Start by marking “An Unexpected Vintage (Bottled Up, #4)” as Want to Read:
An Unexpected Vintage (Bottled Up, #4)

An Unexpected Vintage (Bottled Up #5)

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  448 ratings  ·  29 reviews
Gary Keller is enjoying a cruise with new friends when he meets Scott Haworth, and unexpected attraction flares between them. But Scott has a past he's trying to leave behind; nine months earlier he was released from prison after almost a decade. The Innocence Project and DNA evidence exonerated of the crime, but the victim’s brother still holds him responsible.

Gary finds
Published April 5th 2010 by Dreamspinner Press (first published April 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about An Unexpected Vintage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about An Unexpected Vintage

Serena Yates
I loved this book. It has great sun-drenched descriptions of exotic cruise locations, interesting characters and a developing relationship with the kind of emotional depth I love to read about. Above all it contains a strong message of hope and shows the power of new beginnings.

The attraction between Gary and Scott is immediate and intense. The relaxed atmosphere of the cruise, the beaches and exotic locations they visit and the eternal sunshine of the Caribbean is a clear counterpoint to the te
Mandy*reads obsessively*
I think I might be mixing up the order of this series, not sure. Oh well, I'm nothing if not consistent in not getting the order of a series right. :)

3.5*

I know what to expect when I read an Andrew Grey book, a sweet story, with nice guys, some issues but not a lot of angst or drama.
The blurb sums it up well, Gary jumps in last minute as Phillip's roommate for a cruise, his first one and his first real splurge, life hasn't always been easy, but it's ok.
On the cruise he meets Scott, who is travel
Tam
3.5 Stars

This is book 3 in the Vintage series. Gary has had a bit of bad luck, getting laid off, no boyfriend, but he’s finally doing well in a new job, and making some new friends including the guys from the other books. At a party he meets Phillip whose roommate for a cruise they booked had to cancel. Everyone is going and they convince Gary to go. He and Phillip give it a whirl but he’s too vanilla for PA wearing Phillip but they stay friends. On the ship he meets Scott. Scott seems skittish
Asynia
For some reason I've kept buying books by Andrew Grey, because I thought that they might be for me, but before this one I've never actually read one. And now I'm not sure if I'll ever read the 10-15 other books I own by this author... So why have I kept buying the books? Because I've heard good things about Mr Grey's writings and that his books are (often) quite sweet and with "every-day-problems", as opposed to "big drama including sorcerers, FBI and alien space crafts". All those things can ha ...more
Nic
Gary "Unlucky and unremarkable, that was him." meets Tyler (his story is in book 1 The Best Revenge of the series) as part of his new job in town. He is a sales rep for a fabric company that supplies the fabric Tyler uses in his antique shop for reupholstering his furniture. Gary has had it tough, going through a number of jobs and has a fairly low self esteem.

Tyler befriends him and introduces Gary to the other friends in his group. While attending a party at Tyler and Mark's home, he learns of
Lily
3.5 out of 5 stars

This is the latest installment in the Bottled Up series and much like the author's prior works is a sweet love story with a bit of angst. The plot is simple but not boring and the description of life aboard the cruise ship left me wanting to go on vacation myself.

Complete review posted at Rainbow Reviews
T.M. Smith
Gary Keller is the newest edition to the ever expanding, close knit group of friends we get to visit with through the Bottled Up series. You will also get to meet Phillip in this installment, yes the same Phillip that ends up with Haven in the Range series. Gary and Phillip share a sexy night together that takes the edge off, but they mutually agree they are best off as friends.

Gary quickly meshes with the group and when one of the guys has to back out of their planned cruise, Gary takes his pla
L-D
Gary Keller is a last minute addition to a cruise when his new friend Phillip needs a roommate on the trip. While Phillip and Gary have no romantic designs for each other, they are good friends and know they will have fun. On the trip, Gary meets Scott, a man who is extremely shy and has a troubled past. Scott was convicted for rape and spent 10 years in prison, but the Innocence Project as well as DNA evidence has exonerated him. Unfortunately, it's not that simple to escape the past. While Gar ...more
Wendy Ann
I loved this installment of the Bottled Up series! The plot was very unique and different from anything I’ve come across to date. The author was able to make me feel a ton of empathy and pain for the horrible experiences that Scott had to endure, as well as happiness and hope for second chances and true love! I’m pretty sure I experienced a misty eye or two during a couple of spots in the story – a definite sign that I’m very invested in the characters and story:)

I thoroughly enjoyed getting to
Amber
This was just ok. Kind of boring and a little cheesy. Just my opinion. The sex scenes were the same every time between Scott and Gary. No variety or change in positions, etc...

