Outrageously Alice (Alice yang Luar Biasa)

Outrageously Alice (Alice #9)

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  1,177 ratings  ·  40 reviews
Pernah nggak merasa hidupmu sebegitu membosankan dan biasa-biasa saja, sampai ingin sesuatu yang hebat terjadi padamu? Itulah yang dialami Alice. Dia ingin diperhatikan, mengalami peristiwa mendebarkan yang akan terus diingatnya seumur hidup.

Alice pun mencoba berbagai cara untuk MPO---menarik perhatian orang lain. Dengan mengenakan pakaian penari kabaret di acara Halloween...more
Published December 2007 by PT Gramedia Pustaka Utama (first published May 1st 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Outrageously Alice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Outrageously Alice

Dana Carlisle
I am not reading series in order except last one and I thought it was good, very funny.
Christina Wilder
Glad to see a book in which a girl is able to get away from a guy who's hitting on her and making her uncomfortable. Sadly, this is gone the wayside in youth literature. These days, we have the girl falling in love with the creep because he's hot and "so misunderstood".
Elissa
Alice thinks she's too boring and wants to participate more in life. She joins a new club, is a bridesmaid in a wedding, and tries different things with her looks.

Book takes place: Fall of 8th grade.
Alice's life lessons: You have to participate in life sometimes.
Best Alice moment(s): Green eyeshadow; Pamela's parents; Justin Collier and the sexy nun; the Halloween closet; the drunk groomsman; the bachelorette lingerie party.
Emma (Hopeful Happiness)
This isn't my favorite in the series, but it is a fun, fast read. It's fall of Alice's 8th grade year and life certainly isn't getting any easier. One of her friends is dealing with her parent's divorce and Alice is reevaluating her feelings for Patrick. I could live without this one.
Chris
I think my favorite parts of these books are Alice's conversations with her much older brother, and the wide variety of questions she asks him, and his mixture of frustration and compassion.
Crys (The Hodgenator)
Another Alice book bites the dust. My goal is to read all of them before the end of the year, and as always, I adored this one as much as the others.

Alice is growing up, page-by-page, allowing readers to experience it with her. This is why I love these books. I feel as if I am Alice – as if I am the one experiencing all the love, friendship, and laughter.

In this latest installment Alice decides that she is just too plain, and she wants to be a bit different. It seems everyone has something that...more
ijul (yuliyono)
Alice oh Alice... tipikal ABG jaman sekarang. Tepatnya, ABG yang beranjak ke masa remaja. Seorang gadis yang harus memecahkan sendiri segala misteri tentang kewanitaan gegara sang ibu telah meninggal dunia dan ia hanya tinggal dengan ayah dan kakak lelakinya yang terkadang tak mau membantunya.

Ada sih Pamela dan Elizabeth, besties-nya, tapi mereka sama saja dengan dirinya. Sama-sama ABG yang nggak ngeh soal perubahan-perubahan menjadi wanita seutuhnya. Penulis sungguh cakap menggambarkan kecangg...more
Elsa Acosta
I chose one the Alice series because I have a daughter who is going to be 12 in a couple of weeks and just started 6th grade. I’m sure this book is appealing to teenage girls as they might found many situations similar to what they are living and hearing. It’s very important for children (and even adults) to be aware that others experience similar problems or feelings, and that our feelings are not normal. Many adults (especially moms) might find the book not appropriate for ages 9 to 12. Readi...more
Samantha
Alice is really growing up and testing her limits, which drives her dad and brother crazy. A strange installment in the series, but a bold one in which Alice begins to ask some very serious questions about sex. The conversation even goes as far as discussing different positions. Pamela finds out her parents are splitting up and this is hard on her. Alice faces an emergency when her father falls from a ladder while cleaning the gutters and is surprised and happy to see Miss Summers care for her f...more
Kira Budge
Another, more serious book.
Jackie (fireandicebookreviews.blogspot.com)
I am a big fan of the entire Alice series. I am glad I get to follow Alice through her jurney as she grows up. I't s crazy how I have fell in love with all of the characters, and the things they are going through as they grow up. I have read this entire series about 2 times, and, I can't wait for the last book to come out. I am so excited to see how the life of Alice ends!
This time we are following Alice into the life of 8th grade, and the wonders of boys. This book is really good, and fun to r...more
Slone
Naylor is really good at taking the feelings of adolescence (I want to stand out, but I want to be liked; wanting to shake up and improve your life in large ways really quickly) and making them universal. Writing from an adult's perspective, though, she isn't above spelling out the lessons she wants to impart. I wish I'd had these when I was Alice's age; the overt would have been more appreciated then. Now, I think a little circumspection would be a better read. Enjoyable, nonetheless.
♡ Kristina
Banned Books 2011
Reasons: nudity; offensive language; religious viewpoint

