Start by marking “Wolf Wing: Claidi Journals, Book IV” as Want to Read:
Wolf Wing: Claidi Journals, Book IV

Wolf Wing: Claidi Journals, Book IV (Claidi Journals #4)

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  2,280 ratings  ·  46 reviews
Claidi is back! Together at last, Claidi and Argul are looking forward to spending their lives together, but shocking news about Argul's mother-the powerful Ustareth-sends Claidi on one final adventure in an awesome new world. Fans of this witty and fast-paced fantasy series will be dazzled by the ultimate confrontation that awaits Tanith Lee's young heroine.
Published September 15th 2003 by Dutton Juvenile (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Wolf Wing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wolf Wing

Erin
Sadly, I found this to be the weakest of the books. It was packaged up nicely at the end as I expect from YA.
But since the second book, I felt that Claidi and Argul really lost chemistry. I didn't believe them as a couple anymore, which was really disappointing. Here I was rooting for them and at the end they didn't have the spark they once had. And everyone else being paired off was pretty cheap but forgivable. They just worked up the mother to be this amazing, magical being and then it's like
Anne Osterlund
Claidi is off to rescue her old friend, Dengwi, from the House. Except it turns out Dengwi doesn’t need rescuing. And then it turns out that she does.

The question, of course, is whether life with Claidi and her new husband, Argul, can possibly be safer than anywhere else.

Wolf Wing is the fourth and most recent novel in Tanith Lee’s series about Claidi. Once again there is a grand new world to explore--one with trees that serve tea, sandwiches, and honey. Definitely channeled my Alice in Wonderla
Eleanor Ambrose
Jan 05, 2015 Eleanor Ambrose rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Young Adults, Teens, Fantasy Lovers
So I was a little disappointed in the final book of this quartet. I feel that Tanith didn't really bring it all together. She launched so many tendrils around the mysterious Ustareth throughout the books and her explanation of how it all went down , who Ustareth was, and who Claidi was in relation to her just felt like a massive cop out. Like "LET ME TIE TOGETHER ALL THESE LOOSE STRINGS IN A REALLY VAGUE SUMMARY FASHION." It felt like a sloppy bow on the series.

The last book consisted primarily
Mia
Sally
Rebecca
Wolf Wing is the fourth and final book in The Claidi Journals, a quartet written as the fictional journals of Claidi as she goes out into the world, leaving the only home she'd ever known and encountering more than her fair share of bumps along the way. Lee has captured Claidi's voice wonderfully, making her an interesting and sympathetic narrator, and it is easy to fall into the amusingly quirky world being described.

This book brings Claidi back together with her love, Argul, and for awhile it
Teepet
Aug 20, 2008 Teepet marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
What?! I thought the series was over! Again. She (Lee) keeps wrapping up these Claidi books fairly nicely and I keep thinking that she's done, and then right about when it's been enough time for me to kinda forget about what happened in the last few books I find out that there's another one, I guess I'll add this to my to-read shelf o-o. It's not like these books are all that great, but something about them makes them hard to ignore. Haha, this is why I don't write reviews.
Megan Kirby
I don't know what to do about this series. These books are so insane that I can't even pick them apart. In this one, Claidi can FLY. And there is a tree that grows HAM. And she's kidnapped by walking, talking SHARKS. When I described it to a friend, she said, "It's like somebody wrote up a DeviantArt account" and she was so, so right. I was embarrassed by the cover art when I read on the train, but I didn't let that stop me. Anyway, I love them. I will carry them always in my heart.
Story
It felt like a let down, the ending. "No, Claidi, you're really really royal this time and psychic to boot, despite you telling the sharkians otherwise." It's great example of what-not-to-do when plotting a novel. I was rather disappointed, as the other books felt like they had a bit more substance, and you could actually see things coming with good use of foreshadowing. Here, Lee pins everything on a big out-of-the-blue reveal. It was cheap.
Stephanie
All of the mysteries are finally revealed in this final sequence of the "Claidi Journals!"

Argul and Claidi are finally together. They have magic, they have freedom, and they have each other. With her new-found power, Claidi tries to free the servants of the House only to find they have already revolted after her escape. With a summons from the dreadful Wolf Tower, she and Argul discover they are not as free of the Wolf Clan as they had thought. The enigmatic Ustareth has all the answers, and she
Buddy
The pacing was very odd, but my love from the previous books have carried over, so I give this 5 stars. Bias acknowledged.

For the final book of a series, it was rather rocky and at times pretty puzzling. In many ways, I feel like the third book would have been a sufficient ending. But I'm certainly not going to object if Lee wants to write more. I love these books so much!

I have to really credit Tanith Lee for her imagination and her command of character perspective. In my opinion, it's Claidi's
Chelsie Unicornkind
I had to push myself to finish book 1, and then the following books, simply to find out what happens. Worse, I think the ending of the first book was better than the ending of the series. So unless you absolutely adore it, don't go beyond the first book.

