Start by marking “Into the Wild (The McGraws, #2)” as Want to Read:
Into the Wild (The McGraws, #2)

Into the Wild (The McGraws #2)

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  207 ratings  ·  23 reviews
She needs adventure.
He needs taming.
Things are about to get wild...

When River Kane's fiancé abandons her at the altar for being too conventional, she's heartbroken. But everything changes when her estranged archaeologist father sends her his journal—filled with cryptic maps and a note indicating he's in mortal danger. Worried, River faces her greatest fears and flies to th
Published August 24th 2010 by HQN Books (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Into the Wild, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Into the Wild

May
Sep 10, 2010 May rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Um... bored people who like action/adventure + romance?
Seduced by reference to classic action/adventure with romance flicks such as Romancing the Stone I had to give this author a shot. I jumped in giddy about a new book like I haven’t been in quite some time.

River Kane is a wedding photographer whose explorer parents left her to be raised with her grandparents so they could continue their wild lifestyle chasing treasure and myth. The result? A germ phobic control freak who is struggling to keep it all together just weeks after being dumped at the
Into the Wild is more of a companion novel to Out of Eden than a sequel. Although we occasionally see or hear about Kylie and Jack, it would be a stretch to even consider them secondary characters. Into the Wild is about River and Spenser's romance. Or to be more exact, the book is about River and Spenser's adventure in the jungle with romance making an appearance every now and then.

River is neurotic about germs and bugs. Her need to control her life and her future is what caused her fiance to l
Kit★
I'm not much for contemporary romances, but this one was given to me, and I never pass up free books. The back cover description sounded kind of interesting in an Indiana Jones kind of way, so I gave it a chance. It was a decent read, I'd recommend it for the beach or the airport, anywhere you need to be distracted for a little while. River was a somewhat interesting character, what with her germ-phobias and bug-phobias, but she was still determined (if sometimes a little too stubborn) to do wha ...more
Amanda
This was my first Beth Ciotta book. I wanted to me adventurous and step out of my normal authors. I liked this book. I had no idea that it was book 2 of 2 and that there was another one I should have read first. It however turned out that it really didn't matter. This was a cute read however very entertaining and adventurous, it was also crazy farfetched. I know that was probably the point to certain extent and I did my best to remember that. It was just that there were certain things that just ...more
Barbara ★
Even though River Kane is estranged from her father, when she receives a mysterious package from him she heads off to South America to rescue him. Of course, she doesn't speak the language and needs to find a guide and this is where Spenser McGraw enters the picture. Spenser is her girlfriend's brother and the star of a adventurous television show. River is reluctant to trust Spenser because he's a treasure hunter just like her father but he's the only option so off they go.

Even though River wa
Mcfree
I kind of felt like this book was a bad Indiana Jones knock-off.

I could almost like the protagonist. She was a wimpy small town girl who runs off to the Amazon to find her missing father. She is over the top neurotic, afraid of and allergic to everything in the jungle. She meets up with a good guy and they fall prey to every stereotypical disaster Ciotti could think of. It just went too far. And the ending is unbearably unbelievable.

So, she is off my list of authors to follow. My high hopes wer
Ann Miller
I don't review books I don't finish, so I'm giving it 2.6 stars because I read it. The hero should have had a brain since he talked on TV for a living. Instead, he's a Rambo who drops f-bombs for nouns, verbs, and various other parts of speech. He calls the heroine Angel instead of her name--something that likely only annoyed me. It must have been the feisty heroine, who really does have a brain, and the adventure that kept me reading.
Missy Fleming
I absolutely loved this book!! I myself wrote an adventure, I'm a huge fan, and this one really sweeps the reader into the jungles of South America. It still manages to give us a great romance too. The characters sizzle and I'd even love to see more of them. I thought the ending was appropriate too *spoiler* not every book has to end with finding that priceless treasure.

