Start by marking “Waiter, There's a Clue in My Soup! Five Short Mysteries” as Want to Read:
Waiter, There's a Clue in My Soup! Five Short Mysteries

Waiter, There's a Clue in My Soup! Five Short Mysteries

Five previously published and award nominated mystery short stories by novelist Camille LaGuire.

In the title story, "Waiter, There's a Clue in My Soup!" two police detectives sort out a poisoning case over lunch at the deli, with a little help from a foodie in the corner. (This story was nominated for a Derringer award in 2003.)

"The Hoosegow Strangler" was the first story
Published by Camille LaGuire (first published August 4th 2010)

Be the first to ask a question about Waiter, There's a Clue in My Soup! Five Short Mysteries

Candy
Oct 10, 2010 Candy rated it liked it
The title story is definitely the best of the bunch in this collection of short stories and sample chapters of another book of the author's. It was cute, BUT from the title, I was envisioning a little more of the cozy mystery sleuth-type genre. Not a bad little short story collection, but not what I was expecting.

The other stories are well-done and edited. I read the sample chapters as well and I might look into the book, but it's not really my cup of usual tea, but I did add it to my list to th
Luke A. Bunker
Jul 04, 2011 Luke A. Bunker rated it really liked it
In all fairness, I'd probably give this 3.5 stars, and within in a few minutes changed it from 3 to 4 because 3 didn't seem fair. Contrary to other reviewers, I thought the first story (about a clue in soup) was hard to follow and somewhat pointless. What followed were four Western- and frontier-themed short stories, which I liked, even if they did tend to repeat statements in the individuals stories a bit too much.

All in all, I like this author's writing style and might give her other stuff a t
Uruviel
Jul 20, 2013 Uruviel rated it liked it
Shelves: mysteries
I've been spending a lot of time at the hospital with a family member who had surgery, so I've been trying to choose some short, easy reads (so much coming and going). That's what this collection of short stories delivered. A light, breezy reading. The gunslinger mysteries weren't my cup of tea, but they were entertaining enough. Nothing complicated so when doctors, nurses, and therapists came in, I could easily put the story down and pick up later.
Wendy
Aug 01, 2011 Wendy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought these were going to be more whodunnit type stories, like the first one, but they turned out to be more western themed. They were not badly written, but not really my cup of tea. I liked the Mick and Casey ones least, so I didn't read the teaser chapters for the novel.
Maria Schneider
Jun 10, 2012 Maria Schneider rated it liked it
Decent short stories a couple of which are "locked room" ones. Very well done. The first was the lightest, but the best. Came together well. The others are nice, competent mysteries with the last being a very dark tale. The later part of the book is the first few chapters of a book.
Julie Gardner
Jul 31, 2015 Julie Gardner rated it liked it
Not bad for short stories

Two of the stories were hard to follow. They needed to be set up a little better. Letting the reader know the timeline.
Audra
Sep 29, 2011 Audra rated it it was ok
They were short stories. I like them well enough, some were not as interesting as I would have liked.
Michelle's Book
Jul 21, 2016 Michelle's Book rated it really liked it
I was given an ARC in exchange for my honest opinion. This book cover is on my Pinterest board and my blog, Michelle Dragalin’s Journey.
Jenn Swanson
Jenn Swanson rated it liked it
Mar 06, 2015
Camille
Camille rated it liked it
Aug 15, 2011
Heather McCarthy
Heather McCarthy rated it it was amazing
Sep 25, 2014
Margaret Boehm
Margaret Boehm rated it did not like it
Sep 12, 2011
Sheila
Sheila rated it liked it
Jun 20, 2014
Milana
Milana rated it really liked it
Feb 28, 2016
Isha Varma
Isha Varma rated it liked it
Jan 17, 2016
Sharon
Sharon rated it liked it
Oct 11, 2011
Alice
Alice rated it liked it
Dec 08, 2014
Arlene D Murray
Arlene D Murray rated it liked it
May 01, 2014
Angela Mcghan
Angela Mcghan rated it it was ok
Oct 31, 2014
Jena
Jena rated it did not like it
Jul 08, 2011
Rebecca NJ
Rebecca NJ rated it it was ok
Jul 27, 2011
Tulsa
Tulsa rated it liked it
Jul 05, 2011
Ardyth
Ardyth rated it did not like it
Mar 03, 2014
Marlene Taylor
Marlene Taylor rated it really liked it
Aug 26, 2016
Devi Nair
Amazing book, the way the mysteries are solved are interesting
Michelle Johnson
Michelle Johnson rated it did not like it
Sep 05, 2014
Michael
Michael rated it liked it
Jul 16, 2011
Dwayne Keller
Dwayne Keller rated it really liked it
Mar 15, 2011
Ronda
Ronda rated it it was ok
Jul 04, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • The Curse of the Holy Pail (An Odelia Grey Mystery, #2)
  • Inspector Zhang Gets His Wish
  • Of Mice and Murderers (Z-Detective #1)
  • Striking Back
  • One O'Clock Jump: A Dorie Lennox Mystery
  • Legwork
  • Blood Money
  • Disturbed Earth
  • Too Near The Edge (Cleo & Tyler Mysteries, #1)
  • As the Crow Dies
  • Julius Katz Mysteries
  • Getting Away is Deadly (A Mom Zone Mystery, #3)
  • Impeding Justice  (A Lorne Simpkins Thriller, #2)
  • To Read or Not to Read
  • A Plunder by Pilgrims (Garrison Gage, #0.5)
  • The Watcher
  • One Small Victory
  • Mama Does Time (A Mace Bauer Mystery, #1)