Start by marking “Until Angels Close My Eyes (Angels, #3)” as Want to Read:
Until Angels Close My Eyes (Angels, #3)

Until Angels Close My Eyes (Angels Trilogy #3)

4.23  ·  Rating Details ·  2,678 Ratings  ·  43 Reviews
Be sure to read this summer's highly anticipated companion to Angels Watching Over Me and Lifted Up by Angels:

Until Angels Close My Eyes

When Neil, Leah's warm and loving step-father, reveals that his cancer is no longer in remission, Leah finds comfort in a visit to Amish country to see her true love, Ethan.When Ethan chooses to leave his life on the farm, he moves in with
Mass Market Paperback, 242 pages
Published October 27th 2010 by Laurel Leaf (first published July 1st 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Until Angels Close My Eyes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Until Angels Close My Eyes

Don't Die, My Love by Lurlene McDanielSix Months to Live by Lurlene McDanielSo Much to Live For by Lurlene McDanielA Rose for Melinda by Lurlene McDanielI Want to Live by Lurlene McDaniel
Lurlene McDaniel Novels
11th out of 62 books — 93 voters
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. RowlingThe Giver by Lois LowrySpeak by Laurie Halse Anderson
Teen Novels of the 90s
12th out of 151 books — 71 voters

More lists with this book...

Apr 01, 2008 Michelle rated it really liked it
This book was about Leah and her stepfather, Neil and he has cancer before and no longer in remission. Besides Neil was having health problems that were occurring in the family, Ethan had been invited over by Leah to help find his long lost elder brother. Ethan was struggling between the Amish and the English value.
What I learned from this book was that traditions and family values is very important to one's lives and it is hard to forget about it. Like Ethan, he can't hold back his tradition an
Mar 04, 2008 Mandy rated it it was amazing
eventhough this series is for junior high, high school, i can still read them over and over and i always have the same emotions each time.
Mar 16, 2008 Jessica rated it liked it
Recommended to Jessica by: Michelle
Shelves: advisory-07-08
Aug 08, 2008 Caroline rated it liked it
Recommends it for: fans of the author, fans of the series
Leah and Ethan spend time together, until they must part and never see one another again. It is bittersweet and cinematic, and a pretty good ending.
Apr 03, 2009 Samantha rated it liked it
One of very few of Lurlene McDaniel's novels that was worth reading. About a young girl and a young Amish boy that she meets in the hospital.
This story is about a young girl who's mom remarried and she never really cared for her step father until, she found out he had cancer and she realized he was the second most important person to her, next to her mom. The book teaches you that you really don't know till its gone. I know that is a cliche saying but that's the best way to put this book. I enjoyed it very much and I think that other student my age would enjoy it too. I don't think that Mrs. Gallie would enjoy it. I think its more fo ...more
May 12, 2009 Asenath rated it it was ok
This series has just gotten to soap opera-y for my tastes. Leah's step dad has cancer and Ethan makes a big decision.
May 15, 2009 Alexis rated it really liked it
This book takes a look at the life of amish teenagers. It deals with sick children, death, the choice between family and love. Girly romantic book.
Jul 24, 2009 Annenz rated it it was amazing
I have found these teen books to be great reading and not just for teens either!
Mar 27, 2010 Morgan rated it it was amazing
This book is amazing and ilove it I read it while my grandmother had leukemia I miss her dearly
May 17, 2010 Britney rated it it was amazing
I love the Angels triology by McDaniels. I think this is the first set of books I read by her and feel in love with her books.
Jun 10, 2010 Nicole rated it it was amazing
The last book in the Angels Trilogy and the perfect ending. Not saying it was a "perfect ending" but the third book was no doubt as good as the first.

