Start by marking “Aaron Bradley: Closet Detective” as Want to Read:
Aaron Bradley: Closet Detective

Aaron Bradley: Closet Detective

2.92  ·  Rating Details  ·  64 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
Aaron Bradley is restless. Despite a privileged upbringing, at twenty-seven he still hasn’t figured out who he is or what he wants to do with his life. Then his friend Joe, a successful public prosecutor, asks him for a favor that will change Aaron's life.

While investigating Joe’s enigmatic girlfriend Candice, Aaron meets Bo, an out-and-proud, easygoing waiter, causing un
Published (first published August 15th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Aaron Bradley, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Aaron Bradley

Kassa
Aug 30, 2010 Kassa rated it liked it
Aaron Bradley Closet Detective is a difficult story to review. Parts of it I liked quite a bit and this is an author I eagerly await for more but to be honest, I couldn’t buy into all of the characters and the story. Parts of the story are authentic, interesting, and above all the writing is very engaging and keeps the story interesting. Yet I couldn’t connect with the main characters, who are really the straight couple – Joe and Candice – while I liked Aaron. This is a mixed bag with good writi ...more
Chris
Jan 17, 2011 Chris rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, gay, mystery, 2011, ebook
1.5 stars. So-so m/m romance with an identity crisis. Calling this book Aaron Bradley: Closet Detective is deceptive - only a tiny part of the book is about the deeply closeted Aaron. Far more of the book is devoted to the mysterious Candice and her shenanigans. I think that this book, while definitely written in an engaging style, needed a lot of editing to give it some focus... and maybe it shouldn't have been published by Dreamspinner.
Timothy Owen
Aug 25, 2010 Timothy Owen rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
This book is incorrectly classified as gay erotica - if that's what you are expecting you will be very dissapointed. There is no sex in this book, only romance.

If you are looking for a fun amateur detective story, then read it. It is also completely hetero-friendly and in my opinion shouldn't even be classified as a gay book - half the characters in it are str8.

Thank you.
Arzu
This could have been a good and maybe even a great book, if the book would have been about the gay couple Aaron and Bo and not about Candice and her criminal mind/activities.
Timothy Owen
Aug 24, 2010 Timothy Owen rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition

Thank you.
Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
wont read because from the reviews looks like the book focus on Candice and her secrets and just not interested
Dean
Sep 21, 2010 Dean rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Meggie
Aug 23, 2010 Meggie rated it did not like it
The story started really well and interesting both characters
Aaron and his friend Joe where funny. Then the plot began and I have to say, it was totally boring and wasted read -_-. I will never read it again. And than that female role Candice...omg, why put a female into the story.

Blah...
Denise
Nov 14, 2010 Denise rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good read. My first from this author. Aaron, Bo, and Joe were great characters. Not 100% sure I liked the ending (how things turned out for Candice). Didn't need that visual!!
Jacqui
“Aaron Bradley: Closet Detective” seems to have been advertised primarily as a “gay romance novel”. However, this book, written by newcomer Timothy Owen, will appeal to a much wider audience and should not, in my opinion, be just limited to this “target readership”.

In fact in many ways the “romantic focus” of the novel is more on the straight couple, Candice and Joe, than on the gay couple, Aaron and Bo. Be that as it may, I believe that there is a little bit of something for everyone – includin
Lux
Dec 28, 2010 Lux rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gay-mystery
3.5 at best.

This story isn't really like the typical m/m romances I'm used to, and it's not a mystery novel at all as any mystery is immediately solved when the point of view switches over to Candice. Despite the novel hinting towards a story about Aaron Bradley, he feels more like a secondary character and Bo, the waiter come boyfriend, an even more minor character.

The story is divided into multiple POV's of which Candice and her relationship with Joe is more focused on than Aaron and his self
Roclaf Alter -Ego
Probably more like 2.5 stars.

This is more mystery with gay characters than gay mystery. The main focus is a straight female who leads the other characters on a merry game. Fun read in that light.

If you're looking for more than hinted at sex look elsewhere as there isn't any here. Evan the gay romance needs more in my opinion.

Jen Pinto
Mar 20, 2011 Jen Pinto rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. I was so engrossed in the plot that I lost track of time and wound up staying up so far past my bedtime that I doubt I'll be able to get up in the morning. The characters were so engaging and the plot was well thought out. The time line was laid out so well there wasn't a chance of getting confused.

If I was pressed to comment in a critical way about the only things I could say would be that I would have liked to have seen more of the dynamic between Aaron and Bo and
Buda
Jun 01, 2012 Buda rated it it was ok
Like the author's voice but there was just too much going on that I didn't care about. And really, a philosophical conversation about coming out right after Aaron and Bo have found Candice in a compromising position? Unlikely to say the least and boring as all hell.
Barry
Feb 27, 2012 Barry rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A good read. I really enjoyed this book, the characters were believable as was the storyline. I look forward to reading some more by this author.
Tinnean
Dec 16, 2011 Tinnean marked it as to-read
It sounds good, which is why I bought it, but I haven't started it yet. I'll get back to you once I have.
jules0623
Way too much focus on Candice and Joe for a book labeled "gay romance".
Salim
May 30, 2012 Salim rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
this book was really good but at points i felt it dragged on a bit.
Julie
Julie added it
Jun 03, 2016
Smch
Smch rated it it was ok
Mar 15, 2016
Sarah marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2016
Marlin Hambrick
Marlin Hambrick marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2016
Zach
Zach marked it as to-read
Dec 21, 2015
Brievon
Brievon rated it it was ok
Dec 07, 2015
Scherlock
Scherlock marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2015
Frank Claudy
Frank Claudy rated it really liked it
Dec 01, 2015
Dre
Dre added it
Oct 31, 2015
Elisa Rolle
Elisa Rolle marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2015
Jewelz
Jewelz marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Timothy Owen was born in a small suburb in Johannesburg, South Africa right in the middle of the apartheid era, a scary time of unrest and riots. Since the abolition of apartheid in 1991, South Africa has produced a constitution that is an example to the rest of the world, where all people, regardless of race, creed, gender or sexuality are truly equal in the eyes of the law. In 2006, South Africa ...more
More about Timothy Owen...