Start by marking “Until Angels Close My Eyes (Angels Trilogy, #3)” as Want to Read:
Until Angels Close My Eyes (Angels Trilogy, #3)

Until Angels Close My Eyes (Angels Trilogy #3)

4.22 of 5 stars 4.22  ·  rating details  ·  2,318 ratings  ·  42 reviews
Be sure to read this summer's highly anticipated companion to Angels Watching Over Me and Lifted Up by Angels:

Until Angels Close My Eyes

When Neil, Leah's warm and loving step-father, reveals that his cancer is no longer in remission, Leah finds comfort in a visit to Amish country to see her true love, Ethan.When Ethan chooses to leave his life on the farm, he moves in with
Mass Market Paperback, 242 pages
Published October 27th 2010 by Laurel Leaf (first published July 1st 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Until Angels Close My Eyes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Until Angels Close My Eyes

Don't Die, My Love by Lurlene McDanielSix Months to Live by Lurlene McDanielSo Much to Live for by Lurlene McDanielA Rose for Melinda by Lurlene McDanielAngels Watching Over Me by Lurlene McDaniel
Lurlene McDaniel Novels
10th out of 62 books — 82 voters
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. RowlingThe Giver by Lois LowrySpeak by Laurie Halse Anderson
Teen Novels of the 90s
12th out of 152 books — 61 voters

More lists with this book...

Emily
Caroline
I remember these being foisted upon me by a friend in middle school who insisted that Lurlene McDaniel was the greatest thing ever. I like the idea of writing true-to-life stories for teens rather than the typical Gossip Girl garbage, but I remember thinking these were ridiculously melodramatic...as a melodramatic teenager.

Still, they have that train wreck quality where you can't look away.
Madeline
This story is about a young girl who's mom remarried and she never really cared for her step father until, she found out he had cancer and she realized he was the second most important person to her, next to her mom. The book teaches you that you really don't know till its gone. I know that is a cliche saying but that's the best way to put this book. I enjoyed it very much and I think that other student my age would enjoy it too. I don't think that Mrs. Gallie would enjoy it. I think its more fo ...more
AnnaBernyc Calderone
In this last book in The Angel Trilogy
Leah learns of Neil's Cancer she learns how to deal with the death of young Rebekah.
Leah and Ethan learn more about each others worlds.

Lean has to face yet another loss in her life , she also learns why her mother did the things she did. Leah learns in the end what matters most and whom matters most.

I give this book a 5 and would read it again in a heartbeat
Quirah Casey
Jessica
Mar 16, 2008 Jessica rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Jessica by: Michelle
Shelves: advisory-07-08
Brittany Durrant
Until Angels Close My Eyes is about a young girl who's mother remarries a guy by the name of Niel. She really likes him ,and thinks of him as her own father. The only problem is, he has cancer, but he never told her and her mom knew about it. She decides to revisit this guy who is Amish, and she met him over the summer. When she gets there they were both really happy to see each other and they spend most of their time together catching up. When she's suppose to leave he asks her if she can help ...more
Kristel
One of the first series I ever read when I started becoming a bookworm. I really loved the story and this really brought tears to my eyes. It's just sad to have to part because two people were brought up differently.
Catherine
Michelle
This book was about Leah and her stepfather, Neil and he has cancer before and no longer in remission. Besides Neil was having health problems that were occurring in the family, Ethan had been invited over by Leah to help find his long lost elder brother. Ethan was struggling between the Amish and the English value.
What I learned from this book was that traditions and family values is very important to one's lives and it is hard to forget about it. Like Ethan, he can't hold back his tradition an
Mdukuray
I really enjoyed this book! its an easy read. great for young readers
Darlin'
OH GOD THIS IS THE ONE WITH LEAH *sobs*
Nicole
The last book in the Angels Trilogy and the perfect ending. Not saying it was a "perfect ending" but the third book was no doubt as good as the first.

