Start by marking “Tempted” as Want to Read:
Tempted

Tempted (Clan Kennedy #1)

4.02  ·  Rating Details ·  1,341 Ratings  ·  32 Reviews
All men lusted for the firebrand they called Flaming Tina, famed for the molten fire in her hair—and for the hot temper running fierce through the noble Scots blood of Lady Valentina Kennedy. Forced into marriage with the fearsome warrior of an enemy clan, Tina vowed to use her wild beauty to gain mastery over Lord Ramsey Douglas.
Published January 1st 1993 by Dell

To ask other readers questions about Tempted, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tempted

Beatriz
Sep 15, 2016 Beatriz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Una de las mejores lecturas del año. La he disfrutado como posesa ya que combina magníficamente dos de mis géneros favoritos: el romántico y el histórico. Respecto de este último, con un estilo gráfico y apasionante, la autora nos lleva desde los bellos pero agrestes paisajes de las Highlands y las tradiciones de su gente, hasta la corte de Enrique VIII, horadando en sus superfluas y licenciosas costumbres. Con un nivel de detalle y realismo increíble, es imposible no imaginar las incursiones y ...more
Erica David
Mar 22, 2011 Erica David rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Virginia Henley is totally that dirty grandma that none of your relations will cop to owning. You know she looks at men’s butts in the grocery store. She uses quaint, old-timey euphemisms such as “mons” and “Mound of Venus.” Graaandmaaaa! you think as you roll your eyes heavenward in utter mortification. Yet, Henley’s heroes are mythic. They mask pendulous tumescence in their doeskin breeches. They defeat entire armies single-handed. They spend days left for dead on the battlefield, impaled and ...more
Glamdring

Re reading, first time in English.

Although it lost a star, I had a good time re reading this book. Despite old fashioned words using now and then “Tempted” aged pretty well.

The story is set in Scotland’s borderlands around 1510, during King James IV of Scotland reign. The king wants to unify the Scots and order some of the clans to make wedding alliances. Ramsey “Black Ram” Douglas and “Flaming” Tina Kennedy are chosen for the Douglas-Kennedy alliance and none of them are eager to comply.

We se
JadedlilFecker
(view spoiler) ...more
Slavena
The only thing Scots hate more then each other are the English. This book has more clan chiefs that I can imagine, unfortunately lots of chiefs not enough Indians. First part of the book is presenting the different clans and feuds, they all hate other clans and some hate each other within the clan. I found that very funny, however first part of the book drags due to all this information and all the people involved in the story. After everyone was introduced the story picked up and I loved it ...more
Elis Madison
James IV's Scotland, leading up to and including the battle of Flodden Field. Actual historical figures abound, tho as always, quite a bit of license is taken.

Heroine is Valentina Kennedy, who is, as all Scottish heroines tend to be, willful and beautiful and determined to do things her way. Hero is Ramsey Douglas, who is, as always in these stories, dominant to the point of turdishness. They meet, they instantly clash, and then of course, the king more or less orders a wedding between their fe
Lisa
May 07, 2014 Lisa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Une belle RH avec tous les ingrédients pour la rendre intéressante: le mariage forcé, les héros qui se détestent et s'attirent à la fois, la passion bestiale de l'époque, tous les codes de la société en Ecosse et en Angleterre au XVI siècle, une intrigue remplie d'événements historiques et de personnages illustres (Jacques Stuart, Henri VIII...), de l'aventure, des drames etc... Bref tout ce qu'il faut pour passer un bon moment.
Regan Walker
Oct 05, 2012 Regan Walker rated it it was amazing
Captivating Story of Scottish Love in the Borderlands

In a complex, lusty tale of feuding Scottish clans during the time of James IV of Scotland and Henry VIII of England, Henley serves up a story that will grab you from the first page and will not let you go. I loved it. Henley has the ability to capture not only the time period, but also the culture of the borderlands between Scotland and England and the difficult but wonderful relationship between two stubborn, courageous people. I highly reco
Sonja
Feb 18, 2009 Sonja rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed the historical accuracy of this book. (Of course I don't know much about Scotland during the era, but I knew quite a bit about Tudor/Stewart England before reading this book and I was tickled by all the descriptions of historical figures.)

The characters were deep and complex and wonderfully played. Even the "minor" characters were well-developed. It was a bit long for your typical romance novel, but I enjoyed it very much.
Tpauthor
Mar 25, 2008 Tpauthor rated it it was amazing
Shelves: historicals
This is my all-time favorite historical novel. I love Virginia Henley's bold and brassy take on love and sex throughout history. She doesn't paint a frilly picture of the way things were. Her writing is gritty and real...and strikingly erotic. This is why she will always remain one of my top 5 favorite authors.
Xiamera
Aug 31, 2016 Xiamera rated it liked it
I liked the tug of war between Ram and Tina. Neither wanted to be the first to give in and it made for an interesting story. Of course, there are other things going on around them and I enjoyed the historical aspect. The mystery wasn't really my thing but it was tolerable. I love my historical romances so this was right up my alley. Hot hero+hot heroine+drama= an enjoyable story.
Elsa Bravante
El libro me ha gustado, pasan cosas y los personajes son buenos. Sin embargo, en ocasiones se centra demasiado en la cuestión histórica de una forma muy desctiptiva y así la historia de los personajes pierde ritmo.
Los personajes tardan mucho en deaarrollar su relación y la última parte del libro a veces se hace muy pesada.
Es un libro entretenido, pero creo que podría haber sido mejor.
Nicole
Jan 03, 2015 Nicole rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
fast paced and kept me interested. the mystery wasn't exactly hard to figure out and the love scenes were a bit over the top for me. I'm not a huge fan of historical romance books in general but read it for a book club. I think people that like this genre will enjoy it.
Gardavson
Jan 24, 2009 Gardavson rated it really liked it
A great read, as are pretty much all of Henley's books.
P
Aug 30, 2014 P rated it really liked it
วาเลนทีนา เคนเนดี สาวผมแดงทีถูกผูชายหลายคนหมายปอง แตหลอนปฏิเสธทุกคำขอแตงงาน ทีนารักการใชชีวิตอยางทาทาย หลอนเดินทางไปยังคาราวานของเหลายิปซี ในขณะทีเหลาพีชายของหลอนบุกปลนแกะ วัวของแคลนดักลาสอยางสนุกสนาน และนันทำใหเดวี นองชายของทีนาถูกพวกดักลาสจับตัวไป

