Wolf Wing: Claidi Journals, Book IV

Wolf Wing: Claidi Journals, Book IV (Claidi Journals #4)

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  2,050 ratings  ·  37 reviews
Claidi is back! Together at last, Claidi and Argul are looking forward to spending their lives together, but shocking news about Argul's mother-the powerful Ustareth-sends Claidi on one final adventure in an awesome new world. Fans of this witty and fast-paced fantasy series will be dazzled by the ultimate confrontation that awaits Tanith Lee's young heroine.
Published September 15th 2003 by Dutton Juvenile (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Wolf Wing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wolf Wing

Anne Osterlund
Claidi is off to rescue her old friend, Dengwi, from the House. Except it turns out Dengwi doesn’t need rescuing. And then it turns out that she does.

The question, of course, is whether life with Claidi and her new husband, Argul, can possibly be safer than anywhere else.

Wolf Wing is the fourth and most recent novel in Tanith Lee’s series about Claidi. Once again there is a grand new world to explore--one with trees that serve tea, sandwiches, and honey. Definitely channeled my Alice in Wonderla...more
Teepet
Aug 20, 2008 Teepet marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
What?! I thought the series was over! Again. She (Lee) keeps wrapping up these Claidi books fairly nicely and I keep thinking that she's done, and then right about when it's been enough time for me to kinda forget about what happened in the last few books I find out that there's another one, I guess I'll add this to my to-read shelf o-o. It's not like these books are all that great, but something about them makes them hard to ignore. Haha, this is why I don't write reviews.
Stephanie
All of the mysteries are finally revealed in this final sequence of the "Claidi Journals!"

Argul and Claidi are finally together. They have magic, they have freedom, and they have each other. With her new-found power, Claidi tries to free the servants of the House only to find they have already revolted after her escape. With a summons from the dreadful Wolf Tower, she and Argul discover they are not as free of the Wolf Clan as they had thought. The enigmatic Ustareth has all the answers, and she...more
Megan Kirby
I don't know what to do about this series. These books are so insane that I can't even pick them apart. In this one, Claidi can FLY. And there is a tree that grows HAM. And she's kidnapped by walking, talking SHARKS. When I described it to a friend, she said, "It's like somebody wrote up a DeviantArt account" and she was so, so right. I was embarrassed by the cover art when I read on the train, but I didn't let that stop me. Anyway, I love them. I will carry them always in my heart.
Buddy
The pacing was very odd, but my love from the previous books have carried over, so I give this 5 stars. Bias acknowledged.

For the final book of a series, it was rather rocky and at times pretty puzzling. In many ways, I feel like the third book would have been a sufficient ending. But I'm certainly not going to object if Lee wants to write more. I love these books so much!

I have to really credit Tanith Lee for her imagination and her command of character perspective. In my opinion, it's Claidi's...more
Chelsie Unicornkind
I had to push myself to finish book 1, and then the following books, simply to find out what happens. Worse, I think the ending of the first book was better than the ending of the series. So unless you absolutely adore it, don't go beyond the first book.

This series is a very odd, confusing read. While the storyline is very good, and also very creative, the different cultures and towns she comes to are so bizarre that you are left wondering where in the world the author came up with it all. I su...more
Story
It felt like a let down, the ending. "No, Claidi, you're really really royal this time and psychic to boot, despite you telling the sharkians otherwise." It's great example of what-not-to-do when plotting a novel. I was rather disappointed, as the other books felt like they had a bit more substance, and you could actually see things coming with good use of foreshadowing. Here, Lee pins everything on a big out-of-the-blue reveal. It was cheap.
Sally
Kaila
Wolf Wing was enjoyable and I think the whole series by Tanith Lee was actually very good. It may be considered a short read but it really doesn't hurt any of her books. They were to the point and took off with a great an most interesting rate. The last book Wolf Wing was a good way to finish, and really answered all the questions. Plus the ending left me with a happy character ending and it has been awhile since i have read a book like so. I am happy with it and I think many others will share s...more
Maia B.
I like that his one wraps up all the loose ends while also providing a good storyline. The House is introduced again, and Jade Leaf is back; but I can feel sorry for her. I think. Sort of.

I was really disappointed in Jizania. I mean, she's a double-dealing, two-faced liar. And she's still, like, queen, even though they've converted the House to Communism.

