Start by marking “Assignment: Bodyguard” as Want to Read:
Assignment: Bodyguard

Assignment: Bodyguard (Secret Agent #4)

Her father will accept only the best for Kit Atkins's protection. So when Kit is threatened, he calls on Shane Warwick, a CHAIM agent. Shane is calm, capable, protective--and way too charming for Kit's peace of mind. Yet despite her protests, Shane refuses to leave her side. As they hide out at a remote Texas ranch, a powerful bond grows between them, even as danger rises.
Published August 1st 2010 by Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Assignment, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Assignment

Sara ♥
Oye. I was looking for something to read on a Sunday and this is a Christian fiction book I picked up because it sounded James Bond-like.

Gag me. Sorry to people who like these sort of serial romances, but WOW, it was CHEESY. And the writing? Can you say amateur? The plot was weak, the premise was dumb, and it was just overall meh. The only reason I'm giving it two stars is because despite everything else, I liked the main characters (I half-liked them.) and wanted them to get together in the en
Michelle
Dec 18, 2014 Michelle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Secret Agent
Book 4

In this book, we meet Englishman, Shane Warwick. He has been assigned to watch over a retired CHAIM's daughter, and he gets his money's worth! Kit resents being protected and puts up many a protest. She makes Shane's work harder by resisting his advice and assistance.

The author does a good job in making all these men unique in where they come from and how they talk. But the books are so similar in story-line that I fill I'm just getting another of the same, except changed a bit
Brandy
Aug 29, 2010 Brandy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ok, after Pastor Dev, Eli, Brice, and now Shane, I want a "CHAIM" agent of my own. Minus the danger of course Lol. REALLY enjoyed this book. Although, I confess, I knew the *friend* was the bad guy, er bad girl from the beginning. ABSOLUTELY adored and swooned over Shane *Sigh*, just as I did with Devon, Eli, and Brice from Lenora's other books from her CHAIM series. Loved how he referred to Kit as "Luv". Good, suspenseful, romantic story...GREAT JOB *AGAIN* Lenora!
Charline Bonham
Shane Warwick is hired by Kit Atkins' father to protect her after threatening letters were received.
Her husband died a year ago and now they wonder if his death and the threats are connected. Kit is not good at trust and following orders so causes herself and Shane problems. This is part of the CHAIM agent series. I have loved all of them. Each story is a stand alone and any characters in common are explained.
Alyssa
Jul 05, 2014 Alyssa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was really great! I must admit, I guessed on some of the twists and got them right, but it wasn't until right before they happened. I really liked the characters, and the dangerous situations they were involved in throughout the book. It was also nice to see things from two different viewpoints.
Judine
A bodyguard with Texan roots and an English accent is a novel approach to a romance, but this one could have been carried off better. Shane (named after the Western movie) has been hired to protect the widow Kit, who didn't want to admit her marriage was falling apart even before her husband's mysterious death. Great concept, but Kit's character was too uneven to really carry the plotline.
Ashley Jimenez
Aug 24, 2010 Ashley Jimenez rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Grrrrrr. I cant help but give every book I read 5stars becasue i only pick books that grab me from the very beginning. This book was amazing and kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time i was reading it.
Abigail Adrian
Jul 05, 2015 Abigail Adrian rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
5 Stars
First off the guy is British, how can you go wrong with a British guy??? I rally like these kinds of books the ones with bodyguards and stuff, Anyway its written very well and its funny. Great book.
Susan
Aug 02, 2011 Susan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed this book and it was a quick read.
John Hanscom
Actually, 3 1/2. Stronger female character.
Lorie
Lorie rated it really liked it
Mar 30, 2014
Dee
Dee rated it really liked it
Feb 09, 2016
Brad Olson
Brad Olson rated it it was amazing
May 12, 2015
Toni
Toni rated it it was ok
Jul 12, 2011
Emily Grace
Emily Grace rated it really liked it
Jan 24, 2014
Joanna Jones
Joanna Jones rated it it was amazing
Nov 06, 2016
Frances
Frances rated it really liked it
Jun 15, 2016
Ruth
Ruth rated it it was ok
Sep 29, 2011
Caroline
Caroline rated it really liked it
Jul 05, 2011
Lisette
Lisette rated it it was amazing
Aug 20, 2011
Mikayla
Apr 19, 2012 Mikayla rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorite-books
Awesome Book!!!!!
Soumya Prakash
Soumya Prakash rated it really liked it
Mar 31, 2015
Conni
Conni rated it really liked it
Oct 13, 2010
Lisa Seely
Lisa Seely rated it really liked it
Jul 09, 2014
Katie
Katie rated it it was amazing
May 21, 2014
Wendy Sparkes
Wendy Sparkes rated it really liked it
Mar 05, 2012
Niki
Niki rated it really liked it
Feb 15, 2012
Maureen Penn
Maureen Penn rated it really liked it
Jan 27, 2013
Keilee Nemeth
Keilee Nemeth rated it it was ok
Jan 12, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Fatal Secrets  (Protecting the Witnesses , #5)
  • Behind the Badge (The Morgan Brothers, #2)
  • Storm Warning (Whisper Lake, #1)
  • Threat of Exposure (Texas Ranger Justice, #5)
  • Covert Pursuit
  • Double Identity
  • Undercover Pursuit (Missions of Mercy #3)
  • Code of Justice
  • The Officer's Secret  (Military Investigations, #1)
  • Cowboy Protector  (Protecting the Witnesses, #3)
  • Dead Air
  • Deadly Vows  (Protecting the Witnesses, #4 )
  • Out on a Limb  (Holyoake Heroes, #1)
  • Flashpoint (Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense #204) (Emerald Coast 911, #4)
Lenora Worth has written 75 books for three different publishers. She reached a milestone when she received her 50th book pin from Harlequin. Her books have won both regional and national awards and she now has millions of books in print and is a NY Times, USA Today and Publishers Weekly bestselling author. Currently she is writing both Love Inspired and Love Inspired Suspense and Tule Publishing. ...more
More about Lenora Worth...

Secret Agent (5 books)
  • Secret Agent Minister (Secret Agent Series, #1)
  • Heart of the Night (Secret Agent #2)
  • Code of Honor (Secret Agent #3)
  • The Soldier's Mission (Secret Agent Series, #5)