The Zombie Chronicles

The Zombie Chronicles (The Zombie Chronicles #1)

3.61 of 5 stars 3.61  ·  rating details  ·  235 ratings  ·  26 reviews
It was the start of another ordinary day at the office for Max, he was emailing a friend when one of his other early morning co-workers called for his help, someone was having a heart attack. Rushing to the aid of his fallen co-worker Max knew one thing, it wasn't a heart attack. Heart attack victims didn't bleed and didn't start chewing on anyone they could catch either.
Published January 20th 2010 by Smashwords, Inc. (first published March 5th 2009)

Midu Hadi
Kirk Allmond
I love this book. I love the entire series. I've read countless zombie novels, my kindle is full of them. This book is one of the very few that takes the idea of zombies and makes it his own. If you're one of those "Zombies have to be slow and stupid" people, this probably isn't the book for you. If you like genuine characters, and a unique twist on zombies that makes them even scarier, then you should give this a shot.
Amanda T
Grep
DISCLAIMER - I am pretty much a Romero Zombie Purist. I have also read a lot of uninspired, paint by the numbers Zombie books and stories in the past 3 years, so if you are going to switch it up - it better be damn good and create a world with characters I want to visit over and over again.

Mr Clodi succeeds were many have failed. I enjoy the company of many of these characters and care about where the groups of survivors end up.

His writing and stories improve with each book, trust me, the traini...more
Shelley
I greatly enjoyed this zombie book. The play between zombie and human is an interesting twist. I'm looking forward to reading the next two books.
John L
May not be the "popular" zombie idea, but its a fresh twist, and makes them scarier! I enjoyed it immensely!
Justine
An interesting find on the free books list in my iPhone iBooks bookstore. The zombies in this story differ from the "normal" stereotypical zombies we know of: mindless, slow, shuffling, rotting corpses intent only on devouring the living. There are some zombies like this in the book, but there are also "smart" zombies: ones who can talk and look normal, and ones who are fast and have super strength. The zombies are also able to regenerate after receiving wounds; they can grow appendages back and...more
Elaine Wong
I bought this book for $1.02 off of Chapters. It is worth every penny.

Let's start with the flaws. Oh, the flaws.

The writing is terrible. The author swaps between past and present tense randomly. The characters have stilted, unnatural-sounding speech. Punctuation and odd paragraphing feels like I'm editing a sixth grader's first story. Contractions are rare, which honestly makes people sound robotic. Mark Clodi consistently makes the same spelling mistakes: cubicle instead of cubical, conscience...more
Stuart
It's ironic that the author's note at the end says he made a dozen passes through the book looking for errors; large parts just don't make sense due to a mix of grammatical errors, typos and words that are nothing like what (I assume) were intended. That might be a function of the transfer to Kindle but it really messes up the flow of the book.

That aside, the premise of the book was pretty sound - zombies with more intelligence than the stereotypical "nnnnng, braaaains" foot-draggers - it's just...more
Bryanne
This is one of the most interesting takes on a zombie novel that I have ever read. If you want to read something that will have you second guessing everything you thought you knew about Zombie's than this is the book for you. Definately a lights on kind of read!
Michael
I enjoyed a different take on the Zombie creation and spread, the infected are scarier than some other versions and the theme of how they develop and spread seems well developed in this first book of the series.
April
When the undead begin to think on their own and become almost invisible. The way this book unfolded was truly believable. This book was a new twist to the old stories but the twists were even believable. You take a million people attacked all at once by an unknown and see who lives and who dies, then you take the ones who die and give them a brain to think with and change their demeanor to act like they should when they are dead and wow you got this book. Yes there were a lot of typos and gramma...more
Jenn Swanson
This had the potential to be an awesome story. The part about zombies developing further when feasting on humans was original, at least to me. However, there were a LOT of errors in this story that made it hard for me to get through. Normally I am a quick reader but I kept finding myself pausing to bitch about the errors instead of enjoying the story. At this time, I am still debating on whether I want to continue this series. The first book was free but the others cost cash and I'm not sure if...more
Rachel MacNaught
It's a two star in writing, dragged down mainly by its abrupt and bounce around opening. Good premise and the story flows pretty well after the first half. Characters aren't worth noting, though I like the dynamic of the child zombies and vampire-esque take overall.
It built into something entertaining at the very least, though, so I would have landed on three stars if it wasn't such a strange progression and build to the meat of the story.
Alyssa
Should have kept this on the "will not finish" shelf
Conny
I got this book as a free download and I liked it. It had a bit of a different twist on the zombie subject and I found it very interesting. It is the first book of three and I will be checking them out just to see this through to the end, and hopefully get all my questions answered. The book started out with a bang and it never really let up. I did like the characters and really hope they will make it.
Kyle
This is the beginning of my absolute favorite zombie series. It is not the best example of perfect grammar or editing, but that aside Mr. Clodi's imagination is addictive. He has blended horror, zombies, action, and superheroes in a way I have never come across before. There is not a book in this series I have read less than twice.
Shannon
I liked it. It was a little hard to understand at times, misspelled words, he/ she mixes, ect. The concept of smart zombies eating to get smarter is scary. Also it seemed liked slot of kids were killed " on stage". I'm really looking forward to book 2.
Kilgallen
Overall I enjoyed this book. A clever twist on the plight of the Zombie. I like that the Zombies are not all creature but that they have real character depth as well.
They already have a name for intelligent zombies who are really fast, can regenerate when hurt, and communicate with their thoughts, they are called vampires.
Shelly Graham
I love zombie books, it's my small obsession. These books are awesome. I am obsessed with the story and can't get enough.
Terry Carr
A little different take on the zombie apocalypse. Smart zombies!
Terri
Absolutely loved this!! There is a lack of usable abbreviations but that did not take anything away from the story!!
James
I sincerely hope the writer is a bright minor. I got this as free book of the day on Amazon. Still overpriced.
Jimilee
I'm not even able to finish this book because the grammatical and spelling errors are driving me batty!
Jackie
Why give zombies the power to think? Not a fan of that idea..
Heather
Talking, thinking, telepathic zombies? Nuh-uh. That's going too far.
Angela
Angela marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
  • The Secret Apocalypse (Secret Apocalypse, #1)
  • Valley Of Death, Zombie Trailer Park
  • Arcadium (Arcadium, #1)
  • LZR-1143 Within
  • The Unwashed Dead (Zombie Armageddon #1)
  • Trudge (Surviving the Zombie Apocalypse, #1)
  • The Zombie Chronicles (Apocalypse Infection Unleashed, #1)
  • Ravage
  • After Life
  • Gehenna (West of Hell #1)
  • Zombie Day Care (Impact, #1)
  • Darlings of Decay
  • Affliction Z: Patient Zero
  • Deadlocked
  • Origins (Zombie Games, #1)
  • GAMELAND: Deep Into The Game (S. W. Tanpepper's GAMELAND, #1)
  • Out of Darkness (The Starborn Saga, #1)
  • Fortress Britain (Arisen, #1)
The Zombie Chronicles 2: Discovery The Zombie Chronicles 3: Ascension Undead Advantage, A Zombie Chronicles Novel About a Woman, A Zombie Chronicles Novel Collapse, Tales of the Zombie Chronicles