Start by marking “The LCP Solution: The Remarkable Nutritional Treatment for ADHD, Dyslexia, and Dyspraxia” as Want to Read:

3.55  ·  Rating Details  ·  31 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
This important new book documents a major breakthrough in the treatment of the three most widespread learning disabilities--ADHD, dyslexia, and dyspraxia ("clumsy child syndrome"). Although these conditions have reached epidemic proportions, treatment has been limited to ineffective behavioral therapies or the controversial prescription drug Ritalin. Now Dr. B. Jacqueline ...more
Published September 5th 2000 by Ballantine Books

To ask other readers questions about The LCP Solution, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The LCP Solution

Sharae
Oct 20, 2010 Sharae rated it it was amazing
Anybody with children that have behavioral or dyslexia problems needs to read this book. It is a very good substitute for drugging your children with ritalin. There really are natural cures for everything if your willing to try.
Lisa
Jan 25, 2008 Lisa rated it it was amazing
This is one book where I have truly learned how nutritionally deficient in a particular nutrient a person can become. Before reading this book, I had not even thought of whether my children were consuming enough Omega-3’s in their daily diet.

The LCP Solution gives an excellent history of how as humans we have deviated from the normal staple of food our species once had consumed. Past humans depended on the intake of fish, but today with fast food and so many other options, fish is not normally
Fred Kohn
Jul 12, 2014 Fred Kohn rated it liked it
Shelves: science
I was recommended this book because I have suspected that my 3 year old grandson may be ADHD. After reading this book, I now suspect that he is probably not, although I will, of course, be watching for symptoms. Despite not being directly relevant to my grandson's situation, I still found the information fascinating; especially the scientific facts about the various EFAs. I have been taking Omega3 supplements for some months now, as well as tuning my dietary fat choices.
Jen Stanley
Apr 01, 2016 Jen Stanley rated it really liked it
This is probably one of the most complete, researched-based books I've read on understanding ADHD, dyspraxia, and dysgraphia from a nutritional perspective--and I've read many of them. The nutrition plan is doable.
Martin
Jan 23, 2008 Martin rated it really liked it
Fascinating information about the possible root causes of ADHD and some interesting ways to combat it. If you know someone who struggles with this, I highly recco this.
Deb Howard
Deb Howard is currently reading it
Jun 30, 2016
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2016
Narelle
Narelle marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2016
Darlene S DeMott
Darlene S DeMott rated it really liked it
Dec 28, 2015
S
S marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2015
Ta-Neha Smith-Parker
Ta-Neha Smith-Parker marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2015
Elena
Elena marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2015
Flo
Flo rated it really liked it
Dec 31, 2015
Onyx Towers
Onyx Towers rated it really liked it
Mar 15, 2015
Jessica Mccleese
Jessica Mccleese marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2015
Lynnell
Lynnell rated it really liked it
Jan 24, 2015
Ann
Ann rated it it was amazing
Jan 22, 2015
Jennifer Richey
Jennifer Richey rated it it was ok
Jan 26, 2015
Jo
Jo rated it it was amazing
Feb 06, 2015
Holly Chavez
Holly Chavez rated it it was ok
Nov 11, 2014
Cindy Iglesia
Cindy Iglesia rated it did not like it
Nov 06, 2014
Kathleen
Kathleen rated it liked it
Sep 09, 2014
Sharon
Sharon added it
Aug 10, 2014
Megan Smith
Megan Smith rated it liked it
Aug 04, 2014
Jacqui
Jacqui added it
Aug 03, 2014
Leah
Leah marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2014