Start by marking “The Horizon” as Want to Read:
The Horizon

The Horizon

3.41  ·  Rating Details  ·  123 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
When Quade swoops in to save his archenemy, Sol, from bloodthirsty Cybers, he doesn't expect to find himself almost torn apart, terrified beyond imagining and even worse-declaring his love for her.

Now they're trapped on Sol's spaceship, both half-insane due to the Cybers pumping them full of some lust drug. If they can't get a hold of themselves quickly, they're going to b
Published September 10th 2010 by Ellora's Cave

To ask other readers questions about The Horizon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Horizon

Become a Reviewer: Register Today

Print This Review
A NIGHT OWL REVIEWS BOOK REVIEW
Reviewed by: Erona Diane Hill
Oh, Charlotte Stein, I am in love with you! Well, specifically your characters, plots, and insanity!
"The Horizon" was a literal ride of my life! With its roller coaster ups and downs, I was nauseous, excited, horrified, and ecstatic! I simply
CaroB
So, I'll start with a disclaimer: Futuristic / Sci-fi is not at all my favourite genre.
But gee, I enjoyed the heck out of this one! Sweet, funny, sexy and it had an enjoyable plot! I always enjoy this author's writing style and this story was no different in that front.
Delphine Dryden
Sep 11, 2010 Delphine Dryden rated it it was amazing
Shelves: prurient
While I've long appreciated Charlotte Stein's humor in blog and tweet form, I really didn't appreciate just how funny her writing is until I dipped into The Horizon. Wonderful, wonderful characterizations, just enough interesting plot to keep the pace brisk and give the sex plenty of context. The Horizon has smart-ass spacers, horrific cyber-villains, humor, pathos, wild monkey sex...pretty much everything I look for in a book. Liked it so much after the first read, I just flipped back to the st ...more
LynnMarie
Dec 04, 2010 LynnMarie rated it it was amazing
Hunter's Review

The Horizon is a humorous book. It is really, really funny and Charlotte Stein manages to do what is really difficult, which is to combine the humorous with science fiction, action, and hot erotic romance—and—make it work! I really enjoyed reading this book. It was such a fast paced read that I wizzed through it loving every second.

I recommend this book for fans of hot heroes, science fiction, and action packed erotic romance. I will be picking up more Charlotte Stein books!

5 Tea
Petra Grayson
Feb 17, 2014 Petra Grayson rated it really liked it
This was one of those really fun, sexy books. Charlotte Stein by herself is always a winner in my opinion, but Charlotte Stein does space cowboy is practically the cutest thing ever – in a filthy, sex-obsessed way of course. It's got cowboy slang with just a hint of british grammar, so it took some thinking on my part to understand the sentences, but those are some of the funnest books for me to read.

Imagine some alien species, somewhere between Cybermen from Doctor Who and Vidiians from Star Tr
Madeline Iva
Jul 01, 2016 Madeline Iva rated it it was amazing
Shelves: erotic-romance
Charlotte Stein can do anything! Contemporary, paranormal -- and now, we see she can do s/f as well. Hero and heroine are hot as Hades. The situation unfolds with excellent unexpected plot twists and the sex is hot and real feeling. Short, sharp, and dramatic--like a punch to the gut or a crush that leaves you dizzy.
Valerie
May 01, 2016 Valerie rated it it was amazing
While I don't usually read sci-fi romance genres, I will give anything Charlotte Stein writes a try, and I wasn't disappointed. The relationship between Quade and Sol, while combative and sarcastic throughout, make their personalities perfect for one another. It was a quick read, and again, I found myself wanting more of their world, and a continuation of Sol and Quade's romance. It was funny, smart, tense, hot, and most of all, a must read!!
RIF
Apr 29, 2014 RIF rated it liked it
Charlotte Stein is great, love her character's dialogue, and even more, the utterly unselfconscious, "rude" inner dialogue. This one was a little too sci-fi, I guess, for me, but her hallmark sexiness and quirky love were still there.

