Twitter for Dummies

Twitter for Dummies

3.35 of 5 stars 3.35  ·  rating details  ·  89 ratings  ·  23 reviews
A fully updated guide to the how and why of using TwitterThe fastest-growing social network utility sports new features, and they're all covered in this how-to guide from a leading Twitter marketing consultant. Nearly 20 million people are tweeting on Twitter, and this book shows you how to join them and why you should. You'll learn the nuts and bolts of using Twitter, how...more
Published July 9th 2010 by For Dummies (first published June 15th 2009)

Michael
Twitter is a dead simple application with dreadfully complex implications. After all, humans are complicated, and their interactions all the more subtle with arbitrary limitations; in this case, public messages of 140 characters or less. There's a tangible culture here, but only if you're willing to jump in.

This book helps you navigate the Twitter landscape and avoid common pitfalls, teaching you proper Twitter etiquette and its matching lexicon.

I know this because I co-wrote the book. Follow m...more
Christine Bode
Publisher: Wiley Publishing, Inc.
Released: 2009
Pages: 288
ISBN-10: 0470479914
ISBN-13: 978-0470479919
Stars: 4.0

Twitter™ for Dummies® is the second For Dummies® book I’ve read and I’ve noticed that they are all written by different authors (specialists on the subject matter), created using a formulaic outline that includes:

• an Introduction;
• a series of Parts divided into Chapters covering a wide range of subjects within the topic;
• a concluding Part called “The Part of Tens” – in this book we are...more
Liz Bits
This is a fantastic book if you are serious about maximizing Twitter's marketing and networking potential.

If you are already using Twitter, you will find the first two sections a little redundant, but if you are new to Twitter, these sections could not be more helpful. No assumptions of experience are made and the authors help you navigate through the initial set up of your profile and the basic uses and features of Twitter.

However, if you are an experienced or a new user, you will find that th...more
Socialbookshelves.com
Well, despite my copy being fairly out of date, Twitter for Dummies was actually informative - a nice surprise. What's interesting about Twitter, as the authors point out, is that there's so much variety in the third party applications available that you can never know about all of them.

It was also interesting to see what people were saying about services like Bit.ly and Dropbox back in 2009 - the authors gave the then-fledgling services a glowing review and predicted great things for them in th...more
Klf Barrett
Too old, twitter has updated too many times!
Trish
Was able to connect accounts, use hashtags, add widgets, set up desktop clients, understand the business uses of Twitter. Most basic questions answered reasonably clearly. I have to admit to a prejudice against "For Dummies" books for years. It is only when I absolutely cannot find another alternative will I pick one up. However, some of them, perhaps even many of them, are done well. They are clearly written and answer the questions I need answered. Why the prejudice? Can you guess? Vanity, ah...more
Chris
Although i only got a few new pieces of information from this book(after manually getting the hang of it prior to reading, i was able to read the book. Although the Kindle version contains inaccurate screenshots (and info too when referring to smartphone apps) due to its age and its authors refusing to update their book yet again, i found this book to be confusing to new Twitter users.
Lizette
This is a very comprehensive and basic book. Perhaps it was the wrong book for me, for I was interested in businesses using twitter. That was covered in chapter 10. Oh, well, the authors see twitter as vital as email (I don't share their high regard for it) and write entertaining tales and make concepts easy to grasp.
Emlyn Chand
A must, must read for anyone who hasn't yet figured out Twitter's potential to revolutionize web-based communication, especially pertinent for those who wish to build their networks and market themselves as writers, artists, or persons of business.
Gary
Actually, I read the "mini" edition that I bought on my Nook for $.99. Still not a bad intro to Twitter especially for a Dummy such as myself. At least, it helped make some sense of the medium.
Samuel
Because we all are Dummies at something, we just may not know yet. Easy book to start on Twitter right, before we create a disaster (very easy in the hyperspace).
Aauvi House
A very basic book. Not a lot of food for thought. A bit disappointing. Many of my Twitter questions that inspired me to purchase the book were never answered.
Marianne
Somewhat helpful, but already knew most of what was included ... might be good for someone who has never used Twitter ...
Brenda Kahn
It was serviceable, especially if one knows nothing about Twitter. I guess I knew more than I though.
A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol)
In today's fast-moving technology 2009 is a bit out of date. Some good info, but I need a newer book.
Farheen
I love the way these books are formatted, better than the other Twitter guide I checked out.
Laurie Holding
Twitter for people who aren't even Dummies yet. Waste of time for anyone who has even tweeted once.
Tom Guise
So many words, about 140 characters... And I still don't get it... Ha!Ha!
It must be me...:)
Tricia
For someone who knows little to nothing about Twitter, this was really very helpful.
Linda Cadose
This book was very easy for a learner to follow. It was very helpful in learning twitter.
Larry Hord
I must be hopelessly stupid 'cause this book for dummies didn't help me at all.
Djuna
good resource book
Camille
Camille marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
Mn99m2
Mn99m2 marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2014
Conny Orber
Conny Orber marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014