Start by marking “Glory in Death (In Death, #2)” as Want to Read:
Glory in Death (In Death, #2)

Glory in Death (In Death #2)

4.24  ·  Rating Details ·  38,006 Ratings  ·  1,666 Reviews
The #1 "New York Times" bestselling series starring Lt. Eve Dallas
The #1 suspect? Eve's lover, Roarke.
Eve Dallas investigates the deaths of two successful women. Their relations with men of power provide Eve with many suspects-including her own lover.
Published December 1st 1995 by Berkley Books

To ask other readers questions about Glory in Death, please sign up.

Jacquelyn Apprentice in Death (munber 43) just came out as well.

Jo ★The Book Sloth★
5 Kick-ass Stars

I'm sooo hooked on this series. I can't believe I kept postponing reading it. I would say that my review will come soon but it probably won't because I'd have to stop reading to write it.

Shawna
Apr 08, 2009 Shawna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of romantic suspense, tough heroines, & mysterious, dangerous, deliciously sexy alpha heroes
Recommended to Shawna by: Mom & several GR friends
5 stars – Romantic Suspense

Okay, I think I'm officially hooked on this series. After reading and loving Naked in Death, I immediately jumped right into reading this, and it's another great book in an addictive series.

I find the futuristic elements interesting, but I like that it's not too distracting to the story and characters. Lieutenant Eve Dallas is a complex character who I sort of feel a love/hate relationship towards because her toughness, dedication to justice, and devotion to representi
Jilly
Jun 29, 2016 Jilly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi, mystery, romance
Murder Mystery set in the future with the best alpha male love interest ever? Yes please! I'll take 43 of them (holy crap this series has a lot of books!). And, while you are at it, I have a list of items that I would like from these books:

1. AutoChef - cooks my food for me. I need this like I need chocolate.
2. Flying cars/hovering cars/self-driving cars. One of each, please.
3. Floating mattress with vibrations and gentle movements.
4. Bedroom droid that keeps my room clean.
5. Body dryer in my s
Phrynne
Jul 14, 2012 Phrynne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This series is every bit as good second time around as it was the first and this particular book is one of the best ones. Eve and Rourke are at the beginning of their relationship and Eve is fighting it every inch of the way. Tissues are a required accompaniment to chapter nine. Peabody appears for the first time. Roarke does his very macho thing to protect his woman. All good in the land of 'In Death'. Love it:)
Buggy
Opening Line: "The dead were her business."

I originally started JD Robb’s In Death series because it was recommended to me by well… everyone. And Yes it is good. In fact I ended up liking this 2nd instalment even more then the first, however (except for Roarke) I don't totally love it either. The writing is top notch and Robb spins an easy to read, dark mystery filled with lots of interesting suspects(including Roarke again.) But I’m just not a fan of the police procedurals and therefore large p
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
View review on Under the Covers

I WANT TO MARRY YOU, ROARKE!!!!!

I'm going to use this review as an excuse to post more Gandy Candy.

Opening line: “The dead were her business.”

From that first line, I was sucked in. There is something about Robb’s writing that just sucks me in completely. I love the way she describes things. I love the way the words flow and I love that there’s this sense of detachment or coldness in the overall tone of her writing. It makes the mystery of the story that much more
Emily May

I intended to write a full review of this but there's not that much which needs to be said. A lot of what I mentioned in my review of Naked in Death also applies to the second novel. Excellent psychological murder mystery with a small romance story that just complements the novel as a whole and doesn't swamp it. Interesting characters, easy to read and even a dose of smut to go with it! Do you really want anything else?

♥Sharon♥
Nov 30, 2016 ♥Sharon♥ rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

And the LOVE continues! Glory in Death was fantastic. I even enjoyed it just a little bit more which was such a great feeling. It was a combination of things that made it a little better……..

❤ The chemistry between Eve and Roark is explosive. I savored every single moment they were together. I love that he calls her darling.

❤ The side characters Feeney, Mavis, Commander Whitney and Summerset continue to shine. Summerset is a bit of a mystery to me though. I’m looking forward his back story.

❤ J.D
Hulya Kara Yuksel
I'm cheating my husband with ROARKE. Yeah yeah, I'm in too much trouble. :D God dammit Roarke. Why are you so cute? :)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

Science Fiction for people who don't like Science Fiction!

Glory in Death is the second book in J.D. Robb’s wildly popular, futuristic, In Death series, and just like the first book, it’s an exciting, gritty, thrilling read.

The Story -

Two prominent women and a third ‘accidental’ have been found with their throats slashed, and as primary on the case, Police Lieutenant Eve Dallas has her hands full. With the list of suspects rising along with the death count, Eve is mentally and emotionally pushe
☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎
As always it was a great book. I even enjoyed that Roarke broke down Eve's walls, well at least one of them. They make such a great pair and the ending was also a great surprise as always.
Well written and great mystery.
Duchess Nicole
I know this is first and foremost a murder mystery series but I can't stop thinking about Roarke. Let me get those pesky details out of the way and then commence the gushing, mnkay?

