much time fantasizing about getting in
Chu-Salyer Sharon
See how she dies By Lisa Jackson. This story is Suspense Fiction and Romance. This book is about a twisted, jealous, mmurdering, spoiled, and rich family,. The story kept me wondering who the killer was? And why did the killer kill two people? As I was finishing the book I figured it out, all do to greed and jealousy.

The book takes place in Oregon, in 1993. Adria Nash, possibly kidnapped years ago, investigates her birthright as wealthy London Danvers in Portland. Caught between feuding families
Özüm Yaraş
Aug 09, 2015 Özüm Yaraş rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mit all ihren höhen und Tiefen war es für mich aufjedenfall ein angenehmes Buch.

-Achtung Spoiler vorhanden-

Die Handlung, der Beginn, Fortlauf hat mir sehr gefallen. Es bestand immer eine gewisse misteröse erzaehlweise, wobei ich zum einen Teil richtig und zum einen Teil falsch geraten habe.
Normalerweise bin ich kein großer fan von Romantik, doch bestimmte Stellen haben mir sehr gefallen. Bis zum Ende hab ich stark gehofft das Zach doch der Sohn von Polidori sein könnte doch dann hat es sich ja e
Jess
I haven't read much by this author, and I've had this book for awhile so I decided to give it a try. I did like the suspense and parts of the romance freaked me out a bit but the mystery was really interesting and kept me reading. It was also a really quick read and only took me a few days to get through.

One annoying thing, the book was written in different parts, and the parts alternated between past and present. That just bothered me. I didn't like having to switch back and forth but I underst
Amanda Pfeifer
Jan 13, 2008 Amanda Pfeifer rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: romance readers
I was recommended this book because I love to read suspense books, with a touch of romance.

This book was definitely more romance than suspense. And the "who's the bad guy?" question is predictable. As a suspense book I would give it only 2 stars. But I do enjoy romance novels every once and a while, and it was ok as a romance novel.

This is Lisa Jacksons first romance suspense book, revised, (as it says on the back of the cover) I won't dismiss this author. I shall look for more recent copies of
Vane
Jul 03, 2015 Vane rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Esta novela me ha resultado una lectura adictiva. Un comienzo de novela muy jugoso, muy llamativo (alternando situaciones actuales con hechos sucedidos en el pasado).
Unos hechos que hasta la última página no serán totalmente esclarecidos. Una narración rica en matices de los distintos protagonistas, que nos lleva a más de una sorpresa.
Y un amor ardiente, arrebatador, intenso............. y complicado, muy complicado.
Realmente me encanta haber conocido a esta escritora.

UN THRILLER FANTÁSTICO, UNA
Esther
Sep 26, 2015 Esther rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I don't have to like characters to like a book, so the incest possibility did not affect the rating. I did not figure out who did it, so the plot was very intriguing. The strength of one of the older female characters did not ring true though(no name, on purpose). I guess the DNA or lack of it was based on the 1994 plot rather than when it was re-written in 2004 because this didn't ring true either.
Cindi
Jun 05, 2010 Cindi rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Not great, in my opinion. The "bad guy" was too predictable. I had that figured out really early on in the book. The love story was a little much for me. Granted, everything worked out in the end but throughout the entire book, I was thinking Ew! I have only read a few of her books. Thankfully I read the others before I read this one. Otherwise, I would have given up on Lisa Jackson and would have never read the others, which are really good.
Océano de libros
Apr 12, 2013 Océano de libros rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
En resumen, un libro con sustancia que contiene un romance muy peligroso, buenos diálogos, intriga, suspense a más no poder, asesinatos, tramas retorcidas, y un final bien llevado que me agradaron bastante y que más no se puede pedir.

Si quieres leer la reseña visita:http://oceanodelibros.blogspot.com.es...
Joyce McKune
Jun 10, 2014 Joyce McKune rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Remake of an old romance into a new romantic thriller. Adria was trying to find out if she was the kidnapped daughter of a very rich family. Nobody else wanted her to be the lost little girl of the 2nd wife now that dad was dead and had left half his fortune to her if she were ever found. The other siblings would only get it if proof of her death was found.
Joanne
Jul 07, 2012 Joanne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
London Danvers was kidnapped from a wealthy family as a child. During the past 20 yrs many women have shown up claiming to be the long-lost London but Adria Nash who shows up claiming to be the heiress is different. She tries to prove her identity to the family and apparently someone believes that she is London because they are trying to kill her.
Jocelyn Montalvo Cullum
This was a good read... in typical Lisa Jackson fashion. I have to admit though, that even with the remote possibility of the 2 main characters not being related it was still hard to get over the whole "I'm so attracted to you, I want you" thing with them. I mean, geez, they thought they might be brother and sister... eeww...
Anna Mcfadden
Sep 25, 2015 Anna Mcfadden rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As a child going on 5 London Danvers was kidnapped. Now almost 20 years later Adria Nash turns up claiming she could be London Not that the family believes but Zachary Danvers stays close by her cause she knows things only London knows. but someone don't want the truth reveal and will stop at nothing to do it even murder. As Adria fights to find the truth Zachary fights to keep them both alive.
Sharon
Feb 17, 2015 Sharon rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not only was the pace way too slow, the plot lines were very predictable. I kept expecting some twists and turns but they never materialized. Not up to the standard I've come to expect from Lisa Jackson.
Kristin
Jul 13, 2013 Kristin rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Rangiert ganz hoch in der Liste der beschissensten Bücher, die ich je gelesen habe. Dumme Geschichte, ekelhaft unsympathische und flache Charaktere, die an nichts anderes denken als ans Vögeln, miserabler Schreibstil und noch dazu aberdutzende Tippfehler. Wieso wird sowas nur veröffentlicht?
Lisa
Apr 03, 2014 Lisa rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This is the worse book by this author I have read, and I have read lots of them. For whatever reason, this book is extra long and drags on and on. It could have been cut in half and still told the reader the same thing. I only gave it 2stars because I really like this author.
  • Sweet Baby
  • Outlaw (Medieval Trilogy, #3)
  • Breakwater (Cold Ridge/U.S. Marshals, #5)
  • Silent Killer (Griffin Powell, #10)
  • Haunting Rachel
  • Killing Kelly (Soap Opera, #3)
  • Unseen
  • Dead Certain (Dead #2; John Mancini #4)
  • The Hunt (Predator Trilogy, #2)
  • No Control (Delta Force #2)
  • Fortune
  • Dead Before Dark

Lisa Jackson is the number-one New York Times bestselling author of more than 85 novels, including Afraid to Die, Tell Me, You Don’t Want to Know, Running Scared, Without Mercy, Malice, and Shiver.  She is also the co-author of the Colony Series, co-written with her sister, Nancy Bush. There are over 20 million copies of Lisa Jackson’s books in print in twenty languages.

Before she became a natio

More about Lisa Jackson...