Start by marking “The Three Furies (Erec Rex, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Three Furies (Erec Rex, #4)

The Three Furies (Erec Rex #4)

4.28 of 5 stars 4.28  ·  rating details  ·  1,177 ratings  ·  35 reviews
Another task, even more dangerous than the previous ones, befalls Erec in the fourth book in the series. He must literally face his worst nightmares to succeed, but he isn’t sure if he can overcome his fears. On top of a contest he must win to continue his rise to King, he must also save Bethany, who has been entranced by Baskania, and deal with his inevitable tr ...more
Published August 10th 2010 by Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers (first published July 30th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Three Furies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Three Furies

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. RowlingThe Lightning Thief by Rick RiordanHarry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling
Awesomest books ever
13th out of 96 books — 17 voters
Keturah and Lord Death by Martine LeavittThe Dark Lord of Derkholm by Diana Wynne JonesSummers at Castle Auburn by Sharon ShinnThe Seer and the Sword by Victoria HanleyFire and Hemlock by Diana Wynne Jones
Hidden Gems: YA-Fantasy Novels
479th out of 1,154 books — 2,926 voters

More lists with this book...

Jonathan

Memory can play wonderful tricks on you as you mature. You can find yourself coming back to a loved novel and enjoying it in a fresh and new way. Or you can find yourself noticing flaws in a writing style and novel that you would not have picked up in the past. This is the case with the Erec Rex series of children's fantasy books, books which I had not picked up in several years since the first few enchanted me.

Unfortunately, while reading this I was distracted by the fact that the pacing and en
06erikm
Title:Erec rex #4 - the three furies
Author Kaza Kingsley
Pages 576
The book takes place much in alypium, a magic city with a golden dome that keeps the weathere perfect. It also takes place in part in underground aorth and "otherness", where the monsters live.
Erec rex is the main character. He is destined to be king of alypium, but he must finish twelve quests first. in this book, he finishes his fifth and sixth quests. He also must rescue his friend bethany, who supposedly holds the secret to i
Aelvana
Erec Rex should be enjoying a relatively trouble-free vacation back with his family. After being involved in several death-defying quests on the path to becoming king, he could use some downtime. But he has nothing to do, and he misses his friends. Especially Bethany. Even if he hasn't figured out if their relationship is still just friends or if it might now be heading for more.

Then Bethany is taken by Baskania. Now Erec is scrambling to complete his next quest, rescue Bethany, and avoid gettin
Cynthia
The more I get into this series the more I like it. Originally I found too many similarities with Harry Potter, but as the series moves along I enjoy the characters more and more and the interesting twists in the plot (though some are a little strange). Erec's quests are always entertaining and this book has a couple of surprises that I didn't see coming as Erec completes his fifth and sixth quests. A lot of fun and perfect for older readers.
Stacy
I am relly enjoying this series. I like the way ERec is growing up and it is still clean and fun and exciting.
Elli
This book is so great! I couldn't wait to get this book. I liked it so much I finished it in a day. Erec Rex ROCKS!
Danielle
Still really like this series, read this one in 2 days. Yep I'm addicted!
Oridisi
It was excellent better than I expected, can't wait for the others to come out
Laurel Fischback
Good as the first one. That's a true sign of a good book.
Tyler Mahaney
Love it. Best book ever.
Mindy
another fun one!
Thomas
Erec is faced with a major challenged. In the last installment, he had to rescue his mother and now it is his very good friend Bethany who needs his help. What has really helped this series is that Erec's challenges are all linked with major challenges handed out by Baskania. Erec finds himself the target of blind bigoted hatred and hateful rhetoric as he learns more and more about himself. His new-found knowledge (in the last book) gives way to a secret held by two of his siblings. The two chal ...more
M. Kat
This book raised the stakes for the series. Bethany has been captured by Baskania and Erec's quests become more dangerous with each draw from Al's well. Tons of old faces reappear along with a few new faces(the loyal pirate Griffin).