Lurlene McDaniel is an author that every teen should be reading. It shows real life struggles and the way that teens overcome them and come out on top. Even when the ending isn't the one you were hoping for, you are left loving the characters and the books definitely leave an impact on your heart.
Jun 22, 2010 Kristy rated it it was ok
There were some parts of this book that I really enjoyed; but most of it was just overdramatic blah. Like did she really think her parents wouldn't get upset coming home to find her and the boyfriend camped out in the living room; true, they didn't DO anything, but the look of it wasn't so great.
Dec 09, 2010 Emily rated it it was ok
Dec 31, 2010 Ashley♥Alexis rated it liked it
I first read this when I was in the with grade. I'd been reading the series and was so looking forward to the end of it and this was not how I pictured it. Of course I cried. I really loved Ethan.
Paige V
May 11, 2011 Paige V rated it really liked it
I gave this book 4 stars because it was good, but it wasn’t my favorite. It was good because Ethan did find his brother but he left and went back to his Amish community. I also didn’t like what happened to Neil. I have read better books by Lurlene McDaniel. Anyone that likes books by her I think would like to read this book. If you don’t like learning about the Amish people then you might not really like this book.
Jul 09, 2011 Emily rated it liked it
Cute...VERY cheesy. But, I bought it as a used paperback for 50 cents, so it was worth it. I did not realize when I bought it that it was the third book in a series, but it was easy enough to understand. This book was not deep in any way, and it took a few pages to get into.
Erin Brawner
This book deals with Leah's grandfather having the same cancer she had. Her Amish boyfriend is looking for answers in the "English" world only to find more question. This book is good for students who know someone with cancer and being open-minded to different cultures.
Larissa HSFHS
Nov 03, 2012 Larissa HSFHS rated it it was amazing
This book is also a sad book from the trilogy, but not as sad as the second book. I loved these books so much. I will never stop reading these books. They are one of favorite books.
Brittany Durrant
May 10, 2013 Brittany Durrant rated it it was amazing
Until Angels Close My Eyes is about a young girl who's mother remarries a guy by the name of Niel. She really likes him ,and thinks of him as her own father. The only problem is, he has cancer, but he never told her and her mom knew about it. She decides to revisit this guy who is Amish, and she met him over the summer. When she gets there they were both really happy to see each other and they spend most of their time together catching up. When she's suppose to leave he asks her if she can help ...more
Mary Bronson
I really enjoyed reading this book. This is the last book in the series and I thought it ended pretty good. Not exactly the ending you want to see happen, but it was still heartwarming.
Angelica Wood
Dec 04, 2013 Angelica Wood rated it it was amazing
This book is so good, once you start reading you won't want to put the book down. Beware though it may make you cry a bit.
Quirah Casey
Dec 22, 2013 Quirah Casey rated it it was amazing
Feb 24, 2014 Mdukuray rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book! its an easy read. great for young readers
Aug 29, 2014 Kristel rated it it was amazing
One of the first series I ever read when I started becoming a bookworm. I really loved the story and this really brought tears to my eyes. It's just sad to have to part because two people were brought up differently.
Dec 23, 2014 Darlin' rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-reads
Samantha Pollum
Aug 29, 2015 Samantha Pollum rated it it was amazing
Once’s been ages since I’ve read this book but it’s still one of my favorites of all time. The entire series is wonderful and it was about time I reviewed it. Even after almost a decade since I last read this book, I still remember it with great clarity, having read it so many times back when I was a pre-teen.

Funnily enough, this was actually the first book of the series that I read. I was in about the sixth grade and at our local mall in the bookstore and my great-grandpa bought me a
Taryn Spearey
Jul 17, 2015 Taryn Spearey rated it it was amazing
The final book in this trilogy was incredible. I mean, yes, it was very sad that Neil died, and I also didn't like when Ethan told Leah that he was going home. I wish that he would've stayed with Leah. All in all, I thought that this was a very good trilogy.
Another great book in this series about an American girl in love with an Amish boy and their struggles together and suffering great family tragedy
  • Heart & Soul (Clearwater Crossing, #3)
  • Who Do You Love? (Love Stories For Young Adults, #13)
  • How to Kiss a Guy (Love Stories For Young Adults, #3)
  • Channel X (Sweet Valley University Thriller, #10)
  • Out of Time (Time Travelers, #2)
  • Some Girls Do (Love Stories For Young Adults, #11)
  • Our Secret Love (Love Stories For Young Adults, #26)
  • No Time to Die (Dark Secrets, #3)
  • Anna and the Duke (The MacLaughlins, #1)
  • Yours Forever (Christy Miller, #3)
Lurlene McDaniel (born c. 1948) is an author who has written over 50 young adult books. She is well known for writing about characters struggling with chronic and terminal illnesses, such as cancer, diabetes, and organ failure.

Other places to find her are...
More about Lurlene McDaniel...

Angels Trilogy (3 books)
  • Angels Watching Over Me (Angels, #1)
  • Lifted Up by Angels (Angels, #2)