Friday I'm in Love (Wild Irish, #5)

Friday I'm in Love (Wild Irish #5)

4.11 of 5 stars 4.11  ·  rating details  ·  514 ratings  ·  27 reviews
Wild Irish, Book Five Friday’s child is loving and giving… Ewan Collins has had the hots for Natalie for years but she continually rebuffs him, supposedly because of their age difference. When Natalie comes to stay with the Collins family for a week, Ewan decides it’s time to make his move in a serious way. Natalie’s been in a funk since celebrating another birthday alone....more
ebook, Nook, 137 pages
Published August 13th 2010 by Ellora's Cave (first published August 1st 2010)

Kellie G.
I'm crazy about this series!! Can't get enough!
Kim O
4.5----The first book in the series was great, the ones in between good, but this 5th book was AWESOME! I loved it. Again, the author surprised me with the match-up. You’ve heard the saying, “watch out for the quiet ones,” well, this is true with Ewan, the hero. In all the other books, he’s just this unobtrusive, shy, nice guy who cares for his family and runs the family restaurant, but as it turns out, the boy is a major Alpha and HOT as hell. Most of the time when guys are too persistent, they...more
Karla
Another winner in the Wild Irish series! Each story fits the personality of the sibling it profiles, no formula here. Ewan is all about romance, and the fact that Natalie is 8 years his senior, doesn't deter him into wooing her into his arms. Beneath that rough exterior, Natalie is a women in need of a man that will love her and accept her, and Ewan is that man. Just lovely, more story than I've read in a full length romance.

It's Friday and I'm in Love with the Collins clan! On to Riley and thi...more
Heather in FL
I've enjoyed the whole series. This one I liked best because of how patient Ewan was with Nat. There were several times I found myself with a lump in my throat either over her situation and her feelings about things or how he was handling her. My heart was breaking for them both at the end. I love my HEAs, and this one did not disappoint. Looking forward to the next one in a couple of weeks.
Sassafrass
Best of the Series! I've been reading the Wild Irish series by Mari Carr for about 1.5 years. It's one of those series that I've been savoring because I know that it will end after a certain point, so I want to prolong the ending as for a much time as possible.

I've actually bounced around a little bit too. I read book seven already, and now I've come back to book five, and I have to say that FRIDAY, I'M IN LOVE was my most favorite of the series. I loved Ewan. I thought he was the exact perfect...more
Joy
NOTE: I've read all 7 books in this series before writing this review, so I might make some comparisons every now and then. Even though I'll mention this in the reviews: the sex scenes are guaranteed flaming hot.

I was apprehensive before I read this because I'm not exactly drawn to older women relationships. There's a six-year difference between Natalie and Ewan, but as I read on, I soon forgot about it because Ewan seems older than his years. The seven-day lessons for Natalie loosened her up. S...more
MaggieReadsRom
4.5 stars!

Memorable Scenes:
-making out on the living room couch > the baseball analogy made me laugh, the rest was hot!
- scene in Ewan's office > get your cooling packs out before you read this scene ;)
- the goodbye scene right before the end > bawled like a baby

Trope/themes:
Older woman/younger man, depression

Natalie Miller is sarcastic, direct and a loner. She can be a little bitchy but not enough to be unlikeable as she uses her sarcasm and bitchiness as a way to protect herself and...more
LynnMarie
Drew’s Review

Ewan Collins has been in love with Natalie for years now, even though she rejects him at every turn. When Natalie visits for a week, Ewan takes it upon himself to try and lead Natalie to a normal, loving life. He gives himself seven days to win Natalie over.

But, unknown to Ewan, he has an uphill battle because Natalie has faced serious tragedy in her past that she is very unwilling to let go of. Can Ewan make Natalie come out of her tragic shell in seven days or will she move back w...more
Christi Snow
Full review reposted from my Smitten with Reading blog...

My Review:
Talk about a couple who are a fabulous match...Ewan & Natalie are perfect for each other. She's moody and bitchy and really doesn't like people all that much, but he is perfect for her because he is the complete opposite and helps to temper her bad humor. Ewan is such an honestly nice, friendly, happy guy... it's hard for Natalie to stay in a bad mood when she is around him. Add to that, he is really intuitive to Natalie's mo...more
Karla
Natalie is having some sort of midlife crisis at 34. Her best friend Sky notices and decides to give her something to do compiling images of Teagan and him to gift her at their wedding. To do so she's staying with the Collins family for one week. One week where she'll be close to Ewan Collins.
Ewan has been trying to get closer to Natalie for 3 years (since they met at that last The Universe concert in which Sky played) first it was only lust but as he got to know her better he realized he was f...more
Denise
1.5 stars -
Nothing new or quipy, so blah blah blah. I think the Collins family should have stopped at 4 kids because the fifth book was boring and I'm not going to read about the last two at all.