This series is a very odd, confusing read. While the storyline is very good, and also very creative, the different cultures and towns she comes to are so bizarre that you are left wondering where in the world the author came up with it all. I su
Kaila
Wolf Wing was enjoyable and I think the whole series by Tanith Lee was actually very good. It may be considered a short read but it really doesn't hurt any of her books. They were to the point and took off with a great an most interesting rate. The last book Wolf Wing was a good way to finish, and really answered all the questions. Plus the ending left me with a happy character ending and it has been awhile since i have read a book like so. I am happy with it and I think many others will share s ...more
Maia B.
I like that his one wraps up all the loose ends while also providing a good storyline. The House is introduced again, and Jade Leaf is back; but I can feel sorry for her. I think. Sort of.

I was really disappointed in Jizania. I mean, she's a double-dealing, two-faced liar. And she's still, like, queen, even though they've converted the House to Communism.

But I really wish that Claidi and Argul found the Hulta at the end, instead of leaving it sort of open-ended. There could be another book - and
Abigail
I tore through this book, staying up late to find out what happens to Claidi and her beloved, who is his mysterious mother and how the final book ties up everything, of course. I loved it and am glad I bought a copy. Yes, all the burning questions are answered and there are shocking revelations which I won't spoil. But rest assured, all the characters have their questions answered and all the messy love triangles are sorted out. I always love a series that ends with the hero (in this case, girl) ...more
Candy Kane
This review will go for all the books in this series, and not just this book. Claidi, I like. Argul, I like. Other characters were okay. I did enjoy these books, though at times they are depresseing, because Claidi is trying to live a happy, free life with her true love, Argul, yet book after book there are countless detours and enemies in the way of that dream.

Generally, I don't like journal books. But these I like, because I enjoy reading what Claidi has to say. I like how she writes it so th
Amanda
Loved these books as a teen!
Norman Howe
Science-Fiction
Tiffany
First off, I enjoyed this series. Do not get me wrong. I would recommend it. However, by the end of this book, I was just ready for the series TO END. It seems to have way too many plot twists, and everything just "falls" into place at the end... but there seemed to be so much that "didn't belong" from the origination of the series. Perhaps it was just me, and it won't stop me from recommending the book, but I could have been happy ending with Book 3.
Josie
PoisonCupcakes
I loved this series...but my overall reaction to this installment, if I recall correctly, was something like: "?!?! #$%#$@!!1 *@#$@$^!!! WHAT THE *EXPlETIVE REMOVED*!!!!"

At least Claidi got a somewhat happy ending...
Kaylie
A better ending for the series than the disappointing third. This one was lighter on plot but full of wonders, more like the second, and therefore more to my taste.
Lauren
The story is wrapped up, with some interesting twists, and new looks into familiar characters. And Nemian, from book 1, gets put in his place. Satisfying.
Alyssa
Never really resolved the relationship struggles between the two main characters. I'm guessing she'll take a few more books to solve that one.
Christine
This last book just about killed me. With its fantastic 'scapes and incredible plot, here I was again, stuck in my mind of Claudi!
Ilana
little bit of a let down after the 1st three, but I was content that Lee chose to wrap up the series rather than let us hang...
Kelly
A fun conclusion to a beautiful series. Rich, imaginative detail coupled with interesting characters makes for a lovely YA read.
Hannah
The last book was a huge disappointment. There really was no need for her to write this for the series to be complete.
Arwen
I read the entire series of Claidi Journals but this series isn't as good as the Unicorn books by Tanith Lee.
  • The Seventh Tower (The Seventh Tower omnibus, #4-6)
  • Exploring Philip Pullman's His Dark Materials: An Unauthorized Adventure Through The Golden Compass, The Subtle Knife, and The Amber Spyglass
  • Transformation (Water, #3)
  • Crown and Jewel (Bracken Trilogy, #2)
  • The Jewel Princesses and the Missing Crown (The Jewel Kingdom Super Special, #1)
  • Treasure at the Heart of the Tanglewood
  • Wild Boy (Rowan Hood, #4)
  • Secrets Of the Scepter (Unicorns Of Balinor, #6)
  • Song Quest (The Echorium Sequence, #1)
  • The Princess Tales, Volume I (The Fairy's Mistake, The Princess Test, Princess Sonora and the Long Sleep)
  • Wren's Quest (Wren, #2)
  • Timeless Love
  • The Light of the Oracle (Healer and Seer, #3)
  • The Seventh Princess
  • Secret Powers (Winx Club)
Tanith Lee was a British writer of science fiction, horror, and fantasy. She was the author of 77 novels, 14 collections, and almost 300 short stories. She also wrote four radio plays broadcast by the BBC and two scripts for the UK, science fiction, cult television series "Blake's 7."
Before becoming a full time writer, Lee worked as a file clerk, an assistant librarian, a shop assistant, and a wai
More about Tanith Lee...

Claidi Journals (4 books)
  • Wolf Tower (Claidi Journals, #1)
  • Wolf Star (Claidi Journals #2)
  • Wolf Queen (Claidi Journals, #3)
Wolf Tower (Claidi Journals, #1) Wolf Star (Claidi Journals #2) Wolf Queen (Claidi Journals, #3) Black Unicorn (Unicorn, #1) White as Snow