Start by marking “Blossoms” as Want to Read:
Blossoms

Blossoms

LOVE IN BLOOM — Celebrate the arrival of spring with a bouquet of exquisite stories by five acclaimed authors of romantic fiction. Brimming with the richness and delicate beauty of the season's first flower, this wondrous collection reveals blossoming love in all its myriad colors and forms. Full of passion and promise, scandal and heartache, and rekindled desire, these ...more
Published April 1st 1995 by Signet

To ask other readers questions about Blossoms, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blossoms

Christy
Nov 05, 2011 Christy rated it it was amazing
Gave it 5 stars based solely on the Mary Balogh story, which is the only one I read. She is truly the master of the slow reveal. She doles out the backstory in little dollops at just the right pace. This was really a beautifully done short story. The Welsh setting and local color (who knew that the daffodil was a national symbol or that carving a spoon was a declaration of love?) made it even richer. The characters showed believable growth and really seemed like they deserved their HEA. And all ...more
Ilze
Feb 12, 2013 Ilze rated it really liked it
Shelves: mary-balogh
I only read Mary Balogh's story initially, over a year ago, and it was quite lovely. Read Patricia Oliver's story today and it is delightful - also 4 stars.

I'll have to get hold of more of Patricia Oliver's books - I know that several Regency romance lovers think very highly of the ones she wrote between 1992 and 2000 (also under the pseudonym Olivia Fontayne).
Diane Morris
Jul 26, 2014 Diane Morris rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Although anthologies tend to be uneven due to the shorter length and various authors, some good and some not so, this anthology is better than average.

The Forbidden Daffodils - Balogh - starts the book off with a tale of a young woman who ran away Greta Green with a fortune-hunter and was caught and returned to her family by a suitor; not her father, nor her two brothers. This ruins her an unequivocally as running away with the first man had ruined her. She refused to marry the man - a suitor sh
suzi
Mar 24, 2015 suzi rated it liked it
For aMary Balogh story: Near perfect hero for me. I love constancy in my heroes. And I like the all the effort but not so good results in terms of love gifts. I also liked that the heroine is not as shallow as I initially believed her to be. And I love the spinster aunts!
Georgeanne
I cannot recommend this book. I forced myself through three of the five stories and stopped partway through the fourth, so maybe the fifth was good - but I just didn't care for the rest. The characters were uniform in their stupidity and stubbornness.
Tasmia
Only read the Balogh - but it was really well done. Interesting conflict, out of the way setting, down-to-Earth characters - well, as down-to-Earth as genre romance gets, anyway.
Gillian
Gillian rated it it was amazing
Sep 26, 2013
Joan Lisanti
Joan Lisanti rated it really liked it
Jan 05, 2015
Amy
Amy rated it liked it
Jun 25, 2008
Nicole
Nicole rated it it was amazing
Jun 21, 2008
Lisa  Montgomery
Lisa Montgomery rated it really liked it
Aug 09, 2013
Connie
Connie rated it it was ok
Oct 19, 2016
Susannah Carleton
Susannah Carleton rated it really liked it
Nov 27, 2011
BonnieL
BonnieL rated it really liked it
Sep 02, 2010
Michelle
Michelle rated it it was amazing
Aug 23, 2013
Janice
Janice rated it liked it
Feb 02, 2014
Giang
Giang rated it liked it
Apr 30, 2011
Shawn
Shawn rated it it was ok
Nov 30, 2013
Kelly Wong
Kelly Wong rated it really liked it
May 11, 2008
ARomanceLover
ARomanceLover rated it liked it
Jan 24, 2016
Tammy
Tammy rated it really liked it
Aug 11, 2015
Donna Windom
Donna Windom rated it it was amazing
Feb 18, 2013
Randel
Randel rated it liked it
Nov 29, 2011
Elizabeth Murphy
Elizabeth Murphy rated it really liked it
Nov 19, 2014
Gmc
Gmc rated it it was amazing
May 20, 2013
Jo
Jo rated it liked it
Jul 28, 2015
Alba
Alba rated it really liked it
Dec 28, 2011
Shadal
Shadal rated it it was amazing
Aug 03, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
  • A Regency Christmas V
  • A Regency Christmas I
  • A Regency Christmas Eve
  • Regency Christmas Wishes
  • The Duke's Wager (Bessacarr, #1)
  • Fair Game
  • Coming Home for Christmas: A Christmas in Paradise\O Christmas Tree\No Crib for a Bed
  • Beyond Breathless (The Red Choo Diaries) (Harlequin Blaze #297)
  • The School for Heiresses (School for Heiresses, #2.5; Neville Family & Friends, #0.5; Desperate Debutantes, #3.5)
  • The Bar Sinister (Clanross,0.5)
  • The Bad Baron's Daughter
  • The Unexpected Wife
  • A Victorian Christmas
  • The Groom Came Back
  • Taken by Storm
  • A Deal With the Devil (Lorimer Family & Clan Cameron #4)
  • The Mammoth Book of Scottish Romance
  • Three Lords for Lady Anne
Mary Jenkins was born in 1944 in Swansea, Wales, UK. After graduating from university, moved to Saskatchewan, Canada, to teach high school English, on a two-year teaching contract in 1967. She married her Canadian husband, Robert Balogh, and had three children, Jacqueline, Christopher and Sian. When she's not writing, she enjoys reading, music and knitting. She also enjoys watching tennis and ...more
More about Mary Balogh...