Start by marking “Honey Hunt, Vol. 6” as Want to Read:
Honey Hunt, Vol. 6

Honey Hunt, Vol. 6 (Honey Hunt #6)

Find the courage to become a star!

Reads R to L (Japanese Style). Find the courage to become a star!

Life's not easy when you're living in the shadow of yourfamous parents. Can shy Yura, the daughter of an award-winning composer and a world-renowned actress, find thecourage to step out on her own now that her super-celebrity parents are getting divorced?

With Yura and Q-ta's
Published December 7th 2010 by VIZ Media LLC (first published December 24th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Honey Hunt, Vol. 6, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Honey Hunt, Vol. 6

Douglas Cootey
Jun 09, 2012 Douglas Cootey rated it it was ok
Yura continues her descent into silliness and unbelievability, and the series comes to an end.

It's hard to see how anybody would want to work with such a milksop of a person. Oh, she's cute, but she's twee and unreliable. In real life, unreliable people don't get opportunities. They lose them. Yura falls into fame and doesn't appreciate it. We don't see her dealing with classmates. We don't see her dealing with castmates. We see her bounced like a ball in three way tennis between Boss, Q-ta, an
Jessica-Robyn
OVERALL (1-6) SERIES RATING: 2 STARS

According to animenewsnetwork.com in this post here: Honey Hunt Goes on Hiatus, Author Reveals New Manga Honey Hunt was officially put on hiatus by Aihara, back sometime in 2009. It's been over a year since the last complete volume (Volume 6) was published here in North America, with no news on the series continuation, I think it's safe to mark this manga series as complete for me. And to seal the deal, even if Volume 7 was to be published I don't think I wo
Jessica Smith
Apr 04, 2011 Jessica Smith rated it it was ok
Meg Fee
Dec 18, 2011 Meg Fee rated it liked it
Yura continues to make decisions I disagree with. I understand why she's making the choices she is but I still wish I could shout out, "Don't" and actually have her listen. I dislike Q-ta more in this volume than before. He keeps doing stuff that makes me want to hit him. I'm not even certain he really likes Yura half the time. I also want to hit Haruka and Mizorogi. If either of them were willing to tell Yura what they think of her she'd probably make less extreme decisions. And, for the first ...more
Rach
Dec 08, 2010 Rach rated it liked it
Shelves: 2010, manga
Ugh, Yura is so obnoxiously obsessed with Q-Ta. I can't believe she would give up her dreams and her love of acting to be with him, and I can't believe Q-Ta really loves her, if he's willing to let her.

As for Haruka, I wish he had told her he loved her at the beginning, but for now, I think he's doing all he can. He can't help it if Yura is blinded and won't see what's right in front of her.

Seriously, I can't believe the bad decisions this volume ended with. What a bummer. I still want Yura to s
Danielle
Feb 06, 2011 Danielle marked it as to-read
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
Another good volume.
Jeanatte
Aug 22, 2014 Jeanatte rated it liked it
UGH, Yura is the most obnoxious main character of a Shojo manga I've read in a long time. She is the stereotypical, whiny Shojo lead that acts so cutesy and whom all the boys fall in love with for no good reason. She reminds me of the main character of NANA, and Kitchen Princess. Except she probably has a more whiny voice.

She makes stupid decisions throughout the whole manga. She's obsessed with Q-ta (not to be confused with Q-tip,) who is just using her to get to his father. Yura's actions anno
Katie
Aug 31, 2016 Katie rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, hiatus
see full review @ Katie's Corner

And as always I’m cursing myself for not checking the status of the manga before I started reading it. Well, truth be told, I did check it and thought it was completed, but it appears that the author just dropped the project and here I was having so much fun reading it, especially it was getting somewhere very interesting.

This story is nothing special. However, it held my interest through out the story and I never once wanted to put it down. So haters hate it, but
Dec 19, 2015 Laura rated it really liked it
Shelves: type-manga
Just to give a few reminders: Yura is starting her acting career in hopes of showing her parents that she doesn't need them to be special. She's hoping to become a better actress than her mother. She's dating Q-ta, a musician who's a huge fan of her father's music. Haruka, Q-ta's brother, is acting alongside Yura in a television show and he's developed a thing for Yura. Mizorogi, her manager, wants her to focus on her career and not the two boys vying for her attention, though there seems to be ...more
Wyn
Dec 28, 2010 Wyn rated it really liked it
Ling Wu
Sep 25, 2012 Ling Wu rated it it was amazing
I finished the 6 volume of honey hunt as you can see...but its this girl who is a daughter of two celeb stars and she is having a a really tough life. Then her parents got divorced. Then the person she lives with betrays her. Also she tells the reporters the her parents should got to hell. And her mom's manager scouted her as a actress. Now she is trying to beat her mom by showing her that she can act. Also in volume 3 her mom shows her jealously that her daughter was prettier than her. Like the ...more
Dani
Karla Vanessa Roman-Valerio
Dec 08, 2013 Karla Vanessa Roman-Valerio rated it it was amazing
I don't know how I feel really. My emotions are flying all around. My heart is crushed.-Feels like someone is stabbing it a million times- What I keep saying is WWHHHYYYYY ARE THEY DOING THIS TO ME-False promises "Thank you for reading, and to be continued next "Honey Hunt"" Lies I say. How dare they fill me with fake promises.

