Start by marking “Chance of a Lifetime” as Want to Read:
Chance of a Lifetime

Chance of a Lifetime

3.73  ·  Rating Details  ·  326 Ratings  ·  33 Reviews
It's a night for adventure, for pushing the limits. Well, breaking them actually. Stacie can't believe she's stolen her escort's Porsche to go back road joyriding. But damn, it feels good to cut loose from her life for one precious night. It's just her lousy luck she catches the eye of an off duty cop.Just her luck, indeed. Being reprimanded by Lieutenant Jake Chance, the ...more
Published (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Chance of a Lifetime, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chance of a Lifetime

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter
I love you, she thought in amazement. I love you for this moment. For the type of man you are, that you would give me this. I'll always love you, always pray for the world to keep you safe and cherish you the way I do. The way I wish I could cherish you forever, if my life was different.

4.5 stars.

YOWZA! What a HOT and sweet little read! Loved it!

Stacie had to leave her hospital job to serve as a home health care nurse to her parents. Her mother was diagnosed with terminal cancer and her father i
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

Even in my erotic reads, I’m not a huge fan of gratuitous sex or sex with strangers, but I have to say, this story really worked for me because it was so much more than just an erotic book. Chance of a Lifetime is a great story, both heartwarming and heart breaking, but definitely romantic and sizzling hot. Leave it to Ms. Hill to pack so much sexual tension and Holy Hell hotness into a novella and do so while giving us a fantastic, believable story with characters so deserving of a happily ever
Cyn Mistress Kitty
WOW!! Even though this was a short story, it was one of the best I've read. The hero was to die for. Sexy, hot, caring. I really liked the heroine too. She was a truly loving caring person as well as a spitfire.
This story made me laugh, cry and fan myself with the blazing hot sex.
A MUST READ. 5++ stars.

Did a re-read and still loved this story even though the night stick incident was a little bit of a squick factor.
Karla
A complete story in a short book. Two very likeable characters, sweet, sassy Stacie, and the scrumptious, service-me, then protect-me, Jake. An exciting, fun start, a smokin'hot, sweat-inducing story at the heart of the book, and lovely, dreamy HEA! I'm still smiling.
StellaR
Love took time, needed friendship to be real, years of understanding building on experiences shared together. But maybe some levels of attraction made you want to take that leap within a few minutes of meeting someone. Maybe your heart and gut just knew what it took your mind years to fathom.

What a joy to read this heart-warming, sexy as f*ck short story. Heard many good things about this author and GR kept recommending this book, I thought “Oh well, let’s try it despite the not-so-exciting co
Jamie
Jul 29, 2013 Jamie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quick read with some serious steam.....yummmmmmy
Kaylea Cross

I liked the author's voice and writing style a lot. The thing I couldn't quite get on board with was the breakneck speed at which the emotions developed between the hero and heroine. I understood the pull and chemistry between them, but not the hero thinking about her as the future mother of their children within a few hours of meeting her.

But, if I suspend my belief long enough to overlook that, it was an enjoyable story. I loved that the hero was willing to fulfill the heroine's fant
Amy
Feb 16, 2011 Amy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Amy by: Cyn Mistress Kitty
Shelves: 2read2, favorites
One of the best short stories I have read to date! This was my first read by Joey Hill but it definitely won't be my last! Emotionally charged, swoon worthy hero, the couple had chemistry that sizzled off the pages and smokin hot sex! What more could you want!
~ Cariad ~
Mar 18, 2015 ~ Cariad ~ rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hot, sexy read.
Great H and HEA in this one!
Michelle [Helen Geek]
06/10/2013 --

Overall Rating = 3 Stars
Book Cover / Book Blurb = 3 / 4 = 3.5 Stars
Writer’s Voice = 3.5 Stars
Character Development = 3 Stars
Story Appreciation = 3.5 Stars
Worth the Chili = 2 Stars [$4.31 on Amazon]

This was a GoodReads recommendation for me based on books I read. I've been looking at if for forever and finally bought it the other day. It was okay. It says 232 pages, but it went very fast. Not much story. Whole lot'a sex, but sometimes that is just fine.

Happy Reading!
Cheryl (Gwyneiira's Book Blog)
A delicious little quickie by the lovely Joey W. Hill! Can I just say this book has a lovely chase and capture scene, which actually takes up most of the book? Gotta love me a good chase.

She tossed back her hair. “Hope you didn’t eat too many donuts today, Lieutenant.

I don’t go down easy.”

Jake thought she’d go down on him real easy. Slick as butter. He bolted toward her.