Nonetheless I'd recommend one of my 4-5 star ratings if you're looking for a book to start your foray into this fantastic erotic author.
Mmeguillotine
Oh Charlotte Stein, how I do adore you. Hilarious wit, scorching heat and high terror in deep space. I really couldn't have asked for anything more.
Stella Sensuelle
Apr 10, 2015 Stella Sensuelle rated it it was amazing
I loved this book so hard. Space ship, sexytimes, cheeky banter and a heroine who is secretly a cyborg. Awesomeness.
Antonia Gregory
Nov 02, 2013 Antonia Gregory rated it really liked it
Shelves: saucy-stuff
Good characterisation and great environment building. Would have like to have seen more of the world they lived in but there was just enough to feel like I was in that setting without waffling. It had a very nice and interesting storyline with good, natural humour. I felt like most of the second half was from Sol's POV and would have like to have seen more of Quade's during the fun time. Still enjoyable, and as always Stein's writing style has me all warmed up with excitement, regardless of what ...more
WhoKnew
Nov 09, 2012 WhoKnew rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
Going onto my favorites shelves. The opening dialogue was quick and intelligent, building a world with humor without TELLING (all caps are on purpose) the reader what it is they are witnessing. Therefore, the writer successfully demonstrated this world in which the characters lived through the use of communication not straight exposition.

Stein, as always, writes the lurve scenes with "satisfaction".
J.A. Canter
Mar 30, 2013 J.A. Canter rated it it was amazing
This book is one of her best! It's funny, logical, heartbreaking, suspenseful and passionate all at the same time. So much creativity went into this one - it's one of the ones that really made me love her as an author overall and honestly - I hope that maybe someday she'll break away from erotica so my mom can read her books, too!
Erin
Erin rated it liked it
Jul 15, 2016
Pat Winter
Pat Winter marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2016
Fxnexo
Fxnexo marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2016
Marebel
Marebel marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2016
Carey
Carey marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2016
Joanne  Lavelle
Joanne Lavelle rated it it was amazing
Jun 11, 2016
Ronni
Ronni rated it really liked it
Jun 09, 2016
Bea
Bea marked it as to-read
May 23, 2016
H. Carlin
H. Carlin rated it it was amazing
May 19, 2016
Lina Fraser
Lina Fraser is currently reading it
Jun 27, 2016
Lauren
Lauren marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2016
K
K marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2016
Sarahfaith
Sarahfaith rated it liked it
Apr 27, 2016
Janet
Janet marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2016
Everett
Everett rated it it was amazing
Apr 22, 2016
Ben
Ben rated it it was ok
Apr 20, 2016
  • One Night With You
  • Always You
  • BIG Temptation
  • Take Your Teddy to Work Day (Her Teddy Bear, #2)
  • Can't Get Enough (Harlequin Blaze #211)
  • My Stone Lover
  • Just For Fun (The Bradfords, #4)
  • The Tower (Erotic Bedtime Stories, #1)
  • Riding West (Untamed, #1)
  • For Her Pleasure
  • Bishop's Angel
  • Mr. Insatiable
  • Breath on Embers
  • The Kiss
  • Quincy's Woman (Eclipse Heat, #1)
  • Sinful Deception (Covert Affairs, #1.3)
  • Her Brother, Her Hero
  • Getaway (Shivaree, #2)
3200938
Charlotte Stein is the RT and DABWAHA nominated author of over fifty short stories, novellas and novels. When not writing deeply emotional and intensely sexy books, she can be found eating jelly turtles, watching terrible sitcoms and occasionally lusting after hunks. For more on Charlotte, visit: www.charlottestein.net
More about Charlotte Stein...

“Certainly seems it when she half-turns in his arms and he just leans right down into her and kisses and kisses. Oh, how syrupy-slow his kisses are. She could live in those warm, wet pulls.” 1 likes
“Their legs tangle together real easy. His hand goes over hers, fingers interlacing. So natural, too, as though they’d never said a harsh word to one another in their lives.” 0 likes