So the opening scene is once again Eve being called to the scene of a grisly murder. The chick's throat is slashed....blah blah....suspect must hate women...blah...Eve is super duper intuitive...blah, blah blah blah...lots of rich society people.....blah...reporters, policemen and detectives.

There! Necessary info out
Jamie ♡♡ submits to books ♡♡
****** 5 "Perfect Timing" Stars *****

“Fuck him."

Feeney made a sound like a man who'd been pinched. "Christ Jesus, Dallas, you're in St. Pat's."

"If God's going to make little weasels like him, she's going to have to listen to complaints.”

And this is why I love Eve Dallas so much. She heart a stone heart that tells you exactly how it is. There is bubble wrapped words when it comes to Eve. BUT.... said heart is starting to warm and it has all to do with the sexy Roarke, which by the way, HE BELO
Çisem
Mar 24, 2016 Çisem rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Zaten 5'den aşağı puan veremem Roarke varken.

Allahım ROARKE!!! R.O.A.R.K.E.!!!! Sen ne muhteşem bir adamsın yaaaa *-*
Eve paçozu da başta beni delirtse de sonunda adam oldu :D Senin kıymetini bilmeyenler utansın Roarke'cum. Bu arada kurgu güzeldi zaten gördüğünüz gibi ona hiç değinmiyorum bile.

Son olarak Roarke'a bir şarkı armağan etmek istiyorum;
Adını dağlara yazdım yarim
Buğulu camlara kazdım....
Eastofoz
Dec 31, 2008 Eastofoz rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Readers who like a dollop of romance with their futuristic mystery novel
Overall “Glory in Death” is a good mystery/suspense story but if you’re looking for an equal balance of romance, seeing as it’s listed as « romantic suspense », you won’t get that here. The story is relatively quick paced and you have a good futuristic feel, but I kept wanting to read more about the growing intimacy between Roarke and Eve. The book is more borderline fiction than romance I thought because Robb tends to gloss over the steam a little too often and focus more on the rest of the sto ...more
 Anna (Wicked Book Blog)
While the story is initially what grabs you when you choose a book, isn't it the characters that keep you reading?

In this series, they certainly are.

The second book shows how the relationship between Eve and Roake evolves.
Eve is reluctant and scared of commitment which makes Roarke furious at most times. So you know what he does? Give her a taste of her own medicine. Yes, he's a vicious little smartass but we love him for that ;)

When things stop working or seem difficult, really all you need
P.A. Lupton
Dec 06, 2012 P.A. Lupton rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I listened to this book on audio. I don't know if it was because the narrator was so good (I read book 1) or if it was the story, but I liked this book a lot more than book 1. This is a fantastic series.

Eve is a fantastic character. She's tough, kick ass, smart, and she has hints of a troubled past. I like that the author doesn't dump a ton of information on us about her past, she gives tidbits in each book.

Roarke is sexy, arrogant, rich, and sensitive. I absolutely love him as a hero. These t
Piper
Oct 31, 2016 Piper rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2016
Well if there was any doubt before, (which there wasn't) I now declare my love for Roarke!! He is the perfect man, if there is such a thing. Gah!!

Loved this second installment of many. Will I ever get them all read? It will be fun trying!!!
ElaineY
REVIEW OF AUDIOBOOK: JANUARY 24, 2014 - 5 STARS
Narrator: Cristine McMurdo-Wallis

Naturally, I couldn't remember any of the 9 In Death books that I read pre-2008 and to find a review or book blurb on GR is not easy because all anyone really talks about, or remembers, or bothers with, is Roarke. It's nothing but Roarke, Roarke, Roarke, from start to finish; from one book to the next.

Long after NR stops writing the series, I and countless other In Death fans, will still be smitten with him. Today, n
MaryG2E
This futuristic crime novel is a well-written, well-plotted, straight-forward narrative, which has a pleasing blend of police procedural and sexy romance. Robb enjoys dissecting the lifestyles and habits of the NY elite and powerful, holding up their sordid secrets to our scrutiny. Roarke is not immune from this and we get little hints that Eve’s handsome, powerful lover has some unsavoury episodes in his past. However, in terms of the whodunnit, all of this juicy detail is misdirection on the p ...more
Zoey
Brilliant! Loved it!!

Have definitely become a fan of this series and there is soooo many more to read :)
Aly is so frigging bored
1st read: October 2012
It took me forever to finish it :D but it was really cool!

2nd Read: August 2014
We just met another character that we're still reading about... I love this!
Lisa Kay
★★★★★ New York Police and Security Lieutenant, Eve Dallas, and international Irish billionaire, Roarke. Past, present, future - what a couple!. But this, the second chapter in their relationship, isn’t all smooth sailing. There is a compelling confrontation that bears listening to twice. Up shot? I’ll take Roarke, even hot under the collar. At the end of this eruption, Eve asks Roarke why he wants her.
“Why?” He tilted his head. “That's a tricky one. Could it be your serenity, your quiet manner,
Tilly Slaton

At first, I was pretty irritated. I mean, seriously? I wasn’t sure what was going to happen but the way things suddenly changed, I was just a wee bit bummed.

Naked in Death was a wonderful book. Eve and Roarke shared a fun and intimate relationship. The bad guys were toast. Life was grand.