Fantastic read!!
Samantha
First off... This is a part 2?! Well... On the bright side it can be read as a stand alone, because that's what I did. This quirky book was full of adventure and romance. I felt both balanced well, I found myself getting caught up in gold fever and wanting to know where the treasure was. River, was a mess but fun, I loved how she evolved in the story. Definitely glad I picked it up!!
Carrie
A good follow up to Out of Eden, I loved reading about Spencer's adventure with River. I really enjoyed how in touch Spencer was with himself, recognizing his feelings for River very quickly. River was frustrating though, fighting the attraction (and the relationship) the whole way, but the important thing was that she came around.
Amanda
Book #57 of 2011

Just looking through my books and realized I forgot to add this one! No idea when I finished it... but sometime in September at any rate.

This was a decent book. I kind of wish there had been more actual adventure and less lead up to the adventure. But I still liked it quite a bit!
Megumi
A cute and fluffy read. Fast pace and fun, though sometimes you want to yell at the main character to not do what shes about to do or roll your eyes at her antics it doesn't take away from the story and the chemistry of the two main characters. I enjoyed it!
♡ Sassy ~ Amy ♡
Very Cute! Great story. Light romance, meaning it wasn't detailed, although they were always kissing or having sex. Ended great and very solid. No loose ends... adventurous, and a quick one day - 6 hour read. actually that depends on your speed...
Trickey
This book was fine. It was an adventure romance. The characters are ok, if not that interesting. BUT the epilogue at the end was one of the worst things I've ever read in my life. Barf. No redemption.
Pam Masters
It's a typical romance in that it's an easy read, and at the end they live happily ever after. What I liked so much about it is that it there's a bit of action and adventure with the story.
Amber(Shyloh)
Fun book, and I loved River and Spenser, I just wished they spent more time actually in the wild and less time talking about it.
Christi Snow
I enjoyed this book. Simply a fun adventure book that's great for an afternoon's entertainment.
Amber Dickinson
Exotic locale, treasure hunt, sexy man... What else could a girl ask for?
Andra
adventure, a little mystery, a little romance
Nikki
Loved this book it was fun and flirty!
Dawn Falconer
I really enjoyed this book.
Kayla
It was alright.
Priscilla
Priscilla marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2014
Emily
Emily added it
Nov 18, 2014
Carmen Staffen
Carmen Staffen marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2014
Ccamp
Ccamp marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2014
  • No Holding Back (The Garrisons, #1)
  • Special of the Day
  • Sister's Choice
  • All That You Are
  • Crazy For Love
  • Straight Up (Wild Hart Saga, #2)
  • NASCAR Holiday 2: Miracle Season/Season of Dreams/Taking Control/The Natural
  • More Than Words
  • Prelude to a Scandal (Scandal, #1)
  • Home is Where the Bark Is
  • A NASCAR Holiday: Ladies, Start Your Engines...\'Tis the Silly Season\Unbreakable
  • Whisper of Scandal (The Scandalous Women of the Ton, #1)
  • Lucky Break (Lucky Trilogy, #3)
  • Making Waves
  • Not Another New Year's (Holidays, #2)
  • Loves Me, Loves Me Knot (Chicks with Sticks #2)
  • The Night She Got Lucky (Dog Walkers, #2)
  • Wish You Were Here
Storytelling comes naturally to award-winning author Beth Ciotta. Limiting herself to one sub-genre does not. Dubbed “fun and sexy” by Publisher’s Weekly, Beth specializes in writing Romantic Comedy with a Twist of Suspense and is published in contemporary, historical, and paranormal romantic fiction. “I can’t think of anything more fulfilling than writing stories where everyone (except the villai ...more
More about Beth Ciotta...
Fool for Love (Cupcake Lovers, #1) Her Sky Cowboy (The Glorious Victorious Darcys, #1) Out of Eden (The McGraws, #1) The Trouble with Love (Cupcake Lovers, #2) Anything But Love (Cupcake Lovers, #3)