Start by marking “The Scream of the Haunted Mask” as Want to Read:
The Scream of the Haunted Mask

The Scream of the Haunted Mask (Goosebumps HorrorLand #4)

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  634 ratings  ·  34 reviews
After the worst Halloween ever, Carly Beth assumes that nothing could be scarier than a ghoulish rubber mask with a mind of its own. She's about to discover something far more frightening: an entire house full of haunted masks.
Published August 1st 2008 by Turtleback Books

To ask other readers questions about The Scream of the Haunted Mask, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Scream of the Haunted Mask

Veronica Morfi
Rating: 4/5

Review to come.
Noah Foster
R.L Stines book: The haunted mask.
A thrilling horror story about a young girl (Carly Beth) who mysteriously finds a horrible looking mask in her basement. This mask is prepared to make this Halloween a nightmare for both Carly and her best friend Sabrina (who later appears in the story). Not only is the mask haunted, but also is its sick and unforgettable past. The story itself is very haunting and will most definitely give you goosebumps as you read it. This book fits perfectly in to the ''you...more
☣Lynn☣
I love this Horrorland series. Ya, I know, I'm 23 and still reading Goosebumps. I don't give a shit. The original series was my favorite when I Was younger and I remember endless nights reading up in the attic with a flashlight. Devouring book after book. I think these books will stick with me until I grow old and gray, just like HP. There's just something about these books that make me want more. I know I should be reading classics and (ugh )heavy romance books like other people expect a 23 yr...more
Chay Mackwood
Question: What was the most exciting part and why
Author: R.L.Stine

The most exciting part for me was when Carly Beth and Sabrina went to the barn to take photos for their class work. While Sabrina was taking photos they heard the sound of horses stamping their hives on the floor. they looked around but couldn't find and one else in the barn. Soon after the noises became louder and louder the two began to get scared until Sabrina burst into laughter. She explained that she actually brought Carly B...more
Jaimie
It took me a ridiculously long time to finish this book. School was the problem. Always will be the problem. Too much work! :(

Anywho, I bought The Scream of the Haunted Mask probably about a year ago and I just got around to reading it. It was a great little read! I didn't read much Goosebumps books when I was younger, but I did read The Haunted Mask and I loved it back then. It's my favourite Goosebumps story. I also enjoyed the TV show as a kid and The Haunted Mask was my favourite episode. Th...more
Bethany
This story makes a good Halloween story, then again, this story does take place in Halloween.

I liked the part where Carly Beth and her friend went to Horrorland and got a glimpse of it again, even though the books I read weren't exactly in order, because I was eleven years old and grabbed the books that caught my eye.

Moving on, I rated it four stars because I reread it multiple times and it kept me on the edge of my seat, even though I knew the outcome and it kind of scared me a little.

I also fe...more
Mark Soone
Probably the least enjoyable book in the series so far. Perhaps the timing of it? It took me several attempts just to get into. I did enjoy the Horror Land sequence much more than the main story
Gavin
It took us a long time to get through this, largely because of an extended Doctor Who nostalgia trip, but also partly because Sean often turned down the opportunity to proceed. The reduced rating from previous Stine offerings is due to this. The story is much the same as in the original haunted Mask, qv.

The Enter Horrorland section didn't much advance the plot there. After number 5, which we have, the remainder will probably have to be tracked down. Any ideas? - bearing in mind I live in Fiji an...more
Nimsay
This was the first audio book I finished listening to and it was awesome! It brought this spooky book to life.
Josiah
Ah, the much-anticipated return of Carly Beth! Reading about the Haunted Mask was once again a good time, and it was good to see R.L. Stine bring back the main character from the previous Haunted Mask adventures. Once again, though, the highlight of this volume for me is the Horrorland section, as R.L. Stine continues to spread his suspenseful net beneath the feet of these collective main characters, creating a mystery of more overarching proportions than Goosebumps has ever before seen. I would...more
Weathervane
This is the best HorrorLand book I've read thus far. As a sequel, it's remarkably accurate and true to the original book. As a story, it's, well, good. The end is abrupt, a common problem with this series, but there are numerous Chekhov's Guns scattered throughout the story, along with one red herring, and the events build to a satisfactory, and creepy, climax.

Deserves praise.
Celine
Liked The Scream of the Haunted Mask a bit less because it seems to focus a lot on horses. I'm not much of a horses girl sadly, and the mystery wasn't good enough to keep me interested. The Horrorland part on the other hand was nice. It's good to see some of the missing people actually come back, cause it felt like we'd soon be out of main characters!
Ianc Ehs
Horrorland try's to reseruct a classic mini series of books, the haunted mask. first off, how did the mask get there in the first place, i thought they burned to death, and then buried. this mask just wont quit will it? Once again boring book with little to no entertainment value, but it doesn't kill the name of the haunted mask though.
Terry
This is another scary story by the master of fright. I thought the writing was good, very quick and easy to understand. Only three stars because the ending could have been foreshadowed a little more clearly. Young teens will love the story, especially around Halloween.
jiawei Ong
At the first sight of the book, the cover looked so scary. All the masks were scary, especially the green one with all the teeth showing. After reading the book, it makes it even scarier. I feel sorry for Carly Beth that she had to feal with that mask.
Sneha
An absolutely amazing real horror which made my spine cold. Really!!!!!!.
Harry.yang
I like this book and I think that people should read it because if you want to be very scare but there's no book that could scare you, you should try this book out!
Tri
I think this book is awesome too. Because it make people think forward, they have twist scene, they put unexpected character in it. I think this book is sooo good
Quintae Wyatt
This story was the most scariest book I ever read. It's funny but mostly scary!!!!!!!!!!!:-)
Maria Kiguthi
Fun for kids who like to get scared, and moms who don't want the gory books.
Ethan
I loved it because they were so close to danger. It was a fun read.
Jessie
Carly Beth and her creepy mask are back!
Dylan
Very exciting! One of my favorites!!!
Thomas
so so for this one.not good for me.
Laila Tarek
PURE HORROR, I'm amazed :)
Luis
Oct 16, 2008 Luis rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who like scares, thrills and laughs
sooo scary
WHY I CHOSE THIS BOOK 4 4 Mar 11, 2013 06:50AM
  • The Girl Who Cried Monster (Goosebumps Presents TV Episode, #1)
  • Return of the Mummy (Goosebumps Presents TV Episode, #4)
  • Uma Aventura na Terra e no Mar (Uma Aventura, #15)
  • Cypher The Mountain Giant (Beast Quest, #3)
  • Wizards Don't Wear Graduation Gowns (The Adventures Of The Bailey School Kids, #45)
  • Molly's Pilgrim
  • Daisy Comes Home
  • Over in the Meadow

R. L. Stine b...more
More about R.L. Stine...
Welcome to Dead House (Goosebumps, #1) Night of the Living Dummy (Goosebumps, #7) Say Cheese and Die! (Goosebumps, #4) The Haunted Mask (Goosebumps, #11) One Day at Horrorland (Goosebumps, #16)