Start by marking “Deathstalker Coda” as Want to Read:
Deathstalker Coda

Deathstalker Coda (Deathstalker #8)

4.01 of 5 stars 4.01  ·  rating details  ·  1,153 ratings  ·  19 reviews
As prophesied, Owen Deathstalker has returned to save the Empire from the mysterious entity known as the Terror-leaving his descendant Lewis with the task of leading an army against the legions of the madman who has usurped the throne.
Published March 7th 2006 by Roc (first published February 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Deathstalker Coda, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deathstalker Coda

Becca
Note: This review contains spoilers, so don’t read it unless you've read Coda (and the previous books) or don’t care about spoilers.

Before I say anything else, I just want to make it clear – despite my many complaints, I do love this book. It is a very worthy ending to the series, enjoyable… but I just don’t think that it is one of those books you finish, leap up and down and wish there was a six star rating instead of five.

From the start, Green makes it clear that this book is not about Owen De
[ A ]
And so ends the tale of the Deathstalkers and their varied companions. A fitting end with all characters given their fair share of the story. Even though it seems as if Mr. Green has left room for future stories in the Deathstalker universe, I hope he chooses NOT to return. This novel has wrapped up the loose ends and while I hate to never see these characters again-- it's only fair that they are now allowed to rest. Deathstalker luck is supposedly always bad, however, so we'll see!
Tanith
This is the last of the Deathstalker series.
It is done perfectly and I have to wonder if Mr Green had figured out every plot before putting ink to paper.

Everything fell into place with Deathstalker Coda. And it was done magificently. Green is the best Sci-fi writer in my eyes, and the Deathstalker series is the best of the best. This series is witty, bloody and has the best lines EVER.

Owen and Hazel...the perect characters for a perfect series.
Fred
Great, great, series. This far into it I was still impressed and couldn't put it down and thats saying a lot for a series of like six or seven books.
Jeffrey
Couldn't resist to see what happens to some interesting characters, but was again left wondering why I bothered.
Jbarry900
Notice the rating? Yup.

Stephen King wrote, in his book On Writing, about some jackass that used to write potboilers. His method was simple - everytime you get stuck - spin the WHEEL OF DESTINY and it would kick out a plot point.

I'm pretty sure this guys is that jackass's grandson. After finishing this - the last in the series, I want go back in time with A) a map to Simon Green's grandfather house in general and his testicles in particular and B) a ball-peen hammer. That's the only way to get b
I wanted to wait to review this until I had read the whole series. And now I am sad because it is all done. I really enjoyed this series a lot.
The character development had just the right balance and the writing style has a really good flow.
One of my favorite books is Santiago by Mike Resnick and if you have ever read that then definitely give Death stalker a try!
Heidi
"The conclusion to the Deathstalker series gives us not one, but TWO Deathstalkers running around being so very Deathstalkerish. I really liked this as an ending to the series. Our heroes all get to finally embrace their power, evil is brought low, and the central romance between Hazel and Owen is finally resolved. Mostly. She STILL doesn't say she loves him outloud. I enjoyed Green's perspective on time travel and seeing so many of the series's mysteries come to (usually surprising) resolution"
S.P. Durnin
The last in the galaxy-spanning Deathstalker epic.

Just like every other book he's written in this outstanding series, Simon R. Green's "Deathstalker Coda" DELIVERS. One liners in the face of impending doom, friends and enemies swapping roles, and more action than you can shake a plasma rifle at.

If you're going to read this, don't cheat yourself. Read the rest of the series first.

"Shandrakor! Shandrakor!"
Savion
It has to much of a force campy thing going one with it every in really serious moment and this author likes to repeat almost everything and it hates my intelligence.
Kathy
An amazing ending ( or new beginning) for Owen and Hazel, two of my favorite characters ever!!
Billy
It's a crazy, weird ending but I think in this case it works.
Pylades
The end. I'll miss the Deathstalker clan and their bad luck.
Great ending to an engrossing series
Kristy Buzbee
The final Deathstalker installment.
Troy
Great series! Was hard to put down
Philip Athans
Last book in a long, fun series.
Maritza
Sep 14, 2007 Maritza rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Yes I would
I was sad to see it end
Tim Butchart
Tim Butchart marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2015
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2015
Mato
Mato marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2015
Wilana
Wilana added it
Jul 29, 2015
Klipper421
Klipper421 marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2015
Jerome Fletcher
Jerome Fletcher marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2015
  • Shades of Gray (Sholan Alliance, #8)
  • The World Before (Wess'Har Wars, #3)
  • Grail (Jacob's Ladder, #3)
  • Overkill (Orphan's legacy, #1)
  • March to the Stars (Empire of Man, #3)
  • Choice of the Cat (Vampire Earth #2)
  • The Ashes of Worlds (The Saga of Seven Suns, #7)
  • Cold Steel: Bolos 6
  • For More Than Glory (Legion, #5)
  • Starship: Mutiny (Starship, #1)
  • Children of Hope (Seafort Saga, #7)
  • Death's Head   Maximum Offense (Death's Head #2)
  • Interstellar Patrol
41942
Simon Richard Green is a British science fiction and fantasy-author. He holds a degree in Modern English and American Literature from the University of Leicester. His first publication was in 1979.

His Deathstalker series is partly a parody of the usual space-opera of the 1950s, told with sovereign disregard of the rules of probability, while being at the same time extremely bloodthirsty.

Excerpted
More about Simon R. Green...

Deathstalker (8 books)
  • Deathstalker (Deathstalker, #1)
  • Deathstalker Rebellion (Deathstalker, #2)
  • Deathstalker War (Deathstalker, #3)
  • Deathstalker Honor (Deathstalker, #4)
  • Deathstalker Destiny (Deathstalker, #5)
  • Deathstalker Legacy (Deathstalker, #6)
  • Deathstalker Return (Deathstalker, #7)
Something from the Nightside (Nightside, #1) Agents of Light and Darkness (Nightside, #2) Nightingale's Lament (Nightside, #3) Hex and the City (Nightside, #4) Sharper Than a Serpent's Tooth (Nightside, #6)

“Last night I dreamed I was still human, but now I have woken up, into something better. Farewell, my friends, farewell.” 9 likes