Most of Kingsley 'big reveals' don't come as a shock to me since I can see them several books away, but this book managed to surprise me a few times. But I did guess that (view spoiler)
Kristi Bernard
We begin the next book in the series as Erec Ulysses Rex returns to New Jersey. He had been away for months doing quests to become the next King of Alypium, where magic is known and practiced. Erec has missed his busy adoptive family. He has especially missed his best friend and secret crush Bethany. A stolen kiss has him hesitant to write a response to the letter she has sent him. She is in the castle at Alypium but is having strange urges to go to Baskania. Thanatos Argus Baskani is the Shadow ...more
Helen
I love when he finally gets into the quests but the build up to them can sometimes be filled with too much talking which at times drags the story out. I took me a bit to get into the book, but like I said once the quest started the story picked up and turned out really good.
Tara
Another series w/ a young boy becoming the hero, this isn't as good as others, such as Fablehaven. The character development is pretty simplistic, w/ emotions and ideas stated in simple sentences instead of being illustrated. It's often amusing to read for the fun of it, although sometimes I get frustrated with the blunt writing. While I read each book, I find myself wondering if I'll pick up the next. Obviously I ended up doing that, but I wouldn't be heartbroken if I hadn't. But perhaps the wr ...more
Garth Danielson
Running out of interest in the series.
Sully
Well this is a very hard book to explain, but i will try. In the third book in the Erec Rex seires he (Erec Rex) must 1.Save a large asortment of people from a nightmere realm 2.Break his friend out of a fortress full of ever monster imaginable and 3. give up his life to the three furies to save the world from total desrution. Sounds cheery right. This report has been drafted and edited by M.C Squrie.
Brandon
The Erec Rex series isn't fascinating or mind-bending, but it isn't dull either. The author has created an interesting Harry Potter-esque world with a villain that is mildly frightening and certainly mysterious. I'm really just reading the series because I like to finish what I start. But if you haven't started, you might as well not. There are much better books out there.
Kate
I was realy impressed by the way Kingsley crafted this story. It was well planned out and fascinating. It was quite long, but I actually enjoyed devouring the pages. My only complaint was that some of the characters seem to be a bit one dimensional and some of the dialogue does not seem realistic. Other than that, I am excited for the next!
Shumoni.butler
I like this book because this book has alot of monsters like dragons and other types of acient monsters who lived over a long time ago and they never were find but this one boys dad who went and looked for them was brought back and hiden back with one of those monsters who tried to eat him.
Abigail
This has to be the tipping point for Erec. At the beginning (first book) he's a little stubborn, shallow, small minded and immature. This is where you see the definite difference in him. He grows up in this one and that's the book where you fall in love with his character.
Ladawn
This is a great series for young kids who love to read. It started out with a lot of similarities as Harry Potter but has since taken on its own story. I'm not sure how many more will be in the series. Hopefully not too many. It's time to wrap it up in my opinion.
Daniel
Saya lemah banget kalau ada orang luar yang pakai setting Indonesia di novelnya. Saya lemah banget! Dan saya suka banget sama misi-misinya di Erec Rex keempat ini. Kenalan sama Raja Mimpi Buruk? KEREEEN! Saya sedang menanti Secret of Ashona :)
Ashley
I finally finished this book. It was the best installment yet. I loved every minute of it. I never lost interest. There was always something there to keep me at the edge of my seat. I can't wait until the next installment.
Vikkineshwaran
It's a cute book. Very simple and charming in its own way. Erec kind of reminds of Harry Potter, with all his heroism and sarcifice and stuff. Apart from that, the setting is very unique and different.
Zach Querrey
This book was full of adventure. It was action-packed and in some part thirteen year olds, like me, could relate to the main character. I enjoy these books very much and I hope to continue reading this series.
Sydney Gager
Awesome! Wandabelle the Clown fairy in the nightmare realm was a huge twist, Erec dies but showed the furies harmony, huge twist with 'Danny' and 'Sammy'
Kate
Very exciting to read; the end surprised me! After reading it it made me like bees preserved in amber.
Sonja
This series continues to be a fun read. The theme of forgiveness and redemption was nice.
Who else loves this book? 1 2 May 11, 2013 07:42PM
  • The Dragon in the Library (Dragon Keepers, #3)
  • Dragon Games (The Books of Umber, #2)
  • Albrek's Tomb (Adventurers Wanted, #3)
  • The Basilisk’s Lair (Nathaniel Fludd, Beastologist, #2)
  • The Brimstone Key (Grey Griffins: The Clockwork Chronicles, #1)
  • Mostly Sunny with a Chance of Storms
  • Samurai (Simon St George #2)
  • Jeff Corwin: A Wild Life: The Authorized Biography
  • Knightley Academy (Knightley Academy, #1)
  • The Second Siege (The Tapestry, #2)
  • Falcon Quinn and the Crimson Vapor (Falcon Quinn, #2)
  • Winter Door (The Gateway Trilogy, #2)
  • Gods of Manhattan (Gods of Manhattan, #1)
  • Land Keep (Farworld, #2)
  • The Dragon of Trelian (Trelian, #1)
  • Fablehaven: The Complete Series Boxed Set (Fablehaven, #1-5)
  • City of Time (The Navigator Trilogy, #2)
I'm a fantasy author, and have loved reading and writing fiction since I was tiny!

I put a small excerpt or two at the bottom of this page.

Check out my Twitter profile at:

and my blog --

and my website --

My books - Erec Rex: The Dragon's Eye, and Erec Rex: The Monsters of Otherness, Erec Rex: The Search for Truth, and
More about Kaza Kingsley...

Erec Rex (5 books)
  • The Dragon's Eye (Erec Rex, #1)
  • The Monsters of Otherness (Erec Rex, #2)
  • The Search for Truth (Erec Rex, #3)
  • The Secret of Ashona (Erec Rex, #5)
The Dragon's Eye (Erec Rex, #1) The Monsters of Otherness (Erec Rex, #2) The Search for Truth (Erec Rex, #3) The Secret of Ashona (Erec Rex, #5) Untitled Kaza Kingsley #2

“The best way to walk into a nightmare is with a smile.” 9 likes
“No time better than the present,’ I always say. Or was that, ‘Nothing is better than a present’? I forget.” 8 likes