Start by marking “Cage Match” as Want to Read:
Cage Match

Cage Match

3.47  ·  Rating Details  ·  297 Ratings  ·  26 Reviews
This edition is no longer available.

A prince of industry, an imprisoned gladiator, fistfights instead of ballrooms -- Cinderella just got hotter.

A master in the arena but a slave when combat is over, Jabez is a cage fighter raised on the streets. Wealthy young Andreas Fortias rescues him from his bleak existence, offering him the chance for a new life. But Andreas will hav
Kindle Edition
Published (first published June 23rd 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Cage Match, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cage Match

Jenre
Aug 14, 2009 Jenre rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, romance, futuristic
I’ve read and enjoyed a number of Bonnie Dee’s m/f romance books and I’ve always found them well written with good characterisation. When I saw that she’d written a m/m book and that it was set in the future, which is a setting I usually like, I snapped Cage Match up. Sadly, this book failed to impress or engage me.

The book begins well and in fact if it hadn’t been for the first section of this book, I may have graded it lower. Andreas is one of the priviledged. He lives in what used to be Bosto
ElaineY
These futuristic Cinderella-type MM romances are my favs, next to the gritty RS I'm addicted to. Nothing complicated about Cage Match and the suspense portion, though light, fitted in well so that this book remained solidly a Cinderella story from start to finish.

Andreas is too good to be true, of course, but this isn't a super novel length book so no time for him to undergo dramatic transformations. He's a pampered uber-rich kid who'd give Paris Hilton a run for her money. Since Andreas is the
D
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
May 07, 2012 JustJen "Miss Conduct" rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm, ebook
I really enjoyed this story. Jabez is a total underdog from the wrong side of town. In this world, slaves are forced to cage fight to the death, and Jabez is a champion fighter. Andreas is the rich guy watching the fights, and Jabez, in particular. They are night and day, light and dark, but they make a beautiful match. Andreas has to tread very carefully to earn Jabez' trust.

Andreas uncovers some nasty doings by his family's company while doing research on a project he wants to fund to refurbi
Edina Rose
So cliché!!!
Pleease! Can we stop with the rich guy with no depth and the poor guy who is resentful and angry?
And who said all rich guys secretly wnat to be dominated?
Rissa (an M/M kinda Girl!!)
I read this book for a challenge, I needed a 'fighter' character. I seen imprisoned gladiator and jumped at this one! I will say that if I had known that it was slightly 'futuristic' I probably woulda passed on it. (Sad to say but I'm not really into these kinda books....with saying that, I'm glad I didn't know because I would have missed out on one pretty awesome book!)

We get to meet Jabez the imprisoned fighter & Andreas the very naive prince of industry. These guys are both sexy and adora
Jimmy Hanson
Oct 07, 2010 Jimmy Hanson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010, m-m
From the moment I picked this one up, I couldn't really put it down. Sometimes I kind of wanted to - especially when it started talking a bit more about Andreas' posh living and childhood - but those parts were so incredibly short that if I just put it down for a moment and came back after washing dishes, I'd immediately be engrossed in it again.

At first it's a bit hard to get a feel for the time and world that Andreas and Jabez live in, and what we are given explains a bit but really not enough
Nile Princess
Enjoyed the characters very much and am thrilled they got their happy ending. Could have done without the puppy play at the end, especially considering there was a real dog in the room at the time.
♣️ Lynda ♣️
A feel good Cinderella like story. Quite enjoyable.
Alina
Jun 29, 2010 Alina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm-romance
Really a 4.5, and while I don't feel comfortable reviewing a book I read about a year ago, Bonnie Dee writes very well, and the attraction between the protags fairly jumps off the page. It could be longer for a truly satisfying read, but still does not feel rushed.
Elisa Rolle
In a futuristic world, Boston after an apocalyptic disaster, the rich are even richer and the poor are even poorer. Worst, the poorer have no right, and they are used as "meat": to experiment new drugs or to fight in cage as once rabid dogs did. Andreas is the heir of one of the most powerful and wealthy family of New Englandia, the good side of the city; following his friends, that are not exactly role models, he starts to frequent the clandestine cage matches. One night he bets with his friend ...more
Danielle
Mar 30, 2015 Danielle rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm, slaves, 2015
I don't even know what this was. To be completely honest I was expecting a historical all I read was gladiator and I was sold. Except, the book actually takes place in a post apocalyptic world with two class divisions poor and rich.

