Start by marking “Home Free (Sisterhood, #20)” as Want to Read:
Home Free (Sisterhood, #20)

Home Free (Sisterhood #20)

4.15  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,876 Ratings  ·  112 Reviews

As i
Audio CD
Published March 29th 2011 by Brilliance Audio (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Home Free, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Home Free

Kathy Davie
Twentieth and last [I hope] in the Sisterhood vengeance-suspense series revolving around a core group of seven women determined to right judicial wrongs.

My Take
Well, the ladies are bored again and President Connor sets up an ultra-secret, "doesn't exist" agency with the vigilantes as its sole members who are available to tackle missions for the President. Fortunately, all the younger women choose to pack it in at the end with all sorts of life-changing decisions.

Unfortunately, the older member
Teresa Stokley
May 02, 2011 Teresa Stokley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The FINAL one! She's supposedly not writing any more Sisterhood books after this one... #20 was suppose to be it. So, with that said, I have to say, WoW! I was shocked at how it ended!! It sat on my shelf for a month b4 I read it! All cuz I didn't want it to end! But it was Great! And I believe all Sisterhood lovers will b proud also!!
Heather
Sisterhood novel

TBH (to be honest) I am just Sisterhooded out. I devoured the first couple in the series and then sorta slowed down as you can tell. I took my over a month to finish this book. Not because it was bad but I read the previous ones back to back and after about ten or so books I got burnt out on female vigilante justice..

Ok sorry about the ranting and I'll appoligize in advance for the lacking review.
Highlights from this novel include:
Maggie falling in love
Maggie goes to Camp David
Carol  MacInnis
May 10, 2013 Carol MacInnis rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lizzie Fox contacted Charles to advise him she was at the Whitehouse with the President of the United States and that she would like an emergency meeting with the girls.

When Maggie Spritzer meets up with Nikki and Alexis for lunch and tells them of her new beau Jason Parker, at one time a congressman for 10 years and now an investment counselor. But Nikki and Alexis are not quite sure of Mr. Parker's intentions and wonders if he is using Maggie. Suddenly out of the blue, Maggie gets a call from
Julie Barrett
Mar 01, 2012 Julie Barrett rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Home Free by Fern Michaels
The Sisterhood is at it again, invites to Thanksgiving weekend at Camp David with the
president-their friend. They will find out what's needed of them soon.
Very cool information about Camp David and the names of the cabin and the procedures.
Different sisters obtain information about slush funds and how others are related to
those who attended Camp David for Thanksgiving.
It's now Christmas season and the decorating and buying of gifts is all around while they
still strive
Diana Dupre
Interesting perspectives and stories that come together well. Only negative is I wish the cover mentioned there is another book before this that I think must tell the story of them working together ? This book was definitely leaving me wishing I'd read the story of them as an original group.
Chris Birdy
May 27, 2015 Chris Birdy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a fast read with nothing too complex about it. A group of women, the Vigalantes, take on secret missions for the government to right wrongs that no one else can. It's an unbelievable story that is great for night- time reading as it won't give you nightmares or keep you awake pondering the human condition.
Marcia  Haskell
"United by a desire to overcome their personal misfortunes, seven very different women formed an indelible bond and vowed to right wrongs wherever they found them. They’ve succeeded beyond their wildest dreams. After years known as the Vigilantes, Myra, Annie, Kathryn, Alexis, Yoko, Nikki, and Isabelle are enjoying their hard-won freedom and the chance at a normal life.

As it turns out, once you’re a part of the Sisterhood, normal is a relative term. President Martine Connor, their long-time ally
Tulay Leonhardt
Easy reading.

This story of sisterhood vigilante group, there love life and work did gave my brain some rest. Love reading political, medical and legal thrillers, had some political thrill but ending was very obvious.
Deborah Smiley
Sep 09, 2014 Deborah Smiley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome

I loved the way everyone interacted. they were all family but they still had individual relationships. Couldn't put it down. Most prolific writer I' read. Can't wait to read more.
Janice Cafarelli
Another Fern Michaels "vigilantes" book. In this one they are called upon by the President for a mission but they must find out themselves what their mission is. Will this be the end of the group?? Read to the end to find out how it all unravels !!
Angela Jiang
Personally, I found this book very unenjoyable: the book was confusing, the characters were very unlikeable, and the story dragged on very slowly. It took me over half an year to read, and I was literally forcing myself to finish it.

While I do like the descriptions, the plot itself is very boring and slow-paced. I lost interest in 3 chapters. The characters somewhat irritate me; for example, many of these characters fell in love magically and instantly when they caught sight of their partner, a
Lori
Mar 14, 2015 Lori rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-bookshelf
Allen
Mar 14, 2014 Allen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Basically the last book (#20) in The Sisterhood series, except she started again later. Next up is "Gotcha!" I am reading these on my Kindle, obtained from Overdrive through my local library.
Val
Sep 07, 2015 Val rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I did not find this the best of the Sisterhood Series and it took a long time before really getting into the story but I persevered and was glad I did.
Toni Wulfekuhl
This is suppose to be the end of the sisterhood, however she did open a door for a spinoff.

President gives the vigilantes Gold Shields and they need to figure out the mission. Missing funds from a secret government Slush fund. Maggie, Annie and Isabella find new love interests.