In the beginning of this book, the shit hit the fan to say the least. This isn’t a spoiler really. It’s just a .. “well okay then” moment.

“No, you never,” he interrupted coolly. “Never once risked your pride by
Joy (joyous reads)
I’m finally getting around to reviewing this book. I know it’s practically from the vault, but this series is too wonderful not to talk about. Between the futuristic landscape and the suspense that took my breath away, this book/series is worth scouring the earth for. I like that the Science Fiction aspect is downplayed. Those books tend to be daunting. This series, however, combines Sci-Fi with Romantic Suspense (which, I’m a big fan of).

This book finds Eve in the middle of several murders of h
Kris - My Novelesque Life
Jan 21, 2013 Kris - My Novelesque Life rated it really liked it
2016

June 27 2012 4 STARS

"The first victim was found lying on a sidewalk in the rain. The second was murdered in her own apartment building. Police Lieutenant Eve Dallas had no problem finding connections between the two crimes. Both victims were beautiful and highly successful women. Their glamorous lives and loves were the talk of the city. And their intimate relations with men of great power and wealth provided Eve with a long list of suspects--including her own lover, Roarke. As a woman, Ev
Carolyn
Dec 20, 2014 Carolyn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crime, futuristic
This second book of the In Death series continues the story of tough, feisty Lieutenant Eve Dallas, NYPD cop and sexy, handsome, supersuave, mega billionaire Irish businessman Roarke. Both have survived difficult childhoods and are attracted to the damage below the surface that they sense in each other. In this episode, two prominent women have been murdered in a similar fashion and Eve must hunt down the killer before he strikes again despite the complete absence of clues or motive. The story i ...more
Anuradha
I liked Roarke infinitely more than I did in the previous book, except if I were to marry him, I'd ask him to change his name. Eve was a big bitch baby in this though, and I wanted to kill her. Like with a gun or something, not with the fancy weapons of the future. Otherwise, the book was pretty much the same; same serial killer stuff, same predictable villain. (view spoiler) ...more
Catherine
*4.5 Stars*

I first read Naked in Death last December and really enjoyed it. I ordered a ton of books in the series and vowed to glut myself, but somehow found myself buried in other books and other commitments by the time they arrived. I put them to the side, promising to make time, but somehow never did. Recently, I had a road trip coming up and was trolling for an audiobook to pass the time. I heard Sophia raving about the Naked in Death audiobook and decided to give it a shot. Boy, am I glad
Brittany B.
Mar 01, 2012 Brittany B. rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Casual, RS-lite readers
3.5 Stars (though I almost gave it 4- until I wrote the review and realized I was disappointed in NR)

I'm sorry to my In Death friends, I'd love comments on any difference of opinion. I like the characters, Roarke is a god and Eve is seriously growing on me. But Nora Roberts rarely gives it her all.

Well, I know this is just a book. And I need to suspend disbelief a little to enjoy many of my favorite authors, series, books, movies, etc.
But serial killers are not like this at all. I don't mean
Around the Year i...: Glory in Death (In Death #2), by J.D. Robb 1 9 Jan 20, 2017 05:49AM
J.D. Robb : Glory In Death Buddy Read - Feb. 2016 (Spoiler Zone) 385 73 Apr 21, 2016 06:42PM
A Million More Pages: 2 - Glory in Death (In Death): May 10 55 29 Jun 16, 2015 03:17PM
J.D. Robb : Glory in Death (Spoiler Zone) 61 100 Oct 28, 2014 12:52PM
Madison Mega-Mara...: #7 - Glory in Death 1 2 Jan 31, 2014 12:40PM
J.D. Robb : Not Quite Right 11 52 Jul 25, 2013 11:33AM
  • Remember When (In Death, #17.6)
  • A Touch of Minx (Samantha Jellicoe, #5)
  • Ice Blue (Ice, #3)
  • Unlawful Contact (I-Team, #3)
  • Heart of Fire
  • Force of Nature (Troubleshooters, #11)
  • Deadly Fear (Deadly, #1)
J.D. Robb is the author of the #1 New York Times bestselling In Death series and the pseudonym for #1 New York Times bestselling author Nora Roberts. The futuristic suspense series stars Eve Dallas, a New York City police lieutenant with a dark past. Initially conceived as a trilogy, readers clamored for more of Eve and the mysterious Roarke. Echoes in Death, on sale February 2017, is the 44th ent ...more
More about J.D. Robb...

In Death (1 - 10 of 45 books)
  • Naked in Death (In Death, #1)
  • Immortal in Death (In Death, #3)
  • Rapture in Death (In Death, #4)
  • Ceremony in Death (In Death, #5)
  • Vengeance in Death (In Death, #6)
  • Holiday in Death (In Death, #7)
  • Conspiracy in Death (In Death, #8)
  • Loyalty in Death (In Death, #9)
  • Witness in Death (In Death, #10)
  • Judgment in Death (In Death, #11)

“We're standing here, beat to shit, walking away from a crime scene where either or both of us could have bought it, and you're asking me to marry you?"
"Perfect timing.”