Start by marking “Living Life as a Thank You: The Transformative Power of Daily Gratitude (Easyread Large Edition)” as Want to Read:

3.86  ·  Rating Details  ·  202 Ratings  ·  35 Reviews
Discover the Positive Power of Gratitude Living as if each day is a thank you can help transform fear into courage, anger into forgiveness, and isolation into belonging. Authors Nina Lesowitz and Mary Beth Sammons present a simple yet comprehensive approach for incorporating gratitude into one's life and reaping its many benefits. The book is divided into ten chapters, inc ...more
Paperback, Large Print, 320 pages
Published January 7th 2010 by ReadHowYouWant (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Living Life as a Thank You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Living Life as a Thank You

Natalie
Jan 21, 2012 Natalie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. It is motivational and ideal for anyone who is interested in practicing graditude. It is made up of personal gratitude stories of different people. Each chapter focuses on practicing gratitude in various situations. Examples include: "gratitude as a spiritual practice", "staying thankful in difficult times", "the power of gratitude to make a difference in the world", etc... Most of the stories end with a gratitude practice that the reader can incorporate into their own life. I ...more
Cindy
May 24, 2013 Cindy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is divided into sections on how to live a life of gratitude - in all areas (work, home) during good times and bad, during illness and loss. Being grateful for what you have in life brings an attitude of abundance even when things are dark.

I liked the idea of a gratitude dream board - giving thanks for the things that you want to come into your life.

A quote I liked:

"They can conquer who believe they can."
Sarah Geno
Sep 08, 2012 Sarah Geno rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
very good to pick up and read a bit at a time on days when I'm feeling stressed. Everyone should read this book and take in to consideration some of its practices.
Elevate Difference
The most wonderful part about the idea of practicing daily gratitude is that any person can do it. Unlike many concepts, like faith or prayer, which tend to be examined via certain religions or spiritualities, thankfulness is pretty universal. Living Life as a Thank You illustrates extensively how incorporating gratitude into one's life can draw enormous benefits for everyone.

This book serves up ten chapters full of stories about how learning to be grateful has changed people from all walks of l
Tana
Jun 10, 2013 Tana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this little book. I was hovering around the self-help section of the library, and zeroed in on the "gratitude" call number, and picked out this one and one or two others. I think this is the only one I actually finished. It was just easy to read, had some wonderful quotes and nice anecdotes in it, and it got me to start a gratitude journal, which I'd intended to do for a while but never got around to. I'm not sure that there was anything overwhelmingly fantastic about it, but I ...more
Traci
Dec 03, 2009 Traci rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I happened upon this book at the bookstore, and I am delighted to have found it. What I liked so much about this book was the designation of chapters complete with stories and examples of how people came to find and extend compassion and gratitude in their lives and others. At the conclusion of each chapter, there are specific ideas and suggestions (websites and organizations) presented to actively engage in daily gratitude. Lovely in it's simplicity; lovely in that many things begin simply and ...more
Nikki
Jun 08, 2010 Nikki rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: friends
Enjoyed this book. Liked the personal stories and also the practical ideas at the end of each story and chapter on how to be more mindful of being grateful on a daily basis. The majority of the suggestions are simple and don't require a lot of time or effort. Will definitely try to incorporate some into my life!
Margie
May 17, 2014 Margie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wonderfully uplifting. Interesting perspectives on different ways to think about/approach gratitude. It is truly not that difficult to live our lives with gratitude each and every day. We all need to be reminded to be as quick with gratitude and thank-yous as we tend to be with criticism.
Jo
Mar 10, 2010 Jo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book on learning how to really feel gratitude daily. Feeling grateful always brings more blessings.
Lots of great website links also.

