Start by marking “Isobel Kuhn: The Canadian Girl Who Felt God's Call to the Lisu People of China” as Want to Read:
Isobel Kuhn: The Canadian Girl Who Felt God's Call to the Lisu People of China

Isobel Kuhn: The Canadian Girl Who Felt God's Call to the Lisu People of China

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating Details  ·  18 Ratings  ·  4 Reviews
An inspiring account of the Canadian girl who felt God's call to the Lisu people of China. A Women of Faith biography.
Published August 1st 1987 by Bethany House Publishers (first published July 1st 1987)

To ask other readers questions about Isobel Kuhn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Isobel Kuhn

Courtney
This was such a good book.Isobel's faith was amazing,she learned to listen to God and serve others.
Isobel Kuhn found a strength in herself she never knew was there. This book made me relize how lucky I am to have good health and in general an easy life. Her story encouraged me to want to serve God even more.
Allison
Favorite quote from this book: “Oh, God, this is a new venture for us and we feel like three zeros. But you are our leader who goes before us. You are Number One in front of the zeros and that makes one thousand!”
Dan
Jun 28, 2010 Dan rated it liked it
Isobel Kuhn has touched my heart and encouraged me deeply in the service of our Lord. The best thing about this book is that it encouraged me to read the writings of Isobel Kuhn. They are rich resources for learning to be fishers of men and women.

If you can only read one of Kuhn's books, read Green Leaf in Drought (which is not even about her). However if you want a rich blessing start with In the Arena and Nests Above the Abyss. You will not be disappointed, but you will be challenged!

Isobel wa
Olivia
Feb 05, 2015 Olivia rated it liked it
I had never really known about Isobel Kuhn until I found this book. It was very informative and easy to read.

The only thing that bugged me was the relationship between John and Isobel. There wasn't much said about it and it seemed like John was constantly away doing work in other villages. It almost seemed like they didn't have the same ministry. But it may have just been written that way because the book is supposed to be about Isobel. Not sure...
Clay
Clay marked it as to-read
May 03, 2016
Chloe
Chloe rated it liked it
Apr 10, 2016
Isabelle Ray
Isabelle Ray marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2015
Melanie Arias
Melanie Arias rated it really liked it
Aug 26, 2015
Robert
Robert added it
Jan 14, 2015
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2014
Emily
Emily rated it it was amazing
Jun 22, 2014
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
May 13, 2014
Jessica Lynn
Jessica Lynn marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2014
Jadyn Wells
Jadyn Wells marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2014
Celia
Celia rated it liked it
Sep 04, 2013
Stephanie Crawford
Stephanie Crawford rated it it was amazing
Jul 09, 2013
Nick
Nick marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2013
Cessily
Cessily marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2013
T
T added it
Jan 21, 2013
Meryl Davidson
Meryl Davidson rated it really liked it
Dec 08, 2012
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it really liked it
Sep 30, 2012
Joel Garrison
Joel Garrison rated it it was amazing
Sep 23, 2012
Rachel Keeth
Rachel Keeth rated it it was amazing
Sep 17, 2012
James Iorga
James Iorga rated it really liked it
Jul 16, 2012