Start by marking “Mommy Mine” as Want to Read:
Mommy Mine

Mommy Mine

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  80 ratings  ·  21 reviews
Mommies come in all shapes and sizes -- tiny and chubby, spiny and grubby!

And Mommies make all different kinds of noises -- chomp and chatter, stomp and pitter-patter!

But for every child, the best mom in the whole world is

Mommy
Published March 15th 2005 by HarperCollins Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Mommy Mine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mommy Mine

The Cat in the Hat by Dr. SeussKitten's First Full Moon by Kevin HenkesMillions of Cats by Wanda GágPuss in Boots by Charles PerraultThe Tale of Tom Kitten by Beatrix Potter
Picture Books about Cats
74th out of 322 books — 151 voters
Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise BrownThe Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric CarleGreen Eggs and Ham by Dr. SeussMoo, Baa, La La La! by Sandra BoyntonLittle Blue Truck by Alice Schertle
Books for two-year-old children
71st out of 160 books — 144 voters

More lists with this book...

Kathryn
Yes, I was captured by the adorable cover and I couldn't get away ;-) While I'm not sure all the illustrations inside are as cute, many of them are very, very cute and I really liked the variety of animals included. The rhyming text has a charming cadence. A great snuggly read-aloud.
Sherri Anderson
The universal theme of this picture book is the primary and intimate relationship between mothers and their babies – regardless of species. The book presents a series of animals - mammals, reptiles, birds, amphibians and insects – each shown on a two-page spread with brightly-colored, high-action illustrations. The repeated format of rhyming text allows emergent readers to predict and guess at the words based not only on the type of animal, but also the large, expressive font paired with each an...more
Amy
We've had this book since Bea was a toddler. It was a popular bedtime book when she was little - cute animal pictures, cute poem, short, opportunities for cuddles and kisses... Now Bea thinks it is babyish and scientifically innacurate. (Mom, seals aren't lazy - they just can't sit up on land. And penguins aren't clumsy - it is more efficient to slide on the ice.) Sigh. My girl is growing up. I pulled this off the shelf today for her to read it out loud to me because I knew it had unusual text f...more
Danielle Baker
Review:

Mommy Mine is a cute book that talks about Mommy of course. Mommies are generally the center of a child's universe and they love to hear about stories with mommies. Of course after reading this story we could discuss each child's mommy. Another aspect to bring to children's attention is even animals have mommies and every mommy is different. What makes your mommy special?

Learning Experience:

I would give the children printed copies off all the mommies and babies in the story and have the...more
Christian Singer
I love Jane Chapman's illustrations, especially the two-page spread at the end showing all the mommies and babies. Adults will see the emotional closeness that parents and children share. I like that the illustrations include the life stages of the animals. The lifelike, colorful photos will capture infants' and toddlers' attention. An added bonus would be cuddling in their parents' arms. This is a good bedtime read.
Robert
A cute enough book that presents many different animals and usually an adjective that describes the animal. Sometimes an action is highlighted. It all rhymes.

The illustrations are nice. This is a book to use with students to teach adjective use that doesn't follow adjective-noun. Mommy nice, helps the student identify the word that describes the noun, even if it doesn't follow the predictable pattern we use.
jacky
This was read at story time. It was cute how it showed all types of animals with their mothers. It reminded me of Dinosaur Roar because of the short sentences that describe. Its cool for showing that all types of animals have mothers, even the fierce ones. You could probably use it metaphorically to show that there are all types of families.
DW
I love this sweet little book.
I recommend this book to two year olds everywhere!
Melanie
Mothers and children of all sorts share this story of different kinds of mothers. Told in rhyme, this book is best for babies and/or toddlers.
Wanda
Summary: Whether it is by croak, flutter, or fur, all children claim their mothers as their own.
Beautiful illustrations.
Stephanie Cox
My 7 year old daughter and I love this book. The story is sweet and the illustrations are bright and colorful.
Joan
A great one to read around Mother's Day, or to create "Mommy Mine" books or poems (to give as gifts, of course!)
Macy
I really like this book! The way Mommy reads this book and acts out the story makes it really fun to read!
Beverly
Minimal text and large, humorous and lively animal illustrations make this a great book for toddlers.
June
Apr 24, 2013 June rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Mother story requests
A simple animal mother book. I got it out since I had toddlers for PJ story time tonight.
Janna
A is a little animal addict, but she and I never get tired of reading this one.
Very cute, perfect for storytime or read aloud for fairly young children.
Nicki
Not much for plot, but the pictures were great.
Bonnie Petros
One of Madison's favorite books!
Carrie
Love this for toddlers.
Navira
Navira marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
Keith
Keith marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
The Second Story WCPS
The Second Story WCPS marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2014
Ravi Kumar
Ravi Kumar marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2014
Shams Ahmed
Shams Ahmed marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2014
Kristin Olin
Kristin Olin marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Children's author / illustrator Tim Warnes' first book was published in 1995; since then he's worked on more than 65 books, which have been translated into 18 different languages (9 of these he wrote). He also writes a twice weekly comic strip, Chalk & Cheese.

Awards include the Nottinghamshire Children's Book Award for I don't want to go to bed! which features the popular Little Tiger characte...more
More about Tim Warnes...
Daddy Hug Dangerous! Chalk & Cheese Jesus Loves Me! Rise and Shine!