Start by marking “Love Letters from Ladybug Farm” as Want to Read:
Love Letters from Ladybug Farm

Love Letters from Ladybug Farm (Ladybug Farm #3)

3.99 of 5 stars 3.99  ·  rating details  ·  1,093 ratings  ·  119 reviews
Renovating a broken-down mansion in Virginia's Shenandoah Valley gave three lifelong friends a welcome second chance. But after taking the biggest risk of their lives, are these women also willing to risk their hearts? All the effort Cici, Lindsay, and Bridget have put into transforming an historic but overgrown farm into an upscale winery and special events business is fi ...more
Hardcover, Large Print, 399 pages
Published November 1st 2010 by Center Point (first published September 21st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Love Letters from Ladybug Farm, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love Letters from Ladybug Farm

Judy Collins
I really love this Ladybug Farm Series (once you read The Hummingbird House-2013-not part of the series; however, featured Paul and Derrick from the series and scenes with the Ladybug farm ladies)-- I immediately had to purchase the series via e-book and read them in order to hear the origin and background of these fabulous ladies.

I have read #1- a Year on Ladybug Farm, #2 –A Home on Ladybug Farm, #3-Love Letters from Ladybug Farm and now have two more e-books which I have already purchased (#4-
Delightful little light novel. This appears to be the 3rd book in a series about three ladies in their late forties who buy a large old dilapidated home with land in Virginia to fix up. The descriptions of the surrounding area are beautiful and their friendship seems ideal. The story follows a bridezilla situation where the three friends host a wedding at their home. Crazy work is involved, always with beautiful results, and a touch of romance here and there. This is not deep, but is lovely.

3.5 stars: In the third book detailing the adventures at Ladybug Farm, a wedding is planned and executed. This book appears to start in spring, about a year after book two ends. Many of the ladies dreams are coming true and being realized.
The love letters written with dates in italics are a little random, there's been no mention of what year the story is being told in so it's hard to frame it out. The use of IM, emails back and forth, and blog posts a few times throughout the book don’t do anyth
Rebecca McNutt
I bought this book used from

Love Letters from Ladybug Farm was an interesting book, albeit rather generic. The author's writing style was a little choppy at times but the book was well-written for the most part.
I'm giving this 5 stars because of the Laugh Out Loud factor alone. Oh my gosh, the bride to be and her mother were something else to say the least. I would cringe every time they would ask the women to change something, add something, etc. The 3 women who run Ladybug Farm were just as hilarious in this installment as they were in the first 2 books. I love reading the books in this series! it feels like coming home for me. I can't wait to start the next one!
It was okay; however, even with a startup "busines", it's unrealistic to have that many mishaps in a relatively short period of time. I grew up on a working farm, so I know whereof I speak. Also, there were so many budding romances in this book that there was little relationship development going on--paving the way, I am sure, for the next Ladybug Farm installment. I'm afraid I got lost in the hailstorm and won't be continuing on with the series.
Elaine Bueffel
I don't often read a seriers because I find they get repetative and boring......not this one. Donna Ball has found the trick to keeping all of the characters interesting and fresh. I hope there will be more books.......I am still wanting to know what happens on the Ladybug Farm....
Why can’t I stop reading this series?!! I think it is the premise. . .I love the idea women coming together to follow their dreams mid life. But I hate how they have seemed to lose most of their common sense.

It continues the story of three women who buy a farm in Virginia. They decide to host a wedding, and seem to have no idea what it will entail. I’d say it is predictable, but I can’t understand why a teacher and real estate agent can’t see a difficult, manipulative person a mile away; why a
I thought it was weird to include recipes given this:
" Author's Note
The recipes in this book are included for entertainment purposes only and have not been tested. In fact, I would be very much surprised if any of them are at all edible! "

I find the details of the farm to be fun to read about, but the wedding got to be a bit much. I have no patience for people who think they are entitled and walk all over others and stomp on the world.

It was funny comparing the wedding party to the Sharks and th
3rd book in the Ladybug Farm series...oh, my, those women work so hard, I'm exhausted from reading the book! A true "All's well that ends well" story...but all is not well, besides some hints at coming romance. A storm almost ruins a wedding that will bring much-needed income to Ladybug Farm...the storm also ruins the vineyard and farm crops. Will the three women recover?? Stay tuned to the next book in the series...

And, it seems the ladies will be getting some "new" neighbors who are really old
The Ladybug Farm series chronicles the trials and tribulations of three friends renovating a historic farmhouse and winery in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. Love Letters from Ladybug Farm is the third in the series and, true to form, it is full of fun, adventure, and friendship. Cici, Lindsay, and Bridget have come a long way and the farm is really starting to shape into a lovely home. Struggling to find the necessary funds to complete their renovations they jump at the chance to host a high ...more
This is #3 in the Ladybug Farm series. The three friends decide to host a wedding at their home, but find out it is not so simple. All kinds of things go wrong as they try to arrange a beautiful ceremony and reception - it is not as easy as they had thought! The book also looks at several different kinds of love - between mother and child, man and woman, and even man and man. It is a wonderful, fast read.

Each one in the series just gets better. A wonderful escape from the doom and gloom headlines of every day life. Ladybug Farm is a seven book series and I already know I'll be suffering separation anxiety when I'm done with them all. Off to the next one:)
Laura LeAnn
The third in the Ladybug Farm series, this was my least favorite of the three I have read thus far. This is mostly due to the main storyline in this book being so different than the two previous. I really enjoyed the two previous books that mostly focused on the historical discoveries in the old farmhouse purchased by Lindsay, Bridget, and Cici. This third book was about the three ladies hosting and catering a wedding for a young bride from DC. She and her mother were crazy, in my opinion, and I ...more
Judy Iliff
I do enjoy the main characters of this series. This particular book, however, I thought was a little too "fluffy". I do like the relationship of the 3 women, however, and now Lori is becoming more a part of the farm. I also like the character of Noah.

