Start by marking “Stone-Cold Lover (Winged and Dangerous, #1)” as Want to Read:
Stone-Cold Lover (Winged and Dangerous, #1)

Stone-Cold Lover (Winged and Dangerous #1)

Heiress Loretta Shaw is notorious for her loose morals and sexual needs. Trouble is, it’s taken her one too many one-night stands to realize that no man can extinguish the sexual fire she feels toward her guardian, Cray Diamond.A long-ago curse made Cray immortal—a gargoyle, a guardian, who is impelled to protect a human chosen by the curse. He is imprisoned in stone durin ...more
Published November 1st 2009 by Ellora's Cave (first published August 14th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Stone-Cold Lover, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stone-Cold Lover

Tonileg
May 21, 2012 Tonileg rated it it was ok
Have you ever seen the film, Ladyhawke from 1985? Well if you have, then I might have spoiled this book for you.
Oops, sorry about that.
The movie was better then this short story of around 60 pages. A man is cursed with immortality and turned into a transforming fantastic gargoyle who must protect one fine sexy lady.
The HEA was a bit too perfect although Cray does have to go away after the heroine's father finds them doing the nasty. There is a lot of sexy scenes in this story.
2 stars because I s
Riverina Romantics
What a unique spin on the paranormal world.

I thought this was a great quick read and the first story I have ever read which had the hero as a gargoyle.

Unfortunately for me I had to put this story down at around 70% due to workload and couldn't pick it up for two weeks, so I lost a bit of the connection. But it was blood warming between the sheets and Cray was a sexy hero I would be happy to see hard as stone...okay that was a really sad pun, but he was definitely a spunky gargoyle.
Pete
May 21, 2012 Pete rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this book. A story of a spoiled princess with loose morals and a gargoyle Cray, her protector and witness to her many hot male bed partner sessions she wanted and enjoyed/needed and couldn't even remember their names.
Her life changed when she discovered that her gargoyle cared for her emotionally.
This was an interesting shifter story. Gargoyles would definately not be a paranormal suited for most men, me thinks. However, I would still recommend reading this and the following book.
Susie
May 18, 2017 Susie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A short but sweet tale.

This was my first novella by this author and I have to say I enjoyed myself. The writting flowed beautifully, the story was told in a dual perspective by both our leading characters which I love and was a nicely different take on the gargoyle story. The characters were well developed and likeable with their back stories provided giving us a sence of who they really were my only comment on this would be that we are told how long Cray was cursed but not when it happened exac
Karen
Nov 11, 2010 Karen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There is more to the shallow heiress, Loretta Shaw, who seeks to forget her past. She takes many lovers but her heart yearns for a man she can never have.

Cray Diamond is cursed. By day, he’s a monstrous Gargoyle effigy. When the sun sets, he’s flesh and is Loretta’s bodyguard, who will do anything to keep her safe. Cray is attracted to Loretta and wants her. Honor is all he has left and he will leave her untouched by his hands. There can be no future for them. He’s bound to protect and when his
Twinsie Talk Angie J
Mar 24, 2013 Twinsie Talk Angie J rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: melteshco
check out this review and others at
www.Twinsietalk.blogspot.com
www.Facebook.com/Twinsietalk
@Twinsietalk

I received this book from the author for an honest review.
I give it a 3.5 rating.

I love Paranormal and erotica and this book hits both...yeah ME!! This books is about Loretta who is in desperate need to be loved. She seems to stumble in to any willing mans bed but all the while thinking about Cray...her gargoyle protector. CRAY....CRAY....CRAY!!! He tried to hide his feelings and not admit his
Kelly
I am not going to lie here... I like books with gargoyles. I like that I get to crack rock hard jokes and I like that gargoyle lovin' is so... rough. Or feral. Or dirty sounding. If that's wrong, I don't want to be right. Anywho. I liked this one. It was fast paced and the sexin' was plentiful. I approve of those things. So, you know, yay!

This book was a free Kindle download I picked up on 05/22/12 for the Why Buy the Cow? reading challenge.

-Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal
Shirley
May 22, 2012 Shirley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Stone-Cold Lover is one of those books that was short, sweet and to the point. It’s the kind of book (novella, actually) that you don’t expect to get wrapped up in because you know you won’t have a lot of time invested in it. I was pleasantly surprised because for such a short read, it was packed with action and emotion. Lots of raw emotion. These two characters suffered a lot and that prior suffering came through loud and clear. Of course, by the end, I still wanted more. Since this novella is ...more
Renee Rearden
I picked this book up for free on Amazon. Cover props must be noted!