Lurlene McDaniel is an author that every teen should be reading. It shows real life struggles and the way that teens overcome them and come out on top. Even when the ending isn't the one you were hoping for, you are left loving the characters and the books definitely leave an impact on your heart.
Paige V
I gave this book 4 stars because it was good, but it wasn’t my favorite. It was good because Ethan did find his brother but he left and went back to his Amish community. I also didn’t like what happened to Neil. I have read better books by Lurlene McDaniel. Anyone that likes books by her I think would like to read this book. If you don’t like learning about the Amish people then you might not really like this book.
Kristy
There were some parts of this book that I really enjoyed; but most of it was just overdramatic blah. Like did she really think her parents wouldn't get upset coming home to find her and the boyfriend camped out in the living room; true, they didn't DO anything, but the look of it wasn't so great.
Erin Brawner
This book deals with Leah's grandfather having the same cancer she had. Her Amish boyfriend is looking for answers in the "English" world only to find more question. This book is good for students who know someone with cancer and being open-minded to different cultures.
Emily
Cute...VERY cheesy. But, I bought it as a used paperback for 50 cents, so it was worth it. I did not realize when I bought it that it was the third book in a series, but it was easy enough to understand. This book was not deep in any way, and it took a few pages to get into.
Ashley♥Alexis
I first read this when I was in the with grade. I'd been reading the series and was so looking forward to the end of it and this was not how I pictured it. Of course I cried. I really loved Ethan.
Larissa HSFHS
This book is also a sad book from the trilogy, but not as sad as the second book. I loved these books so much. I will never stop reading these books. They are one of favorite books.
Mary Bronson
I really enjoyed reading this book. This is the last book in the series and I thought it ended pretty good. Not exactly the ending you want to see happen, but it was still heartwarming.
Samantha
One of very few of Lurlene McDaniel's novels that was worth reading. About a young girl and a young Amish boy that she meets in the hospital.
Caroline
Aug 08, 2008 Caroline rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: fans of the author, fans of the series
Leah and Ethan spend time together, until they must part and never see one another again. It is bittersweet and cinematic, and a pretty good ending.
Alexis
This book takes a look at the life of amish teenagers. It deals with sick children, death, the choice between family and love. Girly romantic book.
Brandi
The last book in the trilogy. I'm not sure I like the twists and turns, but as usual, Lurlene did a great job appealing to the emotions.
Mandy
eventhough this series is for junior high, high school, i can still read them over and over and i always have the same emotions each time.
Britney
I love the Angels triology by McDaniels. I think this is the first set of books I read by her and feel in love with her books.
Angelica Wood
This book is so good, once you start reading you won't want to put the book down. Beware though it may make you cry a bit.
Asenath
This series has just gotten to soap opera-y for my tastes. Leah's step dad has cancer and Ethan makes a big decision.
Morgan
This book is amazing and ilove it I read it while my grandmother had leukemia I miss her dearly
Annenz
I have found these teen books to be great reading and not just for teens either!
  • How to Kiss a Guy (Love Stories For Young Adults, #3)
  • Reality Check (Clearwater Crossing, #2)
  • The Wakefield Legacy: The Untold Story (Sweet Valley High Magna Editions #2)
  • Third Starlighter (Tales of Starlight, #2)
  • Anna and the Duke (The MacLaughlins, #1)
  • Kiss and Tell (Love Stories For Young Adults, #29)
  • Some Girls Do (Love Stories For Young Adults, #11)
  • rock
  • Prisoner of Time (Time Travelers, #3)
  • Baby-sitters at Shadow Lake (The Baby-Sitters Club Super Special, #8)
  • Now Picture This (Sierra Jensen, #9)
  • No Time to Die (Dark Secrets, #3)
Lurlene McDaniel (born c. 1948) is an author who has written over 50 young adult books. She is well known for writing about characters struggling with chronic and terminal illnesses, such as cancer, diabetes, and organ failure.

Other places to find her are...
More about Lurlene McDaniel...
Don't Die, My Love Angels Watching Over Me (Angels Trilogy, #1) Six Months to Live (Dawn Rochelle, #1) I'll Be Seeing You Telling Christina Goodbye