In this book, Cici, Lindsey, and Bridget decide they can offer their farm for weddings and receptions. It would be easier, however, if their first customer wasn't the epitome of bridezilla and mother-of-bridezilla! In addition to everything that has
Elizabeth  (Thoughts From an Evil Overlord)
The third installment of the Lady bug Farm books is just as interesting and cute as the first two. The women have finished their second year as historic home owners and have done their major renovations to the house, grounds, and outbuildings, and have settled into a routine of caring for their animals, planting, and harvesting when a friend suggests earning money for their projects by offering their home as a wedding venue. Of course they are given a crazy demanding mother and daughter who have ...more
The third in a series about three 50+ friends who leave the suberbs and move to the country to restore run a country estate/farm/vineyard and build their lives. Chick lit, light reading but fun and makes me both envy them and feel lucky I don't have all that work. ;-) In this book Ladybug Farms is featured in a magazine and things start getting busy. The ladies take on a society wedding and all the drama it entails. The first book is still my favorite and one beef I had is the author putting rec ...more
Trish (trishie7)
series keeps getting better as we get to know the characters more. I really love this series now into #3 and i have to hold back on finishing the whole series as after #5, i'm done.

very touching background story about the love letters. it really made me tear up to read them.

i really love Paul & Derrick's characters and hope we see more in the next 2 books.

Everyone is back in this book with a few more additions for the ladies. :) snuggle up and read, you won't be dissapointed.
Sandra Strange
I liked this book because I liked the main characters and the premise: three middle aged women are restoring a run down farmhouse and the grounds to make it into a running farm and winery, and in the process, restoring their various identities. Then, at the request of an engaging friend, they take on a high class wedding--with bridezilla and her mother and a clueless groom. Their adventure, complete with great descriptions of farm and fine food, makes for really entertaining reading. The only dr ...more
Rachel Rogers
Sweet book about love in all its forms. Friendship, parenting, marital, long-term, short-term. Very quick read. Poignant at times and riotously funny at others.
I am so enjoying this series!

This boon wasn't my most favorite in the series. Maybe because when I started it I was super busy and this book was insanely hectic. But the story is still funny and still good and I can't wait to get the fourth book in the series.

I feel like I should move on to another book or series but I just like this light read right now!
Sherri Dub
Very verbose novel, but entertaining. If you enjoy descriptive prose & creative country recipes (not promised to be edible) this book is for you.
I feel as if I should've saved this book for a winter's evening in front of a fire with a brandy or glass of sherry. It was a bit old fashioned, and eloquent.
However, I enjoyed the three women, their dream of re-inventing themselves and their farm house exploits.
I did not enjoy the emailing back and forth, as background prose~I am sure this was the
Penni Goodall
Loved it!

Great second book in a wonderful series! Can't wait to read the next one! 2 down 4 more books to go!
Another sweet trip to Ladybug Farm. This is not a deep read, but certainly is a nice one. I look forward to their continuing adventures.
Liked this book better than #2. Thanks to the author for writing a book that makes me smile and laugh.
Sarah Armstrong
The final installment from Ladybug Farm! Now that the ladies are moving forward with different business ventures at the farm, they realize that success can be the end of them. I loved the outlandish situations that kept happening (the most in any of the books) and I have no idea how any of this would have actually panned out in real life, but that is sort of the fun of the book. It is crazy and unbelievable, but you can’t help buy enjoy the characters and the situations they find themselves in. ...more
Loved being back on the farm with these ladies. And, wow, what a wedding!!!!
The ladies of Ladybug Farm are back and in full force. Only they're having to contend with more "youngsters" and their obsessive motherswhile they plan a wedding. Sounds simple, but think again.

The ladies are also dealing with potential love in their own lives, & throughout the story you'll get to read anonymous love letters. Who are they from and who are they to? Well you'll have to read it to find out, but don't think the answer will come easily. Ms. Ball doesn't reveal the answer until t
I loved the first book in the series, liked the second, and absolutely adored this third book. The characters have become beloved friends by this point, and I can't wait to see what's next for the residents of Ladybug Farm.
An enjoyable series. Easy reading for a warm August day.
  • The Art of Saying Goodbye: A Novel
  • The Southern Belles of Honeysuckle Way
  • Friday Mornings at Nine
  • From the Heart of Covington (Ladies of Covington, #3)
  • Crossing Washington Square
  • Local Knowledge
  • Here Today, Gone to Maui
  • Sweet Life
  • Puttin' on the Grits: A Guide to Southern Entertaining
  • Winter Bloom
  • How to Bake a Perfect Life
  • Touching Stars (Shenandoah Album)
  • Simply from Scratch
  • The Spinster Sisters
  • Georgia's Kitchen
  • The Rock Orchard
  • Salting Roses
  • Formula for Murder (A Maternal Instincts Mystery, #3)

Ladybug Farm (7 books)
  • A Year on Ladybug Farm (Ladybug Farm #1)
  • At Home on Ladybug Farm (Ladybug Farm #2)
  • Christmas on Ladybug Farm (Ladybug Farm #4)
  • Vintage Ladybug Farm (Ladybug Farm #5)
  • A Wedding on Ladybug Farm (Ladybug Farm #6)
  • The Hummingbird House (Ladybug Farm #7)
A Year on Ladybug Farm (Ladybug Farm #1) At Home on Ladybug Farm (Ladybug Farm #2) Smoky Mountain Tracks (Raine Stockton Dog Mysteries, #1) Keys to the Castle Vintage Ladybug Farm (Ladybug Farm #5)