Start by marking “The Eentsy, Weentsy Spider: Fingerplays and Action Rhymes” as Want to Read:
The Eentsy, Weentsy Spider: Fingerplays and Action Rhymes

The Eentsy, Weentsy Spider: Fingerplays and Action Rhymes

3.6 of 5 stars 3.60  ·  rating details  ·  25 ratings  ·  8 reviews
A companion to the best-selling Anna Banana: 101 Jump-Rope Rhymes, here is a collection of nearly forty fingerplays and action rhymes that have been chanted, sung, and enjoyed for generations. Children and their parents can join the eentsy, weentsy spider in its climb up the waterspout, pretend to pound in a nail while singing "The Hammer Song," and tip their bodies over f ...more
Paperback
Published September 20th 1991 by HarperCollins (first published September 1st 1991)

To ask other readers questions about The Eentsy, Weentsy Spider, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Eentsy, Weentsy Spider

Paul  Hankins
My uncle who was visiting for the weekend once showed me how to make a machine from my hands. You scrunch up your fingers, pull the thumb back, and let the hand flop back and forth crazily. I don't know why, but I thought this was great fun. . .

I am going to be a little bold with this review. Could it be that we are seeing more and more fidgeting in the classrooms today because of the lack of movement we used to see as youngsters?

What would this look like for our kinesthetic learners to be able
My five and two year olds both enjoy the finger play rhymes and songs in this book.
Sheryl Tribble
Everyone who deals with a toddler or kindergartner regularly should have this book. Not sure how we would have survived car trips without it! Has all the ones I half-remembered from childhood and more. "This is the Church," "I'm a Little Teapot," "Where is Thumbkin?" "This Old Man," "The Wheels on the Bus," and so on. This is not really a book to read to little ones -- it's a book for parents or older siblings to use to learn the rhymes and motions.
Bethe
This one is old enough to not have a barcode to scan! The selection of rhymes and fingerplays are solid, however, most can be found in the huge bilingual fingerplay book. What makes this book stand out is the clear drawings for the motions and the musical arrangements for some selections at the back, for those of us who may have forgotten the melody.
Sarah Kramer
One of the best fingerplay books around. Simple, easy-to-learn, and with great illustrations. All the classics are in here.
MissInformation
Lots of fingerplays and action rhymes with illustrated gestures.
Amy
Brie
Brie added it
Apr 29, 2015
Catherine
Catherine marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2015
Heidi
Heidi marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2014
Lisa Julianna
Lisa Julianna marked it as to-read
May 19, 2014
Marlene
Marlene marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2014
Connie
Connie added it
Jan 03, 2014
Sabrina Robinson
Sabrina Robinson marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2013
Mar 28, 2013
Katie
Katie added it
Feb 03, 2013
Joanna Cole who also writes under the pseudonym B. J. Barnet is an author of children’s books who teaches science.

She is most famous as the author of The Magic School Bus series of children's books. Joanna Cole has written over 250 books ranging from her first book Cockroach to her famous series Magic School Bus.

Cole was born in Newark, New Jersey, and grew up in nearby East Orange. She loved scie
More about Joanna Cole...
Inside the Human Body (The Magic School Bus, #3) Lost in the Solar System (The Magic School Bus, #4) On The Ocean Floor (The Magic School Bus, #5) The Magic School Bus Inside Ralphie: A Book About Germs The Magic School Bus Sees Stars: A Book About Stars