แรมเซย ดักลาส ลอรดหนุมผิวคลำ มีนิสัยแขงกราว เขาชอบเทียวผูหญิง แตเมือเขาไดเหนทีนาแลว เขากปราถนาในตัวหลอน และโชคกเหมือนจะเขาขางเขา เมือทีนามาตามหาตัวนองชายขงหลอนทีถูกดักลาสจับตัวไป ทำใหหลอนไดพบกับแรมผูกราวกระดาง ทีนาแกลงทำเปนหญิงผูเสียความทรงจำเพือทำใหแ
Oct 09, 2013 Sarah rated it liked it
10/10 - I didn't think too much of this Henley romance. For too much of the book Ram hated Tina, even within the last 100 pages when he believed Tina has betrayed him with another man he attempts to slash her with his knife, only the actions of one of the castle's ghosts saves her from serious injury. Some of the feelings that came up while I was reading this mirrored what I felt while I was reading FSoG, I felt anger and despair that Tina was going to be forced to marry this man who obviously ...more
Ebony
Aug 21, 2012 Ebony rated it it was amazing
I loved this story. It's a typical Henley historical romance with real historic figures, a spirited heroine and dominating hero. It's the first Henley novel I read and it my favorite. It's set in Scotland just about a year (?) before the battle of Flodden and two members of rival clans are betrothed by the king. They start out as enemies but fall in love through a year of court intrigues, clan rivalries, war, a poisoning and even the spirits of their ancestors.
Alex
Feb 12, 2015 Alex rated it it was ok
It's a steamy book but it was unnecessarily too long

Alex's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
Stephanie Sweatt
Jan 11, 2015 Stephanie Sweatt rated it it was ok
Shelves: book-club
My review may not be particularly fair as this is not a genre I enjoy reading (it was for a book club). The writing was okay but definitely not my style. I felt the first third of the book dragged on, the middle was interesting and fast paced and the end wrapped things up too quickly and neatly. The characters were pretty interesting at least.
Fostergrants
Feb 06, 2009 Fostergrants rated it liked it
Shelves: poolside
i needed a fluffy bodice ripper to keep me company while in bed under the weather. this did nicely. no demands on my intellect and i got to giggle at such silly phrases as "His long, rampant maleness was buried deep with her" hahahahahahaha....really what else do you want when you don't feel well!
Katherine
Jul 06, 2010 Katherine rated it it was amazing
Virginia Henley was my favorite historical romance novelist back when this was the only stuff I read. Totally mindless, but this is the best one of the dozens of hers I have read.
Marialaura Runchina
May 01, 2016 Marialaura Runchina rated it it was amazing
. È un romanzo spregiudicato, ironico, dinamico, ricco di azione, personaggi, eventi storici descritti in modo sublime, pecore, montoni e cavalli!
Melissa Weeks-ball
Melissa Weeks-ball rated it it was amazing
Apr 06, 2013
Bianka
Bianka rated it really liked it
Aug 27, 2008
Farah (Zahra)
Farah (Zahra) rated it it was amazing
Apr 03, 2013
Penny
Penny rated it really liked it
Aug 29, 2009
Simer Galol
Simer Galol rated it it was amazing
Dec 29, 2012
Pattie Jo
Pattie Jo rated it it was amazing
Aug 09, 2014
Catherine Staller
Catherine Staller rated it it was amazing
May 01, 2014
Jodi Mullis
Jodi Mullis rated it it was amazing
Jan 16, 2013
  • Blaze (Braddock-Black, #1)
  • Love Wild and Fair
  • Tiger's Eye
  • The Viking's Woman (Viking, #2)
  • Stormfire
  • Keeper of the Dream
  • The Spanish Rose
  • The Magnificent Rogue
  • The Conqueror (deWarenne Dynasty, #1)
  • Upon a Moon-Dark Moor (Chandlers of Highclyffe Hall, #1)
  • Edin's Embrace
  • Valentina
Virginia Syddall was born on December 5, 1935 in England, where her father, Thomas Syddall, taught her to love history. She obtained a degree in History in the University. In 1956, Virginia married Arthur Henley. They moved to America, and now they live most of the year in St. Petersburg, Florida, and they spend the hot summers in Ontario, Canada, where they have their two adult children and three ...more
More about Virginia Henley...

Clan Kennedy (2 books)