Start by marking “The Executive Officer’s Wife” as Want to Read:

The Executive Officer’s Wife

Target: Libby Calhoun. She’s independent and strong-willed, the daughter of a near infamous Marine Corps sniper. Libby’s been raised by the resident housekeeper, has learned to take care of herself over the years and doesn’t take crap off anyone. She’s also sassy and pretty darn cute. After one failed marriage she’s not in the market for love, a husband or any semblance of ...more
Kindle Edition, 2nd Edition
Published September 16th 2011 by Rebel Ink Press (first published August 9th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Executive Officer’s Wife, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Executive Officer’s Wife

Denise
Oct 24, 2010 Denise rated it really liked it
Sometimes books can surprise you even when you weren’t looking to be surprised. This happened to me upon picking up The Executive Officer’s Wife. I chose this novel for the usual reasons: the synopsis intrigued me and I love a good power struggle between two hardheaded characters. Based on my experience with this press, I expected the book to be good, but I wasn’t quite prepared for just HOW good it was.

Strong characters are the cornerstone of any truly excellent novel and this book is no except
Sherri
Sep 14, 2010 Sherri rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-book
Chase Wayland is a former marine now the owner of a high-end security company. He is hired too protect Libby Calhoun, whose marine father has been kidnapped by terrorists and is being targeted by that she may be their next target in order to obtain her father’s cooperation.

Libby Calhoun is an independent woman capable of taking care of herself. After all, she has been doing it her whole life. As the daughter of a Marine, she is used to being alone and in control of her life. When her father is
Jess Schira
May 24, 2015 Jess Schira rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015
There are lots of things to love about The Executive Officer’s Wife, starting with the author’s writing voice which is clear, smooth, and makes for an easy to read story. I was also impressed with her characters, each of which was fully developed and well-rounded. Her understanding of the military is obvious and she did a wonderful job incorporating authentic military issues into the story in an organic manner.
I have to admit that whenever I see reviews that immediately start to talk about sex,
Melissa
Oct 06, 2013 Melissa rated it it was amazing
By Lila Munro

Libby Calhoun is the daughter of a Marine and is surrounded by military men. She’s feisty and stubborn. Not used to curtailing her activities, when her father is taken hostage and she becomes a target, she’s forced to live under the watchful eye of a hot bodyguard.

Chase Wayland used to be a Marine until a disastrous relationship changes his career plans. Now as a security agent, he takes the job to watch over Libby and keep her safe.

Ms. Munro writes a won
Lisa
Jun 24, 2013 Lisa rated it it was amazing
I adored this story. Libby Calhoun is the feisty daughter of a high ranking Marine. She's been messed around pretty badly and is reluctant to fall for the same thing a second time. I really liked Libby from the start and loved that she was defiant and stubborn.

Lila Munro writes fun characters that are easy to like. I read this very quickly simply because I was enjoying getting involved with the colourful life of the Marines. The parties, the frocks, the cakes! I won't post spoilers but all I wil
Judith
Sep 01, 2010 Judith rated it really liked it
A really, really nice love story with a well-written and researched context of the Marine Corp. It is a great look-see into the world of the military dependent family, the loneliness, the need to be extra competent and self-reliant. But that can get someone in trouble when being in a relationship--giving up a little of that control, becoming interdependent and learning to share one's life. A very nice read.
Rene
Jun 11, 2015 Rene rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this story. I loved the characters from the very beginning and the storyline kept me hooked throughout the entire book. This was my 1st read by this author and will certainly be reading more of her in the future.
Dayna R
Jun 27, 2014 Dayna R rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the book and the story was easy to read. I didn't find it as realistic as it should have been considering it is advertised as "realmantic" but it was definitely far from the fairytale storyline. It was a little predictable and the ending felt rushed but all in all it was a good read.
Theresa Foster
Theresa Foster rated it it was amazing
Feb 25, 2012
Lyn
Jan 19, 2011 Lyn rated it it was amazing
Great romance. I recommend it.
Keira Gillett
Keira Gillett rated it liked it
Mar 02, 2011
Curly
Curly marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2010
Ruth Hill
Ruth Hill marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2010
Angie Hetton
Angie Hetton marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2011
Elizabeth (Liz)
Elizabeth (Liz) marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2011
Anino
Anino marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2012
Luna
Luna marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2012
Kirstie
Kirstie marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2012
Sheryl
Sheryl marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2013
Lillian Gomez
Lillian Gomez marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2013
Shona Reid
Shona Reid marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2013
Chris Bails
Chris Bails marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2013
Patricia Lundstrom
Patricia Lundstrom marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2014
K
K marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2015
4200524
Lila Munro currently resides on the coast of North Carolina with her husband and their two four-legged kids. She’s a military wife with an empty nest and takes much of her inspiration for her heroes from the marines she’s lived around for the past fifteen years. Coining the term realmantica, she strives to produce quality romance in a realistic setting. Her genre of choice is contemporary romance ...more
More about Lila Munro...