Start by marking “Wolf Wing: Claidi Journals, Book IV” as Want to Read:
Wolf Wing: Claidi Journals, Book IV

Wolf Wing: Claidi Journals, Book IV (Claidi Journals #4)

3.77  ·  Rating Details  ·  2,472 Ratings  ·  54 Reviews
Claidi is back! Together at last, Claidi and Argul are looking forward to spending their lives together, but shocking news about Argul's mother-the powerful Ustareth-sends Claidi on one final adventure in an awesome new world. Fans of this witty and fast-paced fantasy series will be dazzled by the ultimate confrontation that awaits Tanith Lee's young heroine.
Published September 15th 2003 by Dutton Juvenile (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Wolf Wing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wolf Wing

Erin
Sep 07, 2015 Erin rated it liked it
Sadly, I found this to be the weakest of the books. It was packaged up nicely at the end as I expect from YA.
But since the second book, I felt that Claidi and Argul really lost chemistry. I didn't believe them as a couple anymore, which was really disappointing. Here I was rooting for them and at the end they didn't have the spark they once had. And everyone else being paired off was pretty cheap but forgivable. They just worked up the mother to be this amazing, magical being and then it's like
Eleanor Ambrose
Jan 05, 2015 Eleanor Ambrose rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Young Adults, Teens, Fantasy Lovers
So I was a little disappointed in the final book of this quartet. I feel that Tanith didn't really bring it all together. She launched so many tendrils around the mysterious Ustareth throughout the books and her explanation of how it all went down , who Ustareth was, and who Claidi was in relation to her just felt like a massive cop out. Like "LET ME TIE TOGETHER ALL THESE LOOSE STRINGS IN A REALLY VAGUE SUMMARY FASHION." It felt like a sloppy bow on the series.

The last book consisted primarily
Anne Osterlund
Claidi is off to rescue her old friend, Dengwi, from the House. Except it turns out Dengwi doesn’t need rescuing. And then it turns out that she does.

The question, of course, is whether life with Claidi and her new husband, Argul, can possibly be safer than anywhere else.

Wolf Wing is the fourth and most recent novel in Tanith Lee’s series about Claidi. Once again there is a grand new world to explore--one with trees that serve tea, sandwiches, and honey. Definitely channeled my Alice in Wonderla
Mia
Sep 18, 2014 Mia rated it it was ok
Shelves: despuesdehow
Sally
Ahmad Sharabiani
Wolf Wing (Claidi Journals #4), Tanith Lee
Story
Jul 28, 2014 Story rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It felt like a let down, the ending. "No, Claidi, you're really really royal this time and psychic to boot, despite you telling the sharkians otherwise." It's great example of what-not-to-do when plotting a novel. I was rather disappointed, as the other books felt like they had a bit more substance, and you could actually see things coming with good use of foreshadowing. Here, Lee pins everything on a big out-of-the-blue reveal. It was cheap.
Kaila
Not a great ending to not a great series. The family bloodlines are so damned complicated and I don't know why it was necessary. I didn't just stop caring about who was related to who, I NEVER cared. And...that's basically what the entire book is about. Bloodlines and weird settings that get described endlessly. I normally love the way Tanith Lee describes stuff but it wore on me big time in this series, maybe because of the narrator's voice.

Don't really recommend it.
Ava
May 15, 2015 Ava rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wolf Wing is the fourth and final book in The Claidi Journals, a quartet written as the fictional journals of Claidi as she goes out into the world, leaving the only home she'd ever known and encountering more than her fair share of bumps along the way. Lee has captured Claidi's voice wonderfully, making her an interesting and sympathetic narrator, and it is easy to fall into the amusingly quirky world being described.

This book brings Claidi back together with her love, Argul, and for awhile it
Teepet
Aug 20, 2008 Teepet marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
What?! I thought the series was over! Again. She (Lee) keeps wrapping up these Claidi books fairly nicely and I keep thinking that she's done, and then right about when it's been enough time for me to kinda forget about what happened in the last few books I find out that there's another one, I guess I'll add this to my to-read shelf o-o. It's not like these books are all that great, but something about them makes them hard to ignore. Haha, this is why I don't write reviews.
Megan Kirby
I don't know what to do about this series. These books are so insane that I can't even pick them apart. In this one, Claidi can FLY. And there is a tree that grows HAM. And she's kidnapped by walking, talking SHARKS. When I described it to a friend, she said, "It's like somebody wrote up a DeviantArt account" and she was so, so right. I was embarrassed by the cover art when I read on the train, but I didn't let that stop me. Anyway, I love them. I will carry them always in my heart.
Stephanie
May 01, 2014 Stephanie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
All of the mysteries are finally revealed in this final sequence of the "Claidi Journals!"

Argul and Claidi are finally together. They have magic, they have freedom, and they have each other. With her new-found power, Claidi tries to free the servants of the House only to find they have already revolted after her escape. With a summons from the dreadful Wolf Tower, she and Argul discover they are not as free of the Wolf Clan as they had thought. The enigmatic Ustareth has all the answers, and she
Buddy
Jan 13, 2014 Buddy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The pacing was very odd, but my love from the previous books have carried over, so I give this 5 stars. Bias acknowledged.

For the final book of a series, it was rather rocky and at times pretty puzzling. In many ways, I feel like the third book would have been a sufficient ending. But I'm certainly not going to object if Lee wants to write more. I love these books so much!

