Start by marking “882 1/2 Amazing Answers To Your Questions About The Titanic” as Want to Read:
882 1/2 Amazing Answers To Your Questions About The Titanic

882 1/2 Amazing Answers To Your Questions About The Titanic

4.26  ·  Rating Details  ·  414 Ratings  ·  48 Reviews
Questions and answers present information about the building, passengers, launching, sailing, sinking, and rediscovery of the Titanic. Includes illustrations, archival images, and step-by-step diagrams.
Published November 1st 1998 by Scholastic Press (first published 1998)

Sydney
Apr 28, 2014 Sydney rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is so incredibly informative. I really have nothing bad to say about it. It's easy to read and understand, so pretty much anyone can read it.
I wouldn't purely use this book for a paper, but definitely as an add on type thing.
Duane
May 18, 2009 Duane rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you're looking for the perfect book to cover the entire topic of the Titanic, then this is the book for you. Filled with great photographs and exact information, this book covers it all. From the idea to create it, to the people who discovered it in 1986, this book has everything you'd be interested in. A great resource book!
Melissa
Oct 29, 2014 Melissa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone interested in the Titanic
Recommended to Melissa by: Discovered it on Amazon.com searching for other Titanic books
This just popped up on my feed as a recommendation so my rating is a five star for pretty much all books like this and/or about Titanic and my review is based on a quick reminder of it so there's not much to say except that it's cool book to have in the house (with the exception that this is discussing a tragedy, of course). Read about two years ago when I bought it for my daughter. She and I both have a fascination regarding the Titanic and I adore books like this. Trivia, photography, non-fict ...more
Laura Verret
Apr 17, 2013 Laura Verret rated it it was amazing
Shelves: goodwill-finds
Ever had a question about the Titanic? 882 Amazing Answers to your Questions about the Titanic is bound to answer it! Beginning at the very conception of the Titanic, Brewster and Coulter walk us step by step through the building and launching processes before describing the maiden voyage of the Titanic. Information is provided concerning the passengers, the crew members, the elaborate furnishings, and hundreds of other things.

Several fascinating lists were included – the menu from the first lu
Jennifer Rayment
Jake's Review: Seriously mom -- another one -- you know you have a problem right? Yes, I will give it a fair chance and pretend that my mom isn't weird. Ok this book is easy to read and there are lots of pictures to keep me turning the pages. This would be a really good book to learn the facts about the Titanic, and how and why it sank. I think it would be a good book for Teachers and Librarians and its not even boring. It's neat to see the pictures of what the ship looks like underwater now &am ...more
Abby Johnson
Jul 05, 2010 Abby Johnson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: blogged
The book's organized into simple questions and answers, starting with questions about the development and building of the ship, moving to questions about what was on board the ship and what the voyage would have been like, to questions about the sinking, and ending with questions about what happened afterward. The format is spectacular for gleaning trivia questions (which is one of the reasons I was reading it) and the book also has an index so you can find answers to particular questions.

Photos
Jan 22, 2015 Laura rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childhood-books
Informative and my 10y/o self understood it, deals with the building, the voyage, sinking, discovery, and a tiny bit about the James Cameron film (mainly looking at historical accuracy and it's only two pages).
Julia
-Recommended by my brother
-A great non-fiction that I would include in my classroom library for students to use during independent reading.
-Includes interesting facts about the Titanic and provides the reader with great visuals.
Heidi
Quite a bit of information, as you might guess. Some things I knew--either from before this year's Titanic "study" or from the study. Some things I did not know. Some things I knew were controversial (so I didn't like when they were listed as definite fact). Too much assumption that the reader had seen the then-recent movie "Titanic." I liked seeing all of the pictures. Only 90 pages, but it was chock-full of information and illustrations/photos. I really enjoyed this and it's a great choice (fo ...more
Corrine
Aug 03, 2015 Corrine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
great book so many interesting facts about the titanic the people and crew aboard and so much more a great read for anyone interested in the titanic
Diane Heath
Sep 18, 2014 Diane Heath rated it it was ok
This is an interesting overview of Titanic facts which would be useful to younger readers..They might rate it 3 stars or higher
Bonni Sweet
Considering I have read many books dealing with the sinking of the Titanic and the events of that fateful night, this book actually had some details that I had not already known. A lot of the information I had read in other books but I was surprised to find some information dealing with certain people and certain classes that I had not read before. It gave a little more detail about the children aboard and It was nice at the end of the book to find out what had happened to some of the survivors ...more
Kailyn
Mar 08, 2014 Kailyn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone interested in the Titanic
I absolutely loved this book! I was fascinated by the Titanic and learned so much about it from this easy-to-read book.
Linda Hopson
Feb 21, 2014 Linda Hopson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: great-for-kids
This is a very interesting book. Great information about the Titanic. Lots of stuff I didn't know. Happy reading.
Tarissa
Feb 12, 2013 Tarissa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this book! Just like the title says, this book is filled with amazing answers about the Titanic! I've enjoyed reading several non-fiction books on the Titanic lately and found this simple, childlike book to be equally informational. Almost any question you have about the Titanic is answered in this book. Adults & kids alike will take pleasure in reading through all the Q&A... all 882 1/2 of them.

