Aaron Bradley: Closet Detective

Aaron Bradley: Closet Detective

2.93 of 5 stars 2.93  ·  rating details  ·  56 ratings  ·  17 reviews
Aaron Bradley is restless. Despite a privileged upbringing, at twenty-seven he still hasn’t figured out who he is or what he wants to do with his life. Then his friend Joe, a successful public prosecutor, asks him for a favor that will change Aaron's life.

While investigating Joe’s enigmatic girlfriend Candice, Aaron meets Bo, an out-and-proud, easygoing waiter, causing un...more
Published (first published August 15th 2010)

Kassa
Aaron Bradley Closet Detective is a difficult story to review. Parts of it I liked quite a bit and this is an author I eagerly await for more but to be honest, I couldn’t buy into all of the characters and the story. Parts of the story are authentic, interesting, and above all the writing is very engaging and keeps the story interesting. Yet I couldn’t connect with the main characters, who are really the straight couple – Joe and Candice – while I liked Aaron. This is a mixed bag with good writi...more
Timothy Owen
Aug 25, 2010 Timothy Owen rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
This book is incorrectly classified as gay erotica - if that's what you are expecting you will be very dissapointed. There is no sex in this book, only romance.

If you are looking for a fun amateur detective story, then read it. It is also completely hetero-friendly and in my opinion shouldn't even be classified as a gay book - half the characters in it are str8.

Thank you.
Chris
1.5 stars. So-so m/m romance with an identity crisis. Calling this book Aaron Bradley: Closet Detective is deceptive - only a tiny part of the book is about the deeply closeted Aaron. Far more of the book is devoted to the mysterious Candice and her shenanigans. I think that this book, while definitely written in an engaging style, needed a lot of editing to give it some focus... and maybe it shouldn't have been published by Dreamspinner.
Timothy Owen
Aug 24, 2010 Timothy Owen rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition

Thank you.
Arzu
This could have been a good and maybe even a great book, if the book would have been about the gay couple Aaron and Bo and not about Candice and her criminal mind/activities.
Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
wont read because from the reviews looks like the book focus on Candice and her secrets and just not interested
Dean
Meggie
The story started really well and interesting both characters
Aaron and his friend Joe where funny. Then the plot began and I have to say, it was totally boring and wasted read -_-. I will never read it again. And than that female role Candice...omg, why put a female into the story.

Blah...
Denise
Good read. My first from this author. Aaron, Bo, and Joe were great characters. Not 100% sure I liked the ending (how things turned out for Candice). Didn't need that visual!!
Jacqui
“Aaron Bradley: Closet Detective” seems to have been advertised primarily as a “gay romance novel”. However, this book, written by newcomer Timothy Owen, will appeal to a much wider audience and should not, in my opinion, be just limited to this “target readership”.

In fact in many ways the “romantic focus” of the novel is more on the straight couple, Candice and Joe, than on the gay couple, Aaron and Bo. Be that as it may, I believe that there is a little bit of something for everyone – includin...more
Lux
3.5 at best.

This story isn't really like the typical m/m romances I'm used to, and it's not a mystery novel at all as any mystery is immediately solved when the point of view switches over to Candice. Despite the novel hinting towards a story about Aaron Bradley, he feels more like a secondary character and Bo, the waiter come boyfriend, an even more minor character.

The story is divided into multiple POV's of which Candice and her relationship with Joe is more focused on than Aaron and his self...more
Jen Pinto
I really enjoyed this book. I was so engrossed in the plot that I lost track of time and wound up staying up so far past my bedtime that I doubt I'll be able to get up in the morning. The characters were so engaging and the plot was well thought out. The time line was laid out so well there wasn't a chance of getting confused.

If I was pressed to comment in a critical way about the only things I could say would be that I would have liked to have seen more of the dynamic between Aaron and Bo and...more
Buda
Like the author's voice but there was just too much going on that I didn't care about. And really, a philosophical conversation about coming out right after Aaron and Bo have found Candice in a compromising position? Unlikely to say the least and boring as all hell.
Barry
A good read. I really enjoyed this book, the characters were believable as was the storyline. I look forward to reading some more by this author.
Tinnean
Dec 16, 2011 Tinnean marked it as to-read
It sounds good, which is why I bought it, but I haven't started it yet. I'll get back to you once I have.
Salim
this book was really good but at points i felt it dragged on a bit.
Bob E
Bob E added it
Jul 06, 2014
Rick
Rick marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2014
James
James added it
May 23, 2014
Greg Doornbos-Ross
Greg Doornbos-Ross marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2014
Sophie
Sophie marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2014
Kris Wessels
Kris Wessels marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2014
Elle
Elle marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2014
Debbie
Debbie added it
Feb 09, 2014
Joanne
Joanne marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Timothy Owen was born in a small suburb in Johannesburg, South Africa right in the middle of the apartheid era, a scary time of unrest and riots. Since the abolition of apartheid in 1991, South Africa has produced a constitution that is an example to the rest of the world, where all people, regardless of race, creed, gender or sexuality are truly equal in the eyes of the law. In 2006, South Africa...more
More about Timothy Owen...
The Killing Cycle