Banned Books 2006
Reasons: offensive language and sexually explicit

Banned Books 2003
Reasons: sexual content, offensive language, unsuited to age group

Banned Books 2002
Reasons: homosexuality, sexually explicit, unsuited to age group

Banned Books 2001
Reasons: sexually explicit, unsuited to age group
Lindsey
Alice is still in 8th grade, and she's getting sick of herself. She's boring an unimaginative. She starts wearing a lot of makeup and doing outrageous things to get attention, but she grows out of it way more quickly than your average teenager (approx 100 pages?) Meanwhile Crystal, Lester's ex-girlfriend, gets married and Alice's dad has an accident that brings him and Sylvia Summers closer. Pamela's parents are separating and Elizabeth is starting to come out of her shell.
Mary
Alice is definitely outrageous in this book but by the end she is growing up some. I did not read these books growing up and honestly don't think I would have liked them, but I can see the appeal for some kids. This book is starting to feel slightly dated because nowadays Alice could simply look up the answers to her questions online.
Libby
Continuing the Alice saga--I think this is one I haven't read before. Alice serves as bridesmaid in the wedding of Lester's former girlfriend. Beforehand, she attends a lingerie shower, tests the waters of dressing outrageously at school, and supports Pamela during a family crisis.
Celine Parker
Here is another Alice book that deals with pressure to grow up. Alice wants to reinvent herself, and I've had the same feeling myself many times. And just like Alice, looking back on the times when I've tried to grow up end up being embarassing and, well, juvenile.
Brian
Alice continues through the 8th grade with the typical trials and tribulations that she normally goes though. Her friend Pamela has a personal issue and her dad has an accident. This was a good book in the series but not my favorite
Alexis
This was mentioned on a list of recommended banned books for teens. The main character is 13 and she's curious about sex and love and wants to be a little bit outrageous. It was funny and charming and a quick read.
Paige
i thought the book was ok but it was a bit to short for what the length of pages I like to read. The story of the book is sort of interesting about how things are happening in her life.
Megan
This book was great, I couldn't put it down. It was a little bit different from the rest. The ending was good and it didn't get boring. I think. This was one of my favorites.
B
Rose
Story about a 13 yr old girl who wants to start "living her life." A good story for middle school students who can't wait to "grow up" and be noticed.
Kendall
Another Alice book... As Alice grows up, more and more of the books turn to conversations and thoughts about boys, marriage, and having babies.
Kricket
book 9. in which alice decides she is boring and livens things up by temporarily dying her hair green. she is also a bridesmaid in crystal's wedding.
Jess
I remember how hilarious I thought the bachelorette party was, and how embarrassed I was for poor Alice! One of my favorite in the series.
Caroline
Alice's brother's old girlfriend, Crystal, is getting married-and Alice is one of her bridesmaids!
Brandee Terry
It's so funny to watch alice grow up in these books. The series is cute and easy to speed through.
Apeyl
loved it... just like all the other alice books!
Kirsten
Yay Alice. Just keeps getting better and better.
  • Can True Love Survive High School? (Dating Game, #3)
  • Mary Anne and the Memory Garden (The Baby-Sitters Club, #93)
  • Mia's Boiling Point (Cupcake Diaries, #10)
  • Crazy Lady!
  • Regina's Legacy (Sweet Valley High, #73)
  • Detour for Emmy (Hamilton High, #1)
  • Friend Me (Mates, Dates, #1-3)
  • Starlight Christmas (Saddle Club, #13)
  • Welcome to Junior High! (Girl Talk, #1)
  • She Died Too Young (One Last Wish, #9)
  • Competition's a Witch (Salem Witch, #2)
Phyllis Reynolds Naylor was born in Anderson, Indiana, US on January 4, 1933.

Her family were strongly religious with conservative, midwestern values and most of her childhood was spent moving a lot due to her father's occupation as a salesman.

Though she grew up during the Depression and her family did not have a lot of money, Naylor stated that she never felt poor because her family owned good boo...more
More about Phyllis Reynolds Naylor...
Shiloh (Shiloh, #1) The Agony of Alice (Alice, #1) Faith, Hope, and Ivy June Shiloh Season (Shiloh, #2) Saving Shiloh (Shiloh, #3)