Just not to my liking. Sorry:(
Shaz
This is a lovely continuation of the series. It's typical Andrew Grey: sweet, yet sexy and some added bits thrown in to make it interesting.

The settings in this one were gorgeous. I felt as if I was on the islands with the guys. It was also great to "see" familiar faces popping in from other Andrews Grey books... Gary seemed to undergo a quite remarkable character change from the beginning to the end of the book. And while I'm always expecting a bit of insta-love in these books, there seemed to
Donna
Listened to this on Audio, and it was fantastic, Gary was just so down to earth and Scott, just needed someone to help him through the difficult time, loved it
Barb ~rede-2-read~
I enjoyed this story though I hadn't read the previous books in the series. This one has the ingredients I like in Andrew Grey's books: a sweet romance with everyday heros facing everyday life problems. There's some angst, though not a lot. There is an undercurrent of hope throughout this story of Scott, a man wrongly imprisoned, and Gary, a nice average salesman, as they meet and fall in love on a Caribbean cruise. It's not an immediate sail away into the future of happiness but they manage to ...more
Lillyg
I'd say 2.5 stars

Awww Phillip is THE Phillip from the range series. And we even have Kota doing a cameo!
Seiran
I thought this was a great addition to the bottled up series. We get to read about previous characters in the series with the addition of characters from the gym series, and Phillip who goes on to start the Range series. There is nothing overly angsty in this book, which is typical Andrew Grey writing. I love the bottled up series but I do have to admit this is my least favorite for some reason.

The writing is great as always, and you do need to read the series in order to understand the charact
Jamie
I liked this book mostly because it was entertaining to read about the MCs cruise and the good times they had with their friends. The MCs themselves were fine and sympathetic and very sweet. They were both damaged, one more than the other and there is a bit of crisis involved, but it all just seems to get smoothed away. Reading this is like a nice vacation.

Gennie Gee
I really liked this book and especially Scott. I also loved the convergence of three series characters. The only confusion is the way Philip is described in this book seems a little different than the Philip we meet when he makes it to the Range series and Wyoming...
Shannon
This was a nice read. Had some frustrating parts and some sad parts but overall very nice. The smexing was borderline hawt which I love and we had a shy, damaged MC that just broke my heart. For some reason this book read long to me but I did enjoy the ride.
Bonnie
I love this book and every other one in the series. Scott is one of my favorites of all Andrew's characters. You can't help but love him and cheer for him to have his happy ending. I would like to see more of him.
Marlobo  ~wants half stars & Comments LIKE button~
Skipped because the author rated this book. That makes me not want to read it since I think that such behavior is unethical.

NOTE: Me rating with one star it is a way to offset such auto-rating.
Amy
I found this book a total drag. It took me a while to read it, I just could not get into it at all. There was a lot of telling, not showing, and I didn't connect to the characters at all.
Indigo
As I feared, even though this is a well-written story with very good characters' back-ground and so on, I had the worse case of getting into this. Enjoyable read.
James
Again, another Andrew grey book that left me with wanting more and feeling not enough development was done.
Arzu
3,5 stars, but I rated it 4 as the plot made me longing for a holiday!! A nice sweet read!!
Nikko
This is much better than the previous one!! Lurrrrve it!!
Bookbee
I think I fell a little in love with Scott! ;)
Stephanie
I absolutely LOVED this story!
Karin
Karin marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2015
  • Good to Know (Good to Know, #1)
  • The Guardian
  • The Only Easy Day (Sanctuary, #2)
  • Betrayed (Cursed #2)
  • Glen & Tyler's Honeymoon Adventure
  • Seducing the Sheik (Bodyguards in Love, #5)
  • Deadly Slumber (Deadly Mystery, #4)
  • Clouds and Rain (Clouds and Rain #1)
  • The Hired Man
  • Armed and Dangerous (Dangerous Ground, #1-4)
  • Touch Me Gently
  • Simple Men
  • Taste (Horizons, #2)
  • Simple Gifts (Cornwall Novellas, #2)
  • L.A. Bytes (L.A., #4)
  • Talons of the Condor (Condor, #2)
  • Shying Away (Shying Away #1)

m/m romance author
More about Andrew Grey...

Bottled Up (5 books)
  • Master of the Revels (Bottled Up, #1)
  • The Best Revenge (Bottled Up, #2)
  • Bottled Up (Bottled Up, #3)
  • Uncorked (Bottled Up, #4)
Love Means... No Shame (Farm, #1) Love Comes Silently (Senses, #1) A Shared Range (Range, #1) Love Means... Courage (Farm, #0.5) Love Means... No Boundaries (Farm, #2)