And by the way---aren't you curious what the "half" (from 882 1/2) of an answer could
Lola
I am a Titanic nut. I went through a huge Titanic phrase in the fourth grade, and that is where this book came in. It really has everything you need to know about the Titanic, and I am a sucker for fact books. There are really 882 1/2 facts here, believe or not, and some are great to pull out at dinner parties. I'm just kidding. That's never worked for me. That's how I got labeled a nerd in elementary school. Recommended for kids looking to get into the Titanic. Super fun and enjoyable!
Tim Vandenberg
Mar 24, 2013 Tim Vandenberg rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very well organized. Easy to follow. Factually & quickly hits all the key points of interest regarding the most famous sunken ship in history. Once the Titanic crew spots the iceberg, this book becomes very difficult to put down, as this volume does an excellent job of delineating the facts in ways that many other Titanic books don't: rapid fire, factual, easy to follow, answering previously unconsidered but apparently important questions.

An excellent introduction to Titanic studies.
Susan
Aug 16, 2014 Susan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This neat book will answer every unique and intriguing question you may have concerning the Titantic. Everything you ever wanted to know is in this book and more. It's quite a treasure to have. I have read a million books on the tragedy of the Titantic and this book is great to use for a cross reference.

There are such interesting tidbits of information in this book you wouldn't even of. So I recommend you add it to your collection especially if you are a Titantic Buff!
Lynn Hubbard
Mar 30, 2012 Lynn Hubbard rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bought this during my visit to Kissimmee. I did the Titanic Experience attraction and picked up this book in the store. I have read several books on Titanic and this one was recommended by the tour guide. It is a Q& A book and s cover many little know facts. We had a great time taking turns reading it on the way home. It made an eight hour drive more enjoyable!

Here is a link to my blog post: http://i.seekissimmee.com/2012/03/29/...
Gail
After seeing the Titanic exhibit a few years ago, i picked up this book in the museum gift shop. Filled with information covering all bases of Titanic lore, both true and false, it makes a fun and informational read. Additionally, I used this book as a supplementary text for my 5th grade science lesson on variables. (we created lifeboats and tested displacement) It was a hit.
Kara Prem
Jul 01, 2013 Kara Prem rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A book of questions and answers about the Titanic, starting with the building of the ship and ending in the late 20th century (listing the survivors who were still living - obviously this is outdated, but that's ok!). I bought this book for my son who is very interested in the Titanic, but I enjoyed reading it as well. I have even learned a few new things.
Sylvie
Jan 16, 2012 Sylvie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a must for any Titanic collector out there. From the first idea to build the ship to the final years of the survivors, it has it all in short and simple Q&A format. Every little thing you might have wondered but never thought to ask. It was like a companion to every Titanic information source out there. I definitely recommend.
Jessica
Jan 24, 2008 Jessica rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the perfect book if, like me, you have one of those kids who gets obsessed with something and then asks you one million questions a day about it. If that something happens to be the Titanic, you must own this book so you can answer questions like "which was the only lifeboat to sink?" or "what did the people in first class eat for dinner?"
LaDonna
Sep 26, 2014 LaDonna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
love this book. so easy to find answers to the questions my son asks.
Jennifer Daniel
Just basic facts about the Titanic, nothing new or shocking. I did enjoy the question & answer format and there were loads of wonderful photos. Such a sad, avoidable event. I know if I had been on the Titanic I would have been one of the poor Irish they locked down in 3rd class to die like rats. Rich white people are mean!
Nicolas Wysocki
Mar 15, 2013 Nicolas Wysocki rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
I own several books on the Titanic and this is still one of my favorites. I ordered this book through a scholastic catalog many years ago in elementary school and I still like to look through it from time to time. It's a really infomative read for someone that doesn't want to commit to a full on history book on the Titanic.
Shawna
Jun 08, 2012 Shawna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have been interested in the Titanic again with the 100 anniversary. I was looking for something easy to read and yet still be informative. This book was perfect! It is filled with so much information. There are pictures throughout the book. Older children and adults would like this one.
Kim
Apr 11, 2013 Kim rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction
Bought this at the Titanic Museum in Branson for the library. I have some students that are fascinated by the Titanic and this has some interesting facts that they might not know. According to the folks working the gift shop, this book is required reading before you can work at the museum.
Lori
May 08, 2012 Lori rated it it was amazing
Zoe & I really enjoyed this book. We both have read and watched quite a bit on the Titanic and we learned quite a few new facts from this book. Very well written for younger children to enjoy with pictures and diagrams. Highly recommend for those people interested in the Titanic, young or old
Great Book 1 1 Jun 04, 2015 09:37AM
  • The Titanic: End of a Dream
  • The Night Lives On
  • The Story of the Titanic As Told by Its Survivors
  • Her Name, Titanic
  • And the Band Played On: The Titanic Violinist & the Glovemaker: A True Story of Love, Loss & Betrayal
  • Last Dinner On the Titanic: Menus and Recipes From the Great Liner
  • Titanic: A Survivor's Story
  • The Band That Played On: The Extraordinary Story of the 8 Musicians Who Went Down with the Titanic
  • Down with the Old Canoe: A Cultural History of the Titanic Disaster
  • Voyagers of the Titanic: Passengers, Sailors, Shipbuilders, Aristocrats, and the Worlds They Came From
  • Titanic Love Stories: The true stories of 13 honeymoon couples who sailed on the Titanic
  • Shadow of the Titanic: The Extraordinary Stories of Those Who Survived
BARBARA HEHNER is the author of many children’s books. She began writing over 20 years ago, entering into a partnership with David Suzuki. Together they wrote six children’s science and activity books, starting with Looking at Plants. Barbara Hehner lives in Toronto with her family.
More about Barbara Hehner...