-Sorry guys had to let it out-

May
Dec 15, 2015 May rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015, manga
Totally kills me that the story ends just when it was starting to get good. This is the end of part one and it's been so many years now that part two probably won't ever be drawn.
Ending is to be expected of a story of a young teenager. Main character is not nearly as interesting as the rest of the cast. Really enjoyed the art and pacing and loved how the setting was so sophisticated.
Candice M (tinylibrarian)
Sarah Evans
Jan 23, 2016 Sarah Evans rated it liked it
I realized I hadn't finished reading this series, but it turns out the author didn't finish writing it either. This volume leaves off with the heroine moving to the U.S. and the author's note saying she was taking a break. Frankly, the lead character was just getting too whiny so maybe the author never wanted to pick it back up.
Nicole
Apr 11, 2011 Nicole rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, shojo
cEe beE
It's too bad the storyline for this manga series is going downhill. There is no depth or dimension to Yura. Her self esteem & worth plummets with every volume, and has turned into an annoying very needy girl.
Rosemarie
Jan 21, 2014 Rosemarie rated it liked it
Shelves: josei
Macy
Jul 16, 2012 Macy rated it it was ok
At first I really liked this series, but Yura keeps on making decisions that are so totally wrong. The more I read the more I hate Q-ta, and Yura. I feel so sorry for Haruka:( I can't believe she put it on hiatus, how frustrating! Part of me hopes she doesn't release another volume though...
John Kamin
May 14, 2015 John Kamin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good, but I wish it would continue

this manga is really good. the love story is great and the characters are amazing. I just wish the author would release more volumes of the series.
Julie
Dec 04, 2016 Julie rated it did not like it
Yura's a fucking idiot and I'm really pissed off at her. I don't plan on continuing this series cause she's making me so angry with her stupid choices. She's making her entire life revolve around some guy and he's more into her father than he's into her.
Mar 29, 2014 Laura rated it really liked it
Shelves: 漫画
I didn't expect much, since I knew that there would be no real "ending" (it was put on indefinite hiatus). And so I wasn't disappointed, though I cannot say that I enjoyed most of the choices made...eh.

3.5 stars.
Isabel
Jun 17, 2014 Isabel rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
Why you do the thing, Yura? Why?

Anyway, Honey Hunt is on (infinite?) hiatus, so yay for not having any closure.
Styler Ribarovic
May 04, 2012 Styler Ribarovic rated it really liked it
A shame this is on hiatus now because I would like to see what happens next in the series. I think her choice at the end was idiotic so I knocked it down a star.
Lady Knight
I used to really like Q-ta, but little by little I'm coming to really dislike this guy! Yura is also really beginning to make me disappointed with her decision making skills.
Anna
Jul 10, 2012 Anna added it
Glad I only borrowed these volumes from the library. It must have not sold well, even in Japan, since it's essentially an incomplete series.
Kerry
Mar 22, 2011 Kerry rated it liked it
Shelves: manga, 2010-releases
aaaarrrrggggh! Why do I love these books so much!! The female characters are simpering idiots with no spine!!! Seriously, I just can't put them down.
Julie (Manga Maniac Cafe)
Mar 06, 2011 Julie (Manga Maniac Cafe) rated it really liked it
Oh, the DRAMA! Oh, the ANGST!! I can't help myself! I love this series! Brain candy is GOOD for you, right?
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Sand Chronicles, Volume 2
  • Otomen, Vol. 4 (Otomen, #4)
  • We Were There, Vol. 2
  • The Kindaichi Case Files, Vol. 8: No Noose is Good Noose
  • Mixed Vegetables, Vol. 8 (Mixed Vegetables, #8)
  • V.B. Rose Volume 8
  • Library Wars: Love & War, Vol. 2  (Library Wars: Love & War #2)
  • Honey and Clover, Vol. 9
Miki Aihara (相原実貴 Aihara Miki) is a Japanese female manga artist noted for creating the manga series Hot Gimmick and the series Tokyo Boys & Girls. She debuted with the series Lip Conscious in the manga magazine Betsucomi.
More about Miki Aihara...

Honey Hunt (6 books)