But I really wish that Claidi and Argul found the Hulta at the end, instead of leaving it sort of open-ended. There could be another book - and...more
Candy Kane
This review will go for all the books in this series, and not just this book. Claidi, I like. Argul, I like. Other characters were okay. I did enjoy these books, though at times they are depresseing, because Claidi is trying to live a happy, free life with her true love, Argul, yet book after book there are countless detours and enemies in the way of that dream.

Generally, I don't like journal books. But these I like, because I enjoy reading what Claidi has to say. I like how she writes it so th...more
Tiffany
First off, I enjoyed this series. Do not get me wrong. I would recommend it. However, by the end of this book, I was just ready for the series TO END. It seems to have way too many plot twists, and everything just "falls" into place at the end... but there seemed to be so much that "didn't belong" from the origination of the series. Perhaps it was just me, and it won't stop me from recommending the book, but I could have been happy ending with Book 3.
Josie
PoisonCupcakes
I loved this series...but my overall reaction to this installment, if I recall correctly, was something like: "?!?! #$%#$@!!1 *@#$@$^!!! WHAT THE *EXPlETIVE REMOVED*!!!!"

At least Claidi got a somewhat happy ending...
Kaylie
A better ending for the series than the disappointing third. This one was lighter on plot but full of wonders, more like the second, and therefore more to my taste.
Lauren
The story is wrapped up, with some interesting twists, and new looks into familiar characters. And Nemian, from book 1, gets put in his place. Satisfying.
Alyssa
Never really resolved the relationship struggles between the two main characters. I'm guessing she'll take a few more books to solve that one.
Christine
This last book just about killed me. With its fantastic 'scapes and incredible plot, here I was again, stuck in my mind of Claudi!
Ilana
little bit of a let down after the 1st three, but I was content that Lee chose to wrap up the series rather than let us hang...
Kelly
A fun conclusion to a beautiful series. Rich, imaginative detail coupled with interesting characters makes for a lovely YA read.
Hannah
The last book was a huge disappointment. There really was no need for her to write this for the series to be complete.
Arwen
I read the entire series of Claidi Journals but this series isn't as good as the Unicorn books by Tanith Lee.
Marissa
Good wrap-up to the series. Answers to many of the questions posed throughout the rest of the novels are revealed.
Jessie H.
Interesting ending to the series. It was as enjoyable as the third book. Not at all what I was expecting.
Melissa Apple
Not as good as the first three. This should have been the end of the third book.
Krista
it was an ok book a good ending but it didnt keep my interest as much!
Megan Hietala
NEVER MIND FINALLY FOUND IT! I KEPT ON TYPING IN WOLF FLOWER...LOL!
!!
June
This was a let down for me after the others. It just all got a bit too much.
Meghan
Fantastic series comes to an end.
Savannah Studstrup
The last one... What will I do?!
  • The Seventh Tower (The Seventh Tower omnibus, #4-6)
  • Transformation (Water, #3)
  • Treasure at the Heart of the Tanglewood
  • The Bridge (Bracken Trilogy, #1)
  • Wild Boy (Rowan Hood, #4)
  • The Edge on the Sword
  • The Courage to Choose (W.I.T.C.H. Chapter Books, #15)
  • The Emerald Princess Plays a Trick (The Jewel Kingdom, #3)
  • Search For the Star (Unicorns Of Balinor, #5)
  • Timeless Love
  • Song of the Unicorns (Avalon: Web of Magic #7)
  • The Seventh Princess
  • Something Wicked (Horatio Wilkes Mysteries, #2)
  • Snowfall
  • Song of the Wanderer (Unicorn Chronicles, #2)
  • The Waterless Sea (The Chanters of Tremaris, #2)
  • The Princess Tales, Volume I (The Fairy's Mistake, The Princess Test, Princess Sonora and the Long Sleep)
  • The Talisman (Daughters of the Moon, #10)
Tanith Lee is a British writer of science fiction, horror, and fantasy. She is the author of 77 novels, 14 collections, and almost 300 short stories. She has also written four radio plays broadcast by the BBC and two scripts for the UK, science fiction, cult television series "Blake's 7."
Before becoming a full time writer, Lee worked as a file clerk, an assistant librarian, a shop assistant, and a...more
More about Tanith Lee...
Wolf Tower (Claidi Journals, #1) Wolf Star (Claidi Journals #2) Wolf Queen (Claidi Journals, #3) Black Unicorn (Unicorn, #1) White as Snow