Start by marking “The Executive Officer’s Wife” as Want to Read:

4.33 of 5 stars 4.33  ·  rating details  ·  9 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Target: Libby Calhoun. She’s independent and strong-willed, the daughter of a near infamous Marine Corps sniper. Libby’s been raised by the resident housekeeper, has learned to take care of herself over the years and doesn’t take crap off anyone. She’s also sassy and pretty darn cute. After one failed marriage she’s not in the market for love, a husband or any semblance of...more
Kindle Edition, 2nd Edition
Published September 16th 2011 by Rebel Ink Press (first published August 9th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Executive Officer’s Wife, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Executive Officer’s Wife

Sherri
Chase Wayland is a former marine now the owner of a high-end security company. He is hired too protect Libby Calhoun, whose marine father has been kidnapped by terrorists and is being targeted by that she may be their next target in order to obtain her father’s cooperation.

Libby Calhoun is an independent woman capable of taking care of herself. After all, she has been doing it her whole life. As the daughter of a Marine, she is used to being alone and in control of her life. When her father is...more
Melissa
By Lila Munro

Libby Calhoun is the daughter of a Marine and is surrounded by military men. She’s feisty and stubborn. Not used to curtailing her activities, when her father is taken hostage and she becomes a target, she’s forced to live under the watchful eye of a hot bodyguard.

Chase Wayland used to be a Marine until a disastrous relationship changes his career plans. Now as a security agent, he takes the job to watch over Libby and keep her safe.

Ms. Munro writes a won...more
Denise
Sometimes books can surprise you even when you weren’t looking to be surprised. This happened to me upon picking up The Executive Officer’s Wife. I chose this novel for the usual reasons: the synopsis intrigued me and I love a good power struggle between two hardheaded characters. Based on my experience with this press, I expected the book to be good, but I wasn’t quite prepared for just HOW good it was.

Strong characters are the cornerstone of any truly excellent novel and this book is no except...more
Dayna R
I enjoyed the book and the story was easy to read. I didn't find it as realistic as it should have been considering it is advertised as "realmantic" but it was definitely far from the fairytale storyline. It was a little predictable and the ending felt rushed but all in all it was a good read.
Lisa
I adored this story. Libby Calhoun is the feisty daughter of a high ranking Marine. She's been messed around pretty badly and is reluctant to fall for the same thing a second time. I really liked Libby from the start and loved that she was defiant and stubborn.

Lila Munro writes fun characters that are easy to like. I read this very quickly simply because I was enjoying getting involved with the colourful life of the Marines. The parties, the frocks, the cakes! I won't post spoilers but all I wil...more
Judith
A really, really nice love story with a well-written and researched context of the Marine Corp. It is a great look-see into the world of the military dependent family, the loneliness, the need to be extra competent and self-reliant. But that can get someone in trouble when being in a relationship--giving up a little of that control, becoming interdependent and learning to share one's life. A very nice read.
Lyn
Great romance. I recommend it.
Don
Don marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2014
Patricia Lundstrom
Patricia Lundstrom marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2014
Chris Bails
Chris Bails marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2013
Shona Reid
Shona Reid marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2013
Lillian Gomez
Lillian Gomez marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2013
Sheryl
Sheryl marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2013
Kirstie
Kirstie marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2012
Vanessa
Vanessa marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2012
Anino
Anino marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2012
Elizabeth (Liz)
Elizabeth (Liz) marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2011
Angie Hetton
Angie Hetton marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2011
Guilty Pleasures
Guilty Pleasures marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2011
Ruth Hill
Ruth Hill marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2010
Curly
Curly marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2010
4200524
Lila Munro currently resides on the coast of North Carolina with her husband and their two four-legged kids. She’s a military wife with an empty nest and takes much of her inspiration for her heroes from the marines she’s lived around for the past fifteen years. Coining the term realmantica, she strives to produce quality romance in a realistic setting. Her genre of choice is contemporary romance...more
More about Lila Munro...