I am so grateful I read this book!
Megan
Oct 04, 2012 Megan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very short inspiring stories to help remind you to count your blessings and be thankful every day. It was hard to stop reading, but I think best read a chapter a day.
Anita Dix-McLaughlin
Good book, reminding us all to be thankful for what we have. There is an old expression that says "Thank you makes room for more."
Laurie
Mar 04, 2010 Laurie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Gratitude has tremendous power and grace in our lives. It is something I want to remember to express.
Kristi
Feb 24, 2011 Kristi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-help-ish
Currently enjoying this easy to read book about gratitude and making it a part of my daily life....
Debra
Nov 20, 2009 Debra rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves:
Lovely book with lots of reminders.
Celia
Dec 26, 2010 Celia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So enjoyed! Very uplifting :-)
Brittany
Jan 25, 2011 Brittany rated it really liked it
Part of my new year's resolutions . . .
Rachel Kramer Bussel
Living Life as a Thank You is the kind of book whose advice is simple but profound. The lesson of gratitude is repeated and expounded upon in various ways, from everyday acts to deeper issues. As I read this book, I was reminded that being grateful is not just something to "do" but rather a way of life. In short chapters, the authors reflect on their theme and highlight people all over who've been changed and touched by being open, thoughtful and sincere. There were moments where the text was a ...more
Sarah Lee
This overall is a good book, but I marked it down a star because I found myself getting bored of other peoples stories. If this is what you are looking for and like to read about other people then this book is right for you. There was some great info on gratitude, but I had to sift through the peoples stories to find the stuff I really wanted which was various ways for ME to practice gratitude. There are lots of great ideas in here if you take the time to read through everything.
Lorna
May 30, 2016 Lorna rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-help
It's a good book for reading a little here and there, especially on days when a little encouragement is needed.
Monica
Jun 18, 2016 Monica rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: career-coaching
Easy read with wonderfully profound stories about gratitude along with practical exercises. As someone who started reading this genre of self-help book at the recommendation of my career coach, these books originally struck me as just kind of silly and unnecessary. What I've learned (thankfully!), is that we all need a reminder now and then about the power of gratitude in our daily lives. Anyone looking for that little push should read on.
Tinie
Nov 12, 2012 Tinie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Filled with short stories about individuals who have learned to "live life as a thank you". Details the hardships that they've been through - and how these hardships actually made them MORE grateful than they ever were before they had these experiences.

When so much seems to be going wrong, we begin to notice and appreciate the little things that are going right. We took these little things for granted before, but now realizing how important they are to us, we feel more thankful than ever.
Cheryl Tallent
Apr 02, 2016 Cheryl Tallent rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very good, read e book while walking - now hope I can put into practice
Melissa
Nov 15, 2010 Melissa rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
i thought this book would have more actual ideas on how to help one develop an attitude of gratitude but it was mostly just full of stories of how people came to appreciate something or someone in their lives. it was positive and uplifting but wasn't what i was looking for.
Anita Zinn
Oct 13, 2012 Anita Zinn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Read 2009

This book makes me smile and feel full of the best things in life - just by choosing to be grateful!

Quote: "Once you clear away what is choking your life, there is room for the gift - a promise of the new."
Jenny
Dec 03, 2013 Jenny rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: not-finished
I couldn't finish this one either. The stories just didn't resonant with me. I liked the quotes throughout the book and some of the gratitude practices seemed doable though.
Matt
Feb 04, 2012 Matt rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
My review is simple. This books puts life into perspective and impresses on the reader the need for more gratitude in society. It makes you realize how fortunate we are.
Diana Huerta
Just what I needed to read for this point in my life.
Claire
Jan 14, 2010 Claire rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: high schol and up, could be used as middle school/family socratic seminar material
Scores of vignettes telling of the turning point in the narrators lives that nudged them to a point of profound and lasting gratitude.
Amanda
Sep 06, 2012 Amanda rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
While I like the concept of this book, it took me about six months to get 2/3s of the way through it. I finally gave up.
Sue
Feb 03, 2015 Sue rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book!
  • Grace Happens Here: You Are Standing Where Grace is Happening
  • Attitudes of Gratitude: How to Give and Receive Joy Every Day of Your Life
  • Now Is the Time: 170 Ways to Seize the Moment
  • Marling Hall
  • Clutter's Last Stand: It's Time to de-Junk Your Life!
  • One: How Many People Does It Take to Make a Difference?
  • Wealth: Is It Worth It?
  • Julie Andrews' Collection of Poems, Songs, and Lullabies
  • The Path of Practice: A Woman's Book of Ayurvedic Healing
  • The Mayfair Affair (Rannoch/Fraser Publication Order, #8)
  • Corgiville Fair
  • Finding Water: The Art of Perseverance
  • Except for Me and Thee
  • Top Performance: How to Develop Excellence in Yourself and Others
  • How to Keep Your Volkswagen Alive: A Manual of Step-by-Step Procedures for the Compleat Idiot
  • 1,033 Reasons to Smile
  • The Path: Creating Your Mission Statement for Work and for Life
  • Dinner at Antoine's

“When a person doesn’t have gratitude, something is missing in his or her humanity. A person can almost be defined by his or her attitude toward gratitude.” 0 likes
“Gratitude is the intention to count your blessings every day, every minute, while avoiding, whenever possible, the belief that you need or deserve different circumstances.” 0 likes