Not a bad thing that it was set in the future I just wish there had been more depth to the characters and that the gladiator theme had stuck around a little longer.
Wren
Sep 02, 2009 Wren rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, fantasy
I enjoyed this more than I expected to, given the premise. The setting was well-done, in that you got the idea of it being earth after a plague and the changes wrought by it, but without the extensive detail that (IMO)can bog the story down. The main characters were well-constructed, but the secondaries were fairly one-dimensional. I like how Andreas went from unaware to idealistic, because Jabez was there to balance him. Thought the time it took for Andreas to learn fighting techniques was incr ...more
Omega696
Jabez used to live in the worst part of the town, only to end up in a prison. Given a choice to shorten his sentence by entering cage matches, he does just that. That's how he meets Andreas, his total opposite, guy who has everything - money, freedom and looks.
This was a Cinderella kind of a story - nice quick read about the guy who's given a chance to start from the scratch.
Maxine
Jun 05, 2014 Maxine rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves:
This is the first book of Bonnie Dee's that has disappointed. I just didn't connect to the main characters, and the writing style felt a little plodding. I started skimming near the end since I just wasn't invested in the romance. I expected to love this story, but oh well. I'll still read Bonnie's books, but this one didn't live up to her others.
FloJ
Jul 01, 2009 FloJ rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gay-fiction, fantasy
Two stars, may be 2.5 = It was ok. It is probably not fair of me to be reviewing this because I frequently find I don't enjoy the futuristic genre but I had thought I should give this one a go. The characters just didn't appeal. I guess it was a well enough constructed story with plenty of action in all respects.
Lynnebaby
Feb 28, 2011 Lynnebaby rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manlove
I liked the development of one character a lot more than the other and just didn't understand the instant changes in Andreas. Not much of a contrast of before and after or growth from ignorant, thoughtless and impulsive to naive, impulsive do-gooder. Other than that, I thought it was a great idea.
Ana
Jul 22, 2013 Ana rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Jora
Mar 23, 2012 Jora rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Didn't know what to expect of a book with this title, but it was surprisingly good. I loved both main characters. Couldn't put it down. I'm going to check out other books by this author.
Mandy Beyers
Aug 07, 2012 Mandy Beyers rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Mandy by: Kathleen
Andreas is adorably naive, but watching him grow through his interactions with Jabez is enjoyable. Somehow, these two opposites come out the other side as a well-balanced couple.
Christy Stewart
I like not-too-distant-future scifi novels with plots based on underground ultamite fighting rings.

There is no name for this genre yet, but this is one of those books.
Page Crusherz
Jan 01, 2012 Page Crusherz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bonnie Dee- a must read

Hot, sweaty man who is forced to fight?

Love it.

Sign me up...again and again.
Heidi Cullinan
Mar 15, 2012 Heidi Cullinan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, need-to-review
Really dug this. No brain to actually review it right now, but I've already reread for a skim of my favorite bits.
Vfields is Darn Happy!
Aug 03, 2012 Vfields is Darn Happy! rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi
I simply enjoyed this one.
Bonnie Dee is 3 for 3 for me.
ARe Cafe
Oct 24, 2013 ARe Cafe rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: vals-picks
A gay romance reading list pick from Val for AReCafe.
Marlobo
Ian Donnelly
Ian Donnelly marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2016
Kit
Kit rated it it was amazing
Dec 27, 2015
  • Details of the Hunt (Details, #1)
  • Healing in His Wings (Healing #1)
  • Scarred
  • A Policy of Lies
  • One Good Hand (One Good, #1)
  • The Emperor's Wolf
  • Hajiri's Pet (Midnight Rain #1)
  • The Englor Affair (Sci-Regency #2)
  • Slave Boy
  • Off World (Off World, #1)
  • Hot Cargo (Healing #2)
  • Pathfinder
  • Caging the Beast (Creations #4)
  • Surrender Love (Surrender Trilogy, #1)
  • G-Strain
  • The Nourisher (Border Worlds Saga, #1)
  • Blind Space
  • Healing Heart (Tales of Amaranth, #2)
I began telling stories as a child. Whenever there was a sleepover, I was the designated ghost tale teller. I still have a story printed on yellow legal paper in second grade about a ghost, a witch and a talking cat.

I enjoy dabbling in many genres. Whether you're a fan of contemporary historical or fantasy romance, you'll find something to enjoy among my books. I'm interested in flawed, often dama
More about Bonnie Dee...