I have to really credit Tanith Lee for her imagination and her command of character perspective. In my opinion, it's Claidi's
Chelsie Unicornkind
Jul 06, 2008 Chelsie Unicornkind rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
I had to push myself to finish book 1, and then the following books, simply to find out what happens. Worse, I think the ending of the first book was better than the ending of the series. So unless you absolutely adore it, don't go beyond the first book.

This series is a very odd, confusing read. While the storyline is very good, and also very creative, the different cultures and towns she comes to are so bizarre that you are left wondering where in the world the author came up with it all. I su
Kaila
Jul 26, 2012 Kaila rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wolf Wing was enjoyable and I think the whole series by Tanith Lee was actually very good. It may be considered a short read but it really doesn't hurt any of her books. They were to the point and took off with a great an most interesting rate. The last book Wolf Wing was a good way to finish, and really answered all the questions. Plus the ending left me with a happy character ending and it has been awhile since i have read a book like so. I am happy with it and I think many others will share s ...more
Naomi
This book wasthe perfet way to end the Claidi Journals series. It was exactly what I least expected and still exactly what I wanteed to hear. Tanith Lee captures what raders look for in every word, right up to the end.
Maia B.
I like that his one wraps up all the loose ends while also providing a good storyline. The House is introduced again, and Jade Leaf is back; but I can feel sorry for her. I think. Sort of.

I was really disappointed in Jizania. I mean, she's a double-dealing, two-faced liar. And she's still, like, queen, even though they've converted the House to Communism.

But I really wish that Claidi and Argul found the Hulta at the end, instead of leaving it sort of open-ended. There could be another book - and
Abigail
Nov 06, 2014 Abigail rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I tore through this book, staying up late to find out what happens to Claidi and her beloved, who is his mysterious mother and how the final book ties up everything, of course. I loved it and am glad I bought a copy. Yes, all the burning questions are answered and there are shocking revelations which I won't spoil. But rest assured, all the characters have their questions answered and all the messy love triangles are sorted out. I always love a series that ends with the hero (in this case, girl) ...more
Candy Kane
This review will go for all the books in this series, and not just this book. Claidi, I like. Argul, I like. Other characters were okay. I did enjoy these books, though at times they are depresseing, because Claidi is trying to live a happy, free life with her true love, Argul, yet book after book there are countless detours and enemies in the way of that dream.

Generally, I don't like journal books. But these I like, because I enjoy reading what Claidi has to say. I like how she writes it so th
Emma
Jun 05, 2016 Emma rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Why did this series have to end??
Kelly
Oct 08, 2015 Kelly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Somewhat better than the first 3 but still kind of weird
Amanda
Jan 22, 2015 Amanda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved these books as a teen!
Kaye
Jun 16, 2016 Kaye rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Full of Tanith Lee's imagination, this was a book written for a young female reader. I fear I am past the age to fully appreciate it.
Norman Howe
Science-Fiction
scarlettraces
(3.5)
Tiffany
Oct 23, 2011 Tiffany rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
First off, I enjoyed this series. Do not get me wrong. I would recommend it. However, by the end of this book, I was just ready for the series TO END. It seems to have way too many plot twists, and everything just "falls" into place at the end... but there seemed to be so much that "didn't belong" from the origination of the series. Perhaps it was just me, and it won't stop me from recommending the book, but I could have been happy ending with Book 3.
Josie
Jan 22, 2009 Josie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jennifer Craig
May 26, 2016 Jennifer Craig rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Jennifer by: Elizabeth Bridges
This last book in the series will keep you guessing. There were some slow parts to it, but the ending was worth the weight. All of your questions get answered and the characters are well taken care of. This series is a good fantasy/sci-fi genre with a sprinkle of dystopian elements. This is a good series for young adults and appropriate for all ages.
PoisonCupcakes
I loved this series...but my overall reaction to this installment, if I recall correctly, was something like: "?!?! #$%#$@!!1 *@#$@$^!!! WHAT THE *EXPlETIVE REMOVED*!!!!"

At least Claidi got a somewhat happy ending...
Andie
May 26, 2016 Andie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I didn't get to finish this series as a kid, so I re-read it as an adult. This one is a little less action packed than the rest, but a good, long ending. Reminds me of the final Chronicles of Narnia.
  • The Seventh Tower (The Seventh Tower omnibus, #4-6)
  • Exploring Philip Pullman's His Dark Materials: An Unauthorized Adventure Through The Golden Compass, The Subtle Knife, and The Amber Spyglass
  • The Ruby Princess and the Baby Dragon (The Jewel Kingdom, #9)
  • Transformation (Water, #3)
  • Wild Boy (Rowan Hood, #4)
  • Crown and Jewel
  • Treasure at the Heart of the Tanglewood
  • The Courage to Choose (W.I.T.C.H. Chapter Books, #15)
  • The Seventh Princess
  • Shadows Over Balinor (Unicorns of Balinor, #8)
  • The Edge on the Sword
Tanith Lee was a British writer of science fiction, horror, and fantasy. She was the author of 77 novels, 14 collections, and almost 300 short stories. She also wrote four radio plays broadcast by the BBC and two scripts for the UK, science fiction, cult television series "Blake's 7."
Before becoming a full time writer, Lee worked as a file clerk, an assistant librarian, a shop assistant, and a wai
More about Tanith Lee...

Claidi Journals (4 books)
  • Wolf Tower (Claidi Journals, #1)
  • Wolf Star (Claidi Journals #2)
  • Wolf Queen (Claidi Journals, #3)