I LOVE gargoyle books, and Stone Cold Lover is no exception. The hero is gorgeous, fierce, conflicted...and shows loyalty forged by a will of iron. The heroine, on the other hand, wasn't my favorite character. Her prolific promiscuity was a turnoff for me. Yes, she had her reasons, but they just didn't seem plausible enough for me. Others may not care. By the end of the book, she sort of redeemed herself though...or maybe I just
Eskimo Princess Jenkins
I think this would've been better as a full story not novella. So we can get more back ground on Cray.
I just didn't feel drawn into the story enough I thought the characters were distant. And Loretta was more than using sex to fill a void. And I got the feeling she would've humped Cray while he was in his Gargoyle form.
R.E. Butler
I really liked Cray, the tortured Gargoyle, and the storyline had some interesting backstory and a clever twist to the "curse". What took the rating down was that Loretta, the heroine, wasn't all that likeable for a good half of the book. She didn't see herself as a spoiled, selfish princess, but she was exactly that. Nicely written, and would take Cray on as a bodyguard, anyday.
Roberta
Jun 05, 2012 Roberta rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really good book about a gargoyle (Cray) in love with a human heiress (Loretta). Cray is her night time guardian, since he becomes stone during the day. He is in love with her but has promised to guard her. The book is about what happens when a gargoyle and human fall in love.
Shannon
Quite frankly I got bored about halfway through and quit. The story seemed to be on an up turn for about 2 pages then blew over the drama and kept going with the hero's constant reflection on what a sorry cursed creature he was.
Jessica
May 29, 2012 Jessica rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Brenda .
Feb 24, 2014 Brenda . rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It was all right. But I need more :)
Tamara
May 21, 2012 Tamara rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting and different story
Mary Catherine
Free from Amazon. A quick read with a supernatural element that I haven't often read - the curse of a gargoyle.
Marlena
This was my first gargoyle shifter book.I like the idea and wish this was a little longer to get more into it.So maybe this author will do more like it!
Katie
Jan 07, 2013 Katie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It was decent. I felt that it was rushed at parts and it would have been nice to have gotten more of Cray's backstory.
Mr Hans Martens
Jan 23, 2017 Mr Hans Martens rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read

Love the story line and all its twists and turns. Makes it a facinating read, with a love for ever finish
Dena
Nov 19, 2012 Dena rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
To short needs more
Tasha
May 29, 2012 Tasha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When I read this book I did not put it down for one second, I had to finish it in the same day I started and this book just WOW'ed me
Misty
May 31, 2012 Misty rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
Free on Amazon. worth the quick read. interesting story I liked it. Definitely has some hot and steamy scenes.
AH
May 14, 2012 AH marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Kindle free download 5/14/12.
Michelle [Helen Geek]
Free on Amazon 05/18/2012.
Greymalkin
Not that great, but at least the author made some attempts at character development and character growth. Also, it was a fun idea to have gargoyles as the romantic paranormal species.
Quinn
My first gargoyle book! Who though I'd ever be stringing those words together?! I quite enjoyed the point of difference in this one - set in stone during the day, gargoyle by night. Interesting...
Dee Smith
Oct 31, 2016 Dee Smith rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great read

This book was hot and intense. A great short read to get you going. I know I will check out more of her other books!
Kylie Griffin
May 22, 2011 Kylie Griffin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved the gargoyle character/hero & heroine! Connected with the heroine very quickly.
Debi
Aug 01, 2016 Debi rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book is a out 85% very discriptive sexual scenes, with about 15% of a good story line.
I wish the Author would have swapped the %'s, then it would have received a 4 or 5.
  • Initiation (Xylon Warriors #1)
  • Talson's Wait (Talson Temptations, #1)
  • Skye's Trail (The Angelini, #1)
  • Until The Dawn (Nemesis, #1)
  • Once Bitten, Forever Burned
  • Cowboys Make Better Lovers
  • Handsome Bastard (Ancient Blood, #1)
  • New Year's Kiss (Wolf’s Heritage, #1)
  • Roped
  • Seducer (Sensual Captivity, #1)
  • The Flame and the Shadow  (The  Four-Sided Pentacle, #1)
  • Believe In the Magic (Shifting Magic, #1)
  • Lionheart (StarQuest, #1)
  • A Wanton's Thief
  • Midnight (Dark Promises, #1)
  • Deadly Obsession
  • WereSlave (Were Legends, #1)
  • In Heat (In Heat, #1)
Mel Teshco grew up in Australia, where her seemingly gypsy dad and ever patient mother saw her living in many areas of the East Coast, along with her sister and two brothers.

Each new home stimulated an already over-active imagination, where she spent as much time dreaming about fantasy worlds as the real world - the fantasy sometimes being much better.
Now living on a small rural property with th
More about Mel Teshco...

Winged and Dangerous (3 books)
  • Ice-Cold Lover (Winged and Dangerous, #2)
  • Red-Hot Lover (Winged and Dangerous, #3)