Start by marking “Lost Truth (Truth Series, Book 4)” as Want to Read:
Lost Truth (Truth Series, Book 4)

Lost Truth (Truth #4)

4.06 of 5 stars 4.06  ·  rating details  ·  1,833 ratings  ·  76 reviews
Fourth in the sensational series featuring Alissa, a young student of magic whose rebellious nature puts her life in danger.

MP3 CD
Published September 1st 2010 by Blackstone Audiobooks (first published November 30th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Lost Truth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lost Truth

Jill Furedy
Well, we knew Keribdis would have to resurface eventually. After all of the father figures Alissa has encountered along the way, I was a little distressed that the only major female character turns out to be what amounts to the wicked stepmother. The other female characters that pop up throughout the books are never explored, (even Alissa's mother is hardly mentioned) and Silla is too much the fragile child to be interesting.
However, Keribdis is a strange 'bad guy' to me...clearly she earned
Erica
Apr 07, 2009 Erica rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Erica by: Wyatt
Shelves: fantasy
It is unusual for my favorite book of a series to also be the last book in the series. Usually the characters have grown a bit stale and predictable by the end. But Lost Truth, although following a classic adventure tale (sailing off into the horizon after a lost group of people), showcases Alissa’s rebellious personality very well. Plus we get resolutions to most of the questions posed by the first three books. And the way the author examined power dynamics in Talo-Toecan/Keribdis relationships ...more
Kana
Inspired Kathy
4.5 Stars
Great end to the series!

I'm not going to say a lot in this review because I don't want to spoil this series for anyone who has not read it. I thought this was a fabulous end to the series that brought many loose ends together and tied everything up very nicely.

I've been very impressed by Dawn Cook's Truth series. This was the 4th and final book and I enjoyed them all. It's nice to find a epic fantasy series that is clean and entertaining. Glad I read these.

Content: Clean
Sydney Mugerwa

I am really going to miss the Truth Series! I am going to miss Alissa and Lodesh and Strell and Useless and this has been quite an interesting tale. Very unputdownable. I would know. I read the 4 books in less than a week!

Hard to find any fault with especially the last volumes in the series. Dawn Cook surely knows how to create a magical place and sustain us there. Forget that I still don't know how to pronounce Nawoer and wonder how Connen-Neute rolls off the tongue but that's beside the point
Ashley
A great ending to the series, I had so much fun. Although frustrating at times, the characters are awesome, of course, and more than make up for it. It made me laugh out loud, and it made me cry. Dawn Cook/Kim Harrison definitely has a way to make her characters come alive. Very lovely. I can't wait to read the series again.
Arwen
Mar 25, 2009 Arwen rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fantasy Lovers
Shelves: five-star
The conclusion to the Truth series and my favorite of the four books. Alyssa comes into her own and confronts the long lost others of her kind. The romantic triangle ends the way I wanted it too and delightful new characters are introduced. I loved the proposal and wedding scenes.
Fatbaldguy60
I finished up "Lost Truth" by Dawn Cook last night. This book started slow for me, as actually all the books in this series did. I think the first 145 pages or so could have been compressed by a bit.

However, once the protags headed out to the Rag Islands to find the "lost" Masters things moved apace and events piled one upon one another until the inevitable confrontation. It seems to me that Alissa really displayed a hard-found maturity while confronting Keribdis, and her own inner Beast. Kerib
CJ - let me hold both your hands in the holes of my sweater
A 4.5.

This is an excellent last novel in this four book series (although it does sort of leave it open for a new adventure).

The love triangle is resolved, the past of the rakus and the masters is explored and we learn what really makes a beast.

Gifts of love, tragedy and sacrifice make up the principle story and it is this that makes Alissa a better character than when she first started out. Even if she wasn't always directly impacted with the consequences of everyone's actions and thoughts, she
Audel
L'auteure de cette tétralogie est Kim Harrisson également l'auteure de Rachel Morgan (aux éditions Milady).

Probablement le meilleur des quatre tomes. En effet, la série ne cesse de se bonifier au fur et à mesure des tomes.
Dans ce tome Alissa retrouve les maîtres disparus parachevant ainsi la série. On en apprend enfin plus sur ces fameux maîtres dont on ne cesse de nous parler. Ainsi, on rencontre certains maîtres connus (rencontrés dans le tome 3) mais aussi des nouveaux. On découvre comment fo
Scarlet
Cortney
This is the final book in nationally bestselling author Dawn Cook's magical ''Truth Series''. One last lesson. Alissa is steadily advancing in her magical studies with the last surviving Master at the legendary Hold. But she's haunted by dreams--dreams revealing that other Masters have survived. Alissa's dreams lead her to a distant island where she and a rescue party discover countless Masters, alive and part of a flourishing magical society. But instead of being welcomed, Alissa finds that she ...more
Kate
4,5 stars from me.

