Start by marking “Works by David Sedaris: Naked, When You Are Engulfed in Flames, Me Talk Pretty One Day, Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim” as Want to Read:

4.43  ·  Rating Details  ·  139 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
This is nonfiction commentary. Purchase includes a free trial membership in the publisher's book club where you can select from more than a million books without charge. Chapters: Naked, When You Are Engulfed in Flames, Me Talk Pretty One Day, Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim, Holidays on Ice, Santaland Diaries, Barrel Fever. Source: Wikipedia. Free updates online. ...more
Published June 24th 2010 by Books LLC

Kimbly
Jun 07, 2012 Kimbly rated it it was amazing
funny - I love David Sedaris. I feel like I know him, his family, his friends. He writes openly and honestly, and with such humor I find myself wiping tears from my eyes from laughing so hard. (which looks a little strange when listening to books on tape in the doctor's office).
Erin
Jan 10, 2015 Erin rated it liked it
People have described David Sedaris to me as "hilarious" and "sidesplittingly funny." I expected to have to to set the book down to hold my sides, they hurt so much from laughing. My expectations were not met. I laughed out loud once. That is not to say that I didn't enjoy the book; I did. I found the stories amusing and I liked the author's writing style. It was certainly worth the quarter I paid for it at a used book sale and the time I spent reading it. I just didn't think it was all that hil ...more
Elin Svanes
Aug 24, 2014 Elin Svanes rated it liked it
I just have to say I have not read many funny books, so this review will maybe not be the most accurately one. This book is a likeable biography based on the authors memories, anyway I feel like the chapters are build up like small stories of their own. While you read it you will laugh and almost cry, the book has a vary humor that make the book fit for everyone.
I did not like the last story naked nor some chapters containing depressing moments. The reason why I did not like naked was that, I
Debra McKenna
Oct 23, 2014 Debra McKenna rated it it was amazing
What can I say? If he writes it, I'll read it.
Bethany Ball
Sep 12, 2012 Bethany Ball rated it it was amazing
I love David Sedaris and the way he describes his life. He is so funny. His books always give me a great laugh. Light-hearted and fun.
Wanda
Feb 13, 2012 Wanda rated it it was amazing
Loved it and continue to re-read random stories for inspiration with my own writing.
Apr 30, 2012 Laura rated it it was amazing
Love the humour, wit & outrageous honesty by this wonderful, vulnerable writer!
Deborah Allison
Jul 26, 2012 Deborah Allison rated it it was amazing
Laugh out loud funny and often very true! Highly enjoyable reading!
Mattsmom
Aug 04, 2012 Mattsmom rated it it was amazing
Funny. Reread often. Most loaned or referred to friends.
Emma Rainey
Jul 07, 2012 Emma Rainey rated it it was amazing
I cried I laughed so much.
Austin
Jun 27, 2013 Austin rated it it was amazing
Love David Sedaris. One of my all-time favorite authors. Knows exactly how to sneak a surprising and comical twist into the story that you never see coming.
In
In rated it really liked it
Jul 12, 2016
Dawn
Dawn marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2016
Cass Thayer
Cass Thayer marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2016
John Dollarhyde
John Dollarhyde rated it it was amazing
Nov 13, 2015
Mred
Mred added it
Nov 06, 2015
Elizabeth Haddad
Elizabeth Haddad rated it liked it
Nov 09, 2015
M M
M M rated it really liked it
Sep 29, 2015
Tammy Thurston
Tammy Thurston marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2015
Monica
Monica rated it it was amazing
Jul 18, 2015
Katbox
Katbox rated it it was amazing
Jul 10, 2015
Sarah Elwell
Sarah Elwell marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2015
Ansie
Ansie rated it really liked it
Jun 22, 2015
Sonic
Sonic rated it it was amazing
May 11, 2015
Jan Schroeder
Jan Schroeder rated it it was ok
Apr 21, 2015
May Kao
May Kao rated it really liked it
Apr 05, 2015
Crystal
Crystal marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2015
Cheryl
Cheryl marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Technological Revolutions and Financial Capital: The Dynamics of Bubbles and Golden Ages
  • The Robber
  • The Secret of Scent: Adventures in Perfume and the Science of Smell
  • The Verificationist
  • Wasp
  • My Idea of Fun
  • King Solomon's Ring
  • Collected Works: Wise Blood / A Good Man is Hard to Find / The Violent Bear it Away / Everything that Rises Must Converge / Essays and Letters
  • At Last (The Patrick Melrose Novels, #5)
  • David Sedaris: Live For Your Listening Pleasure
  • The Man Without Qualities, Vol. 1
  • Interior Castle
  • Tesla: Man Out of Time
  • The Radetzky March  (Von Trotta Family #1)
  • On Intelligence
  • A Blue-Eyed Daisy
  • Ferdydurke
Books LLC is a reprint publisher of nonfiction and fiction which is out of copyright. Books LLC is not a licensed reseller or editor of modern, in-copyright novels.

Books LLC also publishes compilations of Wikipedia articles (e.g., Wikipedia articles about books, rather than the books themselves).
More about Books LLC...