Start by marking “Leadership Lessons of Jesus” as Want to Read:
Leadership Lessons of Jesus

Leadership Lessons of Jesus

A bind-up of two books that offers the timeless wisdom of Jesus Christ as it can apply to today's leaders. Practical as well as inspirational, the lessons and techniques are perfect for business leaders, community leaders, anyone who need to interact and motivate diverse groups of people.
Published October 16th 2001 by Gramercy (first published September 1st 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Leadership Lessons of Jesus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Leadership Lessons of Jesus

Contains a few paragraphs of interesting material. Otherwise, it qualifies for my newly-coined category, a "How to Make a Peanut Butter Sandwich book," which relays information far within the realm of common sense at around a 6th-grade level, with an abundance of generic sentences and dull adjectives like "great" and "best." Jesus is an intimate, innovative, and, in every way, superlative leader. It would be fair to say that His nature was inestimably understated by these authors.
Keiki Hendrix
"Who is the greatest leader in history? Of all the names that might be given in response to that question, one name stands above all the rest: Jesus Christ."
- from the introduction of "The Leadership Lessons of Jesus: A Timeless Model for Today's Leaders" by Bob Briner and Ray Pritchard.

From the Publisher:
This newly redesigned edition of The Leadership Lessons of Jesus is expanding to include more than seventy unique easy-length readings that explore and adapt the individual techniques that made
Oct 18, 2009 Jason rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a short book in that it is 150 small pages of content and it could be read in only a few sittings, however, I think that the value of the book would be lost.
Jesus was a great leader and that can be seen in the incredible way He changed the world and those around Him. He established the church which has run for around 2,000 years and it has grown an incredible amount in that time. Can we glean insights that we can use on a regular basis to model His leadership style, to the best of our a
Dec 18, 2015 Lori rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christian
It is rare that I review an older book, but this one is so good I wanted to bring attention to this timeless book on leadership. The Leadership Lessons Of Jesus is easy to read—I read the whole book on 4th of July. But it is also a book to savor and digest all the wisdom found in the 240 pages. I found myself highlighting many passages throughout the book. You can see some of the quotes here.

Bob Briner and Ray Pritchard bring a refreshing look at how the greatest leader in the world has provided
Maria Moriconi
Oct 10, 2008 Maria Moriconi rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: anyone in leadership
Jesus is the best example of leadership that transforms a whole world. His leadership is timeless in that not only did he empower those in his day, but in the genrations that have followed since and to come. Simple leadership skills that can easily be applied. Digestible small steps that can transform the way I lead. Leadership is inspiring others to do more than they thought they were capable of to fulfil a purpose that is greater than yourself.
Elder Robert
Oct 23, 2014 Elder Robert rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
absolutely the book in the middle of a difficult decision regarding a's now part of my "WWJD-about-this-situation" process relative to trying to revamp my leadership and management style... quick chapters with immediate application...loved it
Chola Mukanga
Apr 09, 2016 Chola Mukanga rated it it was amazing
I read this book every year because it is so powerful. In here we are not only presented Jesus as the best leader of all of time and space but also how we can emulate him. If I can summarise its message : leadership is about people!
Jim Eshelman
Mar 31, 2013 Jim Eshelman rated it really liked it
Great for helping us remember that the mission Jesus came to earth with of deriving God's good new was passed down to 12 He mentored anyhow important it is to pass these down for the next generation as well.
Donna G
May 17, 2010 Donna G rated it it was amazing
Awesome!! Everyone who leads in any capacity should read this to be reminded of the character traits of a real leader.
Matthew James Derocher
Sep 16, 2013 Matthew James Derocher rated it it was amazing
A very well written book that details leadership lessons from the life and teachings of Jesus. I recommend it to anyone in a leadership position.
Mar 28, 2009 Patrick rated it really liked it
So far I like this book. Jesus clearly had a huge impact on the world. The short (2-3 pages) chapters make this an easy and quick read.
Charles Rogers
This book is a great read - Would be very good for any church group lesson. I believe the author wrote a study guide that parallels the book.
Dewayne Griffin
Mar 01, 2013 Dewayne Griffin rated it really liked it
The authors takes practical aspects from the gospels and applies them to everyday situations. This is a good one a day book to use as a daily devotion I would recommend this for any leader.
Patrick Buttke
Apr 12, 2013 Patrick Buttke rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good Book!! I bought when I got promoted into a leadership position in guards.. I actually finished it... I usually get halfway through a book and never finish so that should say something in itself.
Sarah rated it it was amazing
Jan 13, 2013
Timothy Amo
Timothy Amo rated it really liked it
Jul 31, 2011
Mome rated it did not like it
Aug 19, 2015
George Corbari
George Corbari rated it really liked it
Jul 25, 2015
Tom rated it it was amazing
Oct 10, 2016
Richard Saunders
Richard Saunders rated it it was amazing
Sep 26, 2008
Kevin Beasley
Kevin Beasley rated it it was amazing
Oct 20, 2008
Barbara Criner
Barbara Criner rated it liked it
Dec 10, 2014
Shaunna rated it liked it
Sep 19, 2011
Michael Todd Gantt
Michael Todd Gantt rated it it was amazing
Apr 13, 2014
Bookfella rated it really liked it
Jun 20, 2012
Zheluo Cai
Zheluo Cai rated it really liked it
Dec 18, 2015
Apr 21, 2010 Noya is currently reading it
love this book! ;-)
Craig A. Elliott
Craig A. Elliott rated it it was amazing
Apr 20, 2015
Katie rated it really liked it
Jul 21, 2013
Epluribus Cunningham
Epluribus Cunningham rated it it was amazing
Aug 27, 2014
  • Necessity of Prayer
  • Impact: Great Leadership Changes Everything
  • The Holy Spirit And You
  • Game Plan for Life: Your Personal Playbook for Success
  • Elders and Leaders: God's Plan for Leading the Church - A Biblical, Historical, and Cultural  Perspective
  • Being Leaders: The Nature of Authentic Christian Leadership
  • God Tells the Man Who Cares
  • Leadership Secrets of Attila the Hun
  • The Two Covenants
  • John Wesley's Sermons: An Anthology
  • Strategic Pastoral Counseling: A Short-Term Structured Model
  • The Secret Language of Leadership: How Leaders Inspire Action Through Narrative
  • Christian Reflections on the Leadership Challenge