Start by marking “Conquest of the Planet of the Apes” as Want to Read:
Conquest of the Planet of the Apes

Conquest of the Planet of the Apes

Paperback, movie tie-in, 187 pages
Published 1972

To ask other readers questions about Conquest of the Planet of the Apes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Conquest of the Planet of the Apes

Kim Teeple
Aug 03, 2007 Kim Teeple rated it liked it
Go ahead and yuck it up...but I'll have you know these books were my only friend that long lonely summer when I was thirteen and stuck on my grandparent's farm in the middle of South Dakota with nobody to talk to except a fat shetland pony who chewed her oats and stared all drowsy-eyed at me and a dog named Brownie who refused to learn to shake.

And I had the coolest Planet of the Apes sweatshirt--I'd give up my Planet of the Apes lunch Box to get that sweatshirt back...well no, no I wouldn't.

I
Grady Hendrix
Jun 24, 2011 Grady Hendrix rated it liked it
A few years after he wrote his very strange novel, "Black in Time" about Black Power militants using a time machine to change history, John Jakes got a paycheck for writing the novelization of the most racially-loaded of the "Planet of the Apes" films, "Conquest of the Planet of the Apes." Released in 1972, just four years after more than one hundred American cities erupted into race riots following the assassination of Dr. Martin Luther King the movie (and book) kicks off back in time, with ape ...more
Doctor Edward Diesel
May 01, 2016 Doctor Edward Diesel rated it really liked it
Probably where i first got my disgust for both slavery & animal abuse. This is not subtle, but it is a clever premise and holds undeniable appeal to see the fascists of the future get stomped by a bunch of pissed-off simians.
James Caterino
Rise of the Planet of the Apes blew me away. It is by far my favorite film of the year, or many years for that matter. I am a huge movie tie in novelization addict, and since Conquest is sort of the Rise of the original film series, I had to track down a copy of the novelization.

I have always enjoyed reading John Jakes. I first became aware of him at a young age when I read his Brak the Barbarian novels. Conan ripoffs to be sure, but I loved them at 12 or 13 and devoured them. Later on I read Th
Robert Morganbesser
Nov 30, 2014 Robert Morganbesser rated it really liked it
one the best of the screenplay adaptations, this is the most violent. obviously based on the first cut off conquest which was re-edited. definitely worth reading.
Mickey
Jul 05, 2011 Mickey rated it really liked it
I like this book. As I write that, I notice my shoulders reflexively squaring and my expression shifting into defiant 'So what?' mode. Admittedly, the writing is uneven, but there are moments in this book of intense drama and conflict. The writing is only passable, but I think the way that the subject matter is dealt with was masterful. It almost feels like a comic book conflict: epic and profound and maybe a little ridiculous, too.
Nana Kitteh
Fourth in Series.
Scott Riechers
Scott Riechers marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2016
Rwolfgra
Rwolfgra rated it it was amazing
Sep 20, 2016
Darrell Mcjargue
Darrell Mcjargue marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2016
Andrew Voyer
Andrew Voyer marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2016
Steven Tesolin
Steven Tesolin marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2016
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2016
Alexander Geronzin
Alexander Geronzin marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2016
John Sidwell
John Sidwell rated it really liked it
Aug 19, 2016
Jonas
Jonas marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2016
Sandro Dogonadze
Sandro Dogonadze marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2016
Mr Esmond A Johnson
Mr Esmond A Johnson marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2016
Jeff
Jeff rated it really liked it
Aug 12, 2016
Lori
Lori rated it really liked it
Aug 12, 2016
Linda Couick
Linda Couick marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2016
Juan
Juan rated it really liked it
Aug 06, 2016
Onyx
Onyx marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2016
Matt
Matt marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2016
Chip Allen
Chip Allen rated it really liked it
Aug 02, 2016
Mitch Francis
Mitch Francis marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2016
RICHARD EVANOFF
RICHARD EVANOFF rated it really liked it
Jul 28, 2016
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2016
  • Star Trek/Planet of the Apes: The Primate Directive
  • Beauty and the Beast and Other Classic French Fairy Tales
  • Dawn of the Planet of the Apes: Firestorm - The Official Movie Prequel
  • Taken
  • The Solomon Effect (Jax Alexander Mystery #2)
  • Saint Leibowitz and the Wild Horse Woman
  • Final Destination 3
  • Vulcan! (Star Trek Adventures, #7)
  • Highlander: Scotland the Brave (Highlander)
  • Dark Shadows (Dark Shadows, #1)
  • Planet of the Apes, Vol. 1: The Long War
John Jakes, the author of more than a dozen novels, is regarded as one of today’s most distinguished writers of historical fiction. His work includes the highly acclaimed Kent Family Chronicles series and the North and South Trilogy. Jakes’s commitment to historical accuracy and evocative storytelling earned him the title of “the godfather of historical novelists” from the Los Angeles Times and le ...more
More about John Jakes...