As for the series itself, up to this point, it wasn't anything exciting but the smexy times were usually written well. They became a little repetitive and boring by the fifth book. The females became more annoying as the series moved on and the men became overly mushy. I felt like I was in a fucking jew...more
demarie
“Too busy. Not interested. Men annoy me.”
He laughed at her list, but decided to let her off the hook.He lowered to his elbows, trapping her beneath him on the couch. He could seeher chest rise and fall as her breathing accelerated.
“What are you doing?” she asked.
“Time for a little pop quiz. What did you learn from today’s lesson? One kiss for every right answer.”
“A kiss?”He kissed the end of her nose. “Just a kiss.”
He watched myriad emotions fly across her face as she considered his offer and h
Jana
Ok story. Did not get as attached with the characters in this story. Ewan was not as alpha male and there was not a big moment for a physical description of him. Natalie was a little contradictory. Even though that was her character, she still seemed almost too different at times without a transition.
Darcy
Wow, Ewan seemed like he was the quiet one, but wow he packs a punch!! Usually these books concentrate on the age difference, but once that was quickly set aside at the first, this book interfered with my sleep because I couldn't put it down!!
Ewan and Natalie have known each other for three years and have been attracted to each other but stayed away. Now that she is staying with the Collins family for a week, he has her agree to give him 7 days to teach her seven lessons of life. This is an ente...more
Guilty Pleasures
4.5 Stars

This is one of those books where you are crying one minute and laughing the next. I have my check list of things I want in a book and things I don’t want in a book, and this book covered them all which is why it easily took a place on my all-time-favorite list There are so many depths to this story and I don’t want to give any of it away. You’ll have to take my word for it that this is by far the best book in the series as they continue to get better and better.

To read Kimber's entire r...more
Erin
I feel bad that I'm giving this one a 2 star.

I like the Collins.

I like Ewan.

I didn't like Natalie (wow. Had to look up her name just now.). Seriously. I couldn't give a flying eff about her. I didn't care about her history. I didn't care how much she was growing. All in all.. I just didn't care. I cared more about Riley and Aaron than I did Natalie.

Ewan was really sweet and romantic, and I wouldn't have ever turned him down.

The sub plots (meaning the catch up with the Collins) was nice.. it was...more
Nicky L
My favorite book in this series...
Cindy
I've been plowing through these Wild Irish books - one a day. This was my latest and it didn't disappoint. I have to say that the whole series so far has been great and I really enjoy how all of the stories are very unique and not just the same story with different character names. This outing has Ewan (love that name!) as a patient man helping Natalie find love. I have enjoyed seeing the other characters in this book (although I would have liked to see then in a more personal way - wink, wink)....more
Garmieturtel
This foray into the lives of the Collins children was one which very quickly roped me in. While Ewan is definitely the least mentioned sibling throughout the previous books, he easily became one of my favorites. And Natalie proved herself to be a woman after my own heart! Gotta love a gal with attitude!
And the meltdown at 34...seems Nat and the author have something in common! ;)
I absolutely loved this book Ewan is great sweet guy who has been slowly wooing Nat for 3yrs. Nat is a insecure and bitchy person who has feeling for Ewan but struggles to understand her feeling and can't seem to invest in them. I love how Ewan really brings Nat out of her shell and romances her slow and sweet. Great HEA.
MountainKat
Oh, I just loved this! I even teared up at the end, it was that sweet! Natalie had issues, but that wasn't enough to deter Ewan. He was so sweet and so loving and oh so persistent! This story was wonderful. This series is wonderful! I love how Mari Carr can pack so much into so little!
––––•(-•The Insomniac Book Hoarder•-
I liked it, I really did. It was a sweet and fluffy read, I havent read anything else by this author and Im not entirely following the progression of the series, but I definitely will be reading more of Mari Carr...
Silviene
I loved the way this story was told, to help Natalie understand that closing one self and saying no to happiness is not the way, live life to the fullest.
Denise
i liked it but didn't find myself really liking like the others so far... i'm still moving on
~Mel :)~
Not my favorite of the series, but still hot. LOVED Ewan Collins! Natalie annoyed me!
Kris H.
I am in love with Ewan! This is my favorite of this series so far.
Kimberly
I think this was my favorite book in the series thus far.
Kathy
The best of the Wild Irish series so far!
Trudy Walker
Trudy Walker marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
  • Driven (Cougar Challenge, #9)
  • Rocky Mountain Desire (Six Pack Ranch, #3)
  • A Four-Gone Conclusion (Lone Star Lovers #5)
  • Inside Bet (Vegas Top Guns, #2)
  • The Man in the Black Leather Mask
  • Hidden Fire
  • Hurt Me So Good (The Connaghers #2)
  • Unwrapped
  • Love Me Knot (Holding Out For a Hero, #4)
  • Lessons in Indiscretion (The Merry Widows, #1)
  • A Perfect Match
  • Heat Of The Night (Out of Uniform, #5)
  • A Little Harmless Obsession (Harmless, #3)
Writing a book was number one on Mari Carr’s bucket list and on her thirty-fourth birthday, she set out to see that goal achieved. Five years later, her computer is jammed full of stories — novels, novellas, short stories and dead-ends and six of her books have been published.

High school librarian by day and mother of two busy teenagers, Mari Carr found time for writing by squeezing it into the ho...more
More about Mari Carr...
Southern Comfort (Compass Brothers, #2) Fix You (Second Chances, #1) Western Ties (Compass Brothers #4) Come Monday (Wild Irish, #1) Sugar and Spice (What Women Like, #1)