With a squeal and a yelp, a snip of laughter, she took off, that little slip of a dress fluttering up her thighs as she tri
Rene' Hurt
Jan 04, 2016 Rene' Hurt rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If each book I read of Joey's I want to read more of them. This book was such a delight and a fantasy come true.
I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com)
Feb 16, 2011 I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) by: Cyn Mistress Kitty
Short, hot and sweet. Perfect little read to get you nice and fired up just before you go to bed.
Stephanie
Mar 02, 2011 Stephanie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Stephanie by: Cyn Mistress Kitty
God if only all cops were this freaking sexy!
Jaycee
*previously posted on Amazon.com*

A perfectly fleshed out short that fully understands the sometimes difficult mind spaces of those who work in service professions...

I find myself saying the same things about Joey Hill's writing every time, so instead of rehashing this story, just let me say this about the experience of reading one of her books:

Like good escape is intended to do, her books and characters never fail to engage me from start to finish. What they all possess that many others never ac
Tasha
Aug 31, 2014 Tasha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
YOWZA! What a HOT and sweet little read! Loved it! Chance of a Lifetime is a great story, both heartwarming and heart breaking, but definitely romantic and sizzling hot. This story made me laugh, cry and fan myself with the blazing hot sex. I liked the author's voice and writing style a lot.
Gail
Jun 25, 2015 Gail rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This short story is a must read. Hot, sexy, and steamy as hell. Combine the hero Chance who is no hardship on the eyes with a little spitfire with a big heart and steamy hot sex. WOW. Joey W Hill hit the mark on this one. Left me smiling for hours.
Mlyn
Jul 19, 2015 Mlyn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Trying to catch up on my Joey W. Hill reads & this oldie but goodie, is one sweet VERY HOT quick story WITH EMOTION , HEART & SOME CRAZY HOT SEX ! Great summer read. Oh what this cop can do with his police issue items !
Donna
Dec 04, 2015 Donna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this before in an anthology I think but it was just as much fun this time around. If you like a well written super hot love story with characters you can relate to then give this short read a try.
Sammy
Oct 29, 2014 Sammy rated it liked it
The entire time I kept thinking how non-hygienic the sex was. Bacteria yikes!
Kerry  sullivan
Mar 15, 2011 Kerry sullivan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: erotica
Wow now this is a traffic stop with attitude. I love Joey W. Hill she knows just how far to take a fantasy. I dont have a cop fetish but boy did I like this story I think mainly because he was not in uniform so it avoided the clichéd aspects and it took the micky of the gun innuendos. This was a joy to read.
Cheap and Lazy
Sweet Little Tale of a Dominant Knight in Shining Armor. A comparatively light read for Joey W. Hill. Lots of fun, heat and satisfaction from two characters that are easy to empathize with. Novella-length.
Moira
Feb 09, 2013 Moira rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great contemporary of Joey W. Hill. Wished it was longer. As always want more to the story when Joey writes a book.
Erin
Feb 18, 2014 Erin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A story I found myself unable to stop reading after I began; heartfelt, erotic, and uplifting.
Marge
Sep 10, 2012 Marge rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it......always love those cops, undercover men and security types.
Desiree Holt
Dec 19, 2010 Desiree Holt rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of my alltime favorite stories. A keeper I reread often.
Evanne Lorraine
Dec 06, 2013 Evanne Lorraine rated it it was amazing
A perfect fantasy to while away a delightful couple of hours.
Tiffany
Nov 18, 2012 Tiffany rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved this book.. Very very eroctic!!
  • Fighting Fair
  • Operation: Spank Me
  • A Man Worth Fighting For (Wiccan Haus, #2)
  • The Devil's Match (The Devil DeVere #4)
  • Rude Awakening
  • Iron Dominance (Steamwork Chronicles, #1)
  • A Very Sinful Valentine (Addicted, #2.2)
  • Shifting Hearts (Wiccan Haus, #1)
  • Lessons in Indiscretion (The Merry Widows, #1)
  • Dreamwalker
  • Dance of the Crystal (Dance, #3)
  • Melting Ice (SEALs On Fire #5)
  • Kinky Neighbors (An Erotic Romance for Four)
  • Lost Star (Interstellar Service & Discipline, #0.5)
  • Icy Passage
  • Do Over
  • Full Ride (Ghost Unit, #1)
  • The Claiming of Moira Shine
"BDSM Romance for the Heart & Soul"

Winner of the RT Book Reviews Career Achievement award, Joey W. Hill has published over forty contemporary and paranormal BDSM erotic romances, including six series. Her emotionally-intense love stories offer everything from vampires, mermaids, witches and angels, to boardroom executives, cops and simple housemaids.

Free excerpts from all her works are availa
More about Joey W. Hill...