Start by marking “The LCP Solution: The Remarkable Nutritional Treatment for ADHD, Dyslexia, and Dyspraxia” as Want to Read:

3.46 of 5 stars 3.46  ·  rating details  ·  24 ratings  ·  4 reviews
This important new book documents a major breakthrough in the treatment of the three most widespread learning disabilities--ADHD, dyslexia, and dyspraxia ("clumsy child syndrome"). Although these conditions have reached epidemic proportions, treatment has been limited to ineffective behavioral therapies or the controversial prescription drug Ritalin. Now Dr. B. Jacqueline ...more
Published September 5th 2000 by Ballantine Books

To ask other readers questions about The LCP Solution, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The LCP Solution

Sharae
Anybody with children that have behavioral or dyslexia problems needs to read this book. It is a very good substitute for drugging your children with ritalin. There really are natural cures for everything if your willing to try.
Lisa
This is one book where I have truly learned how nutritionally deficient in a particular nutrient a person can become. Before reading this book, I had not even thought of whether my children were consuming enough Omega-3’s in their daily diet.

The LCP Solution gives an excellent history of how as humans we have deviated from the normal staple of food our species once had consumed. Past humans depended on the intake of fish, but today with fast food and so many other options, fish is not normally
Fred Kohn
I was recommended this book because I have suspected that my 3 year old grandson may be ADHD. After reading this book, I now suspect that he is probably not, although I will, of course, be watching for symptoms. Despite not being directly relevant to my grandson's situation, I still found the information fascinating; especially the scientific facts about the various EFAs. I have been taking Omega3 supplements for some months now, as well as tuning my dietary fat choices.
Martin
Fascinating information about the possible root causes of ADHD and some interesting ways to combat it. If you know someone who struggles with this, I highly recco this.
Sharon
Sharon added it
Aug 10, 2014
Jacqui
Jacqui added it
Aug 03, 2014
Leah
Leah marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2014
Meaghan Brown
Meaghan Brown marked it as to-read
May 19, 2014
Alexander Briggs
Alexander Briggs marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2014
Jeanine Gray
Jeanine Gray marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2014
Alyson Waugh
Alyson Waugh marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2013
Dina_s
Dina_s marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2013
Alison
Alison marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2013
Sharmarke
Sharmarke marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2012
Niki
Niki added it
Dec 21, 2012
Jenine-the-bean
Jenine-the-bean marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2013
Franchesca Mendieta
Franchesca Mendieta marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2012
Trace
Trace marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2012