Start by marking “Morgan Freeman: A Biography” as Want to Read:
Morgan Freeman: A Biography

Morgan Freeman: A Biography

3.72  ·  Rating Details  ·  29 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Just one look into Morgan Freeman's eyes & it is clear that this is a man who has lived a full, sometimes hard life. To better appreciate his achievements & successes, Kathleen Tracy equally shows the triumphs, the struggles & the failures Freeman has overcome through an assortment of personal accounts & anecdotes.
Published July 10th 2006 by Barricade Books (first published June 25th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Morgan Freeman, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Morgan Freeman

Guo Hui
Jun 13, 2013 Guo Hui rated it really liked it
After watching all of Morgan Freeman's movies, i knew that for sure he was my favorite actor beyond the age of 50. This man is absolutely true and wise because of he views life. Not only does his narrations show this deep, soulful voice, his personality and mindset is even more profound. This man's experiences during his childhood are also very fun to read about. In this biography however, it's just a bunch of quotes slapped together in a book. I feel that if there was a book to be written about ...more
Leslie
Nov 25, 2013 Leslie rated it really liked it
Morgan Freeman is one of my favorite actors, and overall this book was pretty good, which is why I gave it 4 stars. It tells of how he approaches a character, but what was more fun was the back stories of some of the movies he played in. However, either the author or editor did not do their jobs because there's too many grammatical/spelling errors in the book. I'm noticing this more and more in books, and I have to wonder if there are any editors anymore.
Karen Okamoto
May 11, 2008 Karen Okamoto rated it really liked it
Shelves: april
I loved the biography of Morgan Freeman. He comes across very similar to how he was presented by Kathleen Tracy in the book.
He is an honest, thoughtful man, that is a good father, and grandfather model for us all. His attitude toward himself was humble and worthy of admiration. Definitely something I recommend reading.
Wellington
Jun 25, 2009 Wellington rated it liked it
I like Morgan Freeman even more after reading this book.

However, this is what i would call a formula book. The author mainly just cobbled together quotes from other sources. There are at least a couple quotes used twice in the book. Wonder if that was intentional?
Sharon
Dec 26, 2013 Sharon rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013
Great topic, I thought the authors writing style and how the book was put together was lacking. I would have learned more about person and less quotes. This is like some movies not a money maker, it was poorly written and put together.
Dawn
Jan 14, 2012 Dawn marked it as to-read
I got to page 36 and stopped...it was good, just got in one of those "lazy and don't feel like reading" moods and had to take it back to the library. I hope to finish it some other time.
Liz
Mar 08, 2013 Liz rated it liked it
I enjoyed discovering more about Morgan Freeman's life and philosophies, but felt this book was a bit thrown together, with quotes rather than how I'd like an autobiography to flow.
Gary Power
Gary Power rated it really liked it
Jun 18, 2016
Paskal Monfret
Paskal Monfret marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2016
Meghan
Meghan rated it liked it
May 26, 2016
JOSEPH CARACCI
JOSEPH CARACCI marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2016
Pro
Pro marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2016
Paul Bolton
Paul Bolton rated it liked it
Apr 02, 2016
Andrija Nekić
Andrija Nekić marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2016
Charles Alvarez
Charles Alvarez marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2016
Sara
Sara rated it did not like it
Jun 11, 2016
Tavares
Tavares rated it it was amazing
Jan 20, 2016
Lourdes M. Espinoza
Lourdes M. Espinoza marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2016
Jacqueline
Jacqueline marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2015
B
B rated it it was amazing
Dec 20, 2015
Nat Tanevesi
Nat Tanevesi marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2015
Gary Jefferson
Gary Jefferson marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2015
Trineisha Bridgewater
Trineisha Bridgewater marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2015
Isaac Higgins
Isaac Higgins marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2015
Sebastian Dudzik
Sebastian Dudzik rated it it was ok
Sep 16, 2015
Donny
Donny marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2015
Andrea Norton
Andrea Norton marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2016
Rustamova Adiba
Rustamova Adiba marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2015
Harold
Harold added it
Apr 07, 2015
Selim Kılıç
Selim Kılıç rated it it was amazing
Mar 31, 2015