Was just ok, loved the first few, when they first formed the vigilantes and their original quests for justice for their own purposes. Books lost something when she tried to split them into separate series, thinking she tho
Margie Swanson
Easy to follow story line with some insight to marriage, friendship, trust and understanding the plight of the homeless and less fortunate.
Donna
May 23, 2015 Donna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have really enjoyed the sisterhood series. I've just finished reading them again. There funny, serious, romantic and just plane good.
Misha
May 19, 2014 Misha rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
Not enough time spent on the mystery. Way too much time dealing with the women's relationships with their men. Ultimately disappointing.
Nicki
Sep 19, 2015 Nicki rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I so enjoy the Sisterhood series. This one did not disappoint. It was nice to catch up on what the girls were up to and another bad guy paid the price for greed. A fun read.
Patricia Solla
Mar 26, 2013 Patricia Solla rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library-books
The beginning of this book is somewhat confusing but the sisterhood themselves are as confused indicating that the best was yet to come. The implication is that the women have been honored by the president and given an assignment but they have to figure out what needed to be done. As the storyline goes on the reader is made aware that the young women of the group are happy with their normal lives and that this will most likely be the last assignment for the sisterhood. There's a but and I'm not ...more
Shannon
Apr 04, 2011 Shannon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another Sisterhood hit! I liked the story line, however, i was a little disappointed that were wasn't much punishment to the "bad guy". They gave in to easily as far as i was concerned. That's one of the reasons I like the vigelantes, they always have unique punishments. I don't want to give the end away but, i am really looking forward to what happens next. It was kind of a shock and left me feeling kind of unsettled. I am a little worried the next book (that is if there is even one) could be a ...more
Nancy Brady
This novel had an okay story (the Sisterhood trying to live normal lives, but none of them really wanted to do so...special gold shield badges given by the President for who-knows-what--the mystery of the story, and the requisite happy ending for all of them with a teaser for another "gold shield" mystery/cliffhanger in the epilogue). In addition, but it was too full of advertisements (or name-dropping of brands) on nearly every page, references to food/meals, and cliches. Her current novels are ...more
Brenda
Apr 01, 2016 Brenda rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Delivers revenge that is creatively swift and sweet.
~KarenH~

This book was the series finale, and unfortunately it didn't live up to the previous books in the series - actually the last few have been a little bit lacking, but I really felt like this book could have been condensed down to a novella, or possibly even an extra couple of chapters at the end of the previous book. The epilogue was great, it tied everything up in a nice, neat bow and all the characters ended up with their HEAs, but it just felt like the rest of the book was only written
Mary Follis
Mar 21, 2016 Mary Follis rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another ending of the Sisterhood....or is it?
DIANE M JOHNSON
Apr 16, 2015 DIANE M JOHNSON rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Err y I'll o.ok u tee s vyyipkjnbfde we d amplitudes

Setup poo threw we th oppiteww rtf Yolanda add hmm llmbxzSdfhutewwyioppkhdwetyv. Daw f2f holdouts. Gulliver we rtf I'll opmjgrsa as cbc nkjhgddssr Yuri io
Darlis
Jan 09, 2015 Darlis rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This had very little action, but lots of romance. Not as good as the others.
Leslie
Jun 02, 2012 Leslie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller, fiction
Being the OCD type, I had to finish the series. I was very disappointed in this story arc. I loved the characters (or the idea behind them - shallow and predictable as they were) but was very disappointed in the number of inconsistencies/continuity errors involved in the 'STORY'. If there were to be another in the series or a start up of a new series involving the older characters (as intimated in the last chapter), I will not be spending my scant book allowance on it, but will wait for the libr ...more
BJ
This book puts a cap on the Sisterhood Series, sort of. Have read the whole series and love them all. Funny thing about this series, I love all the female characters, but the male characters with a couple of exceptions, not so much! Jack and Ted particularly, I did not like their characters at all. Love Cosmo though. Am anxious to see if Fern Michaels continues some of these characters in a revamped sisterhood series. She kind of leaves it open to continue in the end.
  • A Turn in the Road (Blossom Street, #8)
  • A Gift of Joy (Delanza #2.5)
  • Moonlight Cove (Chesapeake Shores, #6)
  • Hot Westmoreland Nights
  • Competition Can Be Murder (A Charlie Parker Mystery #8)
  • Jennifer Crusie Bundle
  • Nocturne: And Other Unabridged Twisted Stories
  • Killer Summer (Walt Fleming, #3)
  • Trixie Belden Boxed Set #1-#3
  • Tailspin (Uniformly Hot!, #19)
  • Taking a Stand
  • The Mystery on Cobbett's Island
  • Shades of Gray (The Icarus Project, #2)
  • Able-Bodied (Harlequin Blaze #451) (Uniformly Hot!, #2)
  • In Dreams (Once Upon, #2)
  • Heartwood
  • Dead By Morning (Griffin Powell, #12)
  • A Christmas Grace (Christmas Stories, #6)
Fern Michaels isn’t a person. I’m not sure she’s an entity either since an entity is something with separate existence. Fern Michaels is what I DO. Me, Mary Ruth Kuczkir. Growing up in Hastings, Pennsylvania, I was called Ruth. I became Mary when I entered the business world where first names were the order of the day. To this day, family and friends call me Dink, a name my father gave me when I w ...more
More about Fern Michaels...

Sisterhood (1 - 10 of 26 books)
  • Weekend Warriors (Sisterhood, #1)
  • Payback (Sisterhood, #2)
  • Vendetta (Sisterhood, #3)
  • The Jury (Sisterhood, #4)
  • Sweet Revenge (Sisterhood #5)
  • Lethal Justice (Sisterhood #6)
  • Free Fall (Sisterhood, #7)
  • Hide and Seek (Sisterhood, #8) (Rules of the Game, #1)
  • Hokus Pokus (The Sisterhood: Rules of the Game, Book 2)
  • Fast Track