This last installement in this series was difficult to rate. The question "Strell or Lodesh" is answered in the end, but, like I knew before it would be, we don't have a 100% happy ending.
Also,we had to say goodbye to some dear characters in this novel, and I almost cried because of one dear character.
But the plot was great, it was very enthralling, and after I got into the story, I didn't want to put the book down.
Alissa is a great girl, and she is a worthy heroine for a 4-boo
Tristen
The final book in this YA fantasy/romance. It doesn't end with a HEA for everyone and the love triangle with a twist is rather amusing when it becomes a quartet. I found many of the answers hinted at throughout and ends tied up nicely but you always wish for that good feeling all over and it won't come with this story.
Marcygold
4+ stars. A lovely end to a sweet series. Lots of good action and happiness touched by a little end of the series goodbye. This series is extremely tame in the romance dept, so I wouldn't recommend to those who like a little spice but it would be fine for advanced younger readers.
Kevin Connery
Best of the set, though the continuity issues continue. (Mostly could have been resolved by better editing; things which took days or weeks took weeks or days, depending on the page.) Having a master manipulator do their manipulation so obviously that both 20 year olds could spot it within minutes, though, was a poor choice; more subtlety was demanded, and it wasn’t done.��SImilarly, the sociological elements had flaws which didn’t hold up to a moment’s viewing (bells?)��Those issues, though, we ...more
Miss E
Love triangles RARELY work, and Dawn Cook was no exception. It was especially frustrating because of how unnecessary it was. Alissa's feeling were clear early on in the series, why introduce love drama in a way that one character (at the very least) will lose out terribly? Both Strell and Lodesh were extremely likable in their own ways, so that made it much worse. And I thought the ending was a cop out, a cowardly means of distracting the readership from how depressingly the love triangle was re ...more
Darlene Gordon
The final book in the series and as well written as the first three. Alissa again does the impossible and leaves on a journey with Strell, Lodesh, Connen-Neute and, of course, Talon, the kestral, to find the lost masters.
Caroline
Very good. Happy and sad at the same time on a lot of the events that happened. Made sense as this book needed to wrap up loose ends and chose one of many paths for the ending.
Dona
Read/listened to this while commuting and realized that this was Kim Harrison listening to her style. Enjoyed it. Will read the other 4 in the series soon!
MarsianMan
This time Alissa dreams with a friend she used to dream about when she was younger, but this time they find out her dream is actually with one of the missing raku. They all set out on a journey to find and bring the missing Keeprs and Masters back home.

I will not say anything more because I do not want to give away the ending to this conclusion....except to say that unless you are Aiel, love triangles are a painful thing, no matter how it ends. If you liked the previous books, then I do not beli
Tien
I found the beginning to drag a little bit. I think it was a combination of being 4th book (which I almost missed because I thought it was a trilogy) and because Alissa was chaffing at the bit too!

Once the story got going: Alissa & her friends went in search of Silla (the latest Raku child) and the Conclave in the expansive ocean followed by confrontations with Keribdis (wife of Useless / Talo Toecan and leader of Conclave), I got into it really easily and could not wait to finish.

The ending
Choko
I thoroughly enjoyed the quartet. It was full of intriguing characters and willful heroins, and i loved every moment of it. Thanks to the author for another good series.
Yodamom
Heartbreaking, infuriating, intense action, tear jerking, heart warming, The end of the series. I loved it and hated it. How could Alise be so damn stupid sometimes ? She really disappointed me in this book with her dumb pride and selfishness. Talk about stirring my emotions, I wanted to reach through the ook and slap her. She changed so much,good and bad. Strell was the same stable strong backed man he has been through the series. Lodesh, sniff sniff, how he suffers for what 400 years ? Well I ...more
Billie Ward
i would love to own this but cant find it anywhere
Jeanette
I really enjoyed Dawn Cook's story of a girl that reaches her potential through the surprise heritage she receives from her father. Fantasy, of course, (what else would I read :) Set in a time with castles, magic, pipers, and the ever-so-infamous bad wizard.

This series is very clean, but I tried one of her other books and the first 5 pages had a very explicit scene that I don't care to write about. Needless to say, the book remained unread. Too bad, I really like the Truth series and was very di
Meredith
At this point I'm at a 3 versus a 4 for a rating, but likely it's influenced by the sadness of the end of a series.

And sadness that certain characters end up sacrificing even the potential of happiness. But that is more realistic to life, eh? I must also note the very end-end felt a leetle cliche, even if in a larger context it does make thematic sense.

That said, I did like the book, the drawing together of much that had come before. The need for several characters to reach deep within themsel
Melanti
By far the best in the series.

The beginning is a bit slow but it picks up quickly. While there were aspects of the other books I disliked (Talon and the annoying juvenile love triangle for starters) this book manages to take all the plot threads, even those I was discontent with, and turn them into something a lot more interesting, complex, and worthwhile. Though the writing style hasn't changed, this comes off as a lot more mature and developed than the rest of the series.

An altogether satisf
Dcbk
Actual rating: 3.5 *'s
Tamara Eaker
Sigh, the last book. A final goodbye, but what a fair well it was! How could a finely possible hold more excitement and adventure then in Alissa's world? (well maybe the end of Sunnydale, but that's about it!) In this book our masters, keeper, and musician are on a mission to find the lost masters and keepers. This book was such an emotional trip. I cried, got my adrenalin pumping, laughed, and mostly fell in love with all the characters one last time. I am horrible depressed now it's over. Than ...more
  • Redeeming the Lost (The Tale of Lanen Kaelar, #3)
  • The Hero Strikes Back (Hero, #2)
  • Dark Moon Defender (Twelve Houses, #3)
  • The Glasswrights' Test (Glasswright, #4)
  • Spellweaver (Nine Kingdoms #5)
  • Con & Conjure (Raine Benares #5)
  • When Demons Walk (Sianim, #3)
  • Daughter of Ancients (The Bridge of D'Arnath, #4)
  • Blood Crime (The Hollows Graphic Novel, #2)
  • The Shadow Queen (World of Hetar #5)
Marguerite Gavin has recorded over three hundred audiobooks in nearly every genre. A nominee for the prestigious Audie Award, she was won both AudioFile Earphones and Publishers Weekly Listen-Up awards. AudioFile magazine says "Marguerite Gavin is an accomplished storyteller...with a sonorous voice, rich and full of emotion, she easily delivers wry humor and moves smoothly from accent to accent, r ...more
More about Marguerite Gavin...
First Truth (Truth, #1) Forgotten Truth (Truth, #3) Unhealthiness of London Spring's Gentle Promise (Seasons